Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani (47784 Views)

Tribunal: Full List Of The Supreme Court Judges Who Declared 25% In FCT A MUST. / INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must / FCT: A Run Off Is Likely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by truthfinder319: 3:22pm On Mar 02, 2023
This one is just fooling himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Zico5(m): 3:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
This election really pained Igbo. Even their scholars can't even reason like normal human being again. Abuja ke, I have not heard this before o

3 Likes

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by glozyyy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
We shall hear from the Supreme court. The world is already watching them keenly.
See forget the world watching cus they have been watching since wen things are going the wrong direction and nothing happened. I have no faith in the judiciary as far the case is against someone in power cus they will always pitch their tent with the one with power

2 Likes

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by GorillaApp(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
kollinzgee:
To gain admission into a university you must have at least 5 credits in five subjects with math and english.
Saying tinubu won the election withoue 25% in fct means you are saying you just need 5credits wthout maths and english to gain admission.
Well explained. Only if they Will agree
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by chuksbobby12: 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
kollinzgee:
To gain admission into a university you must have at least 5 credits in five subjects with math and english.
Saying tinubu won the election withoue 25% in fct means you are saying you just need 5credits wthout maths and english to gain admission.

Many Northerners gain admission with JAMB attempt. The score doesn't matter.
Even without 5 credits in WAEC.
the truth is that Nigerians are not ready and willing to do the right thing.
That's just it,
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by 0monnak0da: 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
I continue to use this example
Man dies and in his will he says
Divide my property equally between mY four sons AND my one daughter

Does this mean the daughter gets half and the four sons get the other half?

3 Likes

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by nedekid: 3:26pm On Mar 02, 2023
shizzle1:
Olaniyi, any day you make sense it will be the 9th wonder

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Demolakay: 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
DaTruths:
Which one is win Abuja again, I thought it's about having 25% in Abuja??

Well, what do I know.

He didn't av 25% in Abuja
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by 0monnak0da: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in AbujaKindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in AbujaKindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja Kindly tell us what percentage Yar'adua got in Abuja
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by fabuloz1(m): 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
kollinzgee:
Because you want to sound correct, you are twisting things. It says, "you must have at least 5 credits in 5 subjects [/b]including[b]maths and English. Note the difference. If the constitution says, including Abuja, nobody would deliberate on this

1 Like

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by femtex007(m): 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
WATCHOVER:

Am not Igbo I bet you need a hot slap for talking like a child! You must always listen to message not the messenger.
What he said is 100% correct but looking at the recent sceneries conducted by Supreme Court one is afraid justice might not be served.
Our Judiciary has now become a scam
No. He's wrong. Constitution said 25 states including fct
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Philanderboy(m): 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by femtex007(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
basilo102:
Abuja is regarded as a state in the law but "and" is conjucive. Therefore 25% is compulsory in " Abuja state"
Don't mind them
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by femtex007(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2023
kollinzgee:
Empty skull
Go and read the constitution
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Broveens42(m): 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
COMPAQ:

Exactly. I'm shocked how learned people are taking that 'AND' to mean must win Abuja!!

The 'AND' means must win 25% in 1/3rd of the 36 Sates and Abuja. Because Abuja is not strictly a state, the word 'And' was used to add it to that requirement. If it were a state, it would have been 25% in 1/3rd of the 37 states.

So a candidate would win 30 states, win 25% in all 36 states and FCT, but because he didnt WIN Abuja specifically, he wont be President!? How stupid would that be?

A rerun could happen 10 times and that could still be the same scenario. The guy might never win Abuja because the guy he's contesting against is from there.

Your last two paragraphs gave you away. The Constitution committee should have thought about that when they used the word 'and' for whatever reason.
Why would you mention a name and suggest that the conjunctive word ' and' to a name 'fct' doesn't mean compulsory 25% in fct ? Lol

You need 50% in 7 science subjects and maths to gain admission ...
Maths is a compulsory requirement even when you can't categorically say it's a science subject, because it is also required by arts students... You see all these blabla I said doesn't matter... The conjunctive word, made the name compulsory
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Dchampion65: 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
The lawyers are stylishly advertising. Everyone wants to lick out the soup.

