Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) (18206 Views)

Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by umechuma: 2:11am On Sep 13, 2011
Women in burqas walk down the center of the road of Kano and others hold placards, some with 'Death to Israel' written on them. [b]The Islamic movement of Nigeria [/b]held a peaceful procession against the Israel occupation of Palestine. The demonstration was held in Kano, North west of Nigeria. 2nd September 2011

Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by udezue(m): 2:19am On Sep 13, 2011
Mindless unproductive retrogressive poverty and disease stricken illiterates. Can they even locate Israel or Palestine on a map? How can these Northern knuckle heads leave their issues to meddle into other ppl's affairs? Are Palestinians even worrying about them? Kaiiiii Why are we forced to be in this useless union with these backward people?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:24am On Sep 13, 2011
Na so e dey take start!!! I suppose they've looked for more important issues nearer home to demonstrate about, but couldn't find any.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Relax101(m): 2:28am On Sep 13, 2011
umechuma:

Women in burqas walk down the center of the road of Kano and others hold placards, some with 'Death to Israel' written on them. [b]The Islamic movement of Nigeria [/b]held a peaceful procession against the Israel occupation of Palestine. The demonstration was held in Kano, North west of Nigeria. 2nd September 2011

These people are so foolish. They cant demonstrate about the state of decay present in their state.
Are they aware that the women in palastine are educated and somewhat have a better health care than them.
Na one sheikh go sponsor this movement.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by jason123: 2:28am On Sep 13, 2011

What has Isreal got to do with Nigeria, not to talk of Kano?

grin grin grin These people sef!
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by ektbear: 2:36am On Sep 13, 2011
They should be protesting and calling for "death to polio."
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by udezue(m): 2:37am On Sep 13, 2011
@Jason 123, this is the reason why we must leave these people and form our own union or unions. I don't care I just want to wake up one day and gladly say I am not sharing a nation with them.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by ShipIt(m): 2:40am On Sep 13, 2011
Dont blame this on Northerners, Blame it on the idiots in Kano. I'm from the North and Even I think this is stupid,
A) If they want to protest why not protest against our defunct government
B) Is it only today they realized that the Israelis were occupying Palestine
C) What the hell do they think they're going to achieve
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by YoruIgbo(m): 2:44am On Sep 13, 2011
They want their own Amnesty as na the order of the day for Naija grin
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by edoyad(m): 2:45am On Sep 13, 2011
Relax101:

These people are so foolish. They cant demonstrate about the state of decay present in their state.
Are they aware that the women in palastine are educated and somewhat have a better health care than them.
Na one sheikh go sponsor this movement.
grin  grin  grin

True about bolded part. Let's ask the Palestinian women if they would trade places with the women in Kano for anything in the world ? grin  grin
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by odumchi: 2:55am On Sep 13, 2011
They didn't even spell Israel correctly grin grin
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by chigsmith: 3:00am On Sep 13, 2011
It is virtually true that all these un-rests are funded by the north to destabilize this govt. But i will be fine if their sponsors unveils their faces boldly and say what the want, or Jona should divide the country and let them bee QED,
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by baby4u2(f): 3:01am On Sep 13, 2011
udezue:

Mindless unproductive retrogressive poverty and disease stricken illiterates. Can they even locate Israel or Palestine on a map? How can these Northern knuckle heads leave their issues to meddle into other ppl's affairs? Are Palestinians even worrying about them? Kaiiiii Why are we forced to be in this useless union with these backward people?

I had a good laugh with this one Udezue. But I dont like insults  angry.

Cant they protest against Boko Haram. What is wrong with Nigeria please? Please they should not attract more bad attention than we already have. They are truly as Udezue said, "Unproductive."
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by ektbear: 3:05am On Sep 13, 2011
Israel and Palestine should be at the bottom of the priority list for 'em.

So many other things to deal with.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by fbude: 3:12am On Sep 13, 2011
Those who sponsor all these

IBB,Atiku Abubarkar,Chiroma,Dambazu,

BuhariAbdullahi Sarki Mukhtar,Abdusalami

Abubakar,Umaru Ali,Yakassi The entire

members of Arewa consutative forum,

Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF)
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 3:14am On Sep 13, 2011
Many of you bigots jump at every opportunity to vomit your evil and very uncivilized verbal venom. Hitler himself had a great desire to limit freedom of expression which eventually led to the holocaust. You evil ones, like Hitler are now reigning all kinds of abuse on people who are simply exercising their freedom of expression.

You fools have already forgotten that apatheid would have remained in effect were it not for the good people from different parts of the world who protested against it.  Shame on you guys.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by 9ijaprince(m): 3:15am On Sep 13, 2011
this is totally s.t.u.p.i.d on the sponsors. Cant they find another reason to protest? This is how it starts. Today its women in kano, how i wish GEJ got balls.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by ektbear: 3:21am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Many of you bigots jump at every opportunity to vomit your evil and very uncivilized verbal venom. Hitler himself had a great desire to limit freedom of expression which eventually led to the holocaust. You evil ones, like Hitler are now reigning all kinds of abuse on people who are simply exercising their freedom of expression.

You fools have already forgotten that apatheid would have remained in effect were it not for the good people from different parts of the world who protested against it.  Shame on you guys.

Freedom of speech is fine. But a patient suffering from cancer should probably focus on taking his cancer medicine rather than some dude in the middle east's cold, no?

How can the poverty-striken, polio-ridden, uneducated people of Kano be demonstrating for Palestinians? People who are probably better off than they are?  grin

Palestinians should be demonstrating for Kano indigenes, not the other way around
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 13, 2011
Nigeria has to be the only country that swallows panadols for anther's religious palava.

