Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. (1622 Views)

Lord have mercy / Six Things Men Lie Mostly About / Why Do Men Lie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by bookione: 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2007
Sometimes I think the world would be a wonderful peacful place to live in without men. Why do men lie so much. It is very hard to come accross a man that will honestly be in a relationship with a woman without lying about himself, his other dating partners, his marital status, sex life, who he really loves and many more. Why are men like that. Can't they just tell the truth and not bring complications in relationships.

How come most men who play a lot of games with women end up marrying women that you will never believe they will ever be with in life.

http://www.yourchristianzone.com
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2007

I often times wander that myself. Hopefully one of the gentlemen would be kind to step up and help the ladies understand abit more,
Sure would be helpful in alleviating heartbreak sometimes, , thats for sure,

love & light.

Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by tukur2002n(m): 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2007
Hi guyz,
i can feel the passion that burn in u all but don't be so conclusive in using the word men , since not all men lie to their patner .
one of the major reason why i think most men lie is the fact that they at times feel in secured in the realtionship or their is a complex between the guy and the partner. if all guyz can face reality and let the devil be ashamed we will all live a peaceful and lovely life 2gether.
thanx
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2007

of all people, i knew my lil bro would come up with a positive reflection of men, as always, love ya dearly 4 that encouragement Wales,

love & light.,
big sis smiley

Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by aikmamah1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2007
i was with chika ( a girl) just lying down and chilling after some rounds of sex, it was getting late and the rain has started falling so dias no way sld would be able to go home that night, besides i would be travelling the next day and she does not want me out of her sight, then her boy friend called, he wanted to know where she is so that he would come and pick her up as it was raining "honey i am in my girl friends house and i will pass the night dia, i will c u 2moro", yes i knew she has a boy friend, but she wants me so? but the issue is that she lied, we all do its not a man's thing
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by tukur2002n(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2007
Posted by: SwtNsoFLyy
Insert Quote

of all people, i knew my little bro would come up with a positive reflection of men, as always, love ya dearly 4 that encouragement Wales,

love & light.,
big sis

lol!!
big sis u gat my back always one love. cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by walemania(m): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2007
That has always been one of my biggest pet peeves. It just seems ridiculous to me to lie, especially when, eventually, the truth comes out. I have heard all the drag that people use to explain why they lie about certain issues, but I do not buy any of it. I do not buy the fact that a lie is ok to protect a person's feelings, and I do not buy the whole "big lie, little lie" theory either. In my eyes, a lie is simply a lie; the size does not matter. My friends and I were talking last weekend, and we joked about writing a book entitled "I Hate People Who Lie!"

We were playing around, but during our conversation true feelings and emotions surfaced. I could feel my own anxiety as I reflected on how many times I have been misled and hurt by someone lying to me. In the end, we all agreed that lies are extremely hurtful, even if they are not intended to be. We also agreed that lies in a relationship should not be tolerated and in some cases should be grounds for an immediate end to the relationship.

I am speculating that I encounter a lie at least 20 times a day. The number is probably a little higher, but I would like to believe that for the most part, people are honest. The number increases significantly when you mix single and not so single people in a setting like a club or a bar. You see when you are trying to impress someone or get your groove on, I think you are more prone to lie to get what you want. I have had hands on experiences with men who lie about everything from the type of job they have, where they live, their marital status, right down to the type of car they drive.

I try my best to judge people on their character and not on looks and material possessions. However, it is hard to act civil when you find out through someone else that a man/woman who initially told you he/she was a teacher at a school actually turns out to be the janitor. How are you supposed to respond to someone who is constantly making up the lamest excuses for everything? Are you supposed to be forgiving? I do not think so because if you lie about the small, insignificant things in life, it is likely that you will lie about serious matters as well.

Honesty is the key to any relationship. If you do not trust your partner then the relationship will not last. Even if you are out to just have a good time, you should let the other person decide whether he/she want to be in that type of situation. I know that seems unrealistic to you players out there because lies and deceit are all a part of the game. I just personally would respect someone more if that person said, "Hey, I don't want a relationship, I just want to have fun" versus someone who lies about their intentions and then leaves when things start heating up. I'm not going to say that I'm an angel either; I have lied about things that I shouldn't have, and I also suffered the consequences for my actions ten times over. This is why I try to be as honest and up front as possible with the people I date.

I do not want any one to think that I believe that only men lie either; that is simply not true, by any means. Women lie as much as men and there are some women who are not willing to lose their player status by being honest. I just think it is pointless and actually more trouble than it is worth because, as we all know, one lie usually leads to another and another. Stories eventually become jumbled up and after a while, even the person who initiated the lie does not know what the truth is any more.

I think the key to happiness is being honest with yourself and others. I do not know many people who would fault a person for being up front and letting them get to know the real you. If the real you doesn't please that person, then do what I do: walk away because there is someone out there that will want you for you. Do not lie and deceive people to try to make them like you, and definitely do not lie in an attempt to take advantage of another person. Believe me when I say, you reap what you sow; so don't put all that bad karma out there and think that it won't come back to you. It will come back, and its return will likely be when you have finally decided to be honest and commit yourself to a relationship. In other words, "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

I THINK WITH THIS WE ALL KNOW THAT WE ALL SHOULD BELIEVE THAT BOTH MALE AND FEMALES LIES!!!
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by sammy6(m): 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2007
Yeah right,women lie too
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by aikmamah1(m): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2007
@ walemania
cld nt read ur stuff, rather too long
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by bookione: 11:38pm On Aug 30, 2007
Yes, it is true that wome lies but, not as bad as men. Eventhough a lie is a lie but there are lies that gets people hurt or damages people including children for life. Check out all the men that are dating now and see how much truth is in their mouth. You can find a handful of men that are really really honest. They play on women's emotions and believe it is alright and fun. If you have lived abroad you will begin to understand the extent of the lies that men tell there. Nigerian men in particular. They lie without consicience. A lot of them are married and have kids. Nigerian women be very careful. Most of these men coming home to marry you guys are already married a couple of times abroad, have kids and you won't know and they won't tell you. The ones that are married at home will go abroad and marry there also without letting the wife at home know about it. What has happened to consciense and honesty/ fear of God.

Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by lololo(m): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2007
@walemania U tink sey na school u day abi , see all ur reply, na wow oooh
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by bookione: 10:48pm On Sep 06, 2007
Go sit down, waiting be your own. Na jelosi de catch you. Me self I don't try be this one with broken English. As I no dey live for niger.
Re: Why Do Men Lie So Much! God Have Mercy. by bookione: 10:50pm On Sep 06, 2007
Jelosi don de catch you man wey come write response like this. Waiting.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Cliche "Time Heals" Really True? / She's Hurting Me / I Am Pregnant But We Cant Afford A Church Wedding Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.