Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court (41739 Views)

CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today / Election Spending: Politicians Move To Bypass Cash Withdrawal Limit / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by baralatie(m): 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2023
Bluffly:
You people should allow CBN to manage the economy. Every country has financial policies made by its apex bank. Why the interference here
Try and understand the judgement first and you will realize emefiele goofed
And he would not have been skinned if only he was been professional in making sure the new notes were sustaining or at least the old notes were sustaining
When emefiele was warned about the bottlenecks in the policy he was using buhari as a cover and hardly bordered

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by mastermaestro(m): 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2023
Thegamingorca:

He will never be sworn in grin and I will remind you here grin

Don't set yourself up for another round of heartache, I strongly advise you. If you folks are hoping on some fathom evidences and unverifiable social media video recordings which are largely inadmissible in election tribunals, you guys better channel your energy into better ventures.

Elections are over! sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by candygist: 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
Thegamingorca:
If Una like outlaw emefiele. Those banks are not going back to collecting your stolen funds.

For once we can succeed in uprooting Tinubu and sanwo olu mafia from eko. Fear not lagosians, Agbero no dey gree zuga on credit grin. We will paint the sky once again with eeeeeeeeLuuuuuP. I urge us to come out en masse as your votes will count even better this time.

To all the hooligans quoting me, make Una no fear; once we are done with the governorship and state House of assembly election and installed the most capable Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour Top to Bottom!!!!!

Let's Spare no freaking quarter this time around. Squeeze the life out of their votes to the point dey start begging like Charles Soludo. cheesy cheesy

Shebi dey want to steal mandate. Sanwoolu will go and become tinubu's aid grin

Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour top to bottom

Then we may reconsider obeying what the supreme court recommended.

grin grin grin grin

You know how it always ends for who ever you support. Do you need a reminder ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by mechanics(m): 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2023
He does not have intelligent advisers, they are just advising him wrongly.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Bluffly: 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
baralatie:

Try and understand the judgement first and you will realize emefiele goofed
There was no goofing but corruption interference at play. Beyond derived intent, the Nigerian economy requires the policy. And the supreme court should have made a better judgement by giving a mandate to the circulation of the new notes especially 200NGN within a given time frame.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by IamANigerianMan: 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
jaxxy:
on cash withdrawal is different from on their money. They can use their money only within best practices nobody can use their money how they like in every situation anywhere in the world.

There has always been cash limit polices for financial institutions it's not new.
The judge is high on drug

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by baralatie(m): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Bluffly:

There was no goofing but corruption interference at play. Beyond derived intent, the Nigerian economy requires the policy. And the supreme court should have made a better judgement by giving a mandate to the circulation of the new notes especially 200NGN within a given time frame.
Emefiele goofed like mad.
He is the cbn
He knows the state of infrastructure within the system(he knew that underbanking is an issue.he also knew that it isues persist because the banks were coaxing to cover problems that were arising as at 2021..access,uba and co.he knew practically that naira swap was not feasible.he also knew that conscripting currency in active supply will create problems)
Now you see that 200 notes brohaha.it was meant to be new notes not the old notes.instead he printed the #1000 notes and #500 notes and ran into problems.inorder to cover himself he now advised the president that they can recirculate the old 200 notes.i just laced when I read it because I knew it would not solve the problem immediately he said the money will be at the counter
Abeg emefiele goofed jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by waynetee(m): 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
Thegamingorca:
I made it to the front page.

Like for LP share for APC

Why?
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Dwizeone: 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
jaxxy:
on cash withdrawal is different from on their money. They can use their money only within best practices nobody can use their money how they like in every situation anywhere in the world.

There has always been cash limit polices for financial institutions it's not new.
I’m surprised the Supreme Court doesn’t understand this, besides the restriction is via physical cash

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by ufotunang: 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2023
If Buhari and emefiele do not obey the supreme Court charged them for contempt of court and get them arrested... don't they know how nigerians are suffering out there... businesses has closed down..and they do not even care
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Thegamingorca(m): 11:44pm On Mar 03, 2023
waynetee:

Why?

Zed
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by MrDoGood(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2023
Na to press charges
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by bitbillionaire: 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2023
Nice one supreme court
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Tee2027: 12:00am On Mar 04, 2023
Thegamingorca:
If Una like outlaw emefiele. Those banks are not going back to collecting your stolen funds.

For once we can succeed in uprooting Tinubu and sanwo olu mafia from eko. Fear not lagosians, Agbero no dey gree zuga on credit grin. We will paint the sky once again with eeeeeeeeLuuuuuP. I urge us to come out en masse as your votes will count even better this time.

To all the hooligans quoting me, make Una no fear; once we are done with the governorship and state House of assembly election and installed the most capable Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour Top to Bottom!!!!! then maybe we will reconsider the stance of this cashless.

Let's Spare no freaking quarter this time around. Squeeze the life out of their votes to the point dey start begging like Charles Soludo. cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin

I love your Disney land fantasy fantastically ndooh!!!

