Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,260 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie (55119 Views)

Was Kwara State Originally A Yoruba State / Apart From Lagos,which Other Yoruba State Can Obi Get 25%? / Does Any Yoruba State Buy Innoson Cars? Why Is The Igbo Man Hated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
Emola12:
buh can Lagos develop without any other tribes Bro let's forget about all dis trash abeg we are one in Nigeria and we av only one father which is God almighty
lol.....so you think Lagos cannot function without others? Really then how come other states are lagging behind after all different people move around now and stay in different places......you think you leave Lagos or not show up and Lagos will what fall from grace? Get off your small minded thinking and open your eyes to reality
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
7arrows:

Some say yorubas are not to be trusted. Some say Ibos are not to be trusted and others say northerners are not to be trusted. I have personal friends in all tribes, guess what, I trust them all. In my opinion u cannot judge the son for the sins of the father. Shun tribalism . ONE NIGERIA .
lol when the son decides to carry on the sins of the father how do you want me trust him? Until the igbos drop their Biafra struggle they will never be trusted politically by the SW and the north argue with your elders.....✌🏾

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
blackgold2018:
im Igbo and yes I supported Peter obi. Not because he’s Igbo but because I saw him as a better candidate.

But some claiming Lagos is a no man’s land, is very big No for me. At times you guys should learn how to differentiate extremist for the intellectuals.

Every tribes has their extremist. I had an educated Fulani man as my best friend during my nysc at kogi.

Do not generalize that it’s all igbos that have that notion.
you have sense but you know most of your brothers lack it, that's why the Biafra struggle continues till today and until that is let go of nobody will trust the igbos politically in the SW, SS, and the NORTH and you know this as gospel unless you want to lie to yourself

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by XAUBulls: 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
Sewgon79:

Stop saying rubbish and rewriting history with false and nonsense info.

The Oba of Benin had an intermediary in Lagos who used to communicate with the Yorubas ( who was later called the Oba of a particular section of Lagos).

he was a person who traded with the indigenous Yoruba and more of an intermediary or secretary or diplomat of the Oba of benin and if the Yorubas wanted to do business with the Oba of benin he was the intermediary they will use... Lagos was called a farm ( Oko ) and also part of Ogun then the Portuguese came and called the part of Ogun they traded with Lagos.. and it was governed by warring Yoruba tribes that's why the Oba of Benin intermediary called it war camp ( eko ).. over time the intermediary stopped been a Bini indigene and Yorubas took over the post and changed it to Oba of Lagos..
In addition, Lagos Island (Eko) is different from Lagos State.

Lagos Island was the former capital of Nigeria NOT Lagos State. This is the reason why the ill-educated ones among the Ibos for years now mistakenly call Lagos State a no-mans land online and offline and that is a pure insult. It is only these gangs of overbearing Ibos that are notorious for spreading this fake news.

The Oxford dictionary defines a land that nobody owns and is in dispute as a no-mans land. This is not so with any single inch of the
Lagos State landmass. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
Dshocker:

Speaking of history, the Edos' were the first settlers of Lagos, formally called Eko, before the Aworis over took them.
yes the EDOs were the first settlers in Lagos but through their shortfalls in passing it on through heritage the Yorubas took over but we will never deny our history or connection to the EDOS, we see them as our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters......
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by class0247: 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
All Obas of Lagos trace their lineage to Ashipa,[1] a war captain of the Oba of Benin. Ashipa was rewarded with the title of the Oloriogun[2] (or War leader) and received the Oba of Benin's sanction to govern Lagos on his behalf.[3] Some Benin accounts of history have the Ashipa as son or grandson of the Oba of Benin.[4] Other accounts note that Ashipa is a Yoruba corruption of the Benin name Aisika-hienbore (translated "we shall not desert this place"wink.[5]

