Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,251 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield (32628 Views)

I'm A Beautiful Woman And I Want To Start A Family— Francisca Ordega / NPFL Clubs To Slug It Out For Dozy Mmobuosi/npfl Super Cup Star Prize Of N1.5bn / Dozy Mmobuosi Is Set To Acquire Sheffield United In A £90 Million Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Tobest94: 7:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
cunny88:
He should invest his Nigeria. The British has to make rules which suit there citizens more. He shouldn't expect equal treatment
if na you get that kind money you go like invest in Nigeria club? Una go just dey dish out advices you can never take

3 Likes

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2023
enomakos:
that club still exists?

Nowadays known as Heartland.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by henryobinna(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
PureFace1:
These people and victimhood mentality

It is not because you are a Nigerian it is because you are a foreigner, Former Chelsea owner Abrahamovic went through tougher shits just because he owned Chelsea.

You will go through rigorous scrutiny before acquiring property that worth millions of dollars in a working country. Stop the entitlement mentality, there are so many Africans with properties that worth millions of dollar in the same UK, stop acting like you are the first.
Out of curiosity, who are 'these people'?
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by BreakingNews21: 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
Omoluabi16:
Why don't you go where you're valued instead of crying? Has he bought any Nigerian asset before venturing into this? Make he dey play. Even them no allow dangote buy arsenal.

In a interview with Vanguard Dr. Mmobuosi made some disparaging comments about his fatherland so bleep him.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/05/how-dozy-mmobuosi-went-from-university-show-promoter-to-running-a-global-company/

" How about from the angle of running a multinational firm, what are the lessons?

I’m learning every day. Running a multinational business means you have to conform to the standards of your host country. You must abide by regulations and this is our backbone today. Compliance is key and you can’t cut corners. This is making us a more responsible organisation.

Going back to Nigeria, Nigeria gives you ‘’crazy profit’’. This is mainly because the regulators are weak. I have to be blunt, our regulators do not understand trends in the sectors they are regulating. Our regulators need to understand global trends in various sectors of the economy because things are changing. "
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by 9ja2: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Brendaniel:
That is what our past leaders of this country also joined in causing, but this time ...

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

See below:

February 13 – Sheffield United’s proposed billionaire buyer Dozy Mmobuosi has outstanding County Court judgments against him in the UK for £30,109 for failure to pay his rent on a property in St Albans, Hertfordshire.

The debt was incurred in between April and December 2020 despite repeated attempts to recover the money by the landlord’s agents and subsequently bailiffs once the court judgement was issued in April 2021.

Mmobuosi has said in the past that he will pay the debt, but has yet to fulfil on his promises but apparently says he has enough personal wealth to complete a £90 million deal for Sheffield United

The self-styled Nigerian technology entrepreneur is closing in on the takeover of Championship side and is currently undergoing the EFL’s owner’s and director’s tests.

It is understood that the review of Mmobuosi is ongoing by the EFL and that none of the approvals required for him to take ownership of the club have yet been granted.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2023/02/13/sheffield-united-bidder-mmobuosi-unpaid-court-judgements-uk/

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Brendaniel: 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
9ja2:

See below:

February 13 – Sheffield United’s proposed billionaire buyer Dozy Mmobuosi has outstanding County Court judgments against him in the UK for £30,109 for failure to pay his rent on a property in St Albans, Hertfordshire.

The debt was incurred in between April and December 2020 despite repeated attempts to recover the money by the landlord’s agents and subsequently bailiffs once the court judgement was issued in April 2021.

Mmobuosi has said in the past that he will pay the debt, but has yet to fulfil on his promises but apparently says he has enough personal wealth to complete a £90 million deal for Sheffield United

The self-styled Nigerian technology entrepreneur is closing in on the takeover of Championship side and is currently undergoing the EFL’s owner’s and director’s tests.

It is understood that the review of Mmobuosi is ongoing by the EFL and that none of the approvals required for him to take ownership of the club have yet been granted.

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2023/02/13/sheffield-united-bidder-mmobuosi-unpaid-court-judgements-uk/

That could be an isolated case between him and the landlord based on personal misunderstanding between them...

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Ashirioluwa: 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
This is the first time I have heard this man's name.

I don't think their action has anything to do with being a black, yellow, or white man. What they are doing is making sure his income is legit by checking its source.

The main thing is that they are not prepared to partner with lone wolves, drug lords, con artists, or anyone with a dubious past.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Funflipper: 7:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

That could be an isolated case between him and the landlord based on personal misunderstanding between them...

