Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' (52808 Views)

Akeredolu: Murderous Herdsmen Are Desperately Trying To Overrun Our State / Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State / Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by kelly72: 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2023
To them, once you don't support the liar called Tinubu, you have disrespected Lagos and they will begin to threaten you. They just can't tell how Tinubu is different from the State. If Mobolaji Johnson and Lateef Jakande elevated themselves to be above or more important than Lagos, I wonder if Tinubu would have the chance to be lying up and down about how he created the State.

Come Saturday, we will file out in Lagos and vote for Peter Obi. That is our right and if anyone doesn't like that, he should kindly hug a nearby NEPA transformer when there is light.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by 9japride(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2023
stuffs2002:

Emergency Nigerians who are also known as IPOB/OBIDIENTS will only go back to their BIAFLA or death MADNESS after the resounding loss of Peter Obi

[color=#006600][/color]

Guy calm down, all these energy wasted to fight for your preferred candidate does not matter to them. It seems you haven't worked closely with those normal 9ja politicians? Them no send anyone, so leave all these long talk and bitterness. Igbos and all northern tribes are the sweetest and lovely people in the country. They all will vote Peter Obi, please let's leave matter. If the previous leaders where sincere in developing the country, there won't be any agitation.
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ConfidentialDoc: 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2023
Obi....the supreme Court president. Yes he will be president but...
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by NA1RALANDER(f): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2023
Zincfingers:
God bless Dayo.
No truer words have been spoken .

Dayo has spoken the mind of majority of our people. Your irritating and uncivilised ass will no longer ne tolerated going forward.
It's funny a people whose enclave is the least cosmopolitan and inclusive are the first to gaslight by screaming 'tribalism'.

There are more Ibos in the SW than there are Yorubas in the SW . Also, there are more Ibos in the North than there are Hausa/Fulani in the SE.
That should tell any discerning mind how tribalistic and discriminating the Ibos are .

I'm almost 30 years and I personally do not know any Yoruba living in the South East.
I know a lot working in PH and the North .

The relationship between Ibo and Yoruba is that of parasitism . Your land offer us nothing yet you ungrateful leeches still come to our land in the name of one Nigeria to desecrate our land.

How many Yoruba criminals have been arrested in the south east and how many Ibo criminals are arrested in the SW on a daily basis??

All these things must be examined dispassionately. Unfortunately, people like Tinubu who incidentally is Dayo's principal allowed those ungrateful people a space.
Was Tinubu too dumb not to heed the warning of people like Ahmadu Bello the late Sarduana of Sokoto

The good news is everything ends after this election.

PS: This Dayo needs to be followed up. He seems like a courageous dude .
I wish him well for the future

Oponu...
Just shut up... Agbaya...
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Shikena(m): 9:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
limeta:

Lagos is not a no mans land the binis own it
Whether it's Binis or Aworis you can always go to Lagos and find out for yourself, the fact remains that you can't just cross several states into another state and start claiming that the place is 'no man's land'. It's not just about Ibadan, Lagos, Kano or Benin City, nobody can do that in Enugu, Awka, or Nsukka.

We have to understand and accept an issue first before we proceed with a lasting solution. Respect is reciprocal.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by chaloskyx: 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
based on your comments There are more Ibos in the SW than there are Yorubas in the SW that means Tinubu would loose in the SW correct?
Zincfingers:
God bless Dayo.
No truer words have been spoken .

Dayo has spoken the mind of majority of our people. Your irritating and uncivilised ass will no longer ne tolerated going forward.
It's funny a people whose enclave is the least cosmopolitan and inclusive are the first to gaslight by screaming 'tribalism'.

There are more Ibos in the SW than there are Yorubas in the SW . Also, there are more Ibos in the North than there are Hausa/Fulani in the SE.
That should tell any discerning mind how tribalistic and discriminating the Ibos are .

I'm almost 30 years and I personally do not know any Yoruba living in the South East.
I know a lot working in PH and the North .

The relationship between Ibo and Yoruba is that of parasitism . Your land offer us nothing yet you ungrateful leeches still come to our land in the name of one Nigeria to desecrate our land.

How many Yoruba criminals have been arrested in the south east and how many Ibo criminals are arrested in the SW on a daily basis??

All these things must be examined dispassionately. Unfortunately, people like Tinubu who incidentally is Dayo's principal allowed those ungrateful people a space.
Was Tinubu too dumb not to heed the warning of people like Ahmadu Bello the late Sarduana of Sokoto

The good news is everything ends after this election.