Una go hear am in big way.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by benjaminlawson(m): 12:01am On Mar 04, 2023
jaxxy:

I totally agree with you, this is the only aspect of the judgement that is anti people. The aspect of limit in Withdrawer does not mean you can't spend your money, it only put limit to your cash expenditure, you can spend any amount through banking process, the court is erred on this, because the judges are not financial experts who should shape our economy on certain decisions, or do any one dictates to them how to interpret the law. This is an act of taking over CBN functions, that is why their judgement sometimes are not obeyed. Constitutional responsibility of CBN is currency management, why any judge take over that role, or may be it will affect those who come to bribe them with billions of naira, because they will not be able to withdraw such, and bank process will expose them. This policy is meant to check corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Morphinne: 12:02am On Mar 04, 2023
But them Chinedus and Okoros claimed the policy was the best thing after fried rice and immediately started worshipping Buhari they had hated all their miserable lives just because they thought the ill-implemented policy would jeopardize Asiwaju’s victory grin
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Thedon22: 12:09am On Mar 04, 2023
And Obi and his supporters supported the illegal and unconstitutional policy and he wants to become Nigeria's president. Never !
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Enemyofpeace: 12:12am On Mar 04, 2023
Take it or leave it, Buhari's government is a complete failure. Eight years of nation's life wasted. If not for nairaland and Mynd44 that kept me busy throughout the eight years, the man for waste eight years of my life too.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by benjaminlawson(m): 12:13am On Mar 04, 2023
mastermaestro:

Don't set yourself up for another round of heartache, I strongly advise you. If you folks are hoping on some fathom evidences and unverifiable social media video recordings which are largely inadmissible in election tribunals, you guys better channel your energy into better ventures.

Elections are over! sad

If that is the case above, why INEC chairman urging and the party that claimed to have advocating that they should go to court not the street, if the court behaved the way you have concluded, what then do you think will happen, that is why they said that thief that send they should take him to court knows the his senior brother is the judge, think about this.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by DMCA: 12:13am On Mar 04, 2023
Goodies22:
The selfish aim was flopped, imagine people buying with trade by batter in this modern age and other hardship due to cashless. May God help us, the masses.
Pls pardon me for expressing my problem here.
I know all of us are passing through one thing or the other. I'm in a very critical situation, depressed and really have to speak out. I have not gotten another job for over 5months as the private firm I'm working with get suspended. We have been starving with hunger. Even TP to move around is not there.
I'm using this medium to seek for your kind gesture.
Your hands would never dry.
Acct:
(050101
2901) GTB
Nana
Meet Peter Obi, he will give it to you. cool
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Franking: 12:19am On Mar 04, 2023
Nigeria is illegal gan ni.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by rickleye: 12:23am On Mar 04, 2023
That actually should not be Illegal. Banks can set how much you can withdraw. Can you imagine if everyone withdraw 1M from their account. Banks would have borrow to pay everyone. It you need large sum walk into a bank.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by 7arrows: 12:27am On Mar 04, 2023
tinsel:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/586041-naira-redesign-banks-cash-withdrawal-limit-is-illegal-supreme-court.html

U guys r playing with us. U r all bunch of idiots. But the truth is that u can't continue fooling the masses, we done wake up. All u old demented men una time done reach. Today no old note tomorrow yes to old notes. That means the fools knew what they were doing. Even the new notes not dey circulation so they will inject the old ones they hoarded back into the system through the same banks and cbn for the main time.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by YeyeGbami: 12:47am On Mar 04, 2023
Thegamingorca:

To all the hooligans quoting me, make Una no fear; once we are done with the governorship and state House of assembly election and installed the most capable Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour Top to Bottom!!!!! then maybe we will reconsider the stance of this cashless.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by richboy7(m): 1:04am On Mar 04, 2023
jaxxy:

Except provided by the law
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by MuchAdo: 1:37am On Mar 04, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
NOW, THEY CAN TALK. . . . grin

Yes o tongue tongue tongue
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by LadyExcellency: 1:41am On Mar 04, 2023
richboy7:

Except provided by the law

This is just a faulty legal opinion. It wasn't and wouldn't be part of any judgment because cash limt has been in the law since decades and as such nothing was said by the judge in actual sense because he cancelled out himself by the expression "Except provided by the law", a policy of the CBN is also a law by the virtue of the powers conferred on the institution by the law to set out monetary policy.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by VenumX: 1:46am On Mar 04, 2023
Such has never happened in my life time. Emefiele the south South air head.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by yom2(m): 2:12am On Mar 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Absolutely!
Politics blinded some hate-filled lp mob to the point they willlingly gave up their rights just because they were misled to think it will stop an Asiwaju Tinubu Presidency.

They lost and the SC is trying to reset their brain with this judgement.

Thank God Asiwaju has already spoken up in the Southwest that it was targeted against him.

Congrats to my President-Elect Asiwaju Tinubu.
check my signature for free stuffs!
it was targeted against him becos he is the only one or politician that needs or uses money.?People should drop all these dumb conspiracy theories. Even those that believe that that calculation will work are dumb as well cos they only end up inflicting terrible hardship on the masses.the tiny upside was that they slowed down inflation and brought in more people and cash that was before now outside into the banking system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Organise Your Name First" - EFCC Replies A Follower / Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video) / Sen. Ogba Gives Cash, Phone To Woman Whose Food Was Thrown Away By Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.