Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court (41738 Views)

CBN Cash Withdrawal Limit Begins Today / Election Spending: Politicians Move To Bypass Cash Withdrawal Limit / House Of Reps Orders CBN To Suspend New Cash Withdrawal Limit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Dprinceoj1: 6:09am On Mar 04, 2023
Thank Gods last last .
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 04, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
So na supreme Court go dey make policy for federal government
I give up in this country. What on earth is happening? The judiciary has shown by its recent decisions overtime to be the major problem of this country. Are these people unaware of the level of crime and insecurity caused by the high volume of money in circulation? How do I explain that a Nigerian goes to the bank to withdraw 10m to purchase a commodity that simple bank transfer can solve? Whr on earth do citizens withdraw upto a million of such currency in physical cash. If you believe this country will ever get better then you must be dreaming.

It's unfortunate people see this as political.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 04, 2023
MomohMrMoore:
Supreme court want to be the government of Nigeria.Cash withdrawal policy has the tendency
to curb kidnapping, banditry, corruption etc.
Is there no limit to what they can adjucate on? We didnt vote for these people for Gods sake.. and they can easily be bought
I've always known the courts in Nigeria to be worst than the govt.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by infogeneral: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2023
And some politicians who are pretending to be fighting for the masses supported this illegality simply because they thought it would help achieve thier personal ambitions. Say the truth, only the truth can move us forward as nation.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Simplythebest: 6:44am On Mar 04, 2023
Who approve the policy? You guys are just jobless and suffering have block some many you guys sense of reasoning. Sorry for you guys. Tomorrow now u will start to blame the Finance minister
yarimo:
Hehehe emefiele the terrorist CBN governor are you ready to obey court orders now.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by famouscargo4u: 6:51am On Mar 04, 2023
Thegamingorca:
If Una like outlaw emefiele. Those banks are not going back to collecting your stolen funds.

For once we can succeed in uprooting Tinubu and sanwo olu mafia from eko. Fear not lagosians, Agbero no dey gree zuga on credit grin. We will paint the sky once again with eeeeeeeeLuuuuuP. I urge us to come out en masse as your votes will count even better this time.

To all the hooligans quoting me, make Una no fear; once we are done with the governorship and state House of assembly election and installed the most capable Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour Top to Bottom!!!!! then maybe we will reconsider the stance of this cashless.

Let's Spare no freaking quarter this time around. Squeeze the life out of their votes to the point dey start begging like Charles Soludo. cheesy cheesy

Shebi dey want to steal mandate. Sanwoolu will go and become tinubu's aid grin

Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour top to bottom

grin grin grin grin

Dey play. Make I bend if Gbadebo wins.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 04, 2023
Bluffly:

There was no goofing but corruption interference at play. Beyond derived intent, the Nigerian economy requires the policy. And the supreme court should have made a better judgement by giving a mandate to the circulation of the new notes especially 200NGN within a given time frame.
the Supreme Court amuses me with their unnecessary interference in everything, moreover they all benefit from it. They should go ahead and make financial policies for the country na.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 04, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

The judge is high on drug
they are indirectly telling us Americans can go to the bank and withdraw $5m at once. This is the kind of judgement you get from a 3rd world country.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by bayelsaowei(m): 6:57am On Mar 04, 2023
Karlifate:

Someone that packaged himself in 2015 & went on to re-package himself in 2019.

A whole Master chess player. grin

He got 15M+ votes in both years. cheesy

Fear him. shocked
this man called buhari? Failure in human form...
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 04, 2023
benjaminlawson:

