Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

If You Were To Define Love - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Were To Define Love (13594 Views)

How Do U Define LOVE... / Define Love In A Sentence. / Define Love In Your Own Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were To Define Love by Dondav(m): 8:33am On Sep 14, 2011
No offence @dyt, i think its time u change dat pix. It's getting real OLD!
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Dyt(f): 8:39am On Sep 14, 2011
Nt 4 ur eyes
n stop d constant check on my pix
Re: If You Were To Define Love by buzcenter: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2011
majority carry the vote,love is money, e.g if you do not have work and your wife is employ ,do you think your wife will kneel down for you when you want to serve him for ,ntufuapa,na lie,it is not possible,your wife will never say i love you if you donot have money******That land deal is real (closing 16-09-11)*****
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Dondav(m): 8:49am On Sep 14, 2011
Dyt:

Nt 4 your eyes
n stop d constant check on my pix
Dats a true sign of love and care! Don't u think?
Re: If You Were To Define Love by cinzo: 8:59am On Sep 14, 2011
Love is like an hourglass with the heart filling up as the brain empties
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Dyt(f): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2011
Nope Dave
its nt
my own love doesnt v 2 b stingy
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2011
Love is sex,
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Dondav(m): 9:25am On Sep 14, 2011
Dyt:

Nope Dave
its nt
my own love doesnt v 2 b stingy
Don't even know wat stingy means! I share everythn i hav and i am. . With my partner to be!
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Ben13: 10:29am On Sep 14, 2011
Love this. . .

"Love doesn't need a definition, it defines us in the moment we live and give it! If someone can give you a reason to why they love you, they don't love you, they like you. Love is based on emotion not definition." MrPrsdent
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Toonice(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2011
for some unserious guy out there. LOVE is eat and run.

For serious guys. LOVE is abeg a dey come first make i think am wel
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 14, 2011
In any relationship,Love is a deliberate effort to tend to the needs of others while attending to yours.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by emmatok(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2011
Dyt:

love s nt stingy
Yes oo

For women love=money
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
Love is a sincere sacrifice and commitment well being of others including urself wink
Re: If You Were To Define Love by pinkrex(m): 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2011
Love is an action of communication between emotions that reveals endless meanings,  smiley
Re: If You Were To Define Love by HISchild: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
GOD is love, praise GOD!

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." -1 John 4:7-10

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23

For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” - Rom 6:23
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 1:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
@amb, I have neva suffered for it once nt to talk of tasting it, I duno it
Re: If You Were To Define Love by MMM2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2011
luv is fu embarassedembarassedembarassedembarassed
Re: If You Were To Define Love by amblors(m): 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
browniecay:

@amb, I have neva suffered for it once nt to talk of tasting it, I duno it

aite, my bad then.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Ikroberts: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2011
love is all about feeling and carering. if you are in love you Will see what am telling you.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Dyt(f): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2011
Emmatok
anyth u lyk call it
Dave so tell me wat u ll share wit me. . . . .Emmatok
anyth u lyk call it
Dave so tell me wat u ll share wit me. . . . .
Re: If You Were To Define Love by claremont(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
Interesting and varied responses to a simple question here! grin

Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2011
love is blind 00000000000000000000000000
Re: If You Were To Define Love by annyplenty(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2011
LOVE is the death of JESUS CHRIST for the sins of mankind on the cross.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Iranoladun(f): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
Love is endless
Love is permanent
Love is unconditional
Love is forever
Re: If You Were To Define Love by tEsLim(m): 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
Love is a false illusive state of mind, often misunderstood for sex or lust, which is real. Sex is real and true - physically and emotionally, because you truely know it when you are Being Intimate, unlike the doubtful state of love, which basically depends on denied mutual benefits between two or more partners. And in some cases preference or likeness for a particular partner could be seen as something special, which is sometimes interpreted to being in-love with the preferred one. In a nutshell when there is nothing mutual to share there is no LOVE, just sentiments that wears out later.

Even the biblical God wants us to thank him for the 'LOVE' he's showing us cheesy  Love probably exist but its just as over-rated as the word TRUST
Re: If You Were To Define Love by amblors(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2011
they are few absolutes in life.
such as DEATH, you're either dead or your not. although people could say half-dead, in that case you're not dead.
you're either ALIVE or you're not.

does this apply to LOVE?

Iranoladun:

Love is endless
Love is permanent
Love is unconditional
Love is forever

this defines absolute love, love without blemish.
I doubt this exists,
so we're left with CONDITIONAL LOVE,
you know, the one with IF'S & BECAUSE.

I love him/her because,

Conditional Love expires.
Cheating kills Conditional love most of the time,
People forgive but cannot forget,
People forgive but cannot continue with the relationship.