Rather, he is being used as a front.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Ashirioluwa: 7:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
Brendaniel:

They can use that against him too.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by sprints1: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
MT:
I guess they have so much doubt over his source of money.
his source of money is not clear David ornstein athletic published an article on him said his airline did not operate for so long so where did he get his money. Lol. A Nigerian billionaire wants to buy club in england u think they will value you. Those people hate Nigerians pass poop.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Lightorder: 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:
This is the time for us to do away with tribalism, religion and personal interests

Even a 14 year old in Nigeria as at this moment knows
Who we want as the president

For a man to be able to perform very well that man must be physically fit, mentally fit and he must be aware of his environment
Lets not pretend that we are not aware that a particular candidate is not mentally and physically fit
He is not even aware of what is going on in his environment

Every Nigeria knows this..please don't because of tribe and religion repeat our mistakes
We just suffered Buhari tenure. The pain of Buhari incessant travel for medical check up is very fresh in our heart
I'm not igbo, am not hausa am not yoruba
Am from Edo sate. Please pity the future of our children and do away with tribalism and religion and do the right thing at your polling unit

These are one of the many evidence showing that he is mentally not strong. The national anthem was going on
Oshiomhole have to call him to order....we all are seeing this please 🙏. Let do the right thing...
Please if you can't give out your daughter or sister to an old man suffering from dementia, speech defects, shuffling gait, not mentally and physically fit
But wants to bring it upon Nigeria may you and your children knows no peace
that national anthem really shocked me. His posture just reminded me an owoda man , standing with a stick in front of a bus driver to collect owo mi da

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Brendaniel: 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

They can use that against him too.

sure they can....
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by callthefred: 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:

How do a man perform?

Just answer me

In this context of public office, a leader's performances can be rated on how they met the society and how better they left it. While growing up in Lagos before he become governor Lagos was dirtiest city in the world, he reformed Lawma by introducing PSP thereby making alot of people employed and many millionaires. Before then we normally used cart to throw away dirt. Lagos was notorious for Molue then today we have BRT buses, he started LagBus and BRT. He created KAI, LASSAA his policy with using consultants especially as regards taxes as ensure that Lagos IGR has grown bigger every month for 24 straight years. I'm talking about what I can see and defend and those polices today have added real value to Lagos.

Other governors come up with policies but after leaving the policies are dead either due to improper planning or lack of vision. Look at when Oyo wanted to franchise BRT, they called it Ajumoe buses, Makinde cancelled them because it was majorly meant to immortalize Ajimobi than service delivery. But you can't cancel or rename LagBus or BRT because they weren't named after individuals for cheap publicity. Can you cancel Lawam, KAI, LASSAA, LASEMA, IRT etc in Lagos ??
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Omoalaji12: 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2023
if his money is great, they should let him own the team, Dozy Mmuobosi want to buy Sheffield united, he should just pay and not speak with the media.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Hendrixky: 7:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
callthefred:

In this context of public office, a leader's performances can be rated on how they met the society and how better they left it. While growing up in Lagos before he become governor Lagos was dirtiest city in the world, he reformed Lawma by introducing PSP thereby making alot of people employed and many millionaires. Before then we normally used cart to throw away dirt. Lagos was notorious for Molue then today we have BRT buses, he started LagBus and BRT. He created KAI, LASSAA his policy with using consultants especially as regards taxes as ensure that Lagos IGR has grown bigger every month for 24 straight years. I'm talking about what I can see and defend and those polices today have added real value to Lagos.

Other governors come up with policies but after leaving the policies are dead either due to improper planning or lack of vision. Look at when Oyo wanted to franchise BRT, they called it Ajumoe buses, Makinde cancelled them because it was majorly meant to immortalize Ajimobi than service delivery. But you can't cancel or rename LagBus or BRT because they weren't named after individuals for cheap publicity. Can you cancel Lawam, KAI, LASSAA, LASEMA, IRT etc in Lagos ??

You didn't answer my question

How can a man carry out this same work you people claimed he did in lagos again when he is mentally and physically no longer fit
Dementia and he is not even aware of his environment anymore

Can you give out your daughter or sister to such man in this condition

But why do you want to bring it upon Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Dikaveli(m): 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
PureFace1:
These people and victimhood mentality

It is not because you are a Nigerian it is because you are a foreigner, Former Chelsea owner Abrahamovic went through tougher shits just because he owned Chelsea.

You will go through rigorous scrutiny before acquiring property that worth millions of dollars in a working country. Stop the entitlement mentality, there are so many Africans with properties that worth millions of dollar in the same UK, stop acting like you are the first.

Mumu how do you know he does not have properties too ?

Or can't you see what UK did to Russian businessmen in that country

You oil soup brains with tribalism eh

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by WantsandMore: 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
White, black, red Indian, or Chinese, We are all just a spirit living in different body colour. We all belong to one human race.
Rastafarian chapter 1vs1.
Preach Bruhda.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by YaQsGaYa(m): 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ask your sef who is Osimen?
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by One4me: 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
Reinamaria:
I doubt they will sell the club to him eventually.
It is quite clear they're looking for "valid" reason not to sell the club to an African man.

It is all about White Racism against Blacks, nothing more.
He should bring that Money and invest it in IICC, Eyimba, Sharks of PH, KAno Pillars, Bendel Insurance, etc.

But there is a bright side to it: All these foreigners buying up English Clubs with their hear earned Money have not learnt anything from the Russian Military Operation in Ukraine and how it affects the investment of Foreigners on these Western Countries!

