Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie (55063 Views)

Was Kwara State Originally A Yoruba State / Apart From Lagos,which Other Yoruba State Can Obi Get 25%? / Does Any Yoruba State Buy Innoson Cars? Why Is The Igbo Man Hated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by MightySparrow: 5:31am On Mar 05, 2023
This fellow make sense o.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by seguno2: 5:44am On Mar 05, 2023
LegendHero:

No it’s not that. It’s because of GRV past that was unraveled.

Igbos can’t take 1 bit of what they try dishing out.

Let’s say there is an Igbo guy with Yoruba mom, he called Igbos Nyamuri and Osu in many of his tweets and support OPC. Then he couldn’t even speak Igbo and he is running to be the governor of Anambra state.

Will you vote him? Abi no be the same Igbo that won’t even vote Bianca in Anambra again?

Brymo did not even abuse Igbos much before you all descended on him, why them are you gaslighting the Yorubas for descending on Chinedu Gbadebo that most of his past tweet are clearly anti-Yoruba?

Your propaganda and lies will fall yakata again on Saturday.

Lagos must be freed from the chokehold of the Cotonou godfather who has been ruining the state since 1999.
Freedom Now!!!
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by seguno2: 5:47am On Mar 05, 2023
MuchAdo:
Only mischievous piiggidiots think otherwise angry

Only mischievous urchins create fake news and tweets to spread misinformation about tribalism.

Are you one of them, by any chance
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by 1Sharon(f): 6:52am On Mar 05, 2023
It is no longer no man's land again?

Nice to know, we're getting somewhere!
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by vikstandon(m): 6:52am On Mar 05, 2023
Dshocker:

Loool grin

You don't even know anything about your history, the Edos were the first settlers, before the Aworis came....

Go and research properly.

I am not quoting any history.

Read to understand... I said Aboriginals (The indigenous owners), I said Omoluabis (person of good character, humility, courage, honor, who believes in hard work, respects the rights of others, and gives to the community in deeds and in action).

Most who claim "Lagos is our own and Yoruba Land" are far away from the Character mentioned. They don't have respect for the rights of others, they are not hardworking and have not giving to the community in deeds and in action.
All they give is thuggery and exploitation... Still Lagos is their own.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Akanbimi: 6:52am On Mar 05, 2023
You can’t be any dumber. In your shallow mind, it was only your kinsmen that voted for Obi. What’s your brain made of? Rubber?

Goodmarlian:
Nobody dey drag land with them,it was just because obi won lagos they felt igbos have outnumbered them in their land hence the yoruba ronu noise.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by airsaylongcome: 7:11am On Mar 05, 2023
Dshocker:

I don't know what you are explaining; that the mum did this, that the dad was born here, that the grandmother is from here or there.

Oga, as a Nigerian, you have the constitutional right to contest for any elective position, in any part of the country, irrespective of tribe.

Well first of all, there are residential rules that you must meet before you can run for most electoral positions. Secondly, I'm free to run for councilor for Isiala Ngwa South LG. And the people of Isiala Ngwa south a free to saw I cannot be their representative because I'm from Delta
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by 1Sharon(f): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2023
codemaniacs:

I don't watch false documentaries.. I look at what was on ground and decode the original events.

Slaves were never returned to Lagos. The people they call slaves are people the Bri:tish brought to replace the indigenes and make them more influencial than the indigenes and also gave them Yoruba names because the British did not want to empower and employ the indigenes..

That's why a part of Lagos island was the capital and was exclusive for Whyte people only and the "returned slaves". While the places outside the capital were left to decay.

Where did you get this from?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Nicenixon: 7:19am On Mar 05, 2023
Let's us not forget that is only in Lagos state that you will find people from other tribes in top echelon of government offices. Lagos is not only a Yoruba land but a very accommodating state. You can't find a Yoruba man in any state house of assembly in any state in southeast, southsouth or the entire core north.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Odingo1: 7:29am On Mar 05, 2023
Oba of Lagos said it all. Lagos belong to Bini, Egun, Ijaw and Aworis. Yorubas later migrated there in large numbers.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by ChristianMuslim: 7:37am On Mar 05, 2023
Next week Saturday many igbo will be killed in Lagos, some on the polling unit, get sense now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by sulaak(m): 7:52am On Mar 05, 2023
hammerT:
HE HAS LIVED IN LAGOS SINCE 2011 AND BUILT HOUSE, SO THAT QUALIFY HIM TO MAKE SUCH IGNORANT STATEMENT ABI?

THERE ARE IGBOS AND NIGERIANS AT LARGE, WHOSE GRANDPARENTS WERE BORN IN LAGOS.

