Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? (19548 Views)

Have You Tried Spending The Old Naira Notes, How Did It Go? / Communities, Markets In Sokoto Abandon Naira, Trade In CFA Over Scarcity Of New / Banks Blame CBN For Scarcity Of Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by stagger: 12:28am On Feb 21, 2023
OperationalVehi:
i dont have anything. have been praying for a good job and also some money to take care of some very important expenses.
please i need your prayer and financial favour
i am currertly at a desperate and trying time.
bank : carbon Bank app
account: 737709 1729

pls

Go and make peace with God that you have been mocking in your previous posts first. Don't drag others to partake of the fruits of your unbelief.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Minjim: 1:12am On Feb 21, 2023
twosquare:
And why is that?

Anyway, Google data shows that PalmPay has got the most users, and I love PalmPay interface.

Rumour making round say Palmpay may soon be sanctioned by CBN.Even today the service was mostly distrupted which is unusual
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by oladele00(m): 1:21am On Feb 21, 2023
Transfer all through. I have not felt any hardship, but my dad and mom can't make the transfer even when they have got enough with them. Yes, laugh for all I care, those in the village aren't internet savvy like the rest of us in the city. They can't even access funds of any kind. I had to send cash via a driver to deliver for them. Believe me, it's a devilish policy from the pit of hell. A proper survey should have been carried out before such an unwarranted policy was forcefully conferred on the people. It's not about Tinubu right now, if this goes on for another week, Nigerians might not be able to survive it. It's a draconian policy. My old man was practically crying yesterday. So sad that we have descended to this level of undomesticated inhumanity as a nation.

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by cumoverna: 1:34am On Feb 21, 2023
Business is terrible for now, God have mercy.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by owem19(m): 2:32am On Feb 21, 2023
Walahi, zenith Bank done finish me,patapata,once this madness is over, that useless bank should forget about me as a customer.ndi ala and ndi oshi
Almiron:
GTbank App, It can be frustrating atimes but it works eventually.

However, USSD(737) is dead, if you plan to pay with it, you'll wash plates laslas

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Dshocker(m): 3:23am On Feb 21, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

Never been to the market since the beginning of the scarcity. I can't pay 10 percent charges using the pos and I can't be number 200 on the queue in the bank

So how have you been getting cash to survive?
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by LordofNaija: 6:03am On Feb 21, 2023
Thinkam:
God bless Opay and Palmpay for quick alerts on outgoing transactions.

God bless Unity bank, Gtb Bank, jaiz bank, Fidelity bank, for always successful transactions via Pos.

Finally God bless my beautiful people of Kebbi and sokoto, for accepting transfers for even purchases as low as 300 naira

I've not held more than 3k cash at a go since these Naira got redesigned.

I've not felt any pain all through
So you guys have stopped using the old notes in sokoto?
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by twosquare(m): 6:16am On Feb 21, 2023
Fake news...

I saw the news, and not just PalmPay, Opay and Kuda inclusive...immediately i saw it, I knew it was fake...and it was later debunked....

sanctions are normal in the industry...fines....so, it is nothing new...
Minjim:

Rumour making round say Palmpay may soon be sanctioned by CBN.Even today the service was mostly distrupted which is unusual
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Calibrator: 7:09am On Feb 21, 2023
Is that not the whole essence of "Capitalism"?
Karlifate:

You're feeling like a champion, for hoarding notes that are not enough in circulation. 😏

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by nedekid: 8:06am On Feb 21, 2023
The good thing about this is that ragging has reduced. Abi where is the cash to give?
Imagine I drove all the way to Iperu on sunday, the regular ake checkpoint where they stop you and then shine their dirty teeth asking for money was not there.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Dibixxx1(m): 9:03am On Feb 21, 2023
Benblaq:
I haven't dropped anything during offertory collection for two Sundays now. The reason is fairly straightforward: no money at all. The church looks scanty and it's very obvious. If not that I am not to miss Sunday Masses I would have stayed back until things go back to normal. How I have come to shamelessly sit back during offertory is so amusingly crazy. Lol. Last Sunday dem call for tithe nobody come out. Everybody just dey carry gloomy face. Trek to church, trek come back. Women who sell basic commodities do not accept transfer, and even when you see a shop that accepts transfer you'll be praying for God to not let “Dem don debit me” “I never see alert ” to happen.

I was lucky on two occasions last week cos I saw some guys at the restaurant I eat who gave me money and I transferred to them. Unluckily for me last weekend I did a transfer to a guy who charged N150 per 1k. I was debited but MTN network was bad. I stood until my body and soul regretted being a Nigerian. Since we hardly find sincere people in our "corn tree", he refused to release the money and only gave me fare to my house, which according to him was a dash. We exchanged contacts and he called hours later that he has seen it. I got the money the next day.

In all, I believe with my whole heart that Nigeria shall be great again. Vote wisely this weekend, otherwise what we are facing now would be a child's play compared to what we will see, but God forbid bat thing.

Wow..150 for 1k? That's very good. This morning a POS ops told me 2k for 5k, 4k for 10k. Last last na we dey do ourselves. Common man to common man. Stop blaming politicians
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2023
[quote author=Haymus007 post=121083863][/quote]

Manage till the end of the month, I’ll buy you two meals

Tag me Feb 28
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Jack500: 10:28am On Feb 21, 2023
Coolsperm:
Tinubu is the major cause of this currency problem, Tinubu stole money Tru bullion van during last election

Tinubu is the reason for your poverty too?
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by maasoap(m): 11:25am On Feb 21, 2023
Benblaq:
I haven't dropped anything during offertory collection for two Sundays now. The reason is fairly straightforward: no money at all. The church looks scanty and it's very obvious. If not that I am not to miss Sunday Masses I would have stayed back until things go back to normal. How I have come to shamelessly sit back during offertory is so amusingly crazy. Lol. Last Sunday dem call for tithe nobody come out. Everybody just dey carry gloomy face. Trek to church, trek come back. Women who sell basic commodities do not accept transfer, and even when you see a shop that accepts transfer you'll be praying for God to not let “Dem don debit me” “I never see alert ” to happen.

