Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku (15168 Views)

I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi Insists / 2023 Elections: I’m Unhappy Some Candidates Lost – Buhari / 2023 Elections: I’m In Race To End Nigerians’ Suffering, Says Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by leethebee: 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
THE presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Atiku Abubakar said, on Tuesday, that he and his running mate, Ifeanyi Okowa, were not contesting for the highest office in the land out of hunger for power.

According to him, they are in the presidential race to unite the people, tackle insecurity and revamp the country’s economy with a view to improving a lot of masses this time around.

He spoke in Abuja on Tuesday when the Council of National Students Presidents of Nigeria (CNSPN) endorsed him ahead of this Saturday’s presidential election.

CNSPN is a body made up of the National Association of University Students (NAUS), the PostGraduate Students Association of Nigeria (PSAN), the National Association of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) and the National Association of Colleges of Agriculture Students (NACAS).

Represented by the former speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, the PDP presidential standard bearer, said: “They (Atiku/Okowa) asked me to come and appreciate you for the faith in them and to remind you that they are not running because they are hungry for political offices.

“They are running because they believe they have been tried and tested and proven that what is delivered in their hands does not shake and the destiny of this country will become steadied and stabilised.

They are more determined, seeing that Nigeria has been left behind on starting blocks of the race, they will ensure that they deliver the promise of this great country.”

Speaking in his personal capacity, Dogara hailed President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration’s policy on the Naira redesign.

According to him, the Naira redesign will checkmate vote buying and enhance credible elections and asked Nigerians to endure the temporal pains as the gains would be great.

“Whatever pains we are passing through in relation to the Naira redesign policy, some of us may not have the cash but I urge you that consider this pain as part of the sacrifice that will give us a transparent election in which we will elect a leader that we deserve,” he said.

Also speaking, the Senator representing the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Philip Aduda said: “Our incoming President Atiku is an educationist, somebody who has a university, his university has never been on strike, he is somebody who is tested and trusted.”

Earlier, the Chairman of CNSPN, Obaji Uchenna Marshal after their examination, the working document of the PDP is the only document that goes beyond making political promises to actually providing blueprint on how to have those promises achieved.

He said: “It is pertinent to note that, more than ever before, students are paying genuine attention to the processes of electing leaders that will see over the affairs of governance of this country for the next four(4) years, hence our unwavering commitment to be part of the process by exercising our constitutional franchise.

“On this note of the foregoing and sequel to the above, the CNSPN has taken her time to follow all the Frontline Candidates closely, gone through their Policy working documents(Manifestos) and after keen scrutiny, the CNSPN have come to the conclusion that the manifesto of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) which carries the Atiku/Okowa tickets is the most reliable, realizable.

“The are only ones that provide answers to Nigeria’s quests and above all, the most educationally friendly, the working document of the PDP is the only document that goes beyond making political promises to actually providing blue print on how to have these promises achieved.

“These promises have drawn our interest and its anchored on the following:To restore Nigeria’s unity and social justice and to also build consensus amongst Nigerians irrespective of Tribe and Religion.

To establish a strong and effective democratic system that will guarantee the security of the lives and properties of all Nigerians.

“To build a strong, resilient and prosperous economy, that will create jobs and generate wealth that will lift the people out of poverty. To promote a true federal system that will provide for a strong federal government that will guarantee national unity and devoid of Power at the Central.

“To improve and strengthen the Nigerian educational system so as to equip Nigerian graduates with requisite competency to compete with their contemporary within global space, this new order is driven by innovations, science and technology. To Restructure Nigeria and bring Governance close to the grassroots and to enable Regions and State Controls their Resources

“Based on this premise and on our conviction, that it will work best for Nigerian, CNSPN, after our National Executives Council Meeting has resolved, adopted and worked Vigorously for the success of the Atiku/Okowa ticket comes February 25th Presidential Election, we have passed circular urging all students under our umbrella to come out, vote and also work to ensure victory. We are fully behind the Rescue Team of the PDP.”
https://punchng.com/election-im-not-desperate-for-power-atiku/?amp

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by socialmediaman: 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
tongue You Sabi do mugu ba angry

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Urheadmaster(m): 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Only tulubo thinks to be president is a do or die affairs

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Dotherightthing: 11:10pm On Feb 21, 2023
Exactly! Just quit already. It's the turn of the south!

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Jostoman: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
Yes we know sir, unlike the other man that can do anything to become president.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Joevics(m): 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yet you've contested 6 times?

- You outspent everyone everytime.
- You've left several parties just to ensure you get the ticket.

