Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election (34987 Views)

Afrocandy: JT Tom West Shot Dead On A Movie Set, He Didn't Die In Car Accident / Abuja EndSARS Protesters Blast Davido, Say 'He Didn't Spend Up To 1 Hour' / Falz Giving Out N1 Million To Support Any Creative Idea (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by almarthins(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2023
Hendrixky:
Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

A big disgrace to the Nigeria youth if at this critical condition of the Nigeria state a sick and mentally not fit man becomes the president again

They have the right to stay neutral
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by dalass(f): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:
This guy would have supported LP

But him dey fear Tinubu thugs.

You enter see inside him and his thoughts ba? grin
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Bozzy001(m): 8:39am On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Must Burna support LP? Why are you so retarded? Must you impose on people who dey should vote for?
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by olawaley12(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2023
Y'all sound like you don't know he said he doesn't like politics! TBH y'all are too quick to Judge... Believe there's no better candidate in the just concluded election
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Tonytonex(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2023
Omicronvaccine:
Popular Nigerian singer, Burna Boy has reacted after being called out for not lending his voice before and during the Nigerian election, IGBERETV reports.

Social media users have slammed him for getting money and fame by singing about Nigeria yet failing to speak up about the elections.

Taking to his Instagram Stories, Burna Boy wrote:

https://instagram.com/stories/burnaboygram/3047473398804239724?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

na selfishness dey make person reason this way.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by obayendo1010(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2023
I have no problems with you not choosing candidate but the fact you didn't even mention anything about Election that's affect the people around you and changes you crave for in most of your song is cowardice... Don't play hero if you don't want to be one.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by frankson1(m): 8:53am On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

He just gave you a reason but you're not reasonable enough to respect and reason his reason.

We all know that all the insults directed at him is because he didn't show support for Obi.

Make una dey try respect other people's opinions, how difficult can this be undecided
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Babastrong(m): 8:54am On Feb 28, 2023
[quote author=Hendrixky post=121327161]Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

A big disgrace to the Nigeria youth if at this critical condition of the Nigeria state a sick and mentally not fit man becomes the president again
[ Why are you so weak like this. Dependable youth.]
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Ckonnet: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2023
Hendrixky:
Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

See I blame Nigerian youths maybe this election will open the eyes of everyone, if not most of these artists should be boycotted.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by frankson1(m): 8:59am On Feb 28, 2023
Ceenachi:
U made a reasonable point Mr. Burna boy but at this situation in Nigeria now, ur point is pointless,,,

If all the celebrities think this way,, then who will back the common citizens like us to have the courage to fight for our right?

Every Nigerian have a huge role to play in this particular election
Everyone's effort matters a lot now

Do you need Burna to push you to go and vote undecided

Okay, since you listen to him, if he had supported any other candidate other than Obi, would you have followed him undecided

Forget all these your stories, we all know that the main reason is that Burna didn't come out to support Obi so stop pretending like you love him and would have followed his direction.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by tenpipsperday: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2023
Ceenachi:
U made a reasonable point Mr. Burna boy but at this situation in Nigeria now, ur point is pointless,,,

If all the celebrities think this way,, then who will back the common citizens like us to have the courage to fight for our right?

Every Nigerian have a huge role to play in this particular election
Everyone's effort matters a lot now

Not just the celebrities alone but if Nigerians think that way. Simply put the dude no get point.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by frankson1(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2023
FidoNido:
If you are over 18yrs and you need someone to tell you who to vote for before you vote then you are a baby.
Why must a celeb tell you who to vote for?
What if he or she is paid by such person for endorsement?

My point exactly.

But, in the real sense, their one and only problem is because, Burna didn't come out to endorse Obi because he would have gotten the same insults and even more if he had endorsed any other candidate other than Obi.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 28, 2023
Nail24:
Some supporters want everybody to support their candidate, they have forgotten that we are in democracy.

Obj that during his time as president, nobody can challenge him, is now Obi supporters spokesperson. Politicians have brainwashed Nigerians. Whoever wins is our president for 4 years. Go to court!!!

Obj na soja na!
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by placeofallure(f): 9:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Hendrixky:
Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

You should find out each of their addresses and go and kill them. Se na dem do you?
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Segzy19: 9:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Wow! As if you live in his mind abi

Una don start again today

AbdulMagaji:

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Isabi4lov: 9:27am On Feb 28, 2023
Houseontherock1:
I'm happy he didn't allow "them" to box him to a corner. Anyone of the three popular candidates will still mess up big time in office. These same people forcing you to choose sides will use it against you when the candidate starts fumbling. Even when you start voicing out against him then, they'll not stop reminding you that you campaigned for him!

Exactly , you don too sabi our people die .

People don't like taking blames on themselves always looking for who to apportion the blames to .

The best man for the job should win , Nigeria will be great again .
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2023
naturefellow:
good! But doesn't change the fact that most of them are hypocrites!

Don't campaign or endorse a particular candidate, it you think it will adversely affect your career. However, exercise your civic duty by voting!
Or else, stop writing or singing songs bout the bad state of the country, and toe the path of a social activist from decades ago when the situation was less critical.

I see your perspective now. Quite true
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by alobright17(m): 9:41am On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

But how would you people campaign for a man like this to rule over 200millions black humans?

Is this not wickedness!

Mugu anyone that didn’t endorse a politician means campaigning for Tinubu ? Onye ala ,

Even if I campaigned for Tinubu tell me which law I broke . Why did you not campaign for kwankwaso ? sowore or Apga e.t.c is it not because is your choice?

