Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie (55215 Views)

Was Kwara State Originally A Yoruba State / Apart From Lagos,which Other Yoruba State Can Obi Get 25%? / Does Any Yoruba State Buy Innoson Cars? Why Is The Igbo Man Hated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Umadam: 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
This guy is always different, God bless u richly
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Toneypen247(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2023
luluman:
Don't try to digress, nobody say they should not practice what ever they want the point is they can be civil in their doings so as not to attrat hatred upon themselves. Courtesy goes a long way in enhancing relationships they should caution their utterances to their host. They should improve upon their manners.
C'mon you should know where and who you should be directing this message to. With the whole happening in Lagos and the video evidence in the internet, who do you think instigates tribalism?

Why have the Igbos always been painted as the villain in every political activity? Haba!! Search your conscience brother. The hate towards igbo is too much.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by luluman: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
Toneypen247:

C'mon you should know where and who you should be directing this message to. With the whole happening in Lagos and the video evidence in the internet, who do you think instigates tribalism?

Why have the Igbos always been painted as the villain in every political activity? Haba!! Search your conscience brother. The hate towards igbo is too much.
So you think they can win their quest by fueling the "supposed hatred" ? For e.g will calling their land 'No man's Land foster love? If Hausa call Enugu no man's Land we all know what you will do.
If you are a guest in another man's place it is expexted you play low, you will not win by going against your host. It happens everywhere even overseas. Just teach them this fact.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Toneypen247(m): 9:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
luluman:
So you think they can win their quest by fueling the "supposed hatred" ? For e.g will calling their land 'No man's Land foster love? If Hausa call Enugu no man's Land we all know what you will do.
If you are a guest in another man's place it is expexted that you play low, you will not win by going against your host. It happens everywhere even overseas. Just teach them this fact.
I remember back then as an undergraduate, we taught the logical argument on inductive and deductive reasoning. While the former depends on probable ground to an objective claim, the latter makes use of general to particular instances. However, inductive reasoning have been criticised as having less substantial data that is not worth making a general claim.

That Mr john claims that rice is bad
Mr Charles claims that rice is bad
Mr Wilson claims that rice is bad,
Will it be logical to conclude that since all characters are men, it, therefore, follows that all men claim that rice is bad?

This is the same scenario you have been portraying bro. You are generalizing from particular instances. I watched a video of MC Oluomo and some others guys threatening the igbo people in lagos against voting another party. Will it be logical for me to conclude that since all the major characters are Yoruba by tribe, it therefore follows that all yoruba are against igbos or hate igbos?

This is a simple logic. The claim you keep making is not substantial and worth generAlizing. Everyone isn't the same and thus, it is important to learn the difference.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by luluman: 9:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
Toneypen247:

I remember back then as an undergraduate, we taught the logical argument on inductive and deductive reasoning. While the former depends on probable ground to an objective claim, the latter makes use of general to particular instances. However, inductive reasoning have been criticised as having less substantial data that is not worth making a general claim.

That Mr john claims that rice is bad
Mr Charles claims that rice is bad
Mr Wilson claims that rice is bad,
Will it be logical to conclude that since all characters are men, it, therefore, follows that all men claim that rice is bad?

This is the same scenario you have been portraying bro. You are generalizing from particular instances. I watched a video of MC Oluomo and some others guys threatening the igbo people in lagos against voting another party. Will it be logical for me to conclude that since all the major characters are Yoruba by tribe, it therefore follows that all yoruba are against igbos or hate igbos?

This is a simple logic. The claim you keep making is not substantial and worth generAlizing. Everyone isn't the same and thus, it is important to learn the difference.

Thanks.
Very correct. You should not generalize with a few casese, but did you also play your role to sensitize your people when they generalise with unguarded statements online about yorubas ( did they put any clause to show that they don't refer to all yorubas) on certain issues?
Go to the tribal comments on nairaland, you cannot say your folks are not also guilty of the offence you just pointed out. I still think you should spend most of your time teaching them first before correcting others.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Toneypen247(m): 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
luluman:
Very correct. You should not generalize with a few casese, but did you also play your role to sensitize your people when they generalise with unguarded statements online about yorubas ( did they put any clause to show that they don't refer to all yorubas) on certain issues?
Go to the tribal comments on nairaland, you cannot say your folks are not also guilty of the offence you just pointed out. I still think you should spend most of your time teaching them first before correcting others.

Both tribes are guilty of what you are claiming. Do you feel it is just one-sided? For every cause, there is an effect. If we are to judge in this case, the Igbo face the worst of tribal attacks daily. I know how many times I have been abused tribally on naira land just for airing my opinion on a subject matter. I will be tagged as Ipob or Biafra. Stop pointing accusation finger bro. It is worst from both end and the igbo face the attack the most. Don't be sentimental here.

