Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,565 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition (51817 Views)

Battle For 2023: Atiku, PDP Troubled As Wike's Opposition Rises / PDP Crisis: Secondus Accepts Atiku’s Appointment Despite Wike’s Threat / 2023: Northern Senators, Others Upset Over Wike’s Opposition To Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition by DeepSight(m): 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
wirinet:

What do you say about Mahmood Yakubu's assurance to the political parties in November 2022 that the results will be uploaded in real time on Election day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oy5L06zgus

And then his volte-face yesterday when Dino asked him to explain why the results were not posted as promised before he starts announcing the results?

In an ideal world, Dino is right, but it is not an ideal world, it is Nigeria.

Do you deny the probability and likelihood of failure of such tech in the Nigerian environment?

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means saying there hasn't been some hanky panky. But you really can't say you expected it to go seamlessly in Nigeria with such tech. No one who has lived in Nigeria can expect that.

And what do you do when the hitches unavoidably show up?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition by wirinet(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
DeepSight:

In an ideal world, Dino is right, but it is not an ideal world, it is Nigeria.
Even though it's not an ideal world, that doesn't mean we should accept fraud/scams/rigging as normal, and stop striving for idealism. What do you expect dino to do, after numerous assurances from Mahmood Yakubu himself that this would not happen?

Do you deny the probability and likelihood of failure of such tech in the Nigerian environment?
Yes there is a possibly of glitches in the system, but not on the scale as experienced on election day and immidiately after. Various reports from party agents, observers and the general public suggests something more sinister by INEC officials handling the BVAS and IReV. Unexpected failures can be ameliorated or substantially corrected, but INEC did not show any willingness to address the issue.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means saying there hasn't been some hanky panky. But you really can't say you expected it to go seamlessly in Nigeria with such tech. No one who has lived in Nigeria can expect that.

And what do you do when the hitches unavoidably show up?

I still don't understand the kind of glitches that would not make most of the BVAS machines malfunction at the same time and unresolveable for over 2 days when INEC has a fully functional IT department specifically dedicated for that purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition by DeepSight(m): 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
wirinet:

Even though it's not an ideal world, that doesn't mean we should accept fraud/scams/rigging as normal, and stop striving for idealism. What do you expect dino to do, after numerous assurances from Mahmood Yakubu himself that this would not happen?

Yes there is a possibly of glitches in the system, but not on the scale as experienced on election day and immidiately after. Various reports from party agents, observers and the general public suggests something more sinister by INEC officials handling the BVAS and IReV. Unexpected failures can be ameliorated or substantially corrected, but INEC did not show any willingness to address the issue.

I still don't understand the kind of glitches that would not make most of the BVAS machines malfunction at the same time and unresolveable for over 2 days when INEC has a fully functional IT department specifically dedicated for that purpose.

Has it occurred to you that this is the first time we are seeing Governors who contest for the Senate losing elections - about five so far have lost! This is telling - it shows that the new system has worked to an extent, even if not fully and not properly, and even if rigged in many places. We should therefore not through out the baby with the bath water and should be balanced and fair in our assessment.
Re: Atiku Wins Okrika LGA In Rivers, Despite Wike’s Opposition by Cajal(m): 4:47am On Mar 01, 2023
Backpedal:

This describes Tinubu
Not Obi...

Obi has tried his best
I would commend him for that
For dragging our pastors into politics?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

General Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial In Pictures (Videos) / More Graphic Photos Of The Horror Carried Out By Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno / Anger As Appeal Court Sacks 3rd Governor In Opposition Parties In 4 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.