Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty (23386 Views)

IGP Adamu retirement: 3 DIGs, 10 AIGs to go / IGP deploys DIG, AIG, 11 CPs for Ondo election / IG Appoints New CPs For Lagos, Kano, Ogun, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Islie: 8:51am On Feb 19, 2023
6 Days To Go: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty

Six days to the presidential and National Assembly elections, the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, has suspended the redeployment of Deputy Inspectors-General of Police (DIGs), Assistant Inspectors-General of Police (AIGs) and Commissioners of Police for election duties.

The police boss, on February 7, this year, redeployed some DIGs, AIGs and CPs ahead of the country’s general elections.

The redeployment was part of the strategies of the police authority to ensure that officers and men of the Force are not partisan before, during and after the elections.

However, a signal issued by the Force Secretary, was made available to Daily Trust on Sunday, where the IGP ordered the senior officers to suspend their movement until further notice.

The senior cops, Daily Trust on Sunday gathered, were expected to resume at their new beats tomorrow before the new signal was released.

Issued late on Friday via a police wireless message, DTO: 171830/02/2023, the signal was titled: ‘’Posting senior officers for 2023 general elections duty.’’

INGENPOL directs that all officers deployed for election duties suspend movement to areas of deployment and await further directive. Ensure strict compliance,” the signal stated.

A senior police officer, who confirmed the signal, said no reason was given for the suspension.

“The signal was released on Friday, but I don’t know why it was suspended,” he said.

When contacted, the Force spokesman, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, declined comment.

However, a top source attributed the suspension to the rivalry between the IGP and the National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno, over the constitution of the inter-agency consultative committee on election security.

The source said; “when the committee was constituted, the INEC chairman was named as the chairman while the NSA serves as the co-chairman. This did not go down well with the IGP, who believes he should be the co-chairman and not the NSA.

But a top INEC official punctured the claims, saying ” the IGP has never been named as co-chairman of the committee. Check the records of last year’s election, it was the NSA.”

The suspension came weeks after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) raised concerns that the cashless and currency swap policies of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) would pose a challenge to the successful conduct of the general elections.

The commission said if nothing was done to address the cash crunch caused by the policies, it would find it difficult to deploy staff and materials for the elections as most of the services required cash to obtain.

https://dailytrust.com/6-days-to-go-uncertainty-as-igp-suspends-deployment-of-digs-aigs-cps-for-election-duty/

1 Share

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by madridguy(m): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2023
So the delayed in deployment is simply for the IGP to show is muscle grin Make una kwotinue.

Jagaban is here already.

63 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by IFAnation3: 9:13am On Feb 19, 2023
I see
Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by AtikuOkowa: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2023
Drugie is finished as I can see
IGP insist on free and fair election
No enough days to buy their faith and to know where they would go

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Salvador1: 9:46am On Feb 19, 2023
madridguy:
So the delayed in deployment is simply for the IGP to show is muscle grin Make una kwotinue.

Jagaban is here already.
this should worry tinubu alot as he's planning on using security to intimate voters.
Thanks to igp cos Frank MBA will take care of any thugs that will harass voters.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Salvador1: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2023
grin grin

Nice one Frank MBA still remain Lagos CP till after election.

Mc oluomo and his Nairaland touts will be dealt with severely if they constitute nuisance.

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by criminalmindz: 9:50am On Feb 19, 2023
Postponement loading

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by madridguy(m): 9:57am On Feb 19, 2023
Read the story again.

Salvador1:
this should worry tinubu alot as he's planning on using security to intimate voters.
Thanks to igp cos Frank MBA will take care of any thugs that will harass voters.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Digitron: 10:11am On Feb 19, 2023
I found the deployment very funny.

How will a new CP understands the security architecture two weeks to a crucial election

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by FarahAideed: 10:14am On Feb 19, 2023
I have never been wrong on Buhari, let's see if he can prove me wrong this time ..we dey look

9 Likes

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by JoeEeL(m): 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2023
IPOB AUTOPILOT, I FEAR WHO NO FEAR UNA.

