Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,839 members, 7,828,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) (18227 Views)

Shekau Vows To Attack Emir Sanusi Of Kano Over Self-Defense Advice / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / PHOTOS: Vice President Namadi Sambo Visits Kano Over Terror Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by ektbear: 3:39am On Sep 13, 2011
@alj_harem: Nothing wrong with expressing themselves. What I question is whether they have their priorities straight.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by naijaking1: 3:41am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

My point was that the vemomous attack on the people expressing their freedom of speech and association was uncalled for and bigoted. Read the attacks on the protesters by other respondents. Imaging someone calling people who are exercising their freedom of speech, peacefully, "Mindless unproductive retrogressive poverty and disease stricken illiterates"! Haba.

You know this is not about any freedom of speech, as if the people demonstrating even knows what that means.
It's all about setting the stage for another round of riots, violence, ra-pi.ng, and looting. You know that embarassed
Remember the riots about an English teacher who "violated" the quoran in Sudan---many people lost their lives in Bauchi for that.
Remember the Danish author who "disrepected" mohammed? People also died in Nigeria for that too.
Enlightened northern muslims like you should be doing more to educate your ignorant and uninformed followers not coming here to argue the obvious.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You asked when has anyone protested about killings going on in Nigeria, ko? Well you people should take a hing from the Kano protesters and organize your own protest about the issue you are complaining about. The problem is that you people will not protest anything whatsoever. Your leaders will continue to r.ape you with impunity. No vex dear, nothing personal.

Nigerians are getting maimed and killed in Libya. . . . but that one does not matter. Let's carry pkali go protest for Palestinians.

ndu_chucks:

While one may find a couple of placard distasteful, it would be a stretch to deem the Kano protest as anything other than peaceful. [size=28pt]There was no violence at all.[/size]

We thank God We thank God.

Ever heard of Verbal ( Words, even on pkalis) violence? So when should we expect the "peaceful" protest to escalate into something more violent?

Dude, I don't even care how violent or non-violent you wish to see it, the point is the priority. But oh well! What's the employment rate in the North again? undecided
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by MP007(m): 3:44am On Sep 13, 2011
They are gradually preparing the grounds for foreign invasion.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by baby4u2(f): 3:49am On Sep 13, 2011
Chucks what is more important now is concentrating on Nigeria's problem. Since they want to be heard, and most of the problem is coming from their people, they should channel their energy to better and productive uses. They have just substituted gym exercise, for the road and sun.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:50am On Sep 13, 2011
baby4u2:

Chucks what is more important now is concentrating on Nigeria's problem. Since they want to be heard, and most of the problem is coming from their people, they should channel their energy to better and productive uses. They have just substituted [size=28pt]gym exercise, for the road and sun. [/size]

grin grin grin
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 13, 2011
99% of the women in "palestine" are educated . . . i think they should be demonstrating for the women in Kano.

If anyone needs evidence that the Israel-palestine "crisis" is manufactured more as a religious aversion to Israel rather than anything to do with land . . . well they have proof now.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 13, 2011
nairaland is not a place for a sensible muslim like me, why do you guys like insulting my religion? And why all those threads making the front page? I thought i register here to have fun, Omg, its just painful
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 13, 2011
babagy82:

nairaland is not a place for a sensible muslim like me, why do you guys like insulting my religion? And why all those threads making the front page? I thought i register here to have fun, Omg, its just painful

I think this is what you meant to say - nairaland is not a place for a hypocritical muslim like me, why do you guys like exposing my religion? And why all those threads making the front page? I thought i register here to have fun and pretend islam is all about peace, Omg, its just painful
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 3:58am On Sep 13, 2011
naijaking1:
You know this is not about any freedom of speech, as if the people demonstrating even knows what that means.
It's all about setting the stage for another round of riots, violence, ra-pi.ng, and looting. You know that  
Remember the riots about an English teacher who "violated" the quoran in Sudan---many people lost their lives in Bauchi for that.
Remember the Danish author who "disrepected" mohammed? People also died in Nigeria for that too.  

For me, it is an issue of freedom of speech. I am not privy to the information which advised you that this protest was about setting the stage for another round of riots and other horrible acts. You’ll have to carry that prejudicial and bigoted cross yourself.

ilekebebe-idi:

Ever heard of Verbal ( Words, even on pkalis) violence? So when should we expect the "peaceful" protest to escalate into something more violent?

Dude, I don't even care how violent or non-violent you wish to see it, the point is the priority. But oh well! What's the employment rate in the North again?