Ashipa received a sword and royal drum as symbols of his authority from the Oba of Benin on his mission to Lagos. Additionally, the Oba of Benin deployed a group of Benin officers charged with preserving Benin's interests in Lagos. These officers, led by Eletu Odibo, were the initial members of the Akarigbere class of Lagos White Cap Chiefs.[2]

Prior to the arrival of the British, the Oba of Benin had "the undisputed right to crown or confirm the individual whom the people of Lagos elect[ed] to be their King".[6]

The defeat of Oba Kosoko by British forces on December 28, 1851, in what is now known as the Bombardment of Lagos or Reduction of Lagos, or locally as Ogun Ahoyaya or Ogun Agidingbi (after boiling cannons), put an end to Lagos' s former allegiance to the Oba of Benin.[7]

Kosoko was therefore the last Oba of Lagos to remit annual tributes from the people of Lagos to the Oba of Benin. Oba Akitoye, who was re-installed to the throne by the British, "seized the opportunity of his restoration under British protection to repudiate his former allegiance" to Benin and rebuffed subsequent tribute requests from the Oba of Benin.[8][9][10]

Previous rulers of Lagos have used the titles of Ologun (derived from Oloriogun), Eleko and, most recently, Oba of Lagos.[11]
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
yom2:
some times they mean to say: its a cosmopolitan city where all cultures blend
because say we dey blend no mean say make you no give me my respect, a Yoruba man will not try it in the SE an igbo will definitely not try it in the North so why you want Kan dey Try Me for Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
nnamdi640:
That is your business. You and your people go soon cry fire, the riot you did in Ogun and Oyo just because Buhari your favorite president that made you guys to call us 5percentile is still testing his speaker based on new currency you and your people will smell pepper because of bad leadership, don't expect Tinubu to start throwing money from aso-rock.
yen...yen...yen.....continue barking 🐕
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
Iykoto86:
Agreed,but the igbos want to leave this country and every other tribe is working against that.if igbo man can not be trusted by nigerians and other major tribes who have ruling the country is the reason nigeria is a big mess,then let every body go their saperate ways naa.no be fight bros
they are free to leave nobody is stopping them, but that they will leave with Nigerian Land that one is a lie. Let them go to Cameroon or Ghana or Kenya to form their Biafra, as far as I'm concerned they won't do that on Nigerian soil.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2023
nnamdi640:
Say what you know and stop lying make Ogun no visit yo* and your gene**tion. You haven't been to southeast before saying rubbish about not accepting visitors. Just because of four years post you guys are now saying rubbish, same way you called us 5percentile during the time Buhari won, now we are all suffering from his wicked policies, I still know that you guys will cry soon about bad leadership. Atiku won Osun you didn't say anything, it is now Lagos Obi won that pain you guys more, this war of drum you guys are playing will soon backfire.
lol however you look at it Yorubas are the most politically just and you can tell from this last election, we voted well for all parties even the small ones, but our brothers from hell p hate us and see us as their downfall despite not winning anything in the north....but if you think APC will open its eyes down and handover Lagos after all the work they've put in to a Thug in agbada or a Biafra apologist you have another thing coming your way......
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by nnamdi640: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol however you look at it Yorubas are the most politically just and you can tell from this last election, we voted well for all parties even the small ones, but our brothers from hell p hate us and see us as their downfall despite not winning anything in the north....but if you think APC will open its eyes down and handover Lagos after all the work they've put in to a Thug in agbada or a Biafra apologist you have another thing coming your way......
Enjoy your victory while it last. But don't think that it will always be like that for long because there are times you will have to lose. Ensure that you and your people don't wage war when that time comes because if you do we will not take it easy with you guys. Just because Obi won Lagos, you started destroying Igbos properties in Lagos now imagine that he won the election.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2023
nnamdi640:
Enjoy your victory while it last. But don't think that it will always be like that for long because there are times you will have to lose.
lol....APC lost in the North, several of governors lost their state. We even lost Lagos did we cry? No we counted our loses and our wins......but don't think state elections will be the same.......
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by XAUBulls: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
Proudlyomonna:
Lagos is Yorubaland first thing first.

