Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) (68047 Views)

Civil Defence Officer Shot Dead At A Polling Unit In Katsina.Graphic Photo / Man Stabbed To Death By Thugs At INEC Office In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Charms And Weapons Recovered From Thugs At APC Rally In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2023
VikingKing:

Drop location if e sure you. I am daring you.
see fool! Anarchist! That riot you seeking for will only happen In your father's house. Lazy clown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Candidlady: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2023
frankson1:

She wasn't killed because she went to cast her vote as she was already done with it. She should have gone home but now, she can't tell the story of what happened that day.

I don't just get why people don't understand personal SAFETY first.

very insensitive comment
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 27, 2023
fcbelle72:

Dont worry thugs will gun you down, and we all will report to the nearest police station grin

Fine!
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Look at these tout!

I should drop my location to meet with a nobody!

You think everybody is foolish the way you are?

Oh! Odin is freaking you? small boy!
from his utterances you can easily tell where his coming from
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Caseless: 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2023
Whoever introduced thuggery to our electoral process will never find peace.

This woman does not have to die trying to exercise her franchise. May her soul RIP.

I can't forgive PDP. They brought us here.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2023
Hobbiton:
from his utterances you can easily tell where his coming from

Definitely! He is one of those kids the devil is still leading astray! Life will will teach him if he lucky to make it out!

2 Likes

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by JealousCobra(m): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2023
Emetex22:

U r a lousy criminal, shame on u and the people u represent, people like u r d reason Africa will remain a shit hole. Spits

Mumu, he said drop address may una end the rift, you switch account begin beg like a clown 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by frankson1(m): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2023
Massiveglory:
Why u tying gibberish?
You mean to say waiting to hear the result of her pu is a crime?
What sort of brain do you have? Are u serious?

I typed gibberish and you still understood me...you see why you guys are liars undecided

If she had gone home, two things would have happened; 1) she would have still been alive and
2) she would have still heard the result.

I have the type of brain that is too high for you to comprehend from.

I don't think any election center in Nigeria is a safe place.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Adeneeyee84: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2023
Your sister-inlaw loose guard in the hands of thugs. I will rather stay indoor than to go out during election that the foolish politicians are looking for every means to enrich their personal pocket and that of their family....
May her soul rest in peace.....
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Epinbiz(m): 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2023
Chaiii
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by NawaForThisLife(m): 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2023
Sometimes, learn to shut the fvck up sir!

Just shut the fvck up!... Stupidity should have limits... Even on an anonymous and compromised forum like Nairaland![

Sir! That guy @CoronavirusRelo is still the same person as Mannagrills. He has numerous monikers on nairaland and i think he's also an admin too.
So that's why he's displaying childishness and hatred on every thread
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2023
NawaForThisLife:

Sometimes, learn to shut the fvck up sir!

Just shut the fvck up!... Stupidity should have limits... Even on an anonymous and compromised forum like Nairaland![

Sir! That guy @CoronavirusRelo is still the same person as Mannagrills. He has numerous monikers on nairaland and i think he's also an admin too.
So that's why he's displaying childishness and hatred on every thread

Your head is paining you!

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by ThiefnubuBandit: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Look at these tout!

I should drop my location to meet with a nobody!

You think everybody is foolish the way you are?

Oh! Odin is freaking you? small boy!

HE IS DARING YOU. IF YOU GET MIND, DROP YOUR LOCATION. MISCREANT.

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by NawaForThisLife(m): 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mumu, he said drop address may una end the rift, you switch account begin beg like a clown 🤣🤣🤣

Don't mind them, they have about 3-4 different accounts on nairaland. Using them to disturb and distract people here
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by MrSly(m): 5:39pm On Feb 27, 2023
SamOchuko:

Na wetin b una problem sef? Why una day like spread fake and satanic news sef? Where them for take shoot gun not to talk of killing someone for Ogheghe yesterday? Ogheghe way peaceful anyhow? Wetin b una problem sef? What do you stand to benefit from this lie? U go just go social media, pick person picture, add name to am then boom, fake news don start, post this your so called sister in law demise post on your Facebook wall then give me your name on fb to search for you and tag others so it can go viral if you know this is true. Rubbish, may what you wish this lady befall you and your love ones.
Why include his loved one, did they type the post with him? Assuming it was a lie.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:

HE IS DARING YOU. IF YOU GET MIND, DROP YOUR LOCATION. MISCREANT.

Another miscreant in the hood!

You are a kid! I could tell from your sentences!

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Humulity: 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
RIP.
She is a heroin of our Democracy.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Horus(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
Mother Of 3 Dies After Being Shot At Polling Unit

A 41-year-old mother of three, identified as Elizabeth Arigo Owie, has died after being shot in the chest by suspected political thugs who invaded their polling unit on Saturday, February 25, in Ogheghe community in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area, Benin City, Edo State.