So your own choice matters and others choices doesn’t matter? OBI is my choice that won’t make me see who supports Atiku or Tinubu as enemy. Are obi Atiku or Tinubu children online shouting rigging or war ? SMH
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 28, 2023
alobright17:

Mugu anyone that didn’t endorse a politician means campaigning for Tinubu ? Onye ala ,

Even if I campaigned for Tinubu tell me which law I broke . Why did you not campaign for kwankwaso ? sowore or Apga e.t.c is it not because is your choice?

So your own choice matters and others choices doesn’t matter? OBI is my choice that won’t make me see who supports Atiku or Tinubu as enemy. Are obi Atiku or Tinubu children online shouting rigging or war ? SMH

But you should pick a candidate using your common sense not because of personal gratification, affiliate tribe or religion

Such candidate should be willing in fitness to serve the entire nation.

The public office is a place of service. You are required to serve the masses while in such position.

Do you pick your house help because he/she is pretty/wealthy?

Rather you pick one who is fit to serve!

Don't drink akamu and come here to type nonsense
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Litmus: 9:49am On Feb 28, 2023
I respect that Burna did not. Celebrities that aim for the widest fan base and often are supported by people across the political, religious and ethnic spectrum of Nigeria should not be publicly taking sides. Those Nigerian twins, forget thire names (they are Musicians) that publicly endorse or express thire biases and especially ethno based ones are disgraceful.

If Burna hasn't publicly endorsed anyone, he is indeed an inclusive Nigerian musician that deserve the support of all Nigerians interested in what he does for Nigeria by virtue of his example as an international star....
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by alobright17(m): 9:53am On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

But you should pick a candidate using your common sense not because of personal gratification.

Such candidate should be willing in fitness to serve the entire nation.
since none of them was disqualified by the Inec tell me why your mouth or fingers can disqualify them?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by MartinsD12(m): 9:59am On Feb 28, 2023
Omicronvaccine:
Popular Nigerian singer, Burna Boy has reacted after being called out for not lending his voice before and during the Nigerian election, IGBERETV reports.

Social media users have slammed him for getting money and fame by singing about Nigeria yet failing to speak up about the elections.

Taking to his Instagram Stories, Burna Boy wrote:

https://instagram.com/stories/burnaboygram/3047473398804239724?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Burna Boy is very irresponsible, forget the nonsense he sings making it look like he cares for the masses when he doesn't, he is a hypocrite, big kudos to falz the badh guy and Mr macaroni God bless the two of you immensely for always standing for the masses and also to psquare Peter okoye , Paul too and other celebrities not forgetting Kenneth okonkwo Andy God bless all of you and many I couldn't mention here , we won't stop we keep moving forward, obi must reclaim his stolen mandate , if inec no dey fear let them announce agbado make we see .
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by shegra58: 10:09am On Feb 28, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

shey Peter wey support LP Tinubu thug don kill am?

No be everybody dey support failure

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Hokage001(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Hendrixky:
Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

How exactly will their voice or audibility change the situation?
The people that has lent their voice, what impact did it make?
Y'all should stop looking for where to lay blame and think up something else.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Greatechng(m): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2023
olasunkanmii:
African Giant my black ass! Lily livered Odogwu 🤣

God bless that lady
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by Litmus: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2023
Watching the elections from abroad it occurred to me that Nigeria is not yet ready for having polling stations in as many area and ward as possible. The, "extending and widening franchise among as many Nigerians as possible" is an obvious reasoning that is implicit in the aims and goals of practicing Democracy itself. This is besides of making life easier. However rolling out as many polling stations to as many wards as possible in the drive to franchises folks in every nook and cranny of Nigeria and making life easier does not appear to work in Nigeria. The type of Nigerians that my signature applies to is rendering broader spectrum of Nigerians undeserving of an easy voting experience.

Solution:

Until Nigeria perfects a digital form of voting, Nigeria needs to creat huge buildings of the scale of the White House in every state capital. These buildings should be named Election Voting Houses or something. Nigerians should be informed that during national elections, people should go to cast thire votes there. Such buildings would be easier to monitor by Nigeria and the international community. Huge centres like these would be prohibitve for thugs and the usual miscellaneous Election day miscreants. World media would be able to station thire cameras within and outside the buildings. The logistics of securing and monitoring the voting process would be easier for the security services also. Voting should last a month.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by awa(m): 11:27am On Feb 28, 2023
Who cares as if he feed any of us in Nigeria. You can do whatever you want... Your life.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by TheManofTomorrow(m): 11:44am On Feb 28, 2023
Houseontherock1:
I'm happy he didn't allow "them" to box him to a corner. Anyone of the three popular candidates will still mess up big time in office. These same people forcing you to choose sides will use it against you when the candidate starts fumbling. Even when you start voicing out against him then, they'll not stop reminding you that you campaigned for him!

Promoting social participation at the polls doesn't involve supporting any candidate.

A lot of Pastors in the country did it. Doesn't mean they outrightly supported any of the contesting parties.
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by samadeyanju1: 11:49am On Feb 28, 2023
His view point should be respected.His view point should be respected....
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by NLPoliceWoman: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
RTR
Re: Burna Boy Reveals Why He Didn't Support Any Candidate In Nigeria's 2023 Election by shonepa(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Abeg shataap! Na by force to vote nii, dem go support their choice, una go abuse dem die. Make u na just go rest abeg.

U no get data see Davido for Charley boy PU, yet u add em name.

E lo fokan bale!

Hendrixky:
Stupid artist everywhere

Tuface
Burna boy
Wizkid
Davido

All of them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olakunle Churchill: ‘I Am Not A 40 Seconds Man, I'm A Tireless Machine’ / "Buhari Is The Worst President In The World" - Skales Says. / If Anything Happens To Me, It's On You" Ayo Jaguda Tells Davido Following Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.