YOU GUYS ARE THE MOST DETERMINED BREED IN THIS ABOMINABLE EVIL FOREST CALLED NIGERIA. KUDOS! IF NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU, TRIBES IN AFRICA ARE FEW WHO CAN RESIST TYRANNY AND OPPRESSION DESPITE EVERYTHING THROWN AT THEM.

I SIMPLY BOW.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by bigdammyj: 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2023
Noted.
Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Turakend: 3:05pm On Feb 19, 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Brendaniel: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nice move, keep them uncertain about the location of their deployment, then assign them a day to election, it might become too stressful and too late to make any plan with any politician in your assigned location, they will be too busy trying to get to their area of deployment to start working without much time to plan with any politician.

Only direct orders from the president will be obeyed during this election, no room for mago-mago, any officer that sounds compromising should be removed, meanwhile...

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Kingzeez10: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
Salvador1:
Dumbest Obidient i ever seen.

I doubt you read the story

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by JoeEeL(m): 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
MAZI KANU, MAZI KANU, MAZI KANU... HOW MANY TIMES DID I CALL U?

MNAY OF YOUR PEOPLE ABANDONED YOU FOR ANOTHER FAKE MESSIAH. THEY NOW DEFEND NIGERIA BETTER THAN OTHER TRIBES THEY USED TO MOCK JUST A FEW YEARS AGO. THEY HAVE EQUATED BIAFRA FREEDOM FOR NIGERIAN PRESIDENCY, DESPITE YOUR CONSISTENT TEACHINGS FOR 10 GOOD YEARS. UNBELIEVABLE!

A RARE FINE BREED YOU ARE THOUGH, THESE "MANY", I DOUBT DESERVE YOU.

MAY YOU LIVE LONG.

They brought a foreign Jesus and Mohammed as saviours for black people. And these were mere humans. Yet some people worship them.

Then why can't I worship u?? U are a saviour. Whoever doesn't like it should slam his head on a wall or floor!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by imkondi: 3:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
Getting interesting
Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by LegendHero(m): 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
It is as tho this election will be truly postponed.

10 Likes

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Softmirror: 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
FarahAideed:
I have never been wrong on Buhari, let's see if he can prove me wrong this time ..we dey look

SO YOU STILL BELIEVE HE IS DEAD. THAT WHO WE HAVE IS A CLONED BUHARI? OR JIBIRINALSUDAN? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by POGazette: 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
The election will be postponed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Originakalokalo(m): 3:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
It is well.

See this

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

¹⁴ His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

¹⁵ And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

¹⁶ And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

¹⁷ And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

¹⁸ I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

This is Jesus.

Obey him. Believe him and be saved.

He has the keys of death and hell.

He is the only one that can save you from the power of death.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by money121(m): 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by mycar: 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2023
Digitron:
I found the deployment very funny.

How will a new CP understands the security architecture two weeks to a crucial election
that's, what is needed

2 Likes

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by bopopades: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
Anybody can win but TINUBU

he is the worst presidential candidate by far in the history of democrazy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Dialpad: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
Na wah
Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by tonykester: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
E go rugged oh..

25th February is a date with destiny for every Nigerian that has been subjected to oppression since 1960, it's a date that should never be misused for any reason, it's a date that should never be toyed with it simply because it might never come again,take Nigeria back,Vote Peter Obi..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by chatinent: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2023
..hands akimbo.

2 Likes

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2023
madridguy:

Peter Obi is here already.

Yes sir!

3 Likes

Re: Uncertainty As IGP Suspends Deployment Of DIGs, AIGs, CPs For Election Duty by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2023
M.K.O reloaded... 😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruth Ogunleye: COAS Lagbaja Warns Personnel To Desist Making Comments / Senate suspends plenary till thursday: Acting clerk Nelson Oyewo / N2.2tn Debt In One Year: Buhari’s Government Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.