Look at what they did to Russian Abrahimovich nd his beloved Chelsea! I am sure he will never dream of buying an EPL Club in his net Life.
They take your Money, allow you to develop their Club and the EPL and then seize everything at the slightest opportunity!
That is Official Brigandage and daylight Robbery.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by zumbigbo(m): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2023
Silence is golden
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by quickly: 7:34pm On Feb 21, 2023
Who dey advice this guy.

Dey go run am street like dem do Abramoivch

Sheffield a Yorkshire club that is racist as Bleep.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Ubdavis(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2023
Idiko1:
You need to correct your jacked up name, Dozy Mmuobosi. You are being treated like a foolish Nigerian due to your funky name.

I must maintain his identify!. Never can I be an indigenous stranger!
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by callthefred: 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hendrixky:

You didn't answer my question

How can a man carry out this same work you people claimed he did in lagos again when he is mentally and physically no longer fit
Dementia and he is not even aware of his environment anymore

Can you give out your daughter or sister to such man in this condition

But why do you want to bring it upon Nigeria?

First do you have his medical reports on the dementia you're alleging? I seen him moving from state to state for campaign and so long his brain is still functioning, I believe he can discharge his duties well. All I see in him is just advanced age nothing else...
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Bleeel002: 7:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
Afro3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8A3A9KctCQ&t=37s

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/2/nigerian-billionaire-dozy-mmobuosi-believes-his-skin-colour-has-subjecL

#NPFLUpdates
I can blame them o, just imagine the level of corruption in Africa and the type of leaders we are electing. Can someone like Tinubu contest election in UK. So what do u expect, they see us as a joke.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Hendrixky: 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
callthefred:

First do you have his medical reports on the dementia you're alleging? I seen him moving from state to state for campaign and so long his brain is still functioning, I believe he can discharge his duties well. All I see in him is just advanced age nothing else...

What about this

Do you know what this mean
The national was going on okay

Nigeria as at this present condition needs a vibrant, energetic, mentally and physically fit person to be there

Someone who is Aware of what will be going on in delta, ogun, ebonyi and everywhere

Not Someone who doesn't even know that the national anthem was going on even when the speakers were too loud to cause deafness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by KosiGee(m): 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
Tobest94:
if na you get that kind money you go like invest in Nigeria club? Una go just dish out advices you can never take

If I was in his place or had his money and passion for sports, a BIG yes, I’d invest in Enugu Rangers. I’ll build the club up like no person or corporate organisation has ever done in Nigeria. I’ll run it like a sports club instead just football.

As badly managed as most football clubs are in Nigeria, if some of them are set up and managed properly, they’d be making profits and lots of it from marketing shirts, souvenirs etc. A club like Rangers of Enugu or Shooting stars of Ibadan would make money from their shops alone...Classic IICC shooting stars Shirts or Old Rangers shirts, the types won by legends like Segun Odegbami, Ogedengbe, Christian Chukwu, Okala brothers would sell like hot cakes,
I’m a collector and I’d spend some good money to buy old Rangers shirts and there are lots of people like me who would spend money to do just that. Under Jim Nwobodo, Rangers had a games village at Awgu. It was well built back in the day and well managed.

I’d replicate Orji Uzor Kalu’s Enyimba and I’m sure I’ll be rewarded being involved with the club. The club will attract talents from all over Africa to start with and local talents would flourish, the academy would supply the national age group teams who would graduate to the Super Eagles. I’d start a female team as well....As talented as South East women are in sports, Enugu has no female team.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by kelspinall(m): 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
leave them
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Blazebond(m): 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
Dont cry to us,use.your British passport and work wonders with it because na so una dey do when foreign country give una passport.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by ike007(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2023
Rubbish....who owns Heathrow airport...? This one just wants to lay blame..and they are right for refusing a gruffy , corrupt looking individual from Nigeria like you...
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by PureFace1(m): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
chigator2:

these people and jealousy combusted with dark envy.

Who pass you pass you.

Call a spade a spade; what is the difference between your trash up there and what he said. He is treated different because he is a Nigerian and because he is Foreigner, where is the difference. Is a Nigerian not a foreigner.

Train your youths to be meaningful people instead of agberos and yahoo boys. Useless tribe

Our youth are meaningful people, don't be bitter

Bring out any Nigerian in UK or USA that is as rich as Tope Awotona.

Who pass you don pass you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
White, black, red Indian, or Chinese, We are all just a spirit living in different body colour. We all belong to one human race.

Yes, but culture differs greatly.
Re: I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield by Bfly: 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
A Black uk citizen with long history should complain about something like this.

Have you ever asked why you needed a document to live there in the first place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Otedola Presents $50,000 Cheque To Christian Chukwu, Former Super Eagles Coach / Lebron James' Son, Bronny Suffered A Cardiac Arrest During A Basketball Workout / Nigeria’s Top Five Rated Players Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.