I was lucky on two occasions last week cos I saw some guys at the restaurant I eat who gave me money and I transferred to them. Unluckily for me last weekend I did a transfer to a guy who charged N150 per 1k. I was debited but MTN network was bad. I stood until my body and soul regretted being a Nigerian. Since we hardly find sincere people in our "corn tree", he refused to release the money and only gave me fare to my house, which according to him was a dash. We exchanged contacts and he called hours later that he has seen it. I got the money the next day.

In all, I believe with my whole heart that Nigeria shall be great again. Vote wisely this weekend, otherwise what we are facing now would be a child's play compared to what we will see, but God forbid bat thing

Well told experience. But I do hope that your vote wisely advice doesn't mean that we should vote for those two clowns who have promised to carry on with this Buhari's and Emefiele's legacy of putting Nigerians through hardships. Because to them, it is a laudable policy grin grin grin
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by maasoap(m): 11:27am On Feb 21, 2023
BOOKWORMLUX:
I don't even know what naira notes look like again

Transfer on a steady

I'm tired

My concern is even people living in villages. Unnecessary hardship.

Some local governments in Nigeria don't even have one ATM machine.
E be things

Vote Peter Obi sha

The same fraud who supports Buhari's failure, right?
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by XAUBulls: 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
CrownLands:
NAIRA SWAP: How do you purchase food items from the market?
1. Cash
2. USSD transfer
3. Banking App
4. POS terminals
5. Barter

Folks, how are you coping?
Traders, how is your sales this period?
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by XAUBulls: 12:18pm On Feb 21, 2023
Benblaq:

In all, I believe with my whole heart that Nigeria shall be great again. Vote wisely this weekend, otherwise what we are facing now would be a child's play compared to what we will see, but God forbid bat thing.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by XAUBulls: 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
cassyrooy:
I've hardly used cash these past few weeks.

Even to purchase water, bread, watch football, I've practically paid for these through transfers via Bank Apps (which sometimes work if I use VPN to open them) but people hardly transfer to me because they mainly use USSD and this has affected me negatively.

Na lockdown protocol I dey like this.

I no dey leave house say I wan enter motor go anywhere.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by XAUBulls: 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
Thinkam:
God bless Opay and Palmpay for quick alerts on outgoing transactions.

God bless Unity bank, Gtb Bank, jaiz bank, Fidelity bank, for always successful transactions via Pos.

Finally God bless my beautiful people of Kebbi and sokoto, for accepting transfers for even purchases as low as 300 naira

I've not held more than 3k cash at a go since these Naira got redesigned.

I've not felt any pain all through
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by XAUBulls: 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
Almiron:
GTbank App, It can be frustrating atimes but it works eventually.

However, USSD(737) is dead, if you plan to pay with it, you'll wash plates laslas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by XAUBulls: 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Ronpet777(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
BOOKWORMLUX:
I don't even know what naira notes look like again

Transfer on a steady

I'm tired

My concern is even people living in villages. Unnecessary hardship.

Some local governments in Nigeria don't even have one ATM machine.

E be things

Vote Peter Obi sha

Is this the same E be things in my Chelsea WhatsApp group?
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ronpet777:

Is this the same E be things in my Chelsea WhatsApp group?
Lol
No
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Tonytonex(m): 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2023
CrownLands:
NAIRA SWAP: How do you purchase food items from the market?
1. Cash
2. USSD transfer
3. Banking App
4. POS terminals
5. Barter

Folks, how are you coping?
Traders, how is your sales this period?
I don't go to market. I eat at restaurants
Everything else I buy is app transfer

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Haymus007(m): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Tag me Feb 28
Okay i will, thanks so much God bless you.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Nobodysboo(m): 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2023
Karlifate:

It's even fair in the North.

In the South-West, a lot of traders, transporters or anyone you're transacting with, will not accept transfer from you, expect he or she knows you to a reasonable extent.

This thing is getting out of hand and if not taking care of we (Nigerians) will end up in the losing end

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Ronpet777(m): 8:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
BOOKWORMLUX:

Lol
No
Alright
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Haymus007(m): 7:31am On Feb 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Tag me Feb 28
Good morning, according to what you promised i would really appreciate here is my acct details 0170686188 GTbank.
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2023
Haymus007:

Good morning, according to what you promised i would really appreciate here is my acct details 0170686188 GTbank.

Be expectant
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Haymus007(m): 11:13am On Feb 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Be expectant
Okay i will
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by IyanuDeb(f): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
believe me when I say I've gained than lost out of this rubbish policy
Re: The Reality Of Scarcity Of Naira Notes: How Are You Coping? by Haymus007(m): 10:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Be expectant
I just saw some funds now, infact i'm so surprised and really happy may the Good Lord bless you abundantly and may you continue to flourish in whatever you do Thanks so much sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N3.6 Billion Debt: AMCON Takes Over Bao Yao Firms In Abuja & Calabar / Requirements For Incorporating A Private Limited Liability Company In Nigeria / Woman, Two-yearold Son Detained Over Husband’s Debt (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.