Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,568 members, 7,837,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) (48198 Views)

Old Woman Kneels And Prays For Peter Obi In Jos (Video) / Lockdown Easing Not License For Lagosians To Flood The Streets – Sanwo-olu / Uche Secondus Kneels Down And Prays Every Morning In His Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Killermamba: 9:54am On Mar 04, 2023
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by mechanics(m): 9:54am On Mar 04, 2023
We don't need his apology, Mr Sanwo Olu won't be voted back to power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by seguno2: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2023
Bobbiee:
Nonsense. Apology that doesn't translate to actual repentance.

If he is repentant, let him do restitution of all the crimes and billions he collected since forever to make things expensive for Lagosians

Money that should be used to employ workers to provide everything that local and state governments are responsible for, to the people.

Biodun556:
http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/22/how-lagos-transport-union-thugs-or-agberos-make-n123-billion-motorists-riders-every-year

LAGOS ‘AGBEROS’ GENERATE ANNUAL REVENUE OF N123 BILLION, REPORT SAYS
“If Lagos Agberos were to constitute themselves into a state, they would be richer than 35 Nigerian states
, second only to their home base, Lagos state.” – Anonymous

‘Agberos’ in Lagos generate an estimated annual revenue of N123.078 billion amassed from daily road use taxes levied on bus drivers, tricycle riders and motorcycle operators in the state.

This is according to a recent research report by the International Centre for Investigative Reporting (ICIR).

Levies on commercial buses (danfo)
Each commercial vehicle driver pays at least N3,000 to Agberos as ticket fee.
There are an estimated 75,000 commercial buses operating in Lagos, according to the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA).
Estimated daily total collection: N225 million
Estimated monthly total collection: N6.75 billion
Estimated yearly total collection: N82.125 billion

Levies on Tricycle operators (keke napep)
Each keke napep rider pays at least N1,800 to Agberos per day.
There are an estimated 50,000 tricycles operating in Lagos, according to Techcabal.
Estimated daily total collection: N90 million
Estimated monthly total collection: N2.7 billion
Estimated yearly total collection: N32.85 billion

Levies on motorcycle operators (okada)
Each okada rider pays at least N600 to Agberos per day.
There are an estimated 37,000 okada riders operating in Lagos, according to Motorcycle Operators Association of Lagos State (MOALS).
Estimated daily total collection: N22.2 million
Estimated monthly total collection: N666 million
Estimated yearly total collection: N8.103 billion

The total annual revenue from the three major modes of transport in Lagos state amounts to N123.078 billion.

The ICIR report admitted that these figures may yet be underestimated as daily levies on the transporters are much higher in some parts of Lagos including Mushin, Isolo, Itire/Ikate among others.
Nigerian states with the highest Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) in 2020
Lagos State recorded the highest Internally Generated Revenue of N418.99 billion, accounting for 32.1% of the total, closely followed by Rivers State with N117.19 billion.
Other states with the highest IGR in 2020 include Abuja (N92.06 billion), Delta (N59.73 billion), Kaduna (N50.75 billion), Ogun (N50.75 billion), and Oyo State (N38.04 billion).

As the data shows, Lagos Agberos surpassed all other states besides Lagos in revenue generation beating oil-producing Rivers State by a handsome N5.89 billion naira.

Where is the money?
The report found no trace that much of this revenue gets into government coffers as the money was not accounted for in the state’s annual financial statements.

Also, the report revealed that “although the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS) says on its website that ‘road taxes’ are among the 25 taxes that are collected by the state government….the government agency provides no evidence on the website that road taxes are being collected by the state government.”

The report further revealed that although some of the revenue was being remitted to the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) and to the rival union RTEAN, the bulk of the money being generated was most likely completing its journey in private pockets.

“The [motor park] chairman takes the huge chunk of the money, shares the rest to his subordinates and leaves little in an account operated by his union,” it stated.

Why is the government looking the other way?
The general consensus is that the ‘Agbero-industry’ thrives so well in Lagos because it is backed by powerful politicians who call in return favours to bully opponents and perpetuate violence during elections. It has also been alleged that many of these ‘godfathers’ are direct beneficiaries of the scheme.