The beauty of democracy which you are enjoying in Florida, is that people are free to protest whatever cause they see fit, according to their own priorities, and not according to the priorities of some big brother or sister. Like it or not, the protests were legal, and constitutional. I’m sure you don’t share Hitlers belief in limiting freedoms such as this one.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The beauty of democracy which you are enjoying in Florida, is that people are free to protest whatever cause they see fit, according to their own priorities, and not according to the priorities of some big brother or sister. Like it or not, the protests were legal, and constitutional. I’m sure you don’t share Hitlers belief in limiting freedoms such as this one.

no one is denying them their right to free speech, just wondering why folks with less than 50% literacy rate, high unemployment, 80% living below the poverty line e.t.c. are busy protesting for the "rights" of folks with closer to 99% literacy rate, high GDP growth rate and with far more freedoms than can ever be expected in any majority muslim state.

Its like taking panadol for another man's medicine.

Makes you start to wonder if this hulabaloo is really about land or islam's devotion to the destruction of the state of Israel. Methinks it would still be a problem should the jews pack up and move to Siberia.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

For me, it is an issue of freedom of speech. I am not privy to the information which advised you that this protest was about setting the stage for another round of riots and other horrible acts. You’ll have to carry that prejudicial and bigoted cross yourself.

1. So you admit misplaced priority of your brothers?

2. So you support the advocation of death to a set of people? That's what you define as peaceful? Based on your religion or . . . .?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 4:07am On Sep 13, 2011
@davidylan  & others, the beauty of democracy is that it provides for freedom of expression. That freedom is not and should not be contigent on the priorities of anyone other than the person exercising this freedom. Hitla himself resented freedom of expression - I'm sure you people do not want to be associated with such a character.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Finecat(m): 4:10am On Sep 13, 2011
This is why i hate these F ucking Muslims. Must you react and kill everybody over a slightest provocation?? Nigeria is doomed with this religion inside of it! No Country prosper or peaceful with islam in it. Name one? My extended family are muslims and i thank my stars that my parents change to Christianity, those guys behave like an animal. All they look for is to destroy and kill out of hatred and jealousy.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@davidylan  & others, the beauty of democracy is that it provides for freedom of expression. That freedom is not and should not be contigent on the priorities of anyone other than the person exercising this freedom. Hitla himself resented freedom of expression - I'm sure you people do not want to be associated with such a character.

We dont need to go as far as Hitler to reference examples of the brutal restriction of freedom of speech. One wonders why those women were not campaigning for the rights of their brothers and sisters being slaughtered in syria. At least those in the WestBank are still alive, have a thriving economy and drive sleek Mercedes benz cars on the dime of the Europeans and Americans.

you seem to know a lot about how "beautiful" democracy truly is. Care to mention which muslim state is democratic? Thanks.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Freedom of expression that advocates for the death of a someone/ a set of people should be cautioned no matter how "peaceful" it looks.

Ever watched "Ruby Bridges"? I guess our white friends  were also protesting peacefully because they didnt simply grab her by the neck. Lord knows what our Mallam brothers where shouting while protesting. Too bad pictures can't tell.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 4:14am On Sep 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

1. So you admit misplaced priority of your brothers?

2. So you support the advocation of death to a set of people? That's what you define as peaceful? Based on your religion or . . . .?

(1) People are free to set whatever priority the wish, who am I to say that their priorities are misplaced?

(2)Why would anyone advocate death to a set of people? I suspect the protesters were wishing death to the state of Israel and not to the people. The protesters would prefer the death of Israel as we know it followed by the birth of a new nation which will provide for the self determination for all her citizens.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by naijaking1: 4:16am On Sep 13, 2011
davidylan:

We dont need to go as far as Hitler to reference examples of the brutal restriction of freedom of speech. One wonders why those women were not campaigning for the rights of their brothers and sisters being slaughtered in syria. At least those in the WestBank are still alive, have a thriving economy and drive sleek Mercedes benz cars on the dime of the Europeans and Americans.

you seem to know a lot about how "beautiful" democracy truly is. Care to mention which muslim state is democratic? Thanks.

I know, I know cheesy
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by moremi2008(m): 4:17am On Sep 13, 2011
YOUR URGENT ATTENTION PLS.!!!!  I AM ORGANIZING A PROTEST TOMORROW IN LAGOS AGAINST THE BAD TREATMENT OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS IN CHINA!!!

