Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:35 PM

Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey (17432 Views)

Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / Folorunsho Alakija Surpasses Oprah Winfrey As Richest Black Woman In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

No one said it does, but people make decisions based on ethical standards. Everyone knows what is basically immoral and what is moral.
It is amoral decisions that are what make companies impossible to be squeaky clean, after all no one is God.

That statement is not factual. Just like there is no excuse for the average individual to be amoral in his dealings, there is none for companies to do same and so please I don't understand what exactly your point is going on and on with this but I do not make excuses for anyone, amoral or not and certain apply the same when it comes to businesses. So I do not need to praise someone I am not sure of and I will not cause of your view on who is moral and who is amoral. I own my own business and I can give quite a few examples of persons who do same who do all they can to stay away from amoral dealings. Why then should I now start considering persons who choose to deal in amoral business just cause?? That might make sense to you but not to me. I say we seriously differ on that and so let it be.
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
You mean immoral dealings. Business and human beings are faced with amoral decisions all th time. Outsourcing to Chin for lower wage for instance is amoral, do you think its wrong,who cares because it legal. I dont thing you understand the difference between immoral and amoral, It is never right for a company to be immoral, but the same standard can not be said about amoral, or else [b]all [/b]companies would not pass your measure. You told me you a a business man, tell me what business you do so I can give you an example. Is it okay to pay bribes in countries where it is customary to pay them?
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

You mean immoral dealings. Business and human beings are faced with amoral decisions all th time. Outsourcing to Chin for lower wage for instance is amoral, do you think its wrong,who cares because it legal. I don't thing you understand the difference between immoral and amoral, It is never right for a company to be immoral, but the same standard can not be said about amoral, or else all [/b]companies would not pass your measure. You told me you a a business man, tell me what business you do so I can give you an example. Is it okay to pay bribes in countries where it is customary to pay them?

A typo does not equal a misunderstanding. I do understand what you are getting at and I still stand where i do on this topic. Let me make it easy for you,

Here

[b]a·mor·al (-môrl, -mr-)

adj.
1. Not admitting of moral distinctions or judgments; neither moral nor immoral.
2. Lacking moral sensibility; not caring about right and wrong.

Now here is my take on this topic once again,
I still stand where I stand on issues. I do not make excuses for businesses that decide it is ok to take the amoral route when it is possible to do same morally. I do not agree with your take and I certainly do not see things as you do in this case.
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2008
Our amoral judgments are different as are all human beings, my bloody point exactly. And like the definition says amoral is neither moral or immoral. So I ask you how can you thus hold it against a company that makes certain amoral decsions that are against you own amoral judgments, you cant quite possible do that at all.
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Our amoral judgments are different as are all human beings, my bloody point exactly. And like the definition says amoral is neither moral or immoral. So I ask you how can you thus hold it against a company that makes certain amoral decsions that are against you own amoral judgments, you can't quite possible do that at all.

uummm,  I have explained to you over and over how I can and that I do?? Why do you seem to be having a hard time that I actually take a different approach and view when it comes to issues such as this??
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by oaemm: 3:35am On Mar 10, 2008
, I guess I'm proud to be a Nigerian afterall.

There are quite a lot to be learnt from both sides.All I see in the whole hulabalu is, there is always a place at the top for you if you focus. As for me, I'm profiling 'em to discover what m de 'em make the list. (Nigerians & Non-Nigerians alike)

You catch my drift?
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by damola1: 4:05am On Mar 10, 2008
Thanks for putting so simple:

There's always a place at the top for you, if only you are ready.

It doesn't matter if you are in yankee, or jd or iraq, and 9ja, you guys missed an important point sha!!, there are more indian billionaires in the top 10 than any other country, what does that tell you, even in developing india, there are big boys there., big sometin, big big sometin,

it's all about you. estimated: 130M people in 9ja, what did dangote actually do, he sold sugar to all of them, he met with baba iyabo, and said, why don't you support me, I am investing in this country, support local investment and in retur I will support your library project, why not cancel importation of cement, then, open seseame, he had the biggest cement producing factory in africa, and the 3rd largest in the world, oh, he still didn't stop there, he crushed all the small boys, either political power, or through crazy competitive, and walah!!!, he's now the biggest of them all,

Did he steal money in the process?, ask me, how will I know, was I there, was I in govt,

But for those who claim someone is a saint and another is not, ask them, how many of the maradonas, abachas, abiolas, or any political crook owns a thriving business, a business so big, that it's the biggest of them all in africa, it's so big that, it's the most capitalised company on the Nigerian stock exchange.

let's stop fooling each other, this aboki is smart!!, I respect him, he's good.

IBB had money before him, Abiolas children are all there with the strong background, where are they today?, Abachas, tell me where are they?

Let's honour, those who deserve it, plss, this guy is good, if he was stupid, he won't even own a company in Nigeria, he'll foolishly put the money in switzerland,

so, pls guys, for ones, lets begin to appreciate our own, for once,

Me, I didn't say he's a saint oh, don't mis undestand me, but I am saying, to manage thousands of smart crooked nigerians, it takes a lot of balls, and he's proved it. he's earned it, anyone who can manage 10 nigerians, for years is very smart.

And hey, we shouldn't forget the Noise maker, Jimoh Ibrahim, thats also someone to emulate,

And maybe someday soon enough, Adeola will come up to inspire more and more Nigerians to join the race to greatness,

I love Nigeria, I will never trade being a Nigerian for anything, I children will be Nigerian, they'll learn to appreciate Nigeria, the opportunities,

They will learn most importantly what dangote learn, that no matter where you are, whether in lagos, or kano or New york, or paris, or shanghai, or tokyo or anywhere, it's not the place that matters, but you!!!, for God's sake, where are all those who travelled to greener pasture, why ain't they on the forbes list,

Hey, Dangote is good, I applaud him.
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by jjzones(m): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2010
Would you come out in the open if you have $10 Billion when you know so well that the tax hungry government is readily on your tail, Watch yo back men! Oprah is not a dollar billionaire mind you.
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2010
I CAN SEE THIS POST IS OLD, OPRAH CURRENTLY RICHEST BLACK PERSON IN THE WORLD, MR. DANGOTE IF YOU CAN CHALLENGE THAT PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF, THANK YOU.
Re: Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
I CAN SEE THIS POST IS OLD, OPRAH CURRENTLY RICHEST BLACK PERSON IN THE WORLD, MR. DANGOTE IF YOU CAN CHALLENGE THAT PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF, THANK YOU.  TO PROOF MY POSITION PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_billionaires

http://www.chacha.com/question/who-is-the-richest-black-person-on-earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free Info To Get Easy Loan For Your Business / First Bank Wins Best Mobile Banking App And Fastest Growing Retail Bank Awards / What's A Good Souvenir To Give Clients During This Festive Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.