SPV Atiku, rest

165 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Abfinest007(m): 11:31pm On Feb 21, 2023
See who is talking.someone that bribe his way through is desperate

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Think9ja(m): 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2023
P
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by loosecanon50(m): 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2023
You’re not desperate for power yet you bought your way through to win the presidential primaries?

104 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Edoreborn: 1:13am On Feb 22, 2023
You are sir,,if not u for no even show ur thick neck for ds election after ur brother from north just finished..

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by courage89(m): 1:16am On Feb 22, 2023
This is coming from a man who has been contesting every 4 years since 1990. If that’s not desperation for power, I don’t know other names to call it

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Zelenskyy(m): 1:26am On Feb 22, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Exactly! Just quit already. It's the turn of the south!

You are wrong

It is not the turn of the South

It is still the turn of the North

14 - 10 = 4

The South have ruled for 14 years

The North have ruled for 10 years

So the North still have 4 more years to rule Nigeria..

If you have conscience, then this simple arithmetic will make sense to you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Chineduawka: 1:36am On Feb 22, 2023
Zelenskyy:

You are wrong

14 - 10 = 4

The south will do 4 years and the north will do 8 years to balance..
But the south first 😎

15 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by LegendHero(m): 2:18am On Feb 22, 2023
You’ve contested more than 5 times. That shows desperation.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Starhearts: 5:39am On Feb 22, 2023
Peter OBITUARY chances at the polls is just like the chances of a gambler who played correct scores. It will surely end in pains

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by DenreleDave(m): 5:39am On Feb 22, 2023
Peter obi has destroyed the little chance Igbos have in Nigerian politics... It will be very hard for the nation to trust igbos again in politics

They said igbos should build bridges, they brought C4 and rocket launcher grin grin grin grin

By next week, we shall begin to hear Biafra or death.. They will remember the dead kanu and start telling Buhari to release his dead body to them....

grin grin grin grin

After Saturday Election..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Megir: 5:39am On Feb 22, 2023
But you've been contesting since 24 years ago? 😏 😏 😏

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Urbanchampion: 5:39am On Feb 22, 2023
Olosi, you are not desperate for power, but you've contested in every presidential election since 2007. You disrupted the constitution of PDP on power rotation and Leadership arrangements between the North and South, yet you say you're not desperate for power!
Abeg, how do you define desperation?

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by factcheckmmm: 5:40am On Feb 22, 2023
Hb
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by fuckJones(f): 5:40am On Feb 22, 2023
But you have been contesting for the past 30 years now, OGA you are over desperate.
you contest against abiola too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Simongm(m): 5:40am On Feb 22, 2023
Yes, that explains why you ran unsuccessfully for President of Nigeria five times, in 1993, 2007, 2011, 2015, and 2019.
You are still running 2023, and the outcome will not be different from the previous attempt.

Naija chief Desperado award winner!

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 5:41am On Feb 22, 2023
leethebee:
He is already wailing. Words from a loser. All the loots u accumulated over the years have been spent on elections over a decade. What a loss. Vote OBi for a new Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Omoawoke: 5:41am On Feb 22, 2023
Shut the fck up..
You simply want to destabilize Nigeria by destroying the power rotation with your self centred ambition...it is the south turn to rule

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by DrAkpamudehe: 5:41am On Feb 22, 2023
Urbanchampion:
Olosi, you are not desperate for power, but you've contested in every presidential election since 2007.
Abeg, what's defi

Your father is the oloshi. Silly son of a bat

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by PerfectMan24: 5:42am On Feb 22, 2023
Man wey never unite his party, he want to unite Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Royalty83(m): 5:42am On Feb 22, 2023
Good for you Mallam Atiku. After buhari it is only fair a southernern takes over. Here in the north we can't vote a 3rd class philosophy graduate who can boost of a beer factory for eight years because his folks don't deserve it..

So it is definitely the ASIWAJU OF NIGERIA, JAGABAN OF BORGU

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by PeggySandas(f): 5:42am On Feb 22, 2023
Igbo will never smell presidency in this country. They should get ready for biafla or death agitation

🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 5:43am On Feb 22, 2023
leethebee:
Go and unite your 6 wives and dozens of children in Dubai first. Nigeria is too complex for you to handle now. Barawo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Omoawoke: 5:43am On Feb 22, 2023
Zelenskyy:

You are wrong

14 - 10 = 4

Since 1960, the score between the south and north is like 10-1... power must come to the south

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by tunwumi: 5:44am On Feb 22, 2023
Say someone who can't honor a simple obvious agreement

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Blasts Clerics Over Predictions Of His Impeachment- The Vanguard / Court Nullifies APC Congresses In Rivers State, Says It Is Fraudulent / "No APC Governorship Candidate In Zamfara", Says Marafa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.