We must rise up and march for the human rights and dignity of our fellow Christian brothers and sisters!!! We will be convening at Ajegunle at 12noon or as soon as the sun is very hot! Please come out in your millions with your Bibles, head-scarves and placards! THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT HAS VIOLATED CHRISTIAN RIGHTS FOR TOO LONG AND IT SHALL NOT BE TOLERATED BY NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Death to China!
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

(1) People are free to set whatever priority the wish, who am I to say that their priorities are misplaced?

(2)Why would anyone advocate death to a set of people? I suspect the protesters were wishing death to the state of Israel and not to the people. The protesters would prefer the death of Israel as we know it followed by the birth of a new nation which will provide for the self determination for all her citizens.

1. People are free to set whatever priority they wish, other people are also free to point out how misplaced those priorities are. I guess we're both right here.

2. How far is wishing for the death of Israel from Wishing for the death of Israelis?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 4:18am On Sep 13, 2011
davidylan:

We are talking about protests in my dear country Nigeria, and you want me to mention a  muslim state which is democratic? wettin concern me with muslim state? I'm a Nigerian buddy! abi dis man don drink oguro ni?
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by naijaking1: 4:19am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You're really working it cool
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

We are talking about protests in my dear country Nigeria, and you want me to mention a  muslim state which is democratic? wettin concern me with muslim state? I'm a Nigerian buddy! abi dis man don drink oguro ni?

Nigeria has democracy solely because it has a substantial non-muslim population. If not, you would be no better than an average Syrian citizen. Expendable by bullets of tyranny. Typical of the average muslim state.

ndu_chucks:

the jews have a state, palestinian arabs can form their own state . . . wasnt that what the UN decided in 1948? Why destroy the jewish state? If you think a state with majority arab population is remotely interested in providing for the self determination of jews then i got an island to sell to you. The jews see how they are treated in Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Gaza . . . they say a big no thanks. The arabs can go to Jordan.

We know the truth homie, its nestled in the Hamas charter . . . the protest isnt about destroying Israel to provide justice to "all her citizens" (westbank and gaza arabs are NOT Israeli citizens no matter how much you hypocritical demons cry), its about Islam's agelong desire to destroy the jews on allah's behalf.

I wonder why these same women arent worried about the thousands who are systematically denied self determination in Syria or Egypt. they sure seem to be more bothered about the rights of the healthy and rich!
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 4:33am On Sep 13, 2011
davidylan:

The jews have a state, palestinian arabs can form their own state . . . wasnt that what the UN decided in 1948? Why destroy the jewish state?

Since the UN decision of 1948, some would argue that Israel has essentially become a rogue state or a not-so-nice state at best. Let me list a few UN resolutions against Israel since the said 1948 decision:

Resolution 106: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid".
* Resolution 111: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people".
* Resolution 127: " . . . 'recommends' Israel suspends it's 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem".
* Resolution 162: " . . . 'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions".
* Resolution 171: " . . . determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria".
* Resolution 228: " . . . 'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control".
* Resolution 237: " . . . 'urges' Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees".
* Resolution 248: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan".
* Resolution 250: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem".
* Resolution 251: " . . . 'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250".
* Resolution 252: " . . . 'declares invalid' Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital".
* Resolution 256: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli raids on Jordan as 'flagrant violation".
* Resolution 259: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation".
* Resolution 262: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for attack on Beirut airport".
* Resolution 265: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan".
* Resolution 267: " . . . 'censures' Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem".
*Resolution 270: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon".
* Resolution 271: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem".
* Resolution 279: " . . . 'demands' withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 280: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli's attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 285: " . . . 'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon".
* Resolution 298: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem".
* Resolution 313: " . . . 'demands' that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 316: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon".
* Resolution 317: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon".
* Resolution 332: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 337: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty".
* Resolution 347: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli attacks on Lebanon".
* Resolution 425: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 427: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon.
* Resolution 444: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces".
* Resolution 446: " . . . 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious
obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* Resolution 450: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon".
* Resolution 452: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories".
* Resolution 465: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's settlements and asks all member
states not to assist Israel's settlements program".
* Resolution 467: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's military intervention in Lebanon".
* Resolution 468: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of
two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return".
* Resolution 469: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's failure to observe the
council's order not to deport Palestinians".
* Resolution 471: " . . . 'expresses deep concern' at Israel's failure to abide
by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* Resolution 476: " . . . 'reiterates' that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are 'null and void'".
* Resolution 478: " . . . 'censures (Israel) in the strongest terms' for its
claim to Jerusalem in its 'Basic Law'".
* Resolution 484: " . . . 'declares it imperative' that Israel re-admit two deported
Palestinian mayors".
* Resolution 487: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel for its attack on Iraq's
nuclear facility".
* Resolution 497: " . . . 'decides' that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan
Heights is 'null and void' and demands that Israel rescinds its decision forthwith".
* Resolution 498: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon".
* Resolution 501: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops".
* Resolution 509: " . . . 'demands' that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon".
* Resolution 515: " . . . 'demands' that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and
allow food supplies to be brought in".
* Resolution 517: " . . . 'censures' Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions
and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 518: " . . . 'demands' that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon".
* Resolution 520: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's attack into West Beirut".
* Resolution 573: " . . . 'condemns' Israel 'vigorously' for bombing Tunisia
in attack on PLO headquarters.
* Resolution 587: " . . . 'takes note' of previous calls on Israel to withdraw
its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw".
* Resolution 592: " . . . 'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students
at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops".
* Resolution 605: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's policies and practices
denying the human rights of Palestinians.
* Resolution 607: " . . . 'calls' on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly
requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
* Resolution 608: " . . . 'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians".
* Resolution 636: " . . . 'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
* Resolution 641: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
* Resolution 672: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violence against Palestinians
at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
* Resolution 673: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United
Nations.
* Resolution 681: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of
Palestinians.
* Resolution 694: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's deportation of Palestinians and
calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
* Resolution 726: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of Palestinians.
* Resolution 799: ". . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians
and calls for there immediate return.

