Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis (2702 Views)

“Why Does Obi Always Feel Need To Dispel Rumors Against Him"—APC Fumes / Does Obi Stand A Chance At The Courts / How Atiku, Tinubu And Obi Stand Nationwide If Elections Where To Hold Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by meum: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2023
Biased analysis is all I see.
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by buchilla: 6:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Aboki99:
Peter Obi's supporters are cock-a-hoop about what they see as the highest chance of their hero winning Nigeria's presidency next Saturday.

Are their optimism and excitement factually/statistically justified?

Let's do the arithmetic.

PO's strongholds are the SE and the SS, two zones with the least number of votes!. Granted that PO can scavenge some votes in the SW, but it's crystal clear that Tinubu will carry the day in SW eventually.

In the north, the Obidients rely on pockets of votes from northern xtians. But are these enough? Not at all. Since 1999, the northern xtians have never voted along the same line as the Muslim core North. For example they have never voted for Buhari. Yet, in 2014 and 2019 Buhari was able to win signifying the political insignificance of this voting bloc to a candidate that can garner votes in the core north and other parts (Tinubu?). Similarly, PMB was able to win elections without the votes of the SE and SS in both 2014 and 2019, which also trivializes the importance of these two Obi's main strongholds in determining the ultimate presidential winner.

So, for Obi to win the presidential election, he would, as a matter of necessity, need votes from Muslim voters in the north. But does he look set to get it? The truthful but bitter answer for Obidients to accept is No with a capital N. Problem is, the Obidients want to market Obi in the day as a pan-Nigerian candidate but brandish the news of Obi's endorsement by popular pastors/Churches whose altars Obi has turned to campaign platforms. This, rightly so, confuses the average northern Muslim voter and makes them pause to ask some legitimate questions[ Imagine Buhari going to the mosques to campaigns in 2014 or even 2019, what with the reaction be like from voters in say the SE?)

Not even the votes in Plateau and Benue, two states Obidients have also placed high, convoluted hope on can do anything to offset the bloc northern muslim votes. Here, the Obidients will conveniently bring up the issue of Kwankwaso who, as they argue passionately, will magically divide these votes for them to conquer and win the race. In making this highfalutin assumptions, the Obidients forget two crucial facts: 1) the muslim northern voters are never known, throughout Nigeria's political history, to cultivate the habit of wasting their votes. The average northern voter might not have gone to school but they're the most sophisticated; 2) Despite pulling some intimidating crowds in a couple of states esp in the nroth, the truth is Kano is Kwankwaso's main sphere of influence. Even there, I can't bet a penny that he'll win a simple majority for reasons adumbrated above.

Now, my only concern is what the reaction of the Obidients will be when the bubble of their alternative reality finally bursts. I hope they'll peacefully pick up the pieces, lick their wounds, move on and say "better luck next time".

Personally, I do not see any credible candidate worthy of my votes among the current pack of wolfs, but I know for sure that this 2023 election is a contest between Tinubu and Atiku. Yet, while I know this for a fact, I also have to admit that the outcome of this contest is highly unpredictable. Tinubu has 22 APC governors behind his back, huge war chest, media control and so on. Atiku has the support of some powerful members of PMB's kitchen cabinet, considerable war chest, and some current public angst to latch onto.

If you press me hard to rate the chances of the major contenders, I'll come up with something like these:
1. Tinubu 35%
2. Atiku 34
3. Obi 20%
4. Kwankwaso 9%

May God choose the best candidate for us.

1 Like

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Wonderful619: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
SS=Obi

SE=Obi

North Central= obi

SW= tinubu/ obi

Lagos split votes between obi and tinubu if you think tinubu is going to get it easy in Lagos then you are a joker). That day you will know that Lagos is no man's
Land

North East = Atiku/kwankwaso runs the show

North West Atiku/ kwankwaso

I don't understand how tinubu or Atiku is going to win when Obi has three regions to himself alone.
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by buchilla: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
Aboki99:
Peter Obi's supporters are cock-a-hoop about what they see as the highest chance of their hero winning Nigeria's presidency next Saturday.

Let's do the arithmetic.

PO's strongholds are the SE and the SS, two zones with the least number of votes!. Granted that PO can scavenge some votes in the SW, but it's crystal clear that Tinubu will carry the day in SW eventually.