PS: This Dayo needs to be followed up. He seems like a courageous dude .
I wish him well for the future

1 Like

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Gozac: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Peter Obi sacked Non Anambra Indegene from Anambra State Civil Service , retrenching workers from Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

When asked to speak on the policy, he stated it clearly that Federal Allocations were low and Anambra State money was solely for Anambra State indegenes

Ironically the same man that said Anambra State allocation were low, deposited over 75 billion naira in Access/Diamond Fidelity bank making 20% intrest for the banks he had share

Jagaban
Right now go to Alausa Secetariat, Igbo men and women who got recruited under Bola Ahmed Tinubu are now Senior Level Officers, Directors and Permanent Secretary.... Not a single Yoruba man works with Anambra Civil Service

Atiku is coming
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by YungMillionaire: 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2023
SpatialKing:

Stop disgracing your tribe
Yorubas in Benin did not travel there
Ondo and Ogun still economic poor with all the oceans.. How has the states benefited from the oceans?

Name just one ipig state with ocean front. I dare you.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Zincfingers: 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2023
chaloskyx:
based on your comments There are more Ibos in the SW than there are Yorubas in the SW that means Tinubu would loose in the SW correct?
This one no even get sense
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2023
Nbote:
The audacity some of this ediots have is becoming embarrassing and annoying. Is lagos his hometown? Was lagos not a former Federal Capital?? The people that came to Lagos are they not paying their taxes and the various revenues by the govt? Are they staying in free accommodation and eating free govt money and positions??

Even the Gbagyi's wey b original indigenes of Abuja have been relegated to tenants in their own land that's why those who don't know like you believe hausas or abokis own abuja

That is a lie about the gbagyi people, they have fought for and demanded their right as original indigene of Abuja and they are even favoured in government job appointments because of this, they even have a body fighting for their cause as original indigene of Abuja. Stop saying what you don't know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
chatinent:
Agberocracy is not a type of government.

Every tribe lives everywhere but because of politics, you've become an idiot to tribalism.

Even if politics has caused many people to have their vision impaired and mindset politically disorganized, I'm willing to help you out for free. If you consider the Awori or Bini to be the indigenous community that once owned Eko, the land that is now Lagos State, or that they met the Yoruba people there when they came, then you should refer to them as Bini/Awori or both since they were the first settlers. It is of the utmost importance that we comprehend the past within its appropriate setting.

On the other hand, one may posit that the Yorubas are the rightful owners of Eko. No arguments. But why does it matter to politicians?

The government of Nigeria made the decision in December 1991 to relocate the nation's capital to Abuja, which is located in the middle of the country. Prior to that time, Lagos served as the nation's capital. Lagos was already established as the capital of Nigeria. What is more, it was referred to as Lagos, British Nigeria. Let's not pretend it wasn't very developed. It was even during colonial era because it was a good spot for colonial masters to perfect their exploitation.

And would you believe it? Many decades before Tinubu began his political career, members of the Igbo tribe and people from other tribes had already established a presence in Lagos. Even before and after the war!

Does this mean people from other tribes don't stay in the East?

Well, the last time I checked, there are significantly more Hausa and Yoruba people in Aba, for example, than there are the Igbo. If you doubt, visit the main markets in the East. In point of fact, there is a location there referred to as "Mosque" that is set aside specifically for them. There's another place called "Ala Hausa." And there is no interference with them as they go about their job. And not just these places, they live amongst indigenes. Do a survey: the Hausas in the East are allowed to go even to the deepest part in the villages... I mean, the cobblers. And they are never disturbed. In addition to this, they have been able to form friendships and even intermarry with the locals. If you also know the thousands of way-billed commodities leaving the east every day from people from other tribes who patronise what is sold in the East, you'll calm down like me. And I also know this happens also in every state!

You must be surprised!

In the markets too, there are innumerable Yorubas in big Igbo markets like the Ariaria, Ngwa Road Market, Main Markets among others. As they are Igbos in Yoruba lands and every other places in Nigeria. These Yorubas blend in easily and are never seen as immigrants.

In my house, there's a Yoruba man and a Hausa man here, and they are one of the lovely people I've seen. Remove tribal politics and you'll understand that the main people who should be hated are the politicians. Whether you call anyone Nyamiri, or Ndi Ofe Mmanu, or Aboki(mostly in derogatory sense) it is very stupid to think you are superior to others. No apologies.