Na wa for wayas.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Since the UN decision of 1948, some would argue that Israel has essentially become a rogue state or a not-so-nice state at best. Let me list a few UN resolutions against Israel since the said 1948 decision:

But in a sick twisted world there is not one single UN resolution condemning the indiscriminate slaughter going on in Syria right? We are more concerned by resolutions that asks Israel to re-admit deported mayors? You muslims are such twisted individuals.
Israel is a "rogue" state and yet we have muslims struggling to go live in that tiny 8 mile wide state by force? You would think they would prefer Egypt or Lebanon.

Ever heard of a "non-binding resolution"? I guess not.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by naijaking1: 4:49am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Resolution 106: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid".
* Resolution 111: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people".
* Resolution 127: " . . . 'recommends' Israel suspends it's 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem".
* Resolution 162: " . . . 'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions".
* Resolution 171: " . . . determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria".
* Resolution 228: " . . . 'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control".
* Resolution 237: " . . . 'urges' Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees".
* Resolution 248: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan".
* Resolution 250: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem".
* Resolution 251: " . . . 'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250".
* Resolution 252: " . . . 'declares invalid' Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital".
* Resolution 256: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli raids on Jordan as 'flagrant violation".
* Resolution 259: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation".
* Resolution 262: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for attack on Beirut airport".
* Resolution 265: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan".
* Resolution 267: " . . . 'censures' Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem".
*Resolution 270: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon".
* Resolution 271: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem".
* Resolution 279: " . . . 'demands' withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 280: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli's attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 285: " . . . 'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon".
* Resolution 298: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem".
* Resolution 313: " . . . 'demands' that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 316: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon".
* Resolution 317: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon".
* Resolution 332: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon".
* Resolution 337: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty".
* Resolution 347: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli attacks on Lebanon".
* Resolution 425: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 427: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon.
* Resolution 444: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces".
* Resolution 446: " . . . 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious
obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* Resolution 450: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon".
* Resolution 452: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories".
* Resolution 465: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's settlements and asks all member
states not to assist Israel's settlements program".
* Resolution 467: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's military intervention in Lebanon".
* Resolution 468: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of
two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return".
* Resolution 469: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's failure to observe the
council's order not to deport Palestinians".
* Resolution 471: " . . . 'expresses deep concern' at Israel's failure to abide
by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* Resolution 476: " . . . 'reiterates' that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are 'null and void'".
* Resolution 478: " . . . 'censures (Israel) in the strongest terms' for its
claim to Jerusalem in its 'Basic Law'".
* Resolution 484: " . . . 'declares it imperative' that Israel re-admit two deported
Palestinian mayors".
* Resolution 487: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel for its attack on Iraq's
nuclear facility".
* Resolution 497: " . . . 'decides' that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan
Heights is 'null and void' and demands that Israel rescinds its decision forthwith".
* Resolution 498: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon".
* Resolution 501: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops".
* Resolution 509: " . . . 'demands' that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon".
* Resolution 515: " . . . 'demands' that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and
allow food supplies to be brought in".
* Resolution 517: " . . . 'censures' Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions
and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* Resolution 518: " . . . 'demands' that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon".
* Resolution 520: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's attack into West Beirut".
* Resolution 573: " . . . 'condemns' Israel 'vigorously' for bombing Tunisia
in attack on PLO headquarters.
* Resolution 587: " . . . 'takes note' of previous calls on Israel to withdraw
its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw".
* Resolution 592: " . . . 'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students
at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops".
* Resolution 605: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's policies and practices
denying the human rights of Palestinians.
* Resolution 607: " . . . 'calls' on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly
requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
* Resolution 608: " . . . 'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians".
* Resolution 636: " . . . 'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
* Resolution 641: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
* Resolution 672: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violence against Palestinians
at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
* Resolution 673: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United
Nations.
* Resolution 681: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of
Palestinians.
* Resolution 694: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's deportation of Palestinians and
calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
* Resolution 726: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of Palestinians.
* Resolution 799: ". . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians
and calls for there immediate return.