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by IbrahimSkiba(f): 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
WATCHOVER:

Am not Igbo I bet you need a hot slap for talking like a child! You must always listen to message not the messenger.
What he said is 100% correct but looking at the recent sceneries conducted by Supreme Court one is afraid justice might not be served.
Our Judiciary has now become a scam

God bless you. Don't mind the tribal bigot
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by rayopt(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Don't you know that 1 vote in a Abuja means 36 votes elsewhere... grin

LOL cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by MightySparrow: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2023
basilo102:

Thiefnubuu is wasting his time. Imagine 19% in Abuja?

What will now happen to about 2million difference?

Lawyers, looking for job I don't trust them.
What will Atiku that came second do?

I am Obidient but truth be told we don't have structure.
It takes structure to rig affectively.

2 Likes

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by boxypane(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2023
Useless SAN. They are the ones turning Nigeria upside down.

1 Like

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Gentew(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2023

1 Like

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by 27Pushing30: 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2023
basilo102:
Abuja is regarded as a state in the law but "and" is conjucive. Therefore 25% is compulsory in " Abuja state"

SAN dey find MONEY you dey here dey talk english

You think say the SAN no know?? ROTFL

2 Likes

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by STINEKPROJECTS1: 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2023
kollinzgee:
you’re being ignorant and it’ll affect you. Did the constitution quote “with” or “and”?
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Gentew(m): 3:36pm On Mar 02, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
We shall hear from the Supreme court. The world is already watching them keenly.

Supreme court has already decided the case before now.

1 Like

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Mylove55(f): 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
franchasofficia:
I was shocked when Yakubu declared Tinubu the winner instead of declaring the election inconclusive angry

meaning your wife will be among the 5 guests.
36 state and fct=37.
Because fct is among the state,
That is 2/3=25 state of 25%.
Just that idiotic pigs knows the truth but they want to be consoling themselves
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by ejimatic: 3:43pm On Mar 02, 2023
AlexReports:

https://barristerng.com/without-winning-fct-a-president-cannot-be-legally-declared-ozoani/
If section 229 says FCT is a state that means it can be view as Lagos and 30 states with 25 percent of BAT make him qualify to be declared as the president.
Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Walexy0071(m): 3:44pm On Mar 02, 2023
Fighter2029:
If Inec like,they should not only give the drug lord certificate of return,they should also give him certificate of going,Tinubu is not and will never be Nigeria president,he is simply the reject of Nigerians.

Get used to it,Tinubu is President elect
Tinubu will be sworn in
You can go to afganeastern or Biafra
Tinubu is your president.

1 Like

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by Broveens42(m): 3:45pm On Mar 02, 2023
STINEKPROJECTS1:
you’re being ignorant and it’ll affect you. Did the constitution quote “with” or “and”?

Stop trying to play smart.. he only used the word 'with' because you have two compulsory subjects joined by the word 'and'

You can either say...you need 5 subjects with maths and English to gain admission or

Or when a folk isn't taking either of the compulsory subjects like maths seriously, you can advise.. "hope you know you need 5 subjects and maths to gain admission?

If Lagos and Abuja are compulsory 25% .. then it will go thus:
You need 25% in 24 states 'with' Lagos and Abuja ...
Or more appropriately 'including' in place of 'with'

1 Like

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by UncommonLogic: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
Emeka grin
That explains it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani by SmartyPants(m): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
Vitally123:

And means : 1. 2. plus .....
a, b, c, d. plus...additional

Wole, John, James, Ngo, Timi, Musa, Eno, Ese plus...additional.

Is it now clear to you? Abegi, get sense ooo.

24 states and ...Abuja-Nigeria. Is it now clear to you? Abeg, get small sense!!!

What are you on about? If I said go and bring 11 boys from SS1 and SS2, how many boys will you bring?
I don't have the energy to debate with your likes. You can take it or leave it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sword Crossing At Captain Gana’s Wedding (photos) / James Ocholi's Wife Interview On Motherhood And Dying On Mothers Day / Oby Ezekwesili: Zuckerberg's Visit Is A Stellar Achievement For Nigerian Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.