Secondly no be only Igbos dey use that mantra Lagos is no man's land,every Tribe use it,na only bigots relegate that saying to Igbo.
Thirdly while growing up that mantra was only use to charge all man to double up the hustle as no be ya papa village you dey,but this generation hmmm na wa everything must be Tribal gbasgbos grin grin
You have stylishly told a BIG lie there!

It is some very dishonest and overbearing Ibos from the South East for many years now that are the ONLY ones (online and offline) who irresponsibly and gleefully use that very insulting no-man's land term... Not Urhobos, Isokos, Ikas of Agbor region, Nupe, Hausa, Kanuri, Efik, Ibibio, etc.

NOTE: It is Lagos Island that was the administrative capital of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991, NOT Lagos
State which is a larger land mass and was created for the Lagos indigenes on May 27, 1967 by the General Yakubu Gowon government by carving out 95% of
Lagos State from what is now
Ogun State then located in the
Old Western region.

The term no-man's land is defined in the Oxford dictionary as land that belongs to nobody OR land that is in dispute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Proudlyomonna: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
XAUBulls:

You have stylishly told a BIG lie there!

It is some very dishonest and overbearing Ibos from the South East for many years now that are the ONLY ones (online and offline) who irresponsibly and gleefully use that very insulting no-man's land term... Not Urhobos, Isokos, Ikas of Agbor region, Nupe, Hausa, Kanuri, Efik, Ibibio, etc.

NOTE: It is Lagos Island that was the administrative capital of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991, NOT Lagos
State which is a larger land mass and was created for the Lagos indigenes on May 27, 1967 by the General Yakubu Gowon government by carving out 95% of
Lagos State from what is now
Ogun State then located in the
Old Western region.

The term no-man's land is defined in the Oxford dictionary as land that belongs to nobody OR land that is in dispute.

Hmm and ofcus bcus you must do tribal hate you must relegate the saying to Igbo where there are many other Tribes in Lagos.
Well na your palava be that,I no dey follow una do Tribal bunkum,locate your ipob niggies.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Everlastingson: 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2023
Sewgon79:

Do you know that we have Igbo in the Lagos State House of Assembly. We have Igbo in the Lagos Cabinet as a Commissioner.

No single Yoruba person in all the 5 South East states not even a Special Assistant to the Governor. We have many Igbo that we know in Lagos, Oyo and even Ondo civil service. No single Yoruba in all the South East civil service.

University of Nigeria Nsuka, UNN has never produced Yoruba Students Union President.

Obafemi Awolowo University, University of Ibadan, University of Lagos and even Lagos University have produced Igbo as students Union President.

Igbo had been Vice Chancellor at UI and UNILAG. Yoruba can never and has never been VC in any Igbo University, not even Head of Department.

Ondo State Medical University under Olusegun Mimiko appointed an Igboman ad Vice Chancellor.

Nnamdi Azikiwe even wanted to be Prime Minister over Yorubaland but Awolowo never had that aspiration and you think it is normal?

That a tiger moves slowly is not a sign of cowardice. Can Igbo stand a Yoruba person saying Onitsha, Owerri or Enugu Ukwu is no man's land? The Obi of Onitsha once said he came from Ile Ife, but no Yorubaman has ever lay claim to owning Onitsha

Alaba market, several square kilometer of land was given to Igbo by Jakande, but no Yorubaman can own one plot of land in Igboland. MKO Abiola with all his money never got any plot of land. Across Yorubaland who will find streets and closes named after Igbo, you can't find that in Igboland.

But some of your people claim Lagos "Na no man's land"

Each election year, you raise Gubernatorial aspirants in Yoruba territories and you even nod your people on not that you have a better programme but that Igbo should take over Lagos?

When Ojukwu started the war his target was Ore and Lagos? Why?

Have you read history at all? Akintola and many Yoruba were killed during Kaduna Nźeogwu coup but no single Igbo was killed?