Conditional Love can be defined as an individual pleases,
some would call it companionship,
for some its a mix of that and sex
Re: If You Were To Define Love by babeface3: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
BOXER defines love as a bondage. Na wa oh the way the whole women dey jump into this thread! grin
Re: If You Were To Define Love by God2man(m): 7:20pm On Sep 14, 2011
Is it agape love,spontaneous and divine love or lust or carnal love which one are we defining? Well, divine love is more eternal than lust. Read your bible.1corinthians 13:1-end: you will get the best defnition of agape love. The following are the interpretations of the bible verse about divine love: 1. Courtesy: love in society, does not behave unseemly; always polite; at home with everybody;never rude. 2. Good temper: love in disposition: never irritated; never resentful.3. Generosity: not envious or jealous. 4. Humilty:love in hiding: no parade: works then retires. 5.sincerity: never boastful and conceited; not a hyocrite: always honest.never self assertive, does not blaze out in passionate anger, knows how to be silent, full of trust;always present 6. Patience: love passive: no hurry; suffers long; bears,believes,hopes and endures all things.7.kindness: love in action: never acts rashly or insolent, not inconsistent, puffed up, or proud.8. Unselfishness, love in essence: never selfish,sour, or bitter, seeks only Good of others; does not retaliate or seek revenge. These are the explanation i got from dake annotated refrence bible. God bless you. God2man.verybody;never rude. 2. Good temper: love in disposition: never irritated; never resentful.3. Generosity: not envious or jealous. 4. Humilty:love in hiding: no parade: works then retires. 5.sincerity: never boastful and conceited; not a hyocrite: always honest.never self assertive, does not blaze out in passionate anger, knows how to be silent, full of trust;always present 6. Patience: love passive: no hurry; suffers long; bears,believes,hopes and endures all things.7.kindness: love in action: never acts rashly or insolent, not inconsistent, puffed up, or proud.8. Unselfishness, love in essence: never selfish,sour, or bitter, seeks only Good of others; does not retaliate or seek revenge. These are the explanation i got from dake annotated refrence bible. God bless you. God2man.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 7:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
Much has been written and said about love. However, its concept has been often distorted. Perhaps the biggest mistake is to brand physical form of love between man and woman sinful. Love in its nature is only spiritual. Physical (erotic) love is its reflection in the physical plane. Physical love is natural and desired by God. How could people even accept the idea that naturalness given by the Creator, which gives rise to all biological life, is sinful? Has nobody realized how huge is the amount of energy emanating from sexual power? Has nobody noticed how two clean people in love shine?

It is followed by another distortion, which is to declare women as an inferior being. For centuries, women were used as exchange goods for heifers, territories, Kingdoms. After such trade, in which love had no place, the ritual of a priest supposedly sanctified sexual abuse of women by men and got rid of its sinfulness! We could long ago have figured out that the quality of love between man and woman determines the quality of the next generation. How different are children conceived out of love from children arising from sex!

The third perversity and negation of love is fornication. Fornication is a sexual intercourse without spiritual and mental love. Thus, sex for money, for peace in marriage, out of erotic curiosity, out of vanity, self-abuse, early sex, homosexuality, sex between relatives, perversion, and especially sex for pleasure. If sexual relation is based on spiritual love, its motive is the will to give partner tenderness, to balance sexual charge of partner’s spirit. So, it is about giving! If sexual relation is based on selfishness, its motivation is to take pleasure for oneself. As a result of these conflicting motives: to give – to take, energetic actions from erotic process take place completely differently. If the motive is to give, then the partner is given energy and thanks to love, he feels energized, balanced and happy. He does not feel tired! However, if the motive is to take, then the spirit of partner is deprived from energy and the result is feeling tired, disgusted by carnality, having a feeling that the world is futile. God forbade people from fornication for their own good! The result of fornication is loss of sexual and vital power. It does not matter whether it happens within marriage or outside it.

The fourth distortion is surrounding the processes of physical love by a veil of secrecy.

Light has no secrets. Young people should be fully informed. However, the role to instruct is often undertaken by people to whom there is nothing but just the physical matter. Those people are learned sexologists, as if love could be studied! What can they say about spirituality and sentiments, which are precondition for true love? They can only teach how to fornicate! In their opinion, the purpose of sexual act is discharge of sexual power, so-called sexual gratification, not giving partner the sexual power.

Another manifestation of distortion and ignorance is the claim that the sole purpose of sexual connection is to have children. The ideal is represented by a family of twelve children whose parents cannot even properly support them, cannot raise them responsibly and give them adequate attention. The result is not paradise on earth, which we are supposed to build, but the valley of tears where only hope for “heaven after death” is well sold. Wisdom of love also includes conscious parenthood!

The sixth manifestation of distortion is acting against creativity, hence also against creativity of love. Numbness and stereotype result in loss of joy of love.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by yesboss20(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
Love is a word that comes and goes, but few pple really know what it truly means to love smbdy.
It is a feeling that can't be described appositely except experienced firsthand.
Re: If You Were To Define Love by browniecay: 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2011
love is jst a word, until someone comes and gives it a meaning
Re: If You Were To Define Love by Natasha2(f): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2011
then i won't define it at all cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ma Girlfriend Is A Virgin, How Do We Make Love Without Hurtin Her? / See Hot Photos Of This Dwarf Slay Queen That’s Setting Instagram On Fire / Wealth Or Love? (If You Had to Pick One)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.