Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,282 members, 7,846,286 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Will You Be Voting On Election Day? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Be Voting On Election Day? (1390 Views)

Why Won't You Be Voting On Saturday? / PDP Primary: Anyim Congratulates Atiku, Decries Voting On Primordial Sentiments / ‘I Wole Soyinka Will Not Be Voting For Either Buhari Or Atiku’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Be Voting On Election Day? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2023
Exclusive101:
So who ask you for this tutorial ? Your brain can not decipher that my comment goes to the majority of those it is addressed to n not necessarily the minority among them.

Of you poll a thousand people among Igbo Yoruba Hausa the most like against MM ticket is who my comment is to.

I don't understand you sir.
Re: Will You Be Voting On Election Day? by brain54(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2023
Lionnation:
tell them who you want them to vote
I purposely left that part out…

And I purposely didn’t respond to your question on my choice of candidate. Because quite sincerely I hadn’t yet made up my mind on the best man for the job. Until today.

Tinubu although has a good track record of being a visionary achiever has never been a contender that has given me serious headache in terms of choice. Mainly because of health issues and age. Maybe a younger tinubu would have been my first choice.

My indecisiveness has always been between Atiku and Obi. While Atiku is also of age he seems to be most mature and experienced amongst the candidates from the lot. I think he would make a good president. However I have observed him closely and don’t think he would do anything more significantly different from the usual. He has a lot to offer and was my favorite to win during the last election. However I think his time is also passed and I will regard him as the best president Nigeria never had.

Now I have my concerns about obi…will he be able to stamp his authority in governance and not be run down or undermined or even under rated by power cabals? The way Jonathan Goodluck was- especially considering the region he comes from. Will he be able to deliver on his promises and provide good governance and so many other concerns. In all honesty I don’t think he did spectacularly well as Anambra governor. Averagely well at best.

But in all my thinking and with just 7days to the election I finally made up my mind. And it’s to support obi. And it’s for one simple and single reason- not because I have so much trust and believe in the man or even think he is the messiah to save/salvage the Nigerian situation. LETS TRY A DIFFERENT APPROACH/WAY.

Obviously the templates we have be using hasn’t worked so far. Atiku or tinubu hasn’t shown/proved they will do anything different from the Nigerian political norm.

Obi on the other hand has a different approach. If I had the opportunity/choice of picking/voting a candidate I will pick him. Let’s do a different approach and be hopeful it goes well.

So in essence I say Peter Obi for president!
Re: Will You Be Voting On Election Day? by FreedomfromtheT: 10:11am On Feb 20, 2023
brain54:

I purposely left that part out…

And I purposely didn’t respond to your question on my choice of candidate. Because quite sincerely I hadn’t yet made up my mind on the best man for the job. Until today.

Tinubu although has a good track record of being a visionary achiever has never been a contender that has given me serious headache in terms of choice. Mainly because of health issues and age. Maybe a younger tinubu would have been my first choice.

My indecisiveness has always been between Atiku and Obi. While Atiku is also of age he seems to be most mature and experienced amongst the candidates from the lot. I think he would make a good president. However I have observed him closely and don’t think he would do anything more significantly different from the usual. He has a lot to offer and was my favorite to win during the last election. However I think his time is also passed and I will regard him as the best president Nigeria never had.

Now I have my concerns about obi…will he be able to stamp his authority in governance and not be run down or undermined or even under rated by power cabals? The way Jonathan Goodluck was- especially considering the region he comes from. Will he be able to deliver on his promises and provide good governance and so many other concerns. In all honesty I don’t think he did spectacularly well as Anambra governor. Averagely well at best.

But in all my thinking and with just 7days to the election I finally made up my mind. And it’s to support obi. And it’s for one simple and single reason- not because I have so much trust and believe in the man or even think he is the messiah to save/salvage the Nigerian situation. LETS TRY A DIFFERENT APPROACH/WAY.

Obviously the templates we have be using hasn’t worked so far. Atiku or tinubu hasn’t shown/proved they will do anything different from the Nigerian political norm.

Obi on the other hand has a different approach. If I had the opportunity/choice of picking/voting a candidate I will pick him. Let’s do a different approach and be hopeful it goes well.

So in essence I say Peter Obi for president!

Well said.
Re: Will You Be Voting On Election Day? by FreedomfromtheT: 10:15am On Feb 20, 2023
It is less than 5 days to the much talked about Nigeria's 2023 presidential election. Please do everything possible to vote and vote wisely.
God bless you and God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can The US Provide Witnesses To Testify Against Tinubu Narcotic Drug Deals / 10th NASS: Dark Horse Emerges As President Tinubu Wades In / Confusion! Appeal Court Orders Conduct Of Elections In Taraba Instead Of Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.