In the north, the Obidients rely on pockets of votes from northern xtians. But are these enough? Not at all. Since 1999, the northern xtians have never voted along the same line as the Muslim core North. For example they have never voted for Buhari. Yet, in 2014 and 2019 Buhari was able to win signifying the political insignificance of this voting bloc to a candidate that can garner votes in the core north and other parts (Tinubu?). Similarly, PMB was able to win elections without the votes of the SE and SS in both 2014 and 2019, which also trivializes the importance of these two Obi's main strongholds in determining the ultimate presidential winner.

So, for Obi to win the presidential election, he would, as a matter of necessity, need votes from Muslim voters in the north. But does he look set to get it? The truthful but bitter answer for Obidients to accept is No with a capital N. Problem is, the Obidients want to market Obi in the day as a pan-Nigerian candidate but brandish the news of Obi's endorsement by popular pastors/Churches whose altars Obi has turned to campaign platforms. This, rightly so, confuses the average northern Muslim voter and makes them pause to ask some legitimate questions[ Imagine Buhari going to the mosques to campaigns in 2014 or even 2019, what with the reaction be like from voters in say the SE?)

Not even the votes in Plateau and Benue, two states Obidients have also placed high, convoluted hope on can do anything to offset the bloc northern muslim votes. Here, the Obidients will conveniently bring up the issue of Kwankwaso who, as they argue passionately, will magically divide these votes for them to conquer and win the race. In making this highfalutin assumptions, the Obidients forget two crucial facts: 1) the muslim northern voters are never known, throughout Nigeria's political history, to cultivate the habit of wasting their votes. The average northern voter might not have gone to school but they're the most sophisticated; 2) Despite pulling some intimidating crowds in a couple of states esp in the nroth, the truth is Kano is Kwankwaso's main sphere of influence. Even there, I can't bet a penny that he'll win a simple majority for reasons adumbrated above.

Now, my only concern is what the reaction of the Obidients will be when the bubble of their alternative reality finally bursts. I hope they'll peacefully pick up the pieces, lick their wounds, move on and say "better luck next time".

Personally, I do not see any credible candidate worthy of my votes among the current pack of wolfs, but I know for sure that this 2023 election is a contest between Tinubu and Atiku. Yet, while I know this for a fact, I also have to admit that the outcome of this contest is highly unpredictable. Tinubu has 22 APC governors behind his back, huge war chest, media control and so on. Atiku has the support of some powerful members of PMB's kitchen cabinet, considerable war chest, and some current public angst to latch onto.

If you press me hard to rate the chances of the major contenders, I'll come up with something like these:
1. Tinubu 35%
2. Atiku 34
3. Obi 20%
4. Kwankwaso 9%

I don't know why u people are still thinking that 2023 will be like the previous presidential election. PETER OBI is the only candidate who stands better chance of getting massive votes from two geopolitical Zones: South East and SouthSouth unlike the other Candidates. Obi will also do well in the North Central and southwest. Nobody is gonna inherit Buhari's 12m Votes in the North this time. It will be shared between APC ,PDP,NNPP and it's very clear that LP will certainly get Christians votes in the core north. Abuja,Benue,plateau, Taraba, Kaduna, Nasarawa,Kogi, Adamawa are the major states in the North Peter Obi will do well. Moreso, the BVAS will do God's work for Peter Obi. The era of writing results in the core North to favor a particular Candidate has gone and the rate of vote buying will reduce. The truth remains that it's very difficult to predict the winner. It's gonna be a tight one. All I want is free, fair and credible Election.
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by nameo: 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2023
Shikini:

Shebi, the Muslim-Northern votes you talked about will be split among three Muslims candidates? It will only make a difference if the Northern Muslims give a block vote but as long as the votes are split ... Obi is fine

Obi cannot struggle Muslims votes with the Muslims candidates because we all know that unlike the South, religion is a big factor up North

Summary of what i wanted to say esp the 1st paragraph
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by 00FFT00(m): 6:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
ClearFlair:
I don't know where you got this from. Peter Obi is the clear favourite right now. He has the momentum to win.

You must understand that there is a massive psychology war ongoing at the moment. Tinubu paid hacks are under instruction to demoralize the electorate into thinking that the front runner has no spread to win.