The Executive Director of Rule of Law and Accountability Advocacy Centre (RULAAC), Mr Okechukwu Nwanguma, in a Facebook post, said: “Elizabeth was hit by a bullet from shots fired by political thugs at Ogheghe community in Ikpoba Okha L.G.A, Benin City. Her brother-in-law who informed us about her killing is ‘still trying to get her polling unit name and code’.

“He reported that INEC officials and materials arrived late at her polling unit. She made a post about the election at about 7:28 pm while the counting was going on. Suddenly, some armed men drove in and came out of their car, and opened fire.

She was hit on her chest and died instantly.” The attack on the polling unit where Elizabeth was killed happened moments after another woman, Efidi Bina Jennifer, was attacked and stabbed by political thugs at her polling unit while voting at a local government in Surulere, Lagos. Jennifer, who has become a symbol and representation of violent election and determination for a change of government, returned to cast her vote after receiving First Aid from a nearby clinic.

The presidential and senatorial elections in Lagos State were characterised by violence, with thugs attacking voters and forcing them to vote for a particular political party. The thugs were also said to have snatched ballot papers and boxes in some instances. Elizabeth’s brother, Ejike Michael, who spoke with our reporter, revealed that reports from eyewitness accounts at the deceased’s polling unit maintained some people were shot and sustained injuries.

He said further information revealed that aside from Elizabeth, other two persons died from gunshot, while another victim is in hospital, battling to live. His words: “She was shot at her polling unit last night. According to reports we got, INEC came to the polling unit late, at about 6pm. They voted and soon officials started counting the votes.

At a point, it became clear that Labour Party was leading and she, among others started rejoicing. “Suddenly, some men drove into the place and opened fire. They shot at people and escaped. She was not the only person shot. We heard that about three people died, while another person is in the hospital.”
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Naija4love(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
frankson1:

This was how someone posted on Twitter, stating how Buhari ordered GTBANK manager in Lagos to release N500Mn to Tinubu and posted the man's picture. But, it turned out that the man she mentioned is no more a manager with the bank and people cautioned her to take the twits down.

Just imagine that she's arrested and charged to come with evidence, rumour mongers will start crying about how the government wants to gag free speech.

you see life. that social media, fake new bill most pass or this country will be on fire 🔥 very very soon with this misused of social media in Nigeria
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by ThiefnubuBandit: 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Another miscreant in the hood!

You are a kid! I could tell from your sentences!

SHUT UP!!! YOU SHAMELESS ASS LICKER.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by tammie24: 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
VikingKing:

e be like say you never jam before

If he drop location and you end up being the victim nko
Why you no drop your own?

Mumu full this Nairaland I swear
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:

SHUT UP!!! YOU SHAMELESS ASS LICKER.

You still drowned in the pains of Peter’s loss!

Get over it!

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by frankson1(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
Candidlady:

very insensitive comment

Yeah, It doesn't change anything and no comment will bring her back if the story is true.

My comment is for other people to learn from.

I can't swear that election centres in Nigeria are safe places.

I advised everyone I know who went out on Saturday to return the moment they cast their votes and to leave the area if they sense any disturbances.

This is SAFETY and I shouldn't be criticized for this. And not like it was a good thing she was killed.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by EnterpriseMan: 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
VikingKing:

Should i drop mine??
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by EnterpriseMan: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
tammie24:
e be like say you never jam before

If he drop location and you end up being the victim nko
Why you no drop your own?

Mumu full this Nairaland I swear
Leave the idiot grin grin i dey benin right now, even if na lagos he dey, 1 phone call and he go miss permanently. grin

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
VikingKing:

Will you drop that childish talks on this reasonable topic, how did this topic give you room to come and show us that you're a cultist? Na only you waka come?
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by pacespot(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
yarimo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

May you and your family suffer the same fate soonest. Oloroburuku Abokis lasan lasan
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by tammie24: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
frankson1:

She wasn't killed because she went to cast her vote as she was already done with it. She should have gone home but now, she can't tell the story of what happened that day.

I don't just get why people don't understand personal SAFETY first.
totally agree with you

Shebi na she be INEC officer

One should understand that places like that are vulnerable to attacks... Haba
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
VikingKing:

See one of those shouting "New Nigeria".

A violent man asking for a new Nigeria.

Come to Mayfair, Ife. Wait in front of Captain Cook, and mention me here.

In a fair fight, I will beat the hell out of you.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by virginchaser(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
The way people roll out lies on social media can't be overemphasized.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Osanoghodua1: 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2023
PDP agent must have done that. They knew they will loose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cult Leader Killed And Stomach Ripped Open At Bariga, Lagos (Pictured) / Kenyan Gayright Activist Chiloba Killed, Body Stuffed In Metallic Box (Graphic) / Ifeanyi Njoku Killed Precious Okeke Ibeh, Sleeps With Her Dead Body (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.