Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k (10580 Views)

A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? / N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by IyaTola: 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
FROM DM

I got two job offers, they both offer the same pay but different benefits location
Offer A- Island Lagos after probation I can go hybrid
200K net with HMO and Mon-fridays and I have till friday THIS WEEK to sign the offer

Offer B I told them 200k net they said they will get back to me and they did yesterday morning but they want me to come to the location somewhere in south south to discuss finally, they will cover my transportation cost + they will make arrangement for my hotel lodging. I told the woman on the other end of the phone that we can do this virtually since the interview was done virtually but he insisted that they need to meet with me in person to conclude

Should i send them a mail (offer B) stating what I want or should I travel down since our roads are not safe and cash scarcity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Hamachi(f): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
Are you holding back from pursuing a new career opportunity because of certain myths? Don't let these misconceptions stop you from achieving your career goals!

It's never too late to change direction and explore new opportunities. Despite what you may have heard, there's no one "right" way to build a successful career. Here are some common myths that may be preventing you from pursuing your passions:

1. "It's too late to change careers"
2. "I need to have a specific degree to pursue a certain career"
3. "I have to follow a linear career path to be successful"
4. "I need to know exactly what I want to do before I start"
5. "I should stick with a job I don't enjoy because it pays well"

Remember, job satisfaction and personal fulfilment are just as important as earning a high salary. Don't let these myths hold you back from pursuing a fulfilling career.

5 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by lavylilly: 10:33pm On Feb 21, 2023
Before I answer
Is he married or single?
How old is he?
I dey come
Modified
If his married, how many kids became 200k would not go anywhere, is the wife working, if yes fair enough

If his single, and between the ages of 19-35yrs stay in Lagos but if above 35yrs take Benin because once you get older you begin to desire peaceful abode unlike Lagos.

The truth is Lagos may not be his destiny, because I have seen friends who have stayed Lagos all their life's and moved out of Lagos, they are all house owner with rental properties. The population of Lagos will continue to grow exponentially.

The reason the want you to come is there is something on your cv the probably want you to defend or there's is something you said during the Interview they had like you to give them a practical example. Most people that do this are foreigners because they have been told that Nigerians write what they can defend on their CV.

In addition, the roads are not safe because a friend's whole family was kidnapped recently,but life in itself is a risk, nothing ventured nothing gained.

8 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by seanwilliam(m): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2023
200k Ibadan
500k Lagos
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Dicklery(m): 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
i support you
spinna:

See frustrated sounding troll talking about negativity.. na you be bouncer or police of the thread or what?. Your whole comment and aura is one of negativity pls don't quote me again unless you have something logical and sensible to say.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by lavylilly: 7:16am On Feb 22, 2023
spinna:

See frustrated sounding troll talking about negativity.. na you be bouncer or police of the thread or what?. Your whole comment and aura is one of negativity pls don't quote me again unless you have something logical and sensible to say.
I am disappointed to say the least that you would have to write what you wrote. The change begins with you.

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by lavylilly: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2023
Dicklery:
i support you
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
Go for B
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by CodedWealth(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2023
Cost of living is why I left Lagos,

I am remotely so I left Lagos to a more less expensive state.

Lagos is overrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by BigBrother9ja: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2023
Depends...

If both comes with accommodation and place of work is not far from home, Lagos is a good option.

On the contrary, PEOPLE NEED TO GO BACK TO THEIR STATES TO DEVELOP IT, ESPECIALLY THOSE SO-CALLED DEVELOPERS.

WE CAN NOT ALL BE CONGESTING LAGOS.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by BrickDevo: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
Outside lagos, even before reading the whole text
The cost of living in lagos is high, rent, feeding, water, clothes and other maintenance expenses......

5 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by sulakishop(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
Stay in Lagos... The devil you know....
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by KellyFORMAT(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
IN LAGOS O, EKO MIAMI. grin
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Skillsnigeria: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2023
Hmmm, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by fitinwell: 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=121098919][/quote]

Abeg i dey find Work too..

Share update...

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Jamie1000: 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
Congratulations.... Lagos gives you a better chance to grow in excellence. 200k is ok, but isn't the goal you know. Stay in Lagos and chase excellence.

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by trevorlinda: 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
200k in Lagos is beta dan 1m in Borno... kidnappers will use u chop breakfast

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Searchingvictor: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
Outside Lagos of course. Why should i choose a place of discomfort when I'll earn same amount in a place i can wake up by 5 and get to work on time

should I attempt to wake up by 5 in Lagos, forget it, I'm late for work already.... Bad way of life

3 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Atheistan: 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2023
Outside lagos.

You should only consider lagos if:
1. If you are a young lad still starting up their career.
2. You are still single
3. You work in a professional job space (banking, consulting..etc)
4. You have accommodation and transport covered.

If all the above are not ticked then please stay outside lagos, with 200k you can save and grow much better than a lagos based someone.

Dont listen to those Ogbomosho boys here saying lagos this Lagos that, they all sleep under bridge. Lagos can make you, yes. It can also mar you.
The economic strength of Lagos is in its population, but also it is its downside.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by lamalang(m): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2023
Same amount, why leave home?
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Pickmycall: 1:35pm On Feb 22, 2023
Which kind job?
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by desmond2255: 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2023
Follow your mind if the Lagos is ok for you den go for it
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by potent5(m): 1:36pm On Feb 22, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=121098919][/quote]
The second job offer is suspect. Take the one in Lagos.
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by EazyEmjay95(m): 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2023
I prefer it to be outside Lagos. The standard of living in Lagos is too high.

2 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2023
"I've my voters card, I know my pollin unit and i'll cast my vote...'
I'll pick a job of 200k outside lagos, not because lagos is bad. But I've grown to understand my environment. 1year + today, I lost my business and for 4 months now have been doing a job of 18k per month, married with 1 daughter and we never for once go to bed without food, how i manage to do this i still don't know. My daughter was awarded scholarship and my wife just gained a teaching job which raised our monthly income to about 40k, house sent is 70k and we are living a contended life. In Abuja... Cut your qoute according to your material, they said.

8 Likes

Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by sofeo(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2023
Alright

Check my Signature
Re: Job Offer In Lagos N200k Or Outside Lagos N200k by woleabayo(f): 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2023
grab the one of lagos and forgone the south south[quote author=IyaTola post=121098919][/quote]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hi There, Please Rate How Helpful Your Bank Is In The Comment Section. / My Job-hunting Strategy Dose / Answering The Interview Question...what Do You Value Most In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.