Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku (43939 Views)

Akeredolu: "Tinubu Is The Capone Of South-West & South-South" / Ondo APC Primary: Presidency Favours Akeredolu, Tinubu Camp Shocked Over Abraham / Governor Akeredolu, Tinubu Meet, Resolve To Work Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by TheRareGem1(f): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2023
Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo state, says Bola Tinubu, the president-elect, has set up a committee to meet with presidential candidates of other parties for reconciliation.

He said the committee comprises elders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Akeredolu spoke on Wednesday in Abuja during the presentation of the certificate of return to Tinubu and Kashim Shetima, vice president-elect.

Tinubu secured 8,794,726 votes to defeat Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who got 6,984,520 votes, and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) who polled 6,101,533 votes.

In a statement signed by Richard Olatunde, his chief press secretary, Akeredolu said the election reflects the wishes of the electorate.

The governor added that every aggrieved person will be met for reconciliation.

“The president-elect has set up committees to meet with the gentlemen who contested in the election for us to start the healing process. I belong to one of the committees. We are going to meet them and appeal to them so that we can work together,” he said.

“This is an election that was not padded. People who voted were counted, that is the way I see it, not one which shows millions of votes. You can see the candidates, everyone won 12 states each, it has never been like that before.”

The governor said the votes recorded by APC candidates in Ondo show the love of the people for his administration, adding that the people “willingly” supported his clamour for a southern president

“Ondo people are progressives and we will always, at least, be on the side of progressivism. From the onset, we were at the forefront of clamour for a southern president and so we have to put everything we had into it and we got the support, that is why we are able to make it,” he said.
https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-has-set-up-reconciliation-committee-to-meet-with-obi-atiku-says-akeredolu/amp

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Johnthum(m): 8:15am On Mar 02, 2023
Inconsequential!

Before general elections, Buhari started disturbing Nigerians on the need to use BVAS, Buhari took the matter to the Senate to look into it and approve it.

To cut the story short, Senate President the rubber stamp Senator endorsed it as usual.

After general elections, Senate president came out and denied the use of BVAS, claiming that they never approved BVAS.

My problem now is, what about all the billions approved for the so called BVAS machine, did Buhari put the money in his Bank account, or Ahmed Lawan took the money

I advise EFCC to arrest Buhari immediately he leaves office. The amount of embezzlement of public funds going on in this APC administration is alarming.

I keep telling people that Buhari is a pretender, he is just like the more you look the less you see 💯

494 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by AdaojoTheUrchin: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2023
Reconcilation will be after all stolen votes are returned and recounted. Then we will know who lost and who really won.

442 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Dreal1247: 8:17am On Mar 02, 2023
Let them go and meet the Nigerian youths with whose destiny they are toying with. After praising those who tamed crocodile, he wants reconciliation. I trust Obi. He will never disappoint the youths of this country. No apology for the victims of ENDSARS. Nigerians must take our country back from holigans.

306 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Winnersunited: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2023
TheRareGem1:
Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo state, says Bola Tinubu, the president-elect, has set up a committee to meet with presidential candidates of other parties for reconciliation.

He said the committee comprises elders of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Akeredolu spoke on Wednesday in Abuja during the presentation of the certificate of return to Tinubu and Kashim Shetima, vice president-elect.

https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-has-set-up-reconciliation-committee-to-meet-with-obi-atiku-says-akeredolu/amp
Tinubu secured 8,794,726 votes to defeat Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who got 6,984,520 votes, and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) who polled 6,101,533 votes.

In a statement signed by Richard Olatunde, his chief press secretary, Akeredolu said the election reflects the wishes of the electorate.

The governor added that every aggrieved person will be met for reconciliation.

“The president-elect has set up committees to meet with the gentlemen who contested in the election for us to start the healing process. I belong to one of the committees. We are going to meet them and appeal to them so that we can work together,” he said.

“This is an election that was not padded. People who voted were counted, that is the way I see it, not one which shows millions of votes. You can see the candidates, everyone won 12 states each, it has never been like that before.”

The governor said the votes recorded by APC candidates in Ondo show the love of the people for his administration, adding that the people “willingly” supported his clamour for a southern president

“Ondo people are progressives and we will always, at least, be on the side of progressivism. From the onset, we were at the forefront of clamour for a southern president and so we have to put everything we had into it and we got the support, that is why we are able to make it,” he said.
I thought Alahaji Tinubu said it's an insult to mention the name of Peter Obi. Now, he mentions Obi more than the name of his wife. People should stop playing God.