In Togo, for instance, the Igbo population predominates in the country's two largest markets, Asiyeye and Asiganmi. This is one example of the Igbo migration. The situation is similar in Wurukum, which is located in Benue.

In Biu in Borno State, before the insurgency, their market woman liaise well with the Igbos and good women from other tribes.

In Alaba International Market, Lagos, it's the same thing. Is bringing business and revenues for the state a bad thing? Rather than concentrate on the business mind, you caption it that they come in “night buses“ and then “insult the owners.“ Why all these political hate for a tribe? What does night buses denote? Poverty? Even you and I know that the Igbo tribe isn't a poor one.

How and why?

I grew up with the Hausas and if I were to choose a more peaceful people, I'll choose them. I also stayed in Lagos and a typical Yoruba man really has no problems. Forget political business, the yorubas give you a free vibe and belonging. I did my whole nursery, primary and secondary school there so I can tell you for free that they are lovely people. I stayed in the East too. I think the major thing an Igbo man concentrates on is to feed his family. As in, everyone is concentrating to survive and survive others. Even as a stranger, you are carried along on happenings in the East. 😎 In Esan, Edo, it's just a struggle to not be poor. 💯 In Benue, the market at NASME junction, North Bank, is dominated by Igbos, yorubas and Hausas and they cooperate in one mind. If one doesn't have, he directs you to his neighbours from other tribes... that's beautiful. Apart from the Tiv and Idoma differences, they still live peacefully. Even in cultism-dominated areas in North Bank, you can still survive as much as you mind your business. 😮‍💨 In Kaduna, everyone lives their lives without prejudice. Na only government I see wey dey cause tribal and religious differences.😒 In Kogi, the lovely people I so admire, esp the Ebira people, like who get your time when everyone wants to survive? 🥱 How about the Akwa Ibomites? They are very comely to strangers, and they have very beautiful ladies.🙂 In Bayelsa, dem go wan use food kee you. I mean very fresh food. I love the Bayelsa people jare. 😘 I've stayed only in Abeokuta and Ibadan and I can tell you that intelligent people lives and are made there. Apart from that, young people are quick to make friends with you. No 🧢.

Then how come politicians make it as though we are enemies?

Do we genuinely despise one another? A laughable falsehood. In fact, I tell you today that we love one another but because of the political pride created by our leaders, we refuse to accept it. I can't let any politician recruit me to hate a tribe...I rather hate the recruiter.

There are Nigerians living in every country in the world! And in certain locations, they can point to communities to their name. Migration is ingrained in the human psyche and behavior!

In the UK, yeah, everyone knows about the racism there. We complain a lot about it. But the new normal in Africa is that we are also horrible racists. In our tribes, I mean our main tribes, we also exclude some clans as inferior or outcasts...maybe due to our numbers. Even if Nigeria is divided, you'll notice that each tribe will still create internal tribalism amongst themselves. That's how bad your leaders are.

Back to discussion, of all the tribes littered everywhere, why are the Igbos the only people you feel are immigrants to Lagos? Isn't it constituted that everyone can live anywhere? Are the Igbos the only tribe in Lagos?

You aren't politically learned then!

Is it because there's an Igbo man in the political race? Is this why the Igbo tribe are always in your mouths? Is Tinubu from Lagos himself? Tinubu is from Iragbiji in Osun state...and instead of hating people stealing from you, you hate people they program you to hate.

I've always maintained that whatever anybody does, blame the person not the place.

Politically-wise and otherwise, if you cannot reason out the bloodline of political sentiments by politicians using you as a pawn, you will remain a pawn to every political narrative.

Back to Lagos, like I always say, if the money that has been stolen in Lagos was stolen in America. Americans would be refugees in Nigeria. And this isn't just about Lagos, it's about our politicians. If the monies that have been stolen in all states in Nigeria were shared to all Nigerians equally, everyone would be a trillionaire...I mean, even if you have to reincarnate five times.

From what I see on Nairaland, ditch the presidential aspirants, na most Nigerians foolish abeg. The muscle una dey use dey fight unaselves is a thing of fancy. You dey support who know even know if you are among the living or dead and want to kill over it. You are a fool. Yes, you.

The three main contestants are all failures yet some are killing themselves over them. Some are dead already and more will still die. Same politicians who'd still meet and eat together after the elections. They call it politics and not physical war; but na your skull dey roll.