Just for supporting the LP gubernatorial candidate for lagos state, I can count out the nonsense that have been said about the Igbo tribe because the candidate mother is igbo. I guess you didn't see that angle.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by yom2(m): 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
LeonSaab:
because say we dey blend no mean say make you no give me my respect, a Yoruba man will not try it in the SE an igbo will definitely not try it in the North so why you want Kan dey Try Me for Lagos?
those places u are referring to are less cosmopolitan than lagos. What plays out in lagos cant play out in akure or ogbomosho or awka or Benii kebir. And lagos has a special history; it was a state and commercial capital for nearly a century.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by 7arrows: 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol when the son decides to carry on the sins of the father how do you want me trust him? Until the igbos drop their Biafra struggle they will never be trusted politically by the SW and the north argue with your elders.....✌🏾

Bro can I tell u one truth. U see that biafra talk cannot stand. Its only championed by those local and poor guys. The real businessmen who benefit and have businesses in all states of the nation will never talk of biafra. Check in the north majority of businesses are owned by ibos and I mean bigger boys. I've not added s.w and other parts. plaza's. Hotels etc. Do u think they would like to support a course that could cripple their investments?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by luluman: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
Toneypen247:

Both tribes are guilty of what you are claiming. Do you feel it is just one-sided? For every cause, there is an effect. If we are to judge in this case, the Igbo face the worst of tribal attacks daily. I know how many times I have been abused tribally on naira land just for airing my opinion on a subject matter. I will be tagged as Ipob or Biafra. Stop pointing accusation finger bro. It is worst from both end and the igbo face the attack the most. Don't be sentimental here.

Just for supporting the LP gubernatorial candidate for lagos state, I can count out the nonsense that have been said about the Igbo tribe because the candidate mother is igbo. I guess you didn't see that angle.
Thank you for admitting both tribes are guilty: your primary assignment here is to school your brothers against such behaviour first before trying to correct others or expect non hatred from others.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by tundeabib1: 12:43am On Mar 06, 2023
Goodmarlian:

But the land belongs to Nigeria na!
All Nigerians must live anywhere in Nigeria its a must the military will deal with anybody that tries to change that.

Can you listen to yourself now? When you give someone handshake and he is reaching for your elbow. No be trouble be that?
Even at that, you have all confirmed that LP is an Igbo party. What about our youths you conned into believing that it is a movement for youths enthronment?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Winnersunited: 2:16am On Mar 06, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol "Yoruba Ronu" is not noise, it was coined by Akintola a prominent Yoruba politician back in the 60s in a broadcast when Awolowo decided to bring igbos into the party.....he warned that the igbos were not to be trusted, and that if we are not careful one day they would claim our land is theirs.....guess what happened? The igos betrayed Awo during the elections and ensured he failed, the igbos then went to start a coup killing leaders from other tribes including Akintola while sparring the lives of their own elders infacr fir deniability purpose zik and ironsi were conviently out the country the day the coup happened but somehow magically appeared the day after to take power......today we have igbos claiming Lagos is no man's land when none of their fathers know of its history......so when we say "Yoruba Ronu" it is not noise, it is a stern warning to all Omoluabis to remember who they are and not allow outsiders who cannot welcome us in their house to take over ours......
You are still dwelling on this old story. Do better research you no fit.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Mickykarim: 3:28am On Mar 06, 2023
windofchange:
The talks that Lagos is a no mans Land by igbos has been flying around so he decided to respond.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpXSlaBsFPU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

IT IS WHAT THE Sardauda OF Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu Bello ONCE ASSERTED. THAT THE Biafra s WOULD ALWAYS WANT TO DOMINATE OTHERS EVEN IN THE COMMUNITY AND HABITATS OF THEIR HOSTS.

Including, where and whenever they found themselves.

THE CORRUPT MENTALITY WITH FRAUDULENT GARB OF THE IPOB PEOPLE OF THE EASTERN PART OF Nigeria ALWAYS TAKES HOLD OF THEM. BOTH ELEMENTS OF ROTTEN MINDS HAS IS IN THE DNA WITH GENE OF AN AVERAGE biafraudulent PERSON.

THERE GRRED FOR DOMINATION IS LEGENDRY AND AMONG THE REASONS THEY ARE ALWAYS IN TROUBLE WITH THEIR HOSTS.

You want to ask the biafraudulent people, if anybody could possibly come claim their clans and natural domains?

THE ROGUE MANAS OF THESE Igbo MAN IS A STINKING STICKER!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by hammerT: 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2023
hifocus:

Born and raised in Lagos doesn't make you one of us. Don't deny your Father's land for Lagos attachment. I repeat, say that rubbish you said outside if you won't be beaten to death. Someone even said that is even if your corpse will be found. grin

MR MAN, FIRST CONVERT THIS YOUR TRANSGENDER MONIKER TO REFLECT YOUR MALE GENDER BEFORE MAKING THREATS.