Bottomline
The Lagos state government loses a great deal of revenue annually to these non-state actors. Suffice to say that these monies could have been channelled into critical infrastructure projects in the state.
From the research data, it is also clear that Lagos and indeed Nigeria can function effectively without the need to borrow as much if the nation took the issue of taxes more seriously and plugged holes through which corrupt elements in the system syphon government revenues. Advanced countries with no crude oil resources function efficiently on tax revenues and even give financial aid to Nigeria. Why then is Nigeria’s case different?
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by simplesearch: 9:56am On Mar 04, 2023
PDP has been playing a non-nonsense opposition ever since they lost, LP has done credibly well than they ever did this past years in the last few month of their emergence, and the reason is simple: APC and PDP are same backward corruption filled people who will rather destroy the nation than not milk its resources dry.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by ikpumbe(m): 9:57am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I pray this oluomo behaves himself and not dent Asiwaju’s image. I personally do not want him in Asiwaju’s government, he should prove himself positively to the masses first. Now that Obidients have moved on, it’s time for all of us to pray for the incoming government and ask God to lead them well so they can take Nigeria to greater heights. I pray to see smile in the faces of all Nigerians sooner than expected.

You pray to see smile on the faces of people that were robbed and Their hope taken from them?
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by bencr7: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2023
U for no apologies na, nonsense
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by christistruth01: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2023
grin

Now let Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu also apologies to Lagos

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by GloriousGbola: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2023
This election go be supa hot faya!!!

Nothing is being left to chance

Sanwo too may also break out the knee pads

The person who really needs to apologise and shut up henceforth is mcs son. These kids should enjoy the benefits and run their mouth among their circle of friends.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by caprini1: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2023
I really don't care who wins in Lagos,as Lagos is like a very good car,just put fuel anytime ,anyday ,start the ignition and the car is moving.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by babajeje123(m): 10:02am On Mar 04, 2023
Someone that should be behind the bars. Nonsense and Tilunbu.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by lakefist(m): 10:02am On Mar 04, 2023
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by seguno2: 10:03am On Mar 04, 2023
mechanics:
We don't need his apology, Mr Sanwo Olu won't be voted back to power.

Not only the governor, but also the state assembly members. So much impunity, disregard and disrespect for the masses who actually own the government.

powerfulguy:
EXPOSED: How Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Fraudulently Collected N32.5m As Travel Allowance To Turkey To Buy Personal Furniture

In yet another grand corruption scheme, SaharaReporters has uncovered how Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, fraudulently collected about N32.5m as travel allowance for himself and six others to attend a programme in Turkey.

It was learnt that Obasa got the House to approve the fund to facilitate a trip to the European country to understudy the transformation of the Turkish parliament.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/10/09/exposed-how-lagos-speaker-obasa-fraudulently-collected-n325m-travel-allowance-turkey-buy

etokhana:
SaharaReporters has uncovered another corrupt activity involving Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa.

In this latest expose, Obasa involved one of his three wives in the fraudulent scheme.

In this multimillionaire scandal and looting of public funds, Obasa, with the active connivance of some lawmakers orchestrated the disbursement of N10m monthly allocation to his wife under the guise of gender inclusiveness programme for women.

The programme, according to document seen by SaharaReporters, would be headed by his wife and would also be in charge of the funds.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/04/exclusive-how-obasa%E2%80%99s-wife-receives-n10m-illegal-monthly-allocation-lagos-assembly

MYZOLE:
Money is meant to be spent - Lagos Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa reacts to allegations of fraud against him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYrnpCJikR8

Lagos House of Assembly Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa has reacted to allegations of fraud leveled against him which has incited mixed reactions.

Obasa was accused of giving his mistress N34m to organise media and CSO parley, having 64 bank accounts, using N258M for the printing of IV's for the Assembly inauguration, taking N80m as estacode for a 5-day event, paying N13.7m for small chops, water, juice and soft drinks among other things.

However reacting to the allegations in an intervew with media personality Dele Momodu, Obasa who denied any wrongdoing stated that money is meant to be spent. He insisted that he cannot be linked to misappropriating funds by any Lagos government official because there was provision for all he spent in the budget.

Obasa pointed out that the purpose of money is for it to be spent, but he however denied spending the huge amount he was accused of on the events it was meant for. He also disclosed that some of the expenditure captured in the budget has been in existence before his emergence as speaker of the state house of assembly.

The speaker also alleged that there are people in the parliament who "steal documents with an aim of achieving what is not achievable".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2023
So they now know the social media is a structure grin
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by honeyB2018: 10:07am On Mar 04, 2023
vicdom:
grin
Is it not safe to say that all these while, APC have not truly been winning elections in Lagos??

They didn't imagine that LP of yesterday could uproot them without stress. Infact, they had to resort to violence, intimidation, rewriting of figures in order to close up the figures, otherwise, the true result would have been very embarrassing that Tinubu would have sacked every APC member in that Lagos, including MC Oluomo.