Na wa for wayas.

Did I miss it? But I didn't see Kano, or Nigeria in any of this.
Don't worry, MOSSAD will take good care of you when they begin to work with GEJ fulltime grin
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by nduchucks: 4:55am On Sep 13, 2011
davidylan:

But in a sick twisted world there is not one single UN resolution condemning the indiscriminate slaughter going on in Syria right? We are more concerned by resolutions that asks Israel to re-admit deported mayors? You muslims are such twisted individuals.
Israel is a "rogue" state and yet we have muslims struggling to go live in that tiny 8 mile wide state by force? You would think they would prefer Egypt or Lebanon.

Ever heard of a "non-binding resolution"? I guess not.

Check yourself, my brother. You are being eaten up by bigotry and hatred of Muslims and I feel sorry for you. Pray tell, when did I mention my religion to you? o ma se o.

@naijaking1, MOSSAD ko, MASSOB ni.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:56am On Sep 13, 2011
Dem done dey go again o!! Their hands have been idle since April's uprising and they need to shed innocent blood once again!

Why the hell in the North still a part of Nigeria? Why haven't we done away with those gworo-eating sumbitches?

Useless people and their weird ideas. The other day they held a meeting in Saudi to delibrate on how to 'take back' Nigeria from the Southerners. Lamebrains. Do they feel that if they eventually take back Nigeria, MEND will allow a single drop of crude oil to be drained from the Niger-Delta? Considering all what Boko Haram has done to disengage GEJ? I laff in anambra dialect.

Now I see why a break up of the entity called Nigeria is imminent.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:58am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Check yourself, my brother. You are being eaten up by bigotry and hatred of Muslims and I feel sorry for you. Pray tell, when did I mention my religion to you?  o ma se o.

I responded to your predictable posting of empty arab propaganda and you claim it must be because i am eaten up by bigotry?
If you need to see bigotry in its true colors then you should try Gaza and the westbank . . . no jew is allowed to live there on pain of death.

I asked a simple question . . . you posted a long list of irrelevant non-binding resolutions like "deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation" or "deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United Nations" but cannot provide JUST ONE that condemns the systematic killing of thousands of innocent Syrians? Your hijabi women are not concerned about their dead brethren in Hama? They are more bothered about the "rights" of fat palestinian women who cant get to sun themselves on Tel aviv beaches?

The way the muslim mind works . . .

I wonder when the UN will issue a resolution condemning the mindless slaughter of jewish babies just a few months ago . . . probably never as usual. They are more interested in deported mayors.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Check yourself, my brother. You are being eaten up by bigotry and hatred of Muslims and I feel sorry for you. Pray tell, when did I mention my religion to you?  o ma se o.

@naijaking1, MOSSAD ko, MASSOB ni. 

Can one not easily assume your religion based on your identification of "Death to _______ " as a peaceful protest.

We know that the North knows nothing about protesting peacefully, so plz throw the idea of Kano's "peaceful" protest out of the window. If Christians in Kano knows what's good for them, they need to start packing out before they become human suya.
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by okadaman2: 5:03am On Sep 13, 2011
Abeg, Somebody wake me up when they start protesting against the MUSLIM ARABS brutallllly Desecrating Nigerian women in Libya  undecided
Re: Demonstration In Kano Over Isreal (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 13, 2011
Wait wait. . . . these are even women protesting?

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bomb Explosion At An Islamic School In Jos / Gov Ajimobi Receives Hero's Cheers From Excited Oyo Citizens..see Photos / Ize-iyamu Visits Prince Of Benin, Ehenede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.