We preach loving one's neighbour on every religious day but never practice it. It seems our Bibles and Qurans are only for Sunday mornings and Fridays...while our evil remains intact. No apologies.

It's very right for me to conclude and say common sense is not very common in the common man.

Idiocy per excellence.

Instead of you to call your people to order you are telling irrelevant stories. I'm sure the Yorubas and hausas living in the east don't insult the Igbos while claiming Onitsha is a no man's land, they don't curse them out and wrestle with them for political prowess, and I'm sure they don't kidnap and scam the Igbos in the east. Your people exudes hatred for everyone and everything non Igbos and I'm sure the deepest ambition and desires of igbo is to take over Lagos and become the Oba, governor, senators, honorables, councillors etc and turn Yorubas to slaves, you people dream of it daily claiming falsely that you have bought all the land in Lagos. Yorubas are truly accommodating but there is an inborn confidence and nobility in us that will not allow us to be igbo underdog and the day Igbos decide to step beyond a boundary, then they will see the fury of the omoluabis.

3 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by chatinent: 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
vannessa7:

Instead of you to call your people to order you are telling irrelevant stories. I'm sure the Yorubas and hausas living in the east don't insult the Igbos while claiming Onitsha is a no man's land, they don't curse them out and wrestle with them for political prowess, and I'm sure they don't kidnap and scam the Igbos in the east. Your people exudes hatred for everyone and everything non Igbos and I'm sure the deepest ambition and desires of igbo is to take over Lagos and become the Oba, governor, senators, honorables, councillors etc and turn Yorubas to slaves, you people dream of it daily claiming falsely that you have bought all the land in Lagos. Yorubas are truly accommodating but there is an inborn confidence and nobility in us that will not allow us to be igbo underdog and the day Igbos decide to step beyond a boundary, then they will see the fury of the omoluabis.

Speak beyond tribalism. There are stupid and rude people in all tribes. You have no right to generalise. I made it clear that all tribes live everywhere. You are free to argue with yourself.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2023
Angelfrost:
"Our State"?!! Lol! grin

Everyone is conveniently a Lagosian... Even those from Ekiti, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Kwara, etc!

All of una wan die put for Eko! tongue

Lagos belongs to the south west just as Kano belongs to the north and port Harcourt belongs to South south, all indegens of the north feel entitled to Kano and flock there for greener pastures likewise south south tribes throng to PH knowing fully it's theirs. when will Igbos develop their own mega city they will be proud of, I don't hear you telling hausas that Kano is no man's land or PH for that matter. The cordial relationship you enjoy in Lagos with Yoruba is not enough you think we are mumu that you can oppress because we don't carry knives like the hausas, I advice Igbos to be cautious because your hatred for Yoruba is becoming an open secret beyond the internet and when the poo hit the fan, it won't be funny.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by chaloskyx: 11:17pm On Feb 22, 2023
Na you papa no get sense to raise you in the right way
Zincfingers:

This one no even get sense
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Angelfrost(m): 11:22pm On Feb 22, 2023
vannessa7:

Lagos belongs to the south west just as Kano belongs to the north and port Harcourt belongs to South south, all indegens of the north feel entitled to Kano and flock there for greener pastures likewise south south tribes throng to PH knowing fully it's theirs. when will Igbos develop their own mega city they will be proud of, I don't hear you telling hausas that Kano is no man's land or PH for that matter. The cordial relationship you enjoy in Lagos with Yoruba is not enough you think we are mumu that you can oppress because we don't carry knives like the hausas, I advice Igbos to be cautious because your hatred for Yoruba is becoming an open secret beyond the internet and when the poo hit the fan, it won't be funny.

Emotional rants mean nothing...!

Study your nation's constitution before making empty noise online!

Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria! Period! grin

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Zincfingers: 11:24pm On Feb 22, 2023
chaloskyx:
Na you papa no get sense to raise you in the right way
May God punish your parents for giving birth to a brainless pig like you
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Tobianojoel(m): 11:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
Igbo people are too lousy yet they lack action. Na mouth dem get.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by tonididdy(m): 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2023
Lol envy and stupidity
This is Nigeria!
… you wey dey complain, you must be lazy!
Because Lagos has no oil or resources I know of, in Lagos the smartest person is the richest person.

So if you that is claiming our land is not rich then you are an idiot, period!
Same applies to all nairalanders claiming Lagos !

