Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku (15201 Views)

I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi Insists / 2023 Elections: I’m Unhappy Some Candidates Lost – Buhari / 2023 Elections: I’m In Race To End Nigerians’ Suffering, Says Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by OmoOshodi(m): 7:25am On Feb 22, 2023
Just get out

The battle is between this two

Atiku and kwankwaso are just vote splitters in the North.....

Thanks Atiku

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by 8stargeneral: 7:32am On Feb 22, 2023
Your more than desperate sir
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Thedon22: 7:43am On Feb 22, 2023
PPC = Perennial Presidential Candidate!
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by seeyounow: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by MotiveU(f): 7:49am On Feb 22, 2023
Says who.
Desperado... Baba
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by seasy: 7:49am On Feb 22, 2023
You are.
Very obvious
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by onuman: 7:53am On Feb 22, 2023
leethebee:
https://punchng.com/election-im-not-desperate-for-power-atiku/?amp

Atiku Abubakar, your desperation for power is unparalleled in the history of Nigeria. Your desperation for power this time makes you the most disunifying politician Nigeria has ever had.
If your desperation makes you win next presidential election, there are big chances that Nigeria will disintegrate.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by okuta007: 7:54am On Feb 22, 2023
Zelenskyy:

You are wrong

It is not the turn of the South

It is still the turn of the North

14 - 10 = 4

The South have ruled for 14 years

The North have ruled for 10 years

So the North still have 4 more years to rule Nigeria..

If you have conscience, then this simple arithmetic will make sense to you

Mr Mathematician of the Indomie generation - Nigeria gained independence since 1960

Let tell you how many years the different regions have ruled Nigeria in the past 62.5 years

North - 44.5 years (534 months)
West - 11.5 years (138 months)
East- 0.5 years. (6 months)
South - 6 years. (72 months)

And north wants to rule again? when will an Igbo rule Nigeria up to one year in Nigeria’s 62 years history ? abeg make ona fear God

Are Igbos not Nigerians ?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by tonykester: 7:55am On Feb 22, 2023
You are, pleas
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Ken4Christ: 7:56am On Feb 22, 2023
Megir:
But you've been contesting since 24 years ago? 😏 😏 😏

You just hit the nail at the head.

If he is not desperate for power, he should have resigned from politics at this is old age.

What an irony.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by favour32(m): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2023
Atiku!
Ya mouth dey talk lie.
Ya body dey talk true.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by onuman: 7:56am On Feb 22, 2023
Edoreborn:
You are sir,,if not u for no even show ur thick neck for ds election after ur brother from north just finished..
That's it.
Atiku wants us to start the history of apex political leadership of Nigeria from 1999, but ignore the period from 1960 to 1999 when military dictators and civilian presidents and prime minister from the Atiku's north ruled Nigeria for about 80% of the period.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by jaxxy(m): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2023
loosecanon50:
You’re not desperate for power yet you bought your way through to win the presidential primaries?

atiku left apc because he wanted to contest power when buhari decided to go for 2nd term bt he lost now its time for the south he bought his way again.

he's too desperate.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by hotseat: 7:57am On Feb 22, 2023
Atiku is trying to deceive himself and no one else.

You decided to contest inspite of the fact that it's the turn of the South to produce the president for equity, fairness and unity of the country.

Again, Buhari is a Fulani Muslim just like you.

Na only Fulani dey this country?

To worsen matters, you chose a most vile and shameless Chief Judas Ifeanyi Okowa as your running mate.

If what you're up to isn't desperation, then tell me what it is.

The Dubai Landlord himself!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by seguno2: 8:06am On Feb 22, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Exactly! Just quit already. It's the turn of the south!

Not according to wailing Wike who worked against micro zoning to the south east. Now jungle don mature for the loser of Rivers.

2023: PDP and politics of healing Wike’s self-inflicted injury

Then, the race began in earnest for three years now, reaching a frenzy with the works of the two PDP committees on zoning. The first was the Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi committee on the zoning of the PDP party offices. The Ugwuanyi committee quickly told the world the committee’s assignment did not cover zoning the office of the president. Though this was true, the question is: why didn’t the Ugwuanyi committee zone the PDP chairmanship to the North without aligning it to the divide that would produce the PDP presidential flag-bearer? The second committee headed by Gov Samuel Ortom of Benue state was specifically on the zoning of the presidential ticket and, with the votes of the representatives of all the 17 Southern states without any exception, the Committee unanimously recommended throwing open the PDP presidential ticket, which the PDP NEC simply upheld.

One thing irrefutably stands out – Wike shot himself in the leg. Here was a man who had an overarching influence on both committees but could not insist that the ticket be zoned South. Many had wondered why? The reason is also relatively in plain sight: the Southeast factor. As the clamour for zoning of the presidential ticket of the PDP to South reached its crescendo, many had pointed out the fact that though the PDP Constitution had prescribed zoning of the office of the president to be between North and South since the South-west and South-south had taken their turns in producing the president and the vice in this current dispensation in the persons of Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan, zoning this time around, should not just be to the South but the Southeast.

Atiku Abubakar went a step further by offering to step down from the race if it would be agreed that the touted zoning to the South would mean micro-zoning to the Southeast. Wike and the rest could not take the Atiku challenge maybe because Atiku would likely back Peter Obi, who was his vice-presidential running mate in 2019 and an ally. The prospects of Peter Obi picking the ticket if PDP zoned South was so real compelling Wike to go for an open contest, believing he could pick it up ahead of Atiku, Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed, given his large war chest.

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-pdp-and-politics-of-healing-wikes-self-inflicted-injury/amp
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by seguno2: 8:11am On Feb 22, 2023
hotseat:
Atiku is trying to deceive himself and no one else.