I totally agree with you, this is the only aspect of the judgement that is anti people. The aspect of limit in Withdrawer does not mean you can't spend your money, it only put limit to your cash expenditure, you can spend any amount through banking process, the court is erred on this, because the judges are not financial experts who should shape our economy on certain decisions, or do any one dictates to them how to interpret the law. This is an act of taking over CBN functions, that is why their judgement sometimes are not obeyed. Constitutional responsibility of CBN is currency management, why any judge take over that role, or may be it will affect those who come to bribe them with billions of naira, because they will not be able to withdraw such, and bank process will expose them. This policy is meant to check corruption.
God bless you. A majority of Nigerians don't actually think, they just follow the bandwagon in noise making. It's not everything the supreme court interferes in, this is an example. Before their judgement it's important they hear from financial experts. This is the right thing to do. No serious govt ready to fight financial recklessness and insecurity will obey the order to the letter. because you have #100b in your account, does it mean you've a right to withdraw #100b in physical cash from a bank? Buying and exchanges does not end with physical cash. Transfers are a veritable tool of accessing one's money. I weep for this country and the kind of policies we dish out.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 04, 2023
zeyt:
Supreme court is on the verge of becoming institution for the protection of corrupt politicians in Nigeria.
I've never been a fan of the Nigerian judicial system, it's as corrupt or worst than the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by shariff84: 7:14am On Mar 04, 2023
Guyman01:
What if CBN and FG decide not to release any statement on this judgment do you think any bank will accept the old notes and neither will the CBN ir FG be accused of disobeying court orders if they remain mute wink
even now all commercial banks are accepting old notes,you will only fill CBN form. Kano and kaduna people they didn't suffer theirselves with this useless policy,they are still collecting old notes.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by gentlewind(m): 7:16am On Mar 04, 2023
Thegamingorca:
If Una like outlaw emefiele. Those banks are not going back to collecting your stolen funds.

For once we can succeed in uprooting Tinubu and sanwo olu mafia from eko. Fear not lagosians, Agbero no dey gree zuga on credit grin. We will paint the sky once again with eeeeeeeeLuuuuuP. I urge us to come out en masse as your votes will count even better this time.

To all the hooligans quoting me, make Una no fear; once we are done with the governorship and state House of assembly election and installed the most capable Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour Top to Bottom!!!!! then maybe we will reconsider the stance of this cashless.

Let's Spare no freaking quarter this time around. Squeeze the life out of their votes to the point dey start begging like Charles Soludo. cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin

But wait o, each time I look at this guy middle name fear dey cash me Rhodes. Cause Rouges keep coming to mind l, hope I'm wrong sha
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 04, 2023
lexy2014:

The supreme court is under the judiciary which is an arm or organ of government. so yes, it is government. except you didnt read the judgement and why it was given, then theres a problem. if you didnt understand a thing that was said, why not ask questions for better understanding of the role of the judiciary in the govt?

are there no agencies responsible for curbing kidnapping, banditry, corruption etc.? are they doing their jobs?

when did it become the job of CBN to curb kidnapping, banditry, corruption etc.?

is it by creating naira scarcity and putting nigerians in untold hardship that you curb kidnapping, banditry, corruption etc.?

are the people who are involved in corruption, kidnapping, banditry etc ghosts? does the government not know them?

what happened to BVN and NIN? i thought the same government told us it was meant to curb kidnapping, banditry, corruption, 419 etc.?

hello sir, BVN and NIN will never work in a system whr high volume of money is in circulation. You're contradicting yourself indirectly. Nigerians have a right to their money, but must this access only be through physical cash? Excess physical cash is the reason why kidnapping and insecurity is on the increase and lucrative as this monies can't be traced. Blv me, no Nigerian needs more than #50,000 physical cash in a week, Dangote inclusive. No one into illegalities ever wants a bank transfer from you since it leaves traces on its track.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by dyera(m): 7:22am On Mar 04, 2023
Quest7777:
Funny how Buhari who is president & Commander in Chief, is always exonerated from blame for all these illegalities. smiley

They went on to blame PDP, that PDP is the one controlling Emefiele, not realizing they were calling Buhari a nonentity.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by lexy2014: 7:33am On Mar 04, 2023
franciskaine:
hello sir, BVN and NIN will never work in a system whr high volume of money is in circulation. You're contradicting yourself indirectly. Nigerians have a right to their money, but must this access only be through physical cash? Excess physical cash is the reason why kidnapping and insecurity is on the increase and lucrative as this monies can't be traced. Blv me, no Nigerian needs more than #50,000 physical cash in a week, Dangote inclusive. No one into illegalities ever wants a bank transfer from you since it leaves traces on its track.

Offpoint. Kindly answer the following questions I earlier asked.

are there no agencies responsible for curbing kidnapping, banditry, corruption etc.? are they doing their jobs?

when did it become the job of CBN to curb kidnapping, banditry, corruption etc.?

is it by creating naira scarcity and putting nigerians in untold hardship that you curb kidnapping, banditry, corruption etc.?

are the people who are involved in corruption, kidnapping, banditry etc ghosts? does the government not know them?

what happened to BVN and NIN? i thought the same government told us it was meant to curb kidnapping, banditry, corruption, 419 etc.?

Where is the contradiction you are referring to?

