Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns (68441 Views)

Auwalu Salisu, Tricycle Rider Returns โ‚ฆ18 Million To Passenger In Kano / Dry Cleaner Returns Money He Found In A Client's Pocket (Photo) / 300 Sacked Lagos Street Sweepers Disowned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by Offpoint1: 5:52am On Feb 25, 2023
pocohantas:
Carpentry is good.
With the advent of social media and technology, these occupations have been redefined and they now have fancy names.

Carpenter is now furniture maker.
Tailor is fashion designer.
Hairdresser is now hairstylist/beautician.
Nails fixer is Nail technician
N500 lashes is now 15k with lash technician.

Everything na packaging and exposure. If you are still giving your clients Ovation magazine of 2008, na 8k them go price you for corset gown.
My one and only poco cheesy please endeavor to go out and cast your vote today and please vote for Peter Obi, so that I'll be able to get you a Range Rover and take you to the Bahamas before the year ends cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by slydog(m): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2023
inoki247:
All this handy work wey we dey use eyes Underate are better off than some of..

all diz Medicine wey u fit go Strike for 12month nd not get paid

Lawyer wey be say na jus Affidavit u go dey help people sign up nd down...

If only people know
Carpenters, plumbers, truck drivers, painters, electricians, landscaping trades are the ones I hv seen driving huge tundra like trucks in Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
If only our people have government Certifications for these trades, they can immigrate to Canada and earn big.
I know a chartered accountant in Nigeria who is currently a carpenter here in Canada, doing very welll
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by caye(m): 7:14am On Feb 25, 2023
pweeryambre:

Plus they have zero passion to save those lives, all in it for the money.

I THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD
The father of medicine; Imhotep the black man ( not his student the white Greek Hippocrates); received his learning from heaven because he wanted to HEAL people. Material wealth was never his motivation.

I think western medicine has gone to the devil's side; where people are kept medicated sometimes for life, instead of being healed.
That's why these doctors ; including the white ones, can kill ( many of them are actually psychopaths and nacissists) without remorse or feeling.

The mother of nursing ( I've forgotten her name; she was called the Lady With the Lamp) was reportedly a British woman, who saw how soldiers were dying in the Crimean war between Russia and England. She volunteered to go there and helped to nurse many soldiers back to health.

So, the bottom line is that the chief motivation for studying medicine in Nigeria , which is money, has led to chaos and destruction of the profession: it no longer serves the true purpose of being a healer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by Mrvictorwrite(m): 7:15am On Feb 25, 2023
Some parents be doing the most, carpentry work is very lucrative.
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by oylam(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2023
Just another example of how giving up isn't the way forward. He owned the trade, kudos! This is what I love to see.
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by tunjidachosen(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2023
Carpentry is a big profession, you can be a billionaire with carpentry. Ignorance is killing us in Africa.
Carpentry has multi arms: you can do homes, furnitures, etc
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by eyinjuege: 9:39am On Feb 25, 2023
Nigerian parents and asking their children to b3 Dr, lawyer, engineer
As if those are the only professions in the world grin
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2023
Good choice but the guys appearance is another issue.๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by Muyiwabiggy(m): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2023
drizslim:
Even the savior of the World Was a carpenter.. Dude made a wiser decision tbh savior of the world was a fisherman same way he inherited carpentry from his father Joseph.. I don't know why u guys think u know it all yet so daft when u speak

Fisher kini u are the one that is daft. Pls tell me in the Bible where the savior is said to be a fisher man รณ. Olodo oshi! He is more of a carpenter cos he will ofc do his father's job and it was not established that he had a profession of his own and if u are referring to the fishers of men statement,pls get it straight it's Peter and his brother Andrew and the the sons of Zebedee that were actually fishermen. Mumusco
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by Facidio: 10:54am On Feb 25, 2023
This guy na big boy for Canada now o. His younger sister was my course mate in school....
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by We4all: 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2023
martinz1:

may ur childreen become carpenters

hope u like it

Oloriburuku, I will support them as long as they are passionate about it. How many doctors in Nigeria are passionate about their profession?
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by We4all: 12:12pm On Feb 25, 2023
DECLAN2015:

I must show my stupidity.
The young man made his choice just like any other things in life but I must reveal how daft I am....so there is no half baked or no sense carpenter

You must be as daft as the half baked doctors in Nigeria. Oloriburuku.
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by ibinaboonline: 12:18pm On Feb 25, 2023
He even do carpenter work for him nose come put am ring.
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by osazsky(m): 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2023
This is my story..one day me too go yern
Re: Nigerian Man Disowned By His Father For Choosing Carpentry Over Medicine Returns by martinz1: 9:36am On Mar 01, 2023
We4all:

Oloriburuku, I will support them as long as they are passionate about it. How many doctors in Nigeria are passionate about their profession?
why calling me Oloriburuku,did i insult u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / Female Petrol Station Attendant Was Overpaid N5000 By Customer.See What She Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.