Your lord, Nnandi Kanu issued radio life broadcast asking Igbo to attack Tinubu and Sanwo Olu during ENDSARs protests. He said they should attack all Yoruba Governors, Dr Fayemi, Akeredolu etc. The records are there. He even urged them to attack Yoruba police stations and cart away arms? He said Oyingbo is owned by Igbo eventhough Yoruba didn't share any boundary with Igbo people. Some of you even say you own Ile Ife. You deliberately confuse. UGBO (Ilaje) with IGBO

Your statement here has shown that you are another Kanu in disguise. You are an ìngrate. You don't appreciate your kindhearted hosts.

What you have done is to stir hate and avarice. We need to tell you some Home truths about your own history which you arrogantly but stupidly hate to admit

Please be careful not to dip your hands too dip into the lungs of your host so that it will not be bitten mercilessly to your eternal regret. Be aware that madness is not your own exclusive trademark."

99% of this your long epistle is false. Presently a young Yoruba man by name Abiola is contesting for State House of Assembly in Abia State under LP. And he is going to win. How can you understand Igbo people attitude when you have lived all your life in your State. Travel and see. But tell me, why do you not want your brother GRV, son of the soil, to be Governor of Lagos. Why?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by blackgold2018(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
LeonSaab:
you have sense but you know most of your brothers lack it, that's why the Biafra struggle continues till today and until that is let go of nobody will trust the igbos politically in the SW, SS, and the NORTH and you know this as gospel unless you want to lie to yourself
Then why don’t Nigeria allow igbos separate to form their own country Biafra??

Can you answer me this simple question??

Why is Nigeria afraid letting the Igbos go??

Answer me?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by YorubaSamurai: 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2023
ukaface:
;DNo my dear
I am not even in Nigeria grin grin grin
And I am a Registered Nurse
Not like I need to prove myself to you or anything but I just want to point out how stupid you are to think that your assumption about me will make me wail like you’re wailing grin grin grin
shutup and go back to the brothel grin
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Bluntemperor: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
Goodmarlian:
Nobody dey drag land with them,it was just because obi won lagos they felt igbos have outnumbered them in their land hence the yoruba ronu noise.

Why do you pretends as if na today you de hear that talk?
The combination of different Factors that makes people to vote Obi is over and it wouldn't repeat itself in the Governorship election,hope you know!
Yul,God bless you for your forthrightness!
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by nnamdi640: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol....APC lost in the North, several of governors lost their state. We even lost Lagos did we cry? No we counted our loses and our wins......but don't think state elections will be the same.......
Am not talking about governorship election. You watch and see.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by XAUBulls: 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2023
Optional09:
That one said they control lagos…

If they hire me as Lagos State Governor adviser. I will deal with you guys professionally i swear. I have a template to deal with these kind of nonsense and nobody will notice till i reset everyone’s brain.

What business do you control in Lagos, i’ll box you in and make you gasp for air. Before you buy any property in lagos you must show prove of income and we will audit your company’s account.

Lagos state government should immediately start property registration of all the property in Lagos then start zoning. Residential and commercial.

Give me five years i’ll deal with these lousy criminals

Lagos state should design a new tax codes and pass a law that no one should sell land in Lagos State and if you must sell a landed property you shall forfeit 50% of the total sales amount to the state. (all property will go through appraiser)

All commercial activities shall be moved to the commercial zones

I will hire lagosians to be trained to enforce commercial and residential property standard codes. Anyone who violates standard specification code shall pay a fine and failure to pay those fines within a specify period of time shall lead to the forfeiture of such landed property,

There shall be 70% tax rebate for every property owned by indigene of the state.

I am just starting oo
by the time i am done with you, we will know the real owners of the land.

Eti ya were. Sanwoolu will call me and i will work with him next year
In addition...

