Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? (19542 Views)

Have You Tried Spending The Old Naira Notes, How Did It Go? / Communities, Markets In Sokoto Abandon Naira, Trade In CFA Over Scarcity Of New / Banks Blame CBN For Scarcity Of Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
CrownLands:
NAIRA SWAP: How do you purchase food items from the market?
1. Cash
2. USSD transfer
3. Banking App
4. POS terminals
5. Barter

Folks, how are you coping?
Traders, how is your sales this period?
BANK APP AND USSD-TRANSFER..

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Ventura1: 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2023
It's been tough, but we are surviving.
More businesses are embracing electronic transaction.
Fintech platforms like Opay are cashing out.

6 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by chiboycue: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
CrownLands:
NAIRA SWAP: How do you purchase food items from the market?
1. Cash
2. USSD transfer
3. Banking App
4. POS terminals
5. Barter

Folks, how are you coping?
Traders, how is your sales this period?

USSD transfer is best option in perilious time like this.

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Justpassingby45(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2023
Through POS or transfer

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Biglogo(m): 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2023
Many hypocrite that are supporting this policy online does not even have the guts to tell us how they suffer it in their real life wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by kennyz247(m): 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
even the devil hmself know say e no easy on Nigerians
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by gentleguy1975: 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
yomi007k:

My nigga... cool

Same here. If you no dey take transfer, no deal between us.
even some people still collect charges on transfer undecidedsome food vendors would ask you to add #50 to your bill

6 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by PastorOku: 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2023
I bought food items 30k at home yesterday with transfer. I can't kee myself.

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Nchenches: 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2023
We are coping down here.
It's a sacrifice to stop a man who stole Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and Ministry of Power, Housing and Works, dry through his boys, Fowler and Fashola. The cash stockpiled to buy election must become useless. Kwankwaso just said.

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by dyera(m): 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thinkam:
God bless Opay and Palmpay for quick alerts on outgoing transactions.

God bless Unity bank, Gtb Bank, jaiz bank, Fidelity bank, for always successful transactions via Pos.

Finally God bless my beautiful people of Kebbi and sokoto, for accepting transfers for even purchases as low as 300 naira

I've not held more than 3k cash at a go since these Naira got redesigned.

I've not felt any pain all through

You Sabi. Fidelity bank all the way. POS payment no dey take more than five seconds.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by VenExchangee: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
Palmpay and opay for all deal.

7 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
It’s been rough. I was able to get 10k cash last week but had to give it out, some people are really suffering and need help.

Some people just can’t survive without cash. Petty businesses are feeling it most.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Telldem1(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Throwback:

This one has realised that Peter Obi is on the wrong side of the masses suffering, he has to blame Tinubu to save face for the charlatan candidate that knows nothing about how economic growth is conceived.

The curse and bad omen will never unleash his wickedness and visionlessness on Nigeria, like he unleashed on Anambrarians.
you are wasting your time by trying to hate the choice of the masses. Obi is coming!

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by twosquare(m): 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Don't mind them...but I suggest people switch to fintech with free transfers...despite what is happening, traditional banks refused to remove these charges...so....more naira to their coffers....soon they will start declaring billions in profits...after milking us dry.

No wonder there are many unbanked.
gentleguy1975:
even some people still collect charges on transfer undecidedsome food vendors would ask you to add #50 to your bill

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Telldem1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
Nchenches:
We are coping down here.
It's a sacrifice to stop a man who stole Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and Ministry of Power, Housing and Works, dry through his boys, Fowler and Fashola. The cash stockpiled to buy election must become useless. Kwankwaso just said.
This woman get mind sha.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by VenExchangee: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
gentleguy1975:
Of course yes, what if they want to withdraw?
Add at least #50-#100 as charge is okay.
I always add charge for them even if they didn't tell me.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by PoloG: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
Tinubu will reverse that useless policy when he wins
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by TheGovernor555: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
I've been getting money from a shop in front of my house. I go transfer,them go give me cash. Na so I dae run am

Are you looking to rent a house or purchase a landed property in anywhere in Rivers State??
Call.or WhatsApp:0 8 1 3 0 0 3 7 1 0 6
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by decomposer(m): 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2023
Our problem in Nigeria is Politics.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by easytig(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2023
The genesis of cash scarcity,na tinubu and atiku cause am, with reckless vote buying during primaries .na wetin buhari see wey make am change am for them with naira redesign

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by LocalStandard1(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2023
I will post a video of a serious fight, in my eyes, in an Abuja bank's ATM tomorrow. Watch out!
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Teeroyzimma: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2023
Almiron:
GTbank App, It can be frustrating atimes but it works eventually.

However, USSD(737) is dead, if you plan to pay with it, you'll watch plates laslas

grin
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Agonglo17: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

Never been to the market since the beginning of the scarcity. I can't pay 10 percent charges using the pos and I can't be number 200 on the queue in the bank

Actually you're paying 40 percent on POS, not 10

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Skillsnigeria: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2023
Hmmm
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Apuyu: 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
No doubt but why them nor change 2019 when he wan use am for them(APC) Na now he reach he turn dem dey change am, fear human being and na good for am becausehe brought this plague upon us
Coolsperm:
Tinubu is the major cause of this currency problem, Tinubu stole money Tru bullion van during last election
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by adioolayi(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2023
Allow those that are playing politics with this nonsense to continue...

I don't understand why one will choose to burn a whole house because of one rat...is that not craziness

You are happy and supporting this evil policy that have paralysed many small scale businesses, simply because some politicians, supposedly, are preventing some set of politicians from vote buying

So, because of vote buying, we should not live our normal lives anymore The same country the masses have never benefitted true dividends of democracy...you are punishing us because of an election

If cursing truly works, the curse wey I see people send give Buhari and Emefiele today, no be small one.
It's just so annoying and tiring.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Hdhdhd(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2023
I'm dieing of hunger here o, you will have money but to bring it out and buy something is something else.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Adewale1603(m): 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
I have Moniepoint pos machine for transferring my funds, buy airtime e.t.c very fast and effective, with quick alerts transaction. ussd is useless

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by snoopz: 9:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Na those road side business wey now wan move cashless deyy suffer o, u withdraw 20k 3 weeks ago, Na like 7k remain, Na transfer and pos I dey do now for supermarkets unlike before that 20ƙ no go last 1week before but now I no dey even spend anyhow unless it's needed but we really need that cash as I dey like this I'm scared of union monthly charges that will hit me at the end of the month

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by easytig(m): 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
It's like I will have to have my personal pos machine o,money I'm paying for transfer ehn, don dey pass be careful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by adejaresalami1(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
Our renew hope is coming..... Jagaban is coming. Brace up your mind for the mind blowing change we will experience in every sector of our country. Vote tested and trust not trial and terror
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
Benin mkt women don adjust!

Most of Dem are even happy wit it cos kidnapping & armed robbery has bn brought to an abrupt end in Edo state.

Buhari is d hero here now!

Na aboki wey dey sell rice 4 wheelbarrow sell mkt 4 me last weekend. Dude get em own pos machine.

I shock!
cool

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession / Requirements For Incorporating A Private Limited Liability Company In Nigeria / Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.