Please, MC. Oluomo and the rest of the Yoruba nation, should realize that Obidient family is a movement, it's not about Peter Obi, IGBOS or Biafra supporters.
In 2014, when APC came with the matra change, I remember precisely Lai Mohammed, coming on air to say that Buhari is a movement that nobody can control. He said specifically that the movement is out of their hands, but now in the hands of Nigerians.
Obidient family, is beyond any tribe or religion. Lots non- IGBOS voted for Obi and Labour party.
They should allow peace to reign in the land.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by seangy4konji: 10:09am On Mar 04, 2023
Everything for them to retain power and keep milking the country dry
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Monaboo(m): 10:11am On Mar 04, 2023
Na today.

No be "Ejo" and "Emabinu".

E no dey hard una.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by id4sho(m): 10:13am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I pray this oluomo behaves himself and not dent Asiwaju’s image. I personally do not want him in Asiwaju’s government, he should prove himself positively to the masses first. Now that Obidients have moved on, it’s time for all of us to pray for the incoming government and ask God to lead them well so they can take Nigeria to greater heights. I pray to see smile in the faces of all Nigerians sooner than expected.
You don come with God format, allow justice to prevail tongue
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by LegacyB: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2023
MEGA4BILLION:
But your son said you guys owns Lagos and Nigeria. Why apologize to your tenants.

Before you scream waaaa, go and find out what the law says about residing in a particular location for years. We have Nigerians contesting and winning elections in USA and UK, nobody is shouting we own or looking at each other as a second class citizen. Of what benefit will it be to me when you please me?

What has Igbo got to do where an individual chooses to reside in Nigeria? Are Igbo people not Nigerians?
Before use quote other countries like your master. I will refer you to same place . Find out about what they call indigenous and aborigines.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:17am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

As much as Im indifferent to the guy, it's really a good thing he came out to apologize and please for vote, whether sincere or insincere. Whoever advised him to do this must be very wise, trust me

I really wish Asiwaju can keep him at arms length in his administration. Although I voted against Tinubu, I believe a sound Tinubu can actually stir us in the right direction as a nation. If not for anything, the fact that he can summon technocrats to come work for him

On the flip side, if internal superiority crisis starts within his caucus due to his health, it'll be a HUGE DISASTER to Nigeria, far greater than Buhari's own... Although I honestly don't pray so
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by honeyB2018: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2023
Killermamba:

Pikin dey make mouth 👄
Papa dey beg

Please, why is Oluomo after the IGBOS in Lagos State, every election?
2019, at Oshodi area, it was as so,at Okota, it was so.
2023, it was more brazen. Is democracy not about choice again?
In every election, there will be winners and losers, the majority by what ever means, will have their way, why the minority will have their say.
Why don't you vote your choice and allow me vote mine?
In 2019, at Iba, LCDA, Oluomo's friend did the same why?
This is the reason, we must not allow evil in the land to grow. The Oba of Lagos's action, threatening to throw the IGBOS to the Lagoon, if his candidate Ambode wasn't voted for, in my view is the reason for this.
All my years in Lagos as a voter, I have never seen this.
God please show us your mercy in Nigeria and Lagos State in Jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

As much as Im indifferent to the guy, it's really a good thing he came out to apologize and please for vote, whether sincere or insincere. Whoever advised him to do this must be very wise, trust me

I really wish Asiwaju can keep him at arms length in his administration. Although I voted against Tinubu, I believe a sound Tinubu can actually stir us in the right direction as a nation. If not for anything, the fact that he can summon technocrats to come work for him

On the flip side, if internal superiority crisis starts within his caucus due to his health, it'll be a HUGE DISASTER to Nigeria, far greater than Buhari's own... Although I honestly don't pray so
I love your submission. I just pray for Asiwaju not to fail Nigerians
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Henryfortune(m): 10:24am On Mar 04, 2023
Hold ur breath still some days to go.....

lalalista:
In as much as I don't support peter obi to become president because he said 'we no dey give shi shi' but I urge y all to vote for labour party on Saturday to purge out all these agberos from Lagos. Tinubu can be president but APC should not remain in Lagos
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by hush15: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsDELiMQlgg&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

https://twitter.com/pereyiii/status/1631747348748554240?t=ioT3lbz2RXGvCgcXjCIVuw&s=08

Whatever he says, he should allow people to vote for who they believe in. They should not use thuggery and intimidation to coerce votes. Cos he believes in asiwaju doesn't mean everybody must.

