Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT (599 Views)

South-East To Sue FG, Demands Creation Of 6th State; To Demand For Trillions / Wike Is FCT Minister, Umahi Works Minister - Vanguard / CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT by TooMuchStuff: 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
It's now obvious that Igbos have taken and adopted FCT as it's own 6th state like every other geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
Record from INEC shows that over 60% of registered voters in FCT have Igbo names or from SS n SE igbos.

Gbagyis are now minority voters in their ancestral lands. We put Ireti in Senate and Ugochukwu in HOR by strictly Igbos voting power.

We waiting for the amendment to make FCT a state so that we plant our Gov or mayoral regent.

Lagos is also going same way soon. Igbo Gov of Lagos is within reach in the next decade.

NYSC posting, Trading, Civil Service, ICT, Constructions, Tech services and Hotels n Gardens are the major attractions that kept Igbo population growing every day in Abuja. Together we build the nation Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT by LocalStandard1(m): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
I do not know if you're just trying to start a fight or cause confusion here but you're wrong.

The Igbos adapt very easily, especially in a Christian dominated areas and even the SS. Personally I think they do better at it than Hausas and Yorubas(I've lived among them in KD).

The most populated "tribe" (if you will) are the Christian Northerners. But like many other Northern States, you do not hear issue together with Igbos and it became easy to assimilate.

Or maybe you also want to say Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba even Southern Kaduna are also Igbo dominated.

2 Likes

Re: The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT by Simeonjoe1: 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2023
I don't know if this is trying to insinuate tribal conflict which I clearly detest but here's one thing about the Ibos.

Provide an enabling environment, infrastructure and good middle class population an ibo man will strive and excel in such environment. The main reason why Abuja and Lagos is dominated by industrious and successful Igbo people.

The first region that could easily transform to first world infrastructure is the south east region. If Nigeria is generating really good money with proper percentage going to the SE, SE stand a proper and faster chance for adequate first world transformation

1 Like

Re: The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT by DMerciful(m): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2023
The Op is a mischievous fellow pretending to be Igbo

3 Likes

Re: The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
DMerciful:
The Op is a mischievous fellow pretending to be Igbo

I tell ya.

3 Likes

Re: The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT by TooMuchStuff: 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
LocalStandard1:
I do not know if you're just trying to start a fight or cause confusion here but you're wrong.

The Igbos adapt very easily, especially in a Christian dominated areas and even the SS. Personally I think they do better at it than Hausas and Yorubas(I've lived among them in KD).

The most populated "tribe" (if you will) are the Christian Northerners. But like many other Northern States, you do not hear issue together with Igbos and it became easy to assimilate.

Or maybe you also want to say Plateau, Nasarawa, Taraba even Southern Kaduna are also Igbo dominated.
Facts are facts.
Igbo population is growing fast.

1 Like

Re: The 6th State Of Igbos Is FCT by AdaojoTheUrchin: 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
TooMuchStuff:
It's now obvious that Igbos have taken and adopted FCT as it's own 6th state like every other geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
Record from INEC shows that over 60% of registered voters in FCT have Igbo names or from SS n SE igbos.

Gbagyis are now minority voters in their ancestral lands. We put Ireti in Senate and Ugochukwu in HOR by strictly Igbos voting power.

We waiting for the amendment to make FCT a state so that we plant our Gov or mayoral regent.

Lagos is also going same way soon. Igbo Gov of Lagos is within reach in the next decade.

NYSC posting, Trading, Civil Service, ICT, Constructions, Tech services and Hotels n Gardens are the major attractions that kept Igbo population growing every day in Abuja. Together we build the nation Nigeria.

Urchin looking to attract hate to the Igbos.
You tried for donkey years to set the SS against the SE, yet the SS and even the Edos who are even closer to you yoruba in culture and language voted massively for Peter Obi. grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Is There Still Shortage Of Money After Election?? / Afenifere Backs Gbadebo Rhodes Says Partisan Royal Fathers Will Face Consequence / Someone Who Has Not Stayed In Office For 1 Year Built A University -WIKE Tackles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.