234 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Dreal1247: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2023
These rogues are really taking Nigerians for granted. They don't fear God. Yet they never regard the people.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Pandev(m): 8:20am On Mar 02, 2023
It would have been terrible to miss the opportunity of electing Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as Nigeria president. I hope everybody cooperate and support him to achieve Nigeria of our dreams. #MoreLove-LessEgo

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:22am On Mar 02, 2023
Tinubu love for Obi is still there. The man obi is very intelligent.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Legal001: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2023
Hmmm
guilty conscience, he should also set up a reconciliation committee for the youths whose mandate was stolen

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by DMerciful(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2023
We're not interested. We Obidients will meet Batists at the court

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2023
Bible made it clear that a thief must return what he stole. He stole the people mandate and must return it. SIMPLE

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Solofresh2: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2023
It means he was rigged in then
Obie should go to court if he is not satisfied

22 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by PrinceOfLagos: 8:24am On Mar 02, 2023
And Tinubu urchins are on Nairaland fooling themselves grin

Tinubu is obviously scared he might lose the presidential seat to Obi or Atiku at the tribunal , baba quickly set up reconsoliatory committee to beg

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Mindlog: 8:25am On Mar 02, 2023
“If there is to be reconciliation, first there must be truth.”― Timothy B. Tyson

133 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2023
How can Tinubu set up a reconciliation committee to reconcile parties in an election that was openly rigged and in what capacity exactly?

Why are these people taking us for fools?

Its like Lawrence Anini setting up a reconciliation committee to investigate armed robbery allegations.

Ko le werk nau!

Now, i am really angry and i have to go drink a glass of Martini on ice!

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Tonylyte(m): 8:30am On Mar 02, 2023
Peace is never the absence of war, peace is the presence of equity and fairplay!

This matter is bigger than going to meet obi for deliberation even. Obi is not the one controlling the masses, we do so subconsciously. If Obi eventually gives in to them, we will make him our enemy too. We want justice and justice must be served.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Ahuitzotl: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2023
Reconciliation for what? Over the brazen theft? Ok so if I raped Akeredolu's daughter and called him for reconciliation would he accept it? If not to seek legal redress or at best, call for my head? Thiefffnubu's geng should not jump the cart, let them wait for the legal fireworks to cool off and if they are still on seat then reconciliation can happen ..

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Racoon(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2023
Tinubu colluded with INEC to rig an election but now sets up a peace and reconciliation committee? This heroin-drug baron must be the biggest joker.Shameless criminal!

62 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Racoon(m): 8:35am On Mar 02, 2023
Pandev:
It would have been terrible to miss the opportunity of electing Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as Nigeria president. I hope everybody cooperate and support him to achieve Nigeria of our dreams. #MoreLove-LessEgo
The criminal drug baron was not elected, but imposed via voter’s intimidation, rigging, ballot box snatching, brigandage, corruption, criminality, and lawlessness.

He will surely meet his Waterloo alongside all you lots supporting this evil.See what Gandollar caught shamelessly stuffing dollar bribe into his babanriga bullion van agbada is saying. This is the same man Tinubu hailed for fighting corruption in Kano.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Anatakuebira: 8:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Way to go. And for those crying for INEC to be reformed, I trust the president Elect will do justice to that. Jagaban!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by LesbianBoy(m): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Tinubu thinks he has sense. He thinks he can hurt a lot of people and bribe them to be calm and call for peace

He must be joking!

For those who think tinubu would deliver and there would be peace. There can never be peace because this was when an igbo man should have finally become president and peace would finally be in the country but him and his APC thieves stole the mandate in the most ridiculous manner sef. angry

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Nazgul: 8:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Las Las we go de alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by temitope27(m): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Nice movement

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Goodlady(f): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Good move. See why people are supporting him, cos he has brain. Though he eats agbado, garri and ewa, the nutrients there are so good that he keeps staying abreast of his political opponents.
I recommend agbado diets for all unrepentant I must suffer Obidients that are so daft to accept defeat in peace. You all v options.
1. Go to court
2. Do your worst!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by baralatie(m): 8:36am On Mar 02, 2023
Now
That is a sweet move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by FuckDModz: 8:37am On Mar 02, 2023
grin

Trust any politician at your peril.

After the meeting, their ringtones will change.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by oluwaseyi0: 8:37am On Mar 02, 2023
Atiku selfishness should be fully blamed for Tinubu emergence

The idiot should have supported Obi

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Tribal: 8:37am On Mar 02, 2023
A true Omoluabi he is. Our Code is "Hatred for non, Love for all"

Like if you know Yorubas are truly the very accommodating People, share if not.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by Itzteewhy(m): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2023
In my entire life I have never seen Nigeria so gloomy and quiet after a president is elected.

No celebration or glamour-ish. From North to South everywhere is just quiet.

Indeed this election is becoming interesting day by day

34 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by SHINJA: 8:37am On Mar 02, 2023
Tinubu is really stupid

You tinubu will never rule this country

Obi is our president

God bless Southsouth and Southwest

27 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Tinubu Has Set Up A Reconciliation Committee To Meet With Obi, Atiku by KingOfTheDamned: 8:37am On Mar 02, 2023
Rubbish

You robbed someone and want to do reconciliation? Bastards

29 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Living In Fear Of Abba Kyari By Tunji Ajibade / Controversy Over Position Of Tinubu's Youth Minister / Sunday Igboho's Extradition Hearing Holds Today (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.