Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,722 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) (68115 Views)

Civil Defence Officer Shot Dead At A Polling Unit In Katsina.Graphic Photo / Man Stabbed To Death By Thugs At INEC Office In Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Charms And Weapons Recovered From Thugs At APC Rally In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by JDJ4: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2023
It's very unfortunate, may her soul rest in peace
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by KINGS100(m): 8:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
Hard luck, may her soul Rest in Peace.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Johnn78: 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2023
SamOchuko:

Na wetin b una problem sef? Why una day like spread fake and satanic news sef? Where them for take shoot gun not to talk of killing someone for Ogheghe yesterday? Ogheghe way peaceful anyhow? Wetin b una problem sef? What do you stand to benefit from this lie? U go just go social media, pick person picture, add name to am then boom, fake news don start, post this your so called sister in law demise post on your Facebook wall then give me your name on fb to search for you and tag others so it can go viral if you know this is true. Rubbish, may what you wish this lady befall you and your love ones.
Verified for real.
Its not fake news o.
Governor Obaseki has gone to pay condolence visit to family of the late woman, 43 years old Elizabeth Owie
https://www.nairaland.com/7588982/governor-obaseki-visits-families-people

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Zazaza: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Fvck off please!

Didnt know you had manners to even add please.Everything isn’t politics.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Fujiyama: 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2023
lonelygem:
Nigeria matter, den no dey carry am for head, na shoulder, this go enable you throway am when e wan drag you down.

What is a supposed married woman, probably with kids doing at a poling unit till 7:30pm? If she had left wouldn't they have counted the votes?? If someone had advised her to leave, I bet she and others would have devoured the person and called him or her enemy of Nigeria.

What a sad and avoidable death.

My condolence to the family.. May her soul rest in peace.

^^^

While we wait confirmation of this news (some posters are saying its fake news) some of your comments need to be addressed.

What does her motherhood status or marital status have to do with this? undecided She was at her polling unit trying to perform her civic duty - and making sure her vote counted. She wasn't out joyriding or catching fun (and even if she was - that still doesn't mean her life could be taken away unlawfully). You went as far as making a wager on her (hypothetical) behaviour if someone had asked her to leave the polling unit. undecided Why do some of you reason this way?

This woman was out there fulfilling one of the highest obligations of citizenship. Just express your condolences without casting aspersions on her character or sense of judgement. You have no moral right to do that. None whatsoever.

If you really cared you would ask why we have a country where people can't vote without fear of the results being manipulated or stolen. That is the real failure here.

Edit: Its been confirmed that the news is true - Obaseki visited the woman's family. We still don't know for sure who the killers were.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Weknowbetter: 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
Make your vote and go. Why stay arounf trying to see what happens? Nothing good happens in these Nigeria streets when the sun goes down
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Jagaban666: 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Fvck off!

Fvck your miserable life
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Fujiyama: 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
Weknowbetter:
Make your vote and go. Why stay arounf trying to see what happens? Nothing good happens in these Nigeria streets when the sun goes down

^^^
This woman is not the offender here.

Some people are actually standing up for what's right and somehow they are being made out to be the bad guys here?

I voted at 2.30am. Yes, you read that right...2.30am. INEC officials did us dirty - they came late and then pulled every trick in the book to sabotage the election at my polling unit but the people said no! I waited till the votes were counted and didn't leave the polling unit till 5.30am on Sunday morning!!!

I did that because my PU and neighourhood is fairly secure. Which makes the sacrifice of people like Mrs Owie all the more noble - if her PU was in a rough neighbourhood and she stayed behind to make her vote count, how does she suddenly become the bad person here? How? undecided

What has happened to Nigerian men?

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by goodman5(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
If u dey carry Nigeria matter for head na u sabi
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by SURElee(f): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2023
So sorry for your loss.
Nigeria has a way of eating her own. Such a shame.

May her would reat in peace.
She died for a new Nigeria.
Those behind her death will fall by the gun too and it will rest on their families. From those who gave the order to the thugs and the things who executed the order. They shall pay with their lives. Amen
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Whiteways: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2023
Of which country. Dey play
CoronaVirusRelo:
Report to the nearest police station!

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by placeofallure(f): 9:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

What criminality?

For telling someone to report to the police station?

Which planet were you born?

grin grin Sapa na your mate?

Frustration don make some people's brain to start working on rewind, backwards. Oga o grin
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by DadaHammed: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2023
SMH.. Was it Obaseki's thugs that killed her?.
What kind of country is this? Every 4 years election dey be like war and people must die.

This death pain me..
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Stone03: 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2023
How long shall we continue this way in this country. Is election an high way to the grave for the electorates? This must not go unaccounted for. May God console her family
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Splendor27: 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2023
VikingKing:

Drop location if e sure you. I am daring you.
you are crazy,,,or you want us to locate you....

1 Like

Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by SamOchuko: 11:17pm On Feb 27, 2023
Johnn78:

Verified for real.
Its not fake news o.
Governor Obaseki has gone to pay condolence visit to family of the late woman, 43 years old Elizabeth Owie
https://www.nairaland.com/7588982/governor-obaseki-visits-families-people

My bro, she didn’t die at Ogheghe, it could be where the had issues inside town on Saturday, it is definitely not Ogheghe, I live at Ogheghe, there was no violence during the polls at Ogheghe on Saturday
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 2:13am On Feb 28, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Report to the nearest police station!

😀😀😀🙆‍♂️
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 28, 2023
Nawaoh this fine girl... it shall never be well with apc miscreants, thugs and futureless urchins.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Bros nor dey overdo. Some thread just go offline. Una Sabi draw wahala like magnet.
I see no wrong here... make them report to me or who...
Or maybe ApC.
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by lexy2014: 2:46am On Feb 28, 2023
okuya:
She was such a lovely lady, gunnd down by APC thugs in her polling unit @ ogheghe Benin city Edo state because INEC brought materials late yesterday @ 6pm, her last post was 7:28pm yesterday during the count

those supporting naira scarcity claiming that it will ensure free and fair elections, why did naira scarcity not stop this? how some people came up with their theory that just by redesigning a countrys currency and creating currency scarcity will automatically result in free and fair election is such a mystery
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by NothingDoMe: 3:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Ernezt:

I see no wrong here... make them report to me or who...
Or maybe ApC.
Huh
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by IyanuDeb(f): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
this is pretty sad, curse anyone forcing anyone to go and vote
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

What criminality?

For telling someone to report to the police station?

Which planet were you born?
The koko is that her dead body is better than your miserable self from today going forward. If you quote may die before the month ends
Re: My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
MyFlair:

The koko is that her dead body is better than your miserable self from today going forward. If you quote may die before the month ends

Fvck off and stop composing gibberish!

Did you read what you composed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Policeman Beats A Lady For Refusing To Allow Him Check Her Pants (Photos) / 10-Month-Old Girl Dies After Being Raped By Her Father In US (Photos) / How My Master Deflowered Me In His Wife’s Presence —pregnant 14-yr-old Gir (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.