THEIR PARENTS BORN IN LAGOS AND THEY BORN IN LAGOS AND THEIR CHILDREN BORN IN LAGOS.

LAGOS IS NOBODY VILLAGE, IT IS A COSMOPOLITAN AREA AND A CITY, WHERE COMPLETE STRANGERS LIVE SIDE BY SIDE, USUALLY DIFFERNT TRIBES.

SO IT IS ON THAT BASES WE SAY LAGOS IS NO MANS LAND, BECAUSE WE ARE ALL STAKE HOLDRES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF LAGOS AS OUR CITY STATE.

You are an idiot, how can you call another man's land "No Man Land" because you live there?

Owning a property or shop in Lagos is not the development of the state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Petie33: 7:53am On Mar 05, 2023
Nwaetche:
I agree 100% that Lagos is Yorubaland same as Enugu is Igboland and Kanu is Hausa land.

No one has problems with this except mischief makers.

However, just as in Hausa or Igboland, every citizen has a home state where his forebears come from or state of origin. It would not be good for someone from another state irrespective of belonging to same Ethnic group to deny an indigene opportunity to aspire for governorship in his home state due to the fact that his mom or wife is from another ethnic group.

Is is the high of sheer wickedness! Tinubus son wife's is from Anambra state. Would you deny him of being a governor if he come s to aspire as Osun or Lagos governor just because he married from the Igbo nation? mba nu ooh

Gbedebo Rhodes-Vivour is a true Lagosian and a true Omoluabi.

Princess Abiodun Islamiyat Oyesfusi is a princess of the ancient kingdom of Ikorodu Lagos.

Both Gbedebo and Princess Abiodun Islamiyat Oyesfusi are running under LP as governorship and deputy governorship candidate respectively.

Obidients as true patriots will help this exemplary Omuluabis win the Lagos back to the indigenes and residents.

We must not allow these migrants urchins to deceive true Lagosians and patriotic residents from voting GRV and the amiable Princess running under the LP flag.

A new LAGOS is POssible, a prosperous Lagos is POssible.

Pls bookmark this page I will be here for you on the 13th when you will be shouting rig
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Toneypen247(m): 7:55am On Mar 05, 2023
eagleu:

Lagos was federal capital of Nigeria for almost 100 years, the nations, and by definition all citizens owned Lagos their capital city. Citizens, including Igbos.
When did this talk about No man's land and Igbos being foreigners begin?
Because Igbos were not voting the corrupt government in power?
Yes, politicians want an enemy that they can define for the people, and Tinubu has been successful doing that for the past 20 years.
Even people who fought for one Nigeria and unity of the nation are now tribalistically calling Igbos visitors in their so called one Nigeria

This is exactly what I don't understand. This hybrid democracy that we practice must be stopped. The people should be allowed to vote in who they want without intimidation.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Indifferent12: 7:56am On Mar 05, 2023
pdppower:
Why didn't Vivour-Rhodes add Chinedu to his name before now, if not to wipe the sentiment of the Igbos?
Vivor-Rhodes is more of lagosian than even tinubu.

So yoruba are saying a bonified lagocian cannot be Governor of lagos because his mom is an igbo woman, while they allow tinubu from osun state rule and control them
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Toneypen247(m): 7:57am On Mar 05, 2023
luluman:
Chairman leave grammar and talks sense to your yiebo brothers
Point of correction, it is Igbo and not yeibo. Also I should talk sense to them to vote against their wish? I don't understand. Are we no longer practising democracy anymore? Is it a crime to vote against tyranny and oppression?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by eflintsone(m): 8:00am On Mar 05, 2023
nazicartel:
Who's dragging Lagos with the Yorubas?... It's their land and ppl should respect that.
I am not igbo o but the igbos are dragging it o
Make igbo man dey say lagos is no man's land

There is nothing like "no mans land" sef
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by tafat: 8:00am On Mar 05, 2023
This na just wetin dey, the earlier we all know this the best for everybody.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by nazicartel(m): 8:01am On Mar 05, 2023
sulaak:

Igbos youth and online warrior
nobody deh drag Lagos with una. Na ppl from Osun and the rest deh feel like say them deh drag lag with them. Cookers and the rest never even think reach that side
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by nazicartel(m): 8:03am On Mar 05, 2023
eflintsone:

I am not igbo o but the igbos are dragging it o
Make igbo man dey say lagos is no man's land

There is nothing like "no mans land" sef
They do that to spite them. Nothing else. Inside them, they know Lagos is not their father's land. I have core Lagos friends and they haven't for ones talked about dragging Lagos with them. They see it as jokes. But people from Ekiti, Osun even Kwara are always the ones shouting
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by VGlobal: 8:07am On Mar 05, 2023
hammerT:
HE HAS LIVED IN LAGOS SINCE 2011 AND BUILT HOUSE, SO THAT QUALIFY HIM TO MAKE SUCH IGNORANT STATEMENT ABI?