You decided to contest inspite of the fact that it's the turn of the South to produce the president for equity, fairness and unity of the country.

Again, Buhari is a Fulani Muslim just like you.

Na only Fulani dey this country?

To worsen matters, you chose a most vile and shameless Chief Judas Ifeanyi Okowa as your running mate.

If what you're up to isn't desperation, then tell me what it is.

The Dubai Landlord himself!

Na only southerners dey the country for Super Eagles and CBN governor?
Are you a citizen, a tribesman or an idiot? Which one are you

EloquentMedia:
UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR ROLE IN SOCIETY, YOU CAN NEVER MAKE ANY MEANINGFUL CONTRIBUTION.

According to the Greeks there are three types of people on earth,

- the idiots,

- the tribesmen, and

- the citizens.

Studies show only 10% of Africans are citizens.

The remaining 90% are either tribesmen or idiots.

1. THE IDIOTS.
When the Greeks used the word "idiot", they did not use it as a curse word.

Idiots are people who just don’t care.

If they write exams, they will cheat.

If they are in government they will steal.

An idiot does not care at all, if he eats bananas he throws the peels anywhere instead of putting them in a trash bin.

According to the Greeks, some societies have more idiots than tribesmen and citizens.

2. THE TRIBESMEN
The next set of people are tribesmen, these are people that look at everything from the point of view of their tribe.

These are people that believe in you only if you are part of their tribe.

It can be terrible to have a tribesman as a leader, he will alienate the rest.

When the Greeks talk about tribes, it’s not just about ethnicity, they also consider religion as a tribe.

A great percentage of Africans are tribesmen, because they view everything from the point of view of their tribes.

They trust only their tribesmen.

3. THE CITIZENS
The last group are citizens.

These are people that like to do things the right way.

They will respect traffic light rules even if no one is watching them.

They drive within speed limits.

They respect the laws, won’t cheat in exams.

In government they won’t steal.

They are compassionate and give to others to promote their wellbeing.

Citizens often promote projects that benefit everyone.

The Greeks called this group the citizens.

Some countries have more citizens than tribesmen and idiots.

Others have so many idiots.

A tribesman can become a citizen through orientation.

And an idiot can become a citizen by training and constant enforcement of the law.

But things fall apart if you elect an idiot or tribesman to lead you if he has not been reformed.

Where do you belong?

Are you an idiot, a tribesman or a citizen?

Reflect about your life.

Reflect about your country and Africa in general before you answer.

copied

shared by: https://think2wize..com/2021/04/the-3-types-of-people-on-earth-idiot.html

Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by FireUpNow(m): 8:11am On Feb 22, 2023
Abfinest007:
See who is talking.someone that bribe his way through is desperate
Tell me any of the candidate that just love to serve you and me
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Poten111: 8:16am On Feb 22, 2023
leethebee:

OUR PRESIDENT SIR. Prepare you inauguration speech.

Don’t say I did not inform you.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Dotherightthing: 8:16am On Feb 22, 2023
Zelenskyy:

You are wrong

14 - 10 = 4

Did Nigeria just begin in 1999 What about all the donkey years of military rule when the north held sway Who's counting that What about Shagari's tenure

Providence happened in 2010 and only providence can correct it.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Dchampion65: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2023
Not desperate for power, lie lie

Romancing and jumping from one party to the other in search of power to loot.

You should have support one of your mentee then, he did not even have one.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by ArinzeAnthony03: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2023
Zelenskyy:

You are wrong

14 - 10 = 4

You forgot to add the tenure of your brother SHAGARI FROM 1979 TO WHEN BUHARI DETHRONED HIM VIA COUP.

ANF YOU EQUALLY FORGOT THAT THE PAST MILITARY GENERAL ARE ALMOST FROM THE NORTHERN NIGERIA. IS THAT ONE NOT AMONG.

YOU WERE THOUGHT WRONG AND THAT IS WHY YOU SPREAD FAKE INFORMATION.

DID NIGHT START FROM 1999?, REMEMBER THAT MOST OF THE BIG INFRASTRUCTURE BUILT IN NIGERIA WAS DURING THE MILITARY ERA.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by olawalepopoola: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2023
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by famology(m): 9:13am On Feb 22, 2023
Oga drop out now. Bloody hypocrite!
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Tom1960: 9:18am On Feb 22, 2023
How can you unite Nigeria when you can't unite your party? You are a bloody liar.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by press9jatv: 9:20am On Feb 22, 2023
leethebee:
I love this statement from the incoming President Atiku Abubakar. Really Atiku Abubakar wins February 25th presidential poll. Atiku Abubakar isn’t a over ambitious politician. He understand the game well. All odds are in Atiku Abubakar favours. Congratulations sir
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by Sapaz02: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2023
Haba mana, dey lie small,small na.
And you have been on it for past 31 years now
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by OMNIVIRUS(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2023
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by ogatboy(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2023
Not desperate but contested every election in the last 30 years. What is the name of your hypocrasy?
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by newnigerdelta00: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2023
leethebee:

If your are not desperate for power,why contesting for the election,why not stepdown? Wayo people.
Re: 2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku by ifeanyiclement: 10:32am On Feb 22, 2023
leethebee:
Yes, you are very desperate, you said it's the turn of the North in 2015, it is also the turn of the North in 2019 when the Igbos voted massively for you. When it's the turn of the south east by virtue of PDP's zoning formula to aspire to the highest office in the land, you suddenly manipulated the system to be thrown open, that is what I call super desperation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NBA Asks Buhari To Comply With Supreme Court Judgment On Cash Swap / Nigeria Doctors Honour Godwin Maduka At The Centenary Dinner Anniversary In Abuj / Pmb's Achievements In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.