Complete idiots if you cannot make it in that same Lagos and a non indigene does, you are a complete bomfoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Omodua(m): 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2023
ganisucks:
APC Youth Leader Dayo Israel:

https://twitter.com/dayoisrael/status/1627668139730141185?cxt=HHwWgoCwjZTj0ZYtAAAA

This is what the APC youth leader, Dayo Israel, said at a public youth debate.
Such ethnically musings can't help the course of Tinubu.

How do you classify people of non Yoruba extraction as illegal immigrants. Was Lagos built or developed by only Yoruba's.

The youth leader Daniel Israel is misguided and lacks decorum. He needs some lectures on Nigeria and Lagos development.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 11:47pm On Feb 22, 2023
chudez0147:
You dey mind the mugu ?? Lagos wey him fit be tenant . Maybe his even from Osun

Being from osun gives him entitlement to Lagos state just like a Katsina man feel entitled to Kano and a niger delta man has a feeling of belonging to PH. During the last civil war you don't see an osun man running back from Lagos because he is still in his geopolitical zone, it's the non Yorubas that had to reconsider staying in Lagos and if another civil war is ignited by igbo hatred the same scenario will still play out, you will realize Lagos does not belong to Igbos and never will.

3 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by limeta(f): 11:48pm On Feb 22, 2023
Shikena:

Whether it's Binis or Aworis you can always go to Lagos and find out for yourself, the fact remains that you can't just cross several states into another state and start claiming that the place is 'no man's land'. It's not just about Ibadan, Lagos, Kano or Benin City, nobody can do that in Enugu, Awka, or Nsukka.

We have to understand and accept an issue first before we proceed with a lasting solution. Respect is reciprocal.

What you on about
I nevet said lagos was a no mans land
Why the panic
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 11:57pm On Feb 22, 2023
Angelfrost:

Emotional rants mean nothing...!

Study your nation's constitution before making empty noise online!

Lagos is the commercial capital of Nigeria! Period! grin

There is nothing like commercial capital in the constitution, and you will still end up losing in the long run because all your hard work and investment in another man's territory while insulting them will mean nothing when they send you packing sooner or later either through your Biafra realization or Yorubas getting fed up of your shenanigans. Internet is spreading awareness about your hatred for everyone and people are realizing that Igbos are not really anyone's friend. Wait for it.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by sacajawea: 12:01am On Feb 23, 2023
pocohantas:
I don’t understand the whole SW’s obsession with Lagos though. I have only met 3 people from Lagos in my life, but you would think every SW person is a Lagosian when people like this make comments.
Ok.
But, who's Sugarbaby are you?
Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:11am On Feb 23, 2023
vannessa7:

Your ramblings here betray an insecure person and not anyone with "confidence and nobility". Will never cease to be amazed by how primitive our politics is. In the 21st century, where advanced civilizations are solving humanities problems in tech and medicine and biotechnology and space exploration etc, you're here arguing about who "owns Lagos", one of the most unlivable megaslums on the planet, as if your tribe owning it adds anything of value to your life. If many of you were not ravaged with low self-esteem, you wouldn't desperately need constant validation about how you "own" a state that happened to be the Nigerian capital for 76 years.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Angelfrost(m): 12:15am On Feb 23, 2023
vannessa7:

There is nothing like commercial capital in the constitution, and you will still end up losing in the long run because all your hard work and investment in another man's territory while insulting them will mean nothing when they send you packing sooner or later either through your Biafra realization or Yorubas getting fed up of your shenanigans. Internet is spreading awareness about your hatred for everyone and people are realizing that Igbos are not really anyone's friend. Wait for it.

You don't even know what tribe I am... You just assume I'm Igbo all because I criticized dumb idiots forming landlords of a commercial capital of a nation!

Keep up the rant since it makes your life less frustrated.

Go and drive your enemies away from your "land"! No need chest beating online... Enter street and drive them away!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 12:34am On Feb 23, 2023
Obi1kenobi:

Your ramblings here betray an insecure person and not anyone with "confidence and nobility". Will never cease to be amazed by how primitive our politics is. In the 21st century, where advanced civilizations are solving humanities problems in tech and medicine and biotechnology and space exploration etc, you're here arguing about who "owns Lagos", one of the most unlivable megaslums on the planet, as if your tribe owning it adds anything of value to your life. If many of you were not ravaged with low self-esteem, you wouldn't desperately need constant validation about how you "own" a state that happened to be the Nigerian capital for 76 years.