THERE ARE IGBOS AND NIGERIANS AT LARGE, WHOSE GRANDPARENTS WERE BORN IN LAGOS.

THEIR PARENTS BORN IN LAGOS AND THEY BORN IN LAGOS AND THEIR CHILDREN BORN IN LAGOS.

LAGOS IS NOBODY VILLAGE, IT IS A COSMOPOLITAN AREA AND A CITY, WHERE COMPLETE STRANGERS LIVE SIDE BY SIDE, USUALLY DIFFERNT TRIBES.

SO IT IS ON THAT BASES WE SAY LAGOS IS NO MANS LAND, BECAUSE WE ARE ALL STAKE HOLDRES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF LAGOS AS OUR CITY STATE.

But that does not erase the fact that the aborigines are the real owners of the land
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by lordlugards: 8:11am On Mar 05, 2023
kellyjc:
A moniker that was created yesterday yet has spent more time here than some that are a month older is here to talk about tribalism while quoting an inconsequential fool who could not put his home in order from the same tribe he detest. Lagos is a south western state but also a cosmopolitan just like Abuja. Every Nigerian has equal rights no matter where they live in Nigeria.
For those of you quoting me, you haven't pointed out to me what part of my comment is wrong.
Nobody is arguing whether or not Lagos is a Yoruba land.
If this has to do with Grv and Sanwolu, then I will tell you that this is the first time a true lagosian is going to rule Lagos. And again,sanwolu is just a place holder.
you just opened my mind and wrote everything am thinking.

The game is about GRV and APC will definitely loss
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Segzy19: 8:13am On Mar 05, 2023
Thanks Yul....

It's the no-man's land of a thing that made the king to threaten them with Lagoon the other time ..

I hope they behave this time around otherwise Lagoon never dry o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2023
gworldomer:
Yes . I am Yoruba . I support Peter Obi ( Labour Party). Educated Yoruba vote for Peter Obi ( Labour party). We are tied of APC and Lagos thugs ( Agbero ) .... Labour Party all the way

You're daft, ignorant, unlearned and unexposed. The agberos in the East are worse. They move around with matchets and other weapons.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 05, 2023
hammerT:

BEATEN TO DEATH BY WHO?

DO YOU KNOW, I'M FROM LAGOS?

THAT WAS WHERE, I WAS BORN AND RAISED.

I HAVE BOYZ, IN CASE YOU WANT TO FIGHT.

Born and raised in Lagos doesn't make you one of us. Don't deny your Father's land for Lagos attachment. I repeat, say that rubbish you said outside if you won't be beaten to death. Someone even said that is even if your corpse will be found. grin
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 05, 2023
Love800:
Pls someone should correct me if am wrong

To me, lagos is no man's land nd dat is true.

Since i was given birth to, i ave neva seen anybody who if asked his state of origin and he will say lagos.

Pls someone quote me if am wrong

I'm an indigene of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by BentizilL: 8:29am On Mar 05, 2023
Masterito:
North, SW, SE and SS all votes Obi in Lagos. Naira land is too toxic because bod people like you. Ibos are not dragging Lagos with Yorubas. After all political parties in Lagos featured Yoruba candidate, which shows it is owned by Yorubas. Why are you guys brewing unnecessary hate?
Igbo are dragging Lagos with Yoruba, stop changing narrative...
Don't be unfortunate, even an Igbo that doesn't live in Lagos still tell me Lagos is no man's land 3 days ago... angry
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by elonmuskbaby: 8:31am On Mar 05, 2023
dalass:

Yoruba proverb says that only a ba.stard will use the left hand to point to his father's house. If this Chinedu is a true 'Lagosian' which you agreed is a Yoruba state, will he abuse Yorubas for any reason that's not even personal on a social media like Twitter?

Politically, he can never amount to anything in Lagos state... Thanks to his running and foul mouth.
lmaoo what do you expect of an ipob miscreant? grin

He used his left hand to point at his father's house,now he wants acceptance and support from the Same father's house he pointed his left hand at with the enablement of his bitter side chick mom who was never married to his dad.product of play away match too wan claim stake for him Papa wey he don already despise grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Dshocker(m): 8:31am On Mar 05, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Well first of all, there are residential rules that you must meet before you can run for most electoral positions. Secondly, I'm free to run for councilor for Isiala Ngwa South LG. And the people of Isiala Ngwa south a free to saw I cannot be their representative because I'm from Delta

Look at you, oga ask any lawyer this

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Buhari Now Different From The Man I Knew.....soyinka / June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) / Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.