This is not true. Peter Obi will be declared the winner of this election before 9 am on Sunday morning. All NL urchins need to make peace with this inevitable outcome to avoid a visit to the emergency room.
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by highchief1: 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
ClearFlair:
I don't know where you got this from. Peter Obi is the clear favourite right now. He has the momentum to win.
drop ur facts and statistics momentum co memorandum ni
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by highchief1: 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Workch:
Can you bet that Obi will not win?
If you can, meet me anywhere public
no meet am o.OBIDIENTs Dey carry gun waka o.One almost killed me last month.
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Mraphel: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
ClearFlair:
To win SE and two states in SS alone

Is only Igbos hyping him.

1 Like

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by seanwilliam(m): 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
By Sunday , we go know What’s up
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Aboki99(m): 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2023
Urchinpainer:

Another mentally unstable Urchin spotted.

God bless you. Please may I know the reasons why you described me as "mentally unstable "?

Plus, what is it that I said that got you this angry? My opinion?

1 Like

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by descartes400: 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
I will comment my comment on Sunday!

I will be salivating over some people's tears next week grin
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by David160(m): 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
Aboki99:

Let's do the arithmetic.

1. Tinubu 35%
2. Atiku 34
3. Obi 20%
4. Kwankwaso 9%

Stears a reputable data firm already did their own analysis and put obi ahead.. This one you're saying is trash
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by timefarm(m): 8:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

😂😂😂😂

You are a clown
Thrybare all clowns.
Self deluding clowns.
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by candygist: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2023
ClearFlair:

You think this is BIB BROTHER EVICTION SHOW ?
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Hopium: 8:43am On Apr 22, 2023
Aboki99 saw the future.

In hindsight, this analysis was the best and most accurate heading into the general election.

5 Likes

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 22, 2023
Hopium:
Aboki99 saw the future.

In hindsight, this analysis was the best and most accurate heading into the general election.
Yes he really did a good job. I just came across the analysis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by MrBiGGEST(m): 9:49am On Apr 22, 2023
Hopium:
Aboki99 saw the future.

I like how this thread exposes the mentality of most obidient-

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Hopium: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2023
ClearFlair:

gravity kill Yes Daddy there cheesy

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Hopium: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
Faber:

Go and sit down. Amala and ewedu analysis... You sabi something pass ANAP, and foreign political analysts telling you Obi will win. You sabi something pass OBJ, IBB, T. Y Danjuma, etc. You are quoting 2014 and 2019 elections, was there any general elections in this country in 2014? You see say Na craze dey worry you...

this one said ANAP cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Hopium: 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2023
wegevv:

The polls say he has the best chance. We are just scared of believing he does because we know how Nigeria is.

That's why everyone talks about structures which is just code word for vote-buying, vote-suppression and vote-rigging. But the will of the people will overcome all that <3

how far?

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Hopium: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

TINUBU will never be President of Nigeria

E shock am! grin

Amoda Ogunlere don become the president of this one for the next 8 years.

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Hopium: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
Jashub:
This one is just delusional. Buhari won the hearts and minds of people in 2015 because he was seen as a disciplinarian who would stick to certain moral values.

This alone was one of the main reasons Christians and Muslims in northern Nigeria voted for him . But as it stands , Obi's chances of winning the northern states keeps increasing , especially those in the middle belt that have awaken to the reality that the APC isn't meant for them . And with the new Naira redesign policy , chances of APC using vote-buying will be less than 30%.

For those of you thinking that Tinubu will win the north, that's a dream too good to be true, because just the way people in SW are voting for Tinubu because he's from their region is the same way Atiku and Kwankwaso people will vote . In fact, they won't bypass their brother from the core north to vote for a southern Muslim. So what am I trying to say :

if Obi can get the middle belt , its game over because the northern votes will be divided between Kwankwaso and Atiku . Period

This one just disgrace his entire generation on Seun Osewa's internet cheesy

Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by ba7man(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2023
grin grin grin

I swear, Obidients dem be mumu.
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by Aboki99(m): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2023

😂😂😂😂

You are a clown

How market bro?
Re: Does Obi Stand A Chance? A Simple Unbiased Analysis by asaajuomo1(m): 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will Be The Impact Of CBN Free-floating Naira Policy To The Economy? / Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges / Jonathan’s Wife Wades Into Enugu Pdp Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.