LAGOS IS NOT YOUR VILLAGE, YOU KNOW THE ROAD TO YOUR VILLAGE.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Johnn78: 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
kellyjc:
Every Nigerian has equal rights no matter where they live in Nigeria.
cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by UnabashedIPOB: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
MelesZanawi:

You're a cursed slave destined to serve others.
A dozen of your type can die and Kanu's dead dog will be worth more than you.

A nasty and dirty terrorist yapping again!
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by eflintsone(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
nazicartel:
They do that to spite them. Nothing else. Inside them, they know Lagos is not their father's land. I have core Lagos friends and they haven't for ones talked about dragging Lagos with them. They see it as jokes. But people from Ekiti, Osun even Kwara are always the ones shouting
You do not joke with this kinda matter plus i was born and raised here in Lagos , i will boldly tell you they do not joke with it
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Waterbear(m): 2:08am On Mar 10, 2023
Laple0541:
No need of telling them Yul, the Yorubas have seen the handwriting of the bitter born to hate children of doom on the wall and we will henceforth prove to them their forefathers arrived Lagos with Ghanamustgo bags.

BTW, did anyone have any useful information about the 'Let Out Gorilla'? The zoo is still looking for him.

But now their fathers are your landlord and boss...

Dey play
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Waterbear(m): 2:09am On Mar 10, 2023
LegendHero:

No it’s not that. It’s because of GRV past that was unraveled.

Igbos can’t take 1 bit of what they try dishing out.

Let’s say there is an Igbo guy with Yoruba mom, he called Igbos Nyamuri and Osu in many of his tweets and support OPC. Then he couldn’t even speak Igbo and he is running to be the governor of Anambra state.

Will you vote him? Abi no be the same Igbo that won’t even vote Bianca in Anambra again?

Brymo did not even abuse Igbos much before you all descended on him, why them are you gaslighting the Yorubas for descending on Chinedu Gbadebo that most of his past tweet are clearly anti-Yoruba?

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LegendHero(m): 3:15am On Mar 10, 2023
Waterbear:

Stop sharing fake news. The guy is 100% Igbo and he already have a rebuttal to this.

I don’t know why you guys love fake news.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Optional09: 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2023
XAUBulls:

In addition...

The Ijebu-Yoruba indigenes of Ibeju Lekki LGA., Epe LGA, and Ikorodu LGA of Lagos State must henceforth restrict the leasing or renting of excess parts of their ancestral lands to non-indigenes especially Ibos since we have seen how these uncouth dudes online and offline taunt and claim to be the masters of the Awori-Yorubas who own 17 of the 20 LGAs in Lagos State (after rushing like tap water into their ancestral area in Lagos, and even Abuja, PH, etc, during the time when kidnappers and armed robbers in the late 1990s to the early 2010s made Iboland or the South East very dangerous to visit). Many Ibos started doing their New Yam Festivals in the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos in Yorubaland, etc, because of the fear of being kidnapped, robbed, and raped by those vicious Ibo criminals like Chukwudumeme
Onwuamadike (aka Evans, who operated with his gang before relocating from Anambra to Lagos to start kidnapping Lagos residents) and they had to start leasing land from the Lagos indigenes, and even in Ogun State. These facts were widely published in major newspapers back in the very early 2000s to 2010 when Ibos had to relocate their elderly relatives in the villages to Lagos, PH, Abuja, etc, for safety from kidnappers who often killed them after collecting huge ransom money. These fueled an abnormal increase in the population of Ibos in Lagos and Abuja for instance.

At the end of the land lease, the
Aworis must ensure the leases are not renewed and recover their lands after demolishing all buildings on them. Period.

In Calabar and many parts of
Nigeria, lands are not sold or leased to outsiders or non- indigenes. Even in Iboland, they do not sell land any how because of the limited lands available and this is why they build tall 6-storey buildings to conserve land space, and kill themselves in serious land disputes.

senseless
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Idiko1: 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
windofchange:
The talks that Lagos is a no mans Land by igbos has been flying around so he decided to respond.

I've lived in Lagos since 2011. Built my house in Lagos. Not once have I experienced any form of hate or rejection from the Yorubas.

Anytime Yoruba boys see me on the street, they gather to greet me, and it's all love always. And this talk flying around that Lagos is a no man's land is wrong. Lagos is a Yoruba state in Yoruba land.

Imagine someone saying that Anambra is a no man's land. That's crap. Anambra is an Igbo Land. You can't come into someone's land and tell the person it's now a no man's land. Na you dey find trouble. Nobody can deny the fact that the Igbos have contributed immensely to the development of Lagos.