The Ijebu-Yoruba indigenes of Ibeju Lekki LGA., Epe LGA, and Ikorodu LGA of Lagos State must henceforth restrict the leasing or renting of excess parts of their ancestral lands to non-indigenes especially Ibos since we have seen how these uncouth dudes online and offline taunt and claim to be the masters of the Awori-Yorubas who own 17 of the 20 LGAs in Lagos State (after rushing like tap water into their ancestral area in Lagos, and even Abuja, PH, etc, during the time when kidnappers and armed robbers in the late 1990s to the early 2010s made Iboland or the South East very dangerous to visit). Many Ibos started doing their New Yam Festivals in the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos in Yorubaland, etc, because of the fear of being kidnapped, robbed, and raped by those vicious Ibo criminals like Chukwudumeme
Onwuamadike (aka Evans, who operated with his gang before relocating from Anambra to Lagos to start kidnapping Lagos residents) and they had to start leasing land from the Lagos indigenes, and even in Ogun State. These facts were widely published in major newspapers back in the very early 2000s to 2010 when Ibos had to relocate their elderly relatives in the villages to Lagos, PH, Abuja, etc, for safety from kidnappers who often killed them after collecting huge ransom money. These fueled an abnormal increase in the population of Ibos in Lagos and Abuja for instance.

At the end of the land lease, the
Aworis must ensure the leases are not renewed and recover their lands after demolishing all buildings on them. Period.

In Calabar and many parts of
Nigeria, lands are not sold or leased to outsiders or non- indigenes. Even in Iboland, they do not sell land any how because of the limited lands available and this is why they build tall 6-storey buildings to conserve land space, and kill themselves in serious land disputes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Babinski: 5:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
kellyjc:
A moniker that was created yesterday yet has spent more time here than some that are a month older is here to talk about tribalism while quoting an inconsequential fool who could not put his home in order from the same tribe he detest. Lagos is a south western state but also a cosmopolitan just like Abuja. Every Nigerian has equal rights no matter where they live in Nigeria.
For those of you quoting me, you haven't pointed out to me what part of my comment is wrong.
Nobody is arguing whether or not Lagos is a Yoruba land.
If this has to do with Grv and Sanwolu, then I will tell you that this is the first time a true lagosian is going to rule Lagos. And again,sanwolu is just a place holder.

Every Nigerian has equal rights no matter where they live in Nigeria.

The above statement is still a myth in Nigeria. Can you just by being a Nigerian be Governor of a State without being an indigene of the State in the South East, South-South or Northern Nigeria? Can you be employed into their Civil Service without being an indigene? As long as your State of Origin certificate remains valid and useful, all Nigerians do not have absolutely equal rights no matter where they live.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by luluman: 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
Toneypen247:

Point of correction, it is Igbo and not yeibo. Also I should talk sense to them to vote against their wish? I don't understand. Are we no longer practising democracy anymore? Is it a crime to vote against tyranny and oppression?
Don't try to digress, nobody say they should not practice what ever they want the point is they can be civil in their doings so as not to attrat hatred upon themselves. Courtesy goes a long way in enhancing relationships they should caution their utterances to their host. They should improve upon their manners.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by CartelKenneth: 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2023
Which useless Yoruba people get Lagos?!! No be British people and oil money develop that place?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by CartelKenneth: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2023
ImperialYoruba:

This is not true! It is the opposite.

Lagos is why Ibo is successful. Without Lagos, Ibo is a nobody.

Show me a successful iboman that has zero contact with Lagos. Just one!

U are a foolish useless bastard

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Jogs1900: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ellasure:

Fyi, some Igbo people are already dragging land from these statements I am reading.

All those writing that their families has been in Lagos before Lord lugard and they are in the third generation of Igbo people in Lagos are writing to express a claim to the city of Lagos. But I know that Yoruba people wil equally tell them why they are not at the appropriate time and place.

Wanting to claim indigenes title will require some prove and proven history of the family concern. Most of the claim will fail because upon your arrival at Yoruba land from anywhere you will need to mention the name of the Yoruba family members that welcome your grandfather into Lagos and the relationship at the time. What privileges were extended to you upon arrival and witnesses to up using such privileges at the time.