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2023
Emefiewere is CBN thug, not governor, he will go down as the worst human to ever hold such a key post. He goes to work to perpetrate illegality every time. Can't wait to see him leave that office and crawl away into oblivion
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Karlifate: 7:53am On Mar 04, 2023
lexy2014:

which cabals are using him?

did buhari not approve the naira redesign policy?

leave cabals alone. nigeria has a president who isnt doing his job

Who's holding the cabals before

The cabals are using him, and they'll dump him when they're done. 💯

There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. cool
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by lexy2014: 7:58am On Mar 04, 2023
Karlifate:

Who's holding the cabals before

The cabals are using him, and they'll dump him when they're done. 💯

There's absolutely nothing you can do about it. cool

That's not what I asked you

Does nigeria havr a president and is he doing his job?
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by relaxandsmile: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2023
Quest7777:
Funny how Buhari who is president & Commander in Chief, is always exonerated from blame for all these illegalities. smiley
HONESTLY!

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Karlifate: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2023
lexy2014:

I have no obligation to answer you.

The cabals using him will dump him, when they're done & there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. 💯
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Karlifate: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2023
lexy2014:

The cabals using him will dump him, when they're done & there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. 💯
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by lexy2014: 8:15am On Mar 04, 2023
Karlifate:

Does nigeria have a president and is he doing his job?
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by AmazingELixir: 8:27am On Mar 04, 2023
undecided

Why is the supreme court over reaching their bounds by tampering with the monetary policies of the CBN.

Which kind nonsense be diswan nau.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Allisgud: 8:36am On Mar 04, 2023
Anti corruption fight has gone to the dogs,next thing tinubu will turn effcc to his house boys and ndlea to his chef,every seized drug will be loaded in his kitchen store
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Karlifate: 8:41am On Mar 04, 2023
lexy2014:

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by lexy2014: 8:42am On Mar 04, 2023
Karlifate:

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:45am On Mar 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Absolutely!
Politics blinded some hate-filled lp mob to the point they willlingly gave up their rights just because they were misled to think it will stop an Asiwaju Tinubu Presidency.

They lost and the SC is trying to reset their brain with this judgement.

Thank God Asiwaju has already spoken up in the Southwest that it was targeted against him.

Congrats to my President-Elect Asiwaju Tinubu.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Lols. All along it was a game plan between APC and the president to make it look like Buhari was fighting the bad eggs in his party and also to make it seem Tinubu was fighting for Nigerians. They were never fighting. They had there plans perfectly planned for the election only that they did all that at the detriment and expense of Nigerians. Tinubu has not been sworn in and without a court case they are suddenly reversing everything. Buhari and Emefele should be charged and jailed once they leaves office for disobeying supreme court if truly it wasn't a game plan
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Karlifate: 8:45am On Mar 04, 2023
lexy2014:

Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by hush15: 8:45am On Mar 04, 2023
tinsel:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/586041-naira-redesign-banks-cash-withdrawal-limit-is-illegal-supreme-court.html

All these is part of the ploy from the word go. All na cruise. They knew why they stopped the cash flow. Was to control the presidential election. We all fell for it thinking it was in the general interest but the real reason was because they wanted to scam Nigerians into thinking elections will be free and fair. Then the second part of the plot was for the Governors to go to court. Then buhari came to give a speech to keep that front they all pretending only for the Supreme Court judges to adjorn the case till after the gubernatorial race. This was to see the outcome of the plan in the presidential result and since it worked and objective achieved, all of a sudden they want to revert back to statusquo knowing fully we'll gubernatorial elections will require funds to achieve desired result. The real reason why the Supreme Court is doing all these is to help mobilize funds for governorship election.

We understand the tactics now though alittle bit late.

Lagos, brace up for the biggest electoral fight yet.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by LaIabobo: 8:54am On Mar 04, 2023
jaxxy:
on cash withdrawal is different from on their money. They can use their money only within best practices nobody can use their money how they like in every situation anywhere in the world.

There has always been cash limit polices for financial institutions it's not new.

You cant stop anyone from withdrawing his/her money. It isn’t done anywhere in the world. There might be some reporting or approvals that’ll happen first but the person would definitely get his cash.
Even the recent cbn limit gave this exception.
Re: Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court by Heavensent01(m): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2023
Thegamingorca:

grin grin grin grin

Chinedu won't even come close to sanwoolu, Yorubas won't be brainwashed this time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Okorocha Outshines Ihedioha At PDP Campaign Rally In Imo / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects / Obasanjo Ordered Police To Shoot Criminals, OPC At Sight As President (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.