Other tribes have contributed in their own ways too. And the Yorubas have been largely accomodating as well. It shouldn't take away the fact that Lagos is a Yoruba land. We no dey drag ownership. Let's kill tribalism before it kills us.

YUL EDOCHIE.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpXSlaBsFPU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Those who knew the historical facts about Nigeria will get serious traction in any argument that Lagos colony was developed with commonwealth and was never a domain of Yoruba people who were evicted from Oyo Ile, 30 mile north of Ilorin. Lagos particularly belongs to Awori and generally to the people of Nigeria. The same classification goes to Abuja. It is a complete display of ignorant to say Lagos is a Yoruba land. Yes, Lagos is now in the region predominantly occupied by the ethnic nationality called Yoruba.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by honeyB2018: 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol "Yoruba Ronu" is not noise, it was coined by Akintola a prominent Yoruba politician back in the 60s in a broadcast when Awolowo decided to bring igbos into the party.....he warned that the igbos were not to be trusted, and that if we are not careful one day they would claim our land is theirs.....guess what happened? The igos betrayed Awo during the elections and ensured he failed, the igbos then went to start a coup killing leaders from other tribes including Akintola while sparring the lives of their own elders infacr fir deniability purpose zik and ironsi were conviently out the country the day the coup happened but somehow magically appeared the day after to take power......today we have igbos claiming Lagos is no man's land when none of their fathers know of its history......so when we say "Yoruba Ronu" it is not noise, it is a stern warning to all Omoluabis to remember who they are and not allow outsiders who cannot welcome us in their house to take over ours......

You don't know your history. Go and ask your father and other political leaders in the SW, to tell you how carpet crossing and tribalism in the politics Nigeria started.
If you don't know, know it that the SW under Awo were the originator of tribalism, carpet crossing and betrayal in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by MelesZanawi: 5:10am On Mar 20, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:

A nasty and dirty terrorist yapping again!

Stupid ipob, we beat your fathers blue black in Lagos. Next time, you will have sense
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by UnabashedIPOB: 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
MelesZanawi:

Stupid ipob, we beat your fathers blue black in Lagos. Next time, you will have sense

You bigotted FOOLISH tout! What else do you have going for you? Absolutely NOTHING! You're a waste of human flesh!
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by MelesZanawi: 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:

You bigotted FOOLISH tout! What else do you have going for you? Absolutely NOTHING! You're a waste of human flesh!

Next election in Lagos, come out and talk rubbish, you hear?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by UnabashedIPOB: 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
MelesZanawi:

Next election in Lagos, come out and talk rubbish, you hear?

You're too damn stupid to realize that neither do I believe in your failed country nor do I support and validate your fraudulent selection.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by MelesZanawi: 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:

You're too damn stupid to realize that neither do I believe in your failed country nor do I support and validate your fraudulent selection.

I don't give a rat's asz what you believe or what you support, you and your type are inconsequential nonentities.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by UnabashedIPOB: 12:28am On Mar 21, 2023
MelesZanawi:

I don't give a rat's asz what you believe or what you support, you and your type are inconsequential nonentities.

You have just spoken like a nitwit! I know your type!
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Ovamboland(m): 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nwaetche:
I agree 100% that Lagos is Yorubaland same as Enugu is Igboland and Kanu is Hausa land.

No one has problems with this except mischief makers.

However, just as in Hausa or Igboland, every citizen has a home state where his forebears come from or state of origin. It would not be good for someone from another state irrespective of belonging to same Ethnic group to deny an indigene opportunity to aspire for governorship in his home state due to the fact that his mom or wife is from another ethnic group.

Is is the high of sheer wickedness! Tinubus son wife's is from Anambra state. Would you deny him of being a governor if he come s to aspire as Osun or Lagos governor just because he married from the Igbo nation? mba nu ooh

Gbedebo Rhodes-Vivour is a true Lagosian and a true Omoluabi.

Princess Abiodun Islamiyat Oyesfusi is a princess of the ancient kingdom of Ikorodu Lagos.

Both Gbedebo and Princess Abiodun Islamiyat Oyesfusi are running under LP as governorship and deputy governorship candidate respectively.

Obidients as true patriots will help this exemplary Omuluabis win the Lagos back to the indigenes and residents.

We must not allow these migrants urchins to deceive true Lagosians and patriotic residents from voting GRV and the amiable Princess running under the LP flag.

A new LAGOS is POssible, a prosperous Lagos is POssible.

This is not meant t come from your mouth, you aren't qualified to give this advise, that's why you failed in installing a governor for Lagos
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Easternmind(m): 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
Dshocker:

Edo people were the first settlers, before the Aworis....
Good to know..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Protest In Abuja, As FG Arraigns Nnamdi Kanu In Court (Photos) - Vanguard / Moment Buhari Tapped The Presidential Seat For The Last Time (Video) / Mohammed Fawehinmi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.