This maybe another grandstanding but whatever, People of Lagos State, irrespective of tribe and religion, come out and vote ur conscience. You can't be apologizing and be compelling people to submit the voter's card
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by dalass(f): 10:25am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

AMEN 🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Ruthless70: 10:28am On Mar 04, 2023
God1000:
This guy is a threat to our national unity

How explain?
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Everlastingson: 10:28am On Mar 04, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

You chose to deceive yourself. Who told you Obidients have moved on ? We will only move on after Obi has retrieved his stolen mandate. You're a fraud trying to hoodwink people with sugarcoated words. Can there be peace and progress without justice? MC Oluomo can only deceive the senseless. After someone has stolen what belongs to you, keeps it, and then turns around to pray for you! You'll be the biggest fool to accept him. Oluomo had seen that APC will lose Lagos and is now fooling himself. Every Lagos vote this Saturday is for LP. No going back.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 04, 2023
Everlastingson:

You chose to deceive yourself. Who told you Obidients have moved on ? We will only move on after Obi has retrieved his stolen mandate. You're a fraud trying to hoodwink people with sugarcoated words. Can there be peace and progress without justice? MC Oluomo can only deceive the senseless. After someone has stolen what belongs to you, keeps it, and then turns around to pray for you! You'll be the biggest fool to accept him. Oluomo had seen that APC will lose Lagos and is now fooling himself. Every Lagos vote this Saturday is for LP. No going back.
Which stolen mandate? What was your position in this election?
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Namigotalktru: 10:34am On Mar 04, 2023
MEGA4BILLION:
But your son said you guys owns Lagos and Nigeria. Why apologize to your tenants.

Before you scream waaaa, go and find out what the law says about residing in a particular location for years. We have Nigerians contesting and winning elections in USA and UK, nobody is shouting we own or looking at each other as a second class citizen. Of what benefit will it be to me when you please me?

What has Igbo got to do where an individual chooses to reside in Nigeria? Are Igbo people not Nigerians?
The people you murder for living in your states are they not Nigerians? Show us one house of reps member in your place that is not ibo. Show us one prominent business man living in any of your states that is not Ibo. Now explain how and why in markets and computer villages across Nigeria you people intimidate and target non ibos. Are they not Nigerians

Small time now you start shouting biafra and promoting terrorists are you Nigerian?

We just dey observe carry on and you will find what you are looking for
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Everlastingson: 10:34am On Mar 04, 2023
ecolime:
Peter Obi has really changed the election game forever. Even if he is unable to reclaim his stolen mandate from Mr Ojuyobo, Nigerian electorates will never ever be taken for granted again.

Sanwo-Olu who ignored debates has been begging everyone for votes since last week. All my relatives who are LASG workers have been uploading his pictures and sending WhatsApp messages soliciting for votes.

Now Mc-Oluomo has also eaten the humble pie. Who would have believed a day will come where Agberos and APC folks will start making videos upon videos to beg for votes.

God bless you wherever you are Peter Obi.

You spoke well. But be assured that Obi will retrieve his stolen mandate. There's no doubt about that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by bitbillionaire: 10:35am On Mar 04, 2023
Truthdeypain:

He is part of the best brain Asiwaju is bringing into his government. Nigeria will be great again.

God bless Asiwaju
God bless Mc oluomo
God bless Kabaka

And God bless Asari Dokubo too. How could you forget Tinubu's best friend from Niger Delta?

1 Like

Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by Killermamba: 10:39am On Mar 04, 2023
honeyB2018:

Please, why is Oluomo after the IGBOS in Lagos State, every election?
2019, at Oshodi area, it was as so,at Okota, it was so.
2023, it was more brazen. Is democracy not about choice again?
In every election, there will be winners and losers, the majority by what ever means, will have their way, why the minority will have their say.
Why don't you vote your choice and allow me vote mine?
In 2019, at Iba, LCDA, Oluomo's friend did the same why?
This is the reason, we must not allow evil in the land to grow. The Oba of Lagos's action, threatening to throw the IGBOS to the Lagoon, if his candidate Ambode wasn't voted for, in my view is the reason for this.
All my years in Lagos as a voter, I have never seen this.
God please show us your mercy in Nigeria and Lagos State in Jesus name amen
these uneducated bastard are afraid of their future, APC feed criminality. Other party will likely root them out. Hence the violence to remain relevant.
Re: MC Oluomo Apologizes And Prays For Lagosians (Video) by reddingtonblack: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2023
God1000:
This guy is a threat to our national unity

What have you clown don about IPOB, if Nnamdi kanu was not in jail most of you will be in the east scrabbling to kiss his feet

A core igbo man adores IPOB with his life but they will enter night bus come to Lagos and tell yorubas Agberos are the problem of the world, they know the only way they can discredit Lagos govt is using Agbero as an excuse and they also know yoruba elites are internal enemy who delights in betraying there tribe to prove "WOKE" and "CIVILIZIED" it never goes beyond that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tope Aluko Escape DSS Arrest As Channels TV Staff Helps Him / Portharcourt APC Presidential Rally (picture Updates) / Omoyele Sowore Announces African Action Congress (AAC) As His Political Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.