Did your parents participate in the Yorubaland warfares and on whose side did he fought? Or was your grandfather a captive of the Yoruba intercine warfare and used as a slave and which Lagos family did got attached to?

Man, Yoruba people get traditional practices that you are supposed to be familiar with with your long stay in their land.

These are some questions indigenes title seeking people must respond to.

If you no be Yoruba, you no fit get Oriki

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by XAUBulls: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Hmm and ofcus bcus you must do tribal hate you must relegate the saying to Igbo where there are many other Tribes in Lagos.
Well na your palava be that,I no dey follow una do Tribal bunkum,locate your ipob niggies.
My post was very clear that the
Ibos are the only ones who make that irresponsible comment.

Even Ijaws and some folks from other ethnic groups have criticised these group of young Ibos for making that sick comment here on
Nairaland threads and elsewhere, after getting into verbal altercations over land and historical events in the SS region.

It is very abnormal to be calling a whole Lagos State that has more than 100 Obas from several towns in the 20 Local Government Areas a no-man's land. Period.

I don't have time for any ethnic bunkum. I only stepped in to correct your incorrect claim that other ethnic groups also refer to
Lagos State as a no-man's land. Only Ibos do that without hiding their identity here on NL and elsewhere online because I have been a member of NL since 18 years ago with my older NL account.

Let it rest here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Jogs1900: 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
Everlastingson:

99% of this your long epistle is false. Presently a young Yoruba man by name Abiola is contesting for State House of Assembly in Abia State under LP. And he is going to win. How can you understand Igbo people attitude when you have lived all your life in your State. Travel and see. But tell me, why do you not want your brother GRV, son of the soil, to be Governor of Lagos. Why?
I challenge you to name his root in Yorubaland.
Abiola aka Onyemere is not a Yoruba man.
Just like saying Rotimi Amaechi.is a Yoruba man.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
nnamdi640:
Am not talking about governorship election. You watch and see.
lol if you think the presidential election will be upturned you're even more delusional
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by nnamdi640: 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol if you think the presidential election will be upturned you're even more delusional
Did you see anywhere I said such. Am saying that the faulty electorate system will one day be used against you guys.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Geofavor(m): 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2023
LeonSaab:
nobody is asking you not to live anywhere in Nigeria but to say the states don't have their host is a big no no.....you won't go to kaduna and claim it's no man's Land, a Yoruba man will not go to Akwa ibom and claim it is no man's land , so don't come to Lagos and say it is a no man's land, your father has no knowledge of its history and its host are clearly visible......
Oga rest. Nobody is claiming it's a no man's land. It's a Yoruba Land. However, the growth of Lagos is to be attributed to all tribes in Nigeria. It would be ridiculous of you to ignore the fact that igbos have contributed economically to the growth of Lagos.
You lots are just too insecure.
Igbos are not claiming it's a no man's land.
What is happening is you have been trying to disenfranchise the igbos living in Lagos which is illegal. As long as we are all Nigerians, we have the right to vote in any state we are based in for any candidate of our choice, even if you don't like the candidate. If you have an issue with a candidate, if you think he isn't qualified, if you think he isn't Yoruba, you Yorubas should sue him to court and take him out. Simple.
No other tribe will meddle in this. The only thing the other tribes in Lagos can do is vote for any of the candidates presented in the state. That's all.
If I live in Kano state, I will vote for the candidate of my choice to be Governor, even though I'm not Hausa. If I live in Calabar, I will vote for my candidate of choice to be the Governor of Cross River state eventhough I'm not from the state.
It's only in Lagos that I've been seeing Yorubas saying other tribes should not come out to vote.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Umadam: 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2023
May God bless your generation

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Ekwulobia In Anambra (Photos) / Peter Obi Eating In Bigard Memorial Seminary’s Refectory In 2015. / Nigerian Army Troops Ambush BHT On The High Way Express In The North East(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.