Apart from the USA meddling into other ppl's business, but atleast they're SEEN and HEARD.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by baby4u2(f): 3:23am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Chucks, Please no body is a fool here. Dont we have worse problems in Nigeria than concentrating on other people's problem. When has anyone protested about the killings going on in Nigeria? When and how please let us know? They went as far as wanting their voices to be heard but they cannot speak out about the decandence that is going on in Nigeria. It is unproductive, it is not today that people started protesting about Isreal's invasion, Nigeria's protest is unproductive for right now. No one wants to hear crap from people that have not sorted out their own problems.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Johndoe100(m): 3:23am On Sep 13, 2011
I think they are doing the right thing. I feel for the people of Palestine and I am Christian. You may not like what they do, but the way I see it at least they are doing something.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

What has your post got to do with the thread? what's your point?

Do we have to fear for our lives anytime an  "Islamically" religious even occurs in the other corner of the world?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 3:26am On Sep 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Freedom of speech is fine. But a patient suffering from cancer should probably focus on taking his cancer medicine rather than some dude in the middle east's cold, no?

How can the poverty-striken, polio-ridden, uneducated people of Kano be demonstrating for Palestinians? People who are probably better off than they are?  grin

Palestinians should be demonstrating for Kano indigenes, not the other way around

You don't wish to deny any Nigerian the freedom to express themselves as they see fit do you? Do you know who the demonstrators are or what other causes they champion?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by aljharem3: 3:27am On Sep 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

How can the poverty-striken, polio-ridden, uneducated people of Kano be demonstrating for Palestinians? People who are probably better off than they are?  grin

na wa for u o. did not expect this from u undecided
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 3:30am On Sep 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

What has your post got to do with the thread? what's your point?

Do we have to fear for our lives anytime an  "Islamically" religious even occurs in the other corner of the world?

My point was that the vemomous attack on the people expressing their freedom of speech and association was uncalled for and bigoted. Read the attacks on the protesters by other respondents. Imaging someone calling people who are exercising their freedom of speech, peacefully, "Mindless unproductive retrogressive poverty and disease stricken illiterates"! Haba.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by ektbear: 3:33am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You don't wish to deny any Nigerian the freedom to express themselves as they see fit do you? Do you know who the demonstrators are or what other causes they champion?

They are entitled to their freedom of speech. Maybe it is just me, but I don't protest for people better off than me. Would be kinda weird, no?

Shouldn't they focus on their problems first?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:33am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

My point was that the vemomous attack on the people expressing their freedom of speech and association was uncalled for and bigoted. Read the attacks on the protesters by other respondents. Imaging someone calling people who are exercising their freedom of speech, [size=28pt]peacefully[/size], "Mindless unproductive retrogressive poverty and disease stricken illiterates"! Haba.

Since when did "DEATH to _______ " become peaceful?

And we should be focused on the illiteracy level in Nigeria, esp in the Northern states. I mean, the last time I checked my map it was "Israel" not "Esrael". Priority has been sinfully replaced, I see.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by aljharem3: 3:35am On Sep 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

And we should be focused on the illiteracy level in Nigeria, esp in the Northern states. I mean, the last time I checked my map it was "Israel" not "Esrael". Priority has been sinfully replaced, I see.

ekt_bear:

They are entitled to their freedom of speech. Maybe it is just me, but I don't protest for people better off than me. Would be kinda weird, no?

Shouldn't they focus on their problems first?

na wa oo

dude where u not the one talking of freedom of speech and expression

so what is wrong in them expressing themselves

i think u two have a serious problem that needs to be checked

bunch of hypocrites
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 3:36am On Sep 13, 2011
baby4u2:

Chucks, Please no body is a fool here. Dont we have worse problems in Nigeria than concentrating on other people's problem. When has anyone protested about the killings going on in Nigeria? When and how please let us know? They went as far as wanting their voices to be heard but they cannot speak out about the decandence that is going on in Nigeria. It is unproductive, it is not today that people started protesting about Isreal's invasion, Nigeria's protest is unproductive for right now. No one wants to hear crap from people that have not sorted out their own problems.

You asked when has anyone protested about killings going on in Nigeria, ko? Well you people should take a hing from the Kano protesters and organize your own protest about the issue you are complaining about. The problem is that you people will not protest anything whatsoever. Your leaders will continue to r.ape you with impunity. No vex dear, nothing personal.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by ektbear: 3:37am On Sep 13, 2011
Wow!

And I wasn't even exaggerating!

Pervasive poverty, worsened by unchecked government corruption, is as much part of the problem as fervent religious belief. A stark economic contrast between the mainly Muslim north and the Christian and animist south is also fanning the flames. Literacy rates in the north-east are two-thirds lower than in Lagos, the southern business hub. Less than 5% of women are able to read and write in some northern states. Income per head is 50% lower than in the Christian south. The lack of economic opportunities is driving some into the arms of radicals.
http://www.economist.com/node/21526939

GDP/capita in the north is roughly $700ish. In Palestine, was $1100ish in 2005 (see this link.)

So again, who should be protesting for whom?

They are entitled to their freedom of speech, but shouldn't they face their problems closer to home that make them worse off than the Palestinians?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 13, 2011
alj_harem:

na wa oo

dude where u not the one talking of freedom of speech and expression

so what is wrong in them expressing themselves

i think u two have a serious problem that needs to be checked

bunch of hypocrites

Stop quoting me, thanks.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 3:38am On Sep 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

While one may find a couple of placards distasteful, it would be a stretch to deem the Kano protest as anything other than peaceful. There was no violence at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria / Cash Transfer: Some Nigerians Haven’t Seen ₦5,000 Before - Sadiya Farouk / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.