Low self esteem is the stock in trade of your tribe which makes you loquacious and obnoxious and everyone knows this, your tribe claiming they own Lagos and Lagos is a no man's land among many other lies they are known for does not give you concern about advancing civilisation and how behind they are to be only concerned about the "megaslum", your write up only further reinforce the image of a typical igbo, uncourt, tactless and iill mannered. Bring it on.

3 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 12:47am On Feb 23, 2023
chatinent:

Speak beyond tribalism. There are stupid and rude people in all tribes. You have no right to generalise. I made it clear that all tribes live everywhere. You are free to argue with yourself.

Igbos are the only rude tribe I know especially to non Igbos, you bully and chest beat over another person's rights, that's my point, a non igbo cannot go to alaigbo and tell them Enugu is a no man's land or Yorubas in Onitsha claim they own Onitsha, I'm sure you will not even give them opportunities in government like you enjoy in Lagos among other things, they gave you one kilometer and you decided to take one hundred, keep beating that drum.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by vannessa7(f): 12:49am On Feb 23, 2023
Angelfrost:

You don't even know what tribe I am... You just assume I'm Igbo all because I criticized dumb idiots forming landlords of a commercial capital of a nation!

Keep up the rant since it makes your life less frustrated.

Go and drive your enemies away from your "land"! No need chest beating online... Enter street and drive them away!!! grin

You are igbo, the insult grandmaster, it will happen sooner or later, it's inevitable.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:55am On Feb 23, 2023
vannessa7:

Low self esteem is the stock in trade of your tribe which makes you loquacious and obnoxious and everyone knows this, your tribe claiming they own Lagos and Lagos is a no man's land among many other lies they are known for does not give you concern about advancing civilisation and how behind they are to be only concerned about the "megaslum", your write up only further reinforce the image of a typical igbo, uncourt, tactless and iill mannered. Bring it on.

I've never heard an Igbo man in my life claim that we "own" Lagos. At best, they may claim Lagos is "no man's land". But making out that claiming ownership of Lagos is a common boast among Igbos is fiction you invented in your addled mind. You and your low self-esteem cohorts are the ones here all the time foaming in the mouth about how you own Lagos: often an attempt to lord it over us or delegitimize any critique about how the state is run. Like the mooron this thread is about, Dayo Israel, who thinks that people who live and pay taxes and live up to their civic responsibilities as residents of the state have no right to critique/criticize how Tinubu's fiefdom is run because it is "insulting" to the low self-esteem people who believe they "own" Lagos.

I'm "uncourt" (whatever this means), tactless and ill-mannered for returning the same energy you've been dishing out with your primitive, tribalistic mindset? Hilarious. I should "bring it on" - because you think I'm a keyboard warrior that lives to exchange primitive tribalistic insults with low self esteem people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by VERDA: 1:07am On Feb 23, 2023
lailo:

They are not tribalists. People who are tribalists don't allow other people in their own space. There are more Igbo people in SW than Yoruba people in the SE. There are more also Igbo people in the north than Hausa people in the SE. These are not concidences, it tells you which tribe is more tribalistic. There are many Igbo people in the state civil services, government parastatals, teaching commissions, Higher institutions in the SW states but u can hardly or never even find one Yoruba or hausa in Igbo land in such opportunity. And u are the ones calling these people tribalistic? Who is now tribalistic?

That there are more igbo's in other places than those indigens are in the southeast tells you just one thing, that the igbo's are very business oriented compared to other tribes, 70% of the igbo's you see in other places are there for business....we need to stop this tribalistic narrative.

Why are the Gbagyi people who own abj not also making so much noise about people leaving their lands, or are there no igbo's there too??

Any small thing its leave lagos, as if they are being fed by anybody, are they not doing legitimate businesses there??, All these tribal games from both yoruba and igbo's will not help anybody....

Have you heard that yoruba's in the southeast were asked to leave or their businesses being threatened? Any small thing...you guys are immigrants in lagos and most of the people saying this are not even from lagos. Nobody is an immigrant anywhere in Nigeria, make person rest abeg.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Truf: 1:24am On Feb 23, 2023
vannessa7:

Nah, read your post again. It reeks of low self esteem and insecurity. Nobody is claiming Lagos, forget all that long grammar and try not to be dense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State / Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.