Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie (55067 Views)

Was Kwara State Originally A Yoruba State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by LeonSaab: 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
nnamdi640:
Say what you know and stop lying make Ogun no visit yo* and your gene**tion
lol your not Yoruba, you have no right to call on Ogun.....don't be ashamed call amadioha with your full chest.....🫠

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Father4all: 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2023
This is why I hate the igbos. They betray themselves
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Ellasure: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2023
greggng:
This line of conversation is unnecessary in this age and time. First lagos use to be the former capital of Nigeria before Abuja became the new capital . Majority of the development that took place in lagos was as a result of lagos being the former capital of Nigeria. Like every other capital city of the world , it attracts people of diverse culture and religion . Many Nigerians are contesting for many political positions in foreign countries ...nobody reminds them.that they are not from there. People are interested in good governance. Rule of law and due processes . The prime minister of UK is of Indian origin. Only countries with that doesn't wanna move forward keep dragging who is the owner of a state or not ..

I have never seen any igbo man dragging lagos with any yoruba man ...Igbos are interested in there business and peaceful coexistence...sometimes they don't like being boxed to a corner cos there culture and upbringing doest support slave master relationship . They believe boy boy will become oga tomorrow. They speak there kind and stand on what they believe in . Yorubas believe tinubu is there messiah and is words are law..but they should understand that igbos don't buy such sentiment . Igbos believe everyone should ve a chance at being what he wanna be without lucking anyones ass. The day we start appreciating thus differences, that will be the day we love forward as a nation .

The only thing unifying this country today is the Niger delta resources ..assuming there is nothing like that , many would ve called for the break upon this country ...same way they are reminding us that lagos us yoruba land but the failed to acknowledge that the oil in Niger delta is Niger delta property ...what a double standard.

Is not by force to vote for apc on lagos . People should ve allowed to caste there votes freely . Even if an unknown party wins at the e d of the day ,it reflects the will of lagosians not the will of the yorubas . The recently conducted presidential election result in.lagos confirms the cosmopolitan nature of lagos .. Even.if apc like let them go and import many yorubas from other states to occupy lagos , I can bet you they won't be able to withstand the harsh economic programs of the ruling party . Anyone willing to stay put despite all the provocation should be commended...

Fyi, some Igbo people are already dragging land from these statements I am reading.

All those writing that their families has been in Lagos before Lord lugard and they are in the third generation of Igbo people in Lagos are writing to express a claim to the city of Lagos. But I know that Yoruba people wil equally tell them why they are not at the appropriate time and place.

Wanting to claim indigenes title will require some prove and proven history of the family concern. Most of the claim will fail because upon your arrival at Yoruba land from anywhere you will need to mention the name of the Yoruba family members that welcome your grandfather into Lagos and the relationship at the time. What privileges were extended to you upon arrival and witnesses to up using such privileges at the time.

Did your parents participate in the Yorubaland warfares and on whose side did he fought? Or was your grandfather a captive of the Yoruba intercine warfare and used as a slave and which Lagos family did got attached to?

Man, Yoruba people get traditional practices that you are supposed to be familiar with with your long stay in their land.

These are some questions indigenes title seeking people must respond to.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by class0247: 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2023
codemaniacs:

Lagos was a Yoruba farm with the Oyo army protecting it anyone that says anything different is only rewriting history with false history.

Lol What do you know? I bet you are just under 18 trying to suggest an opinion instead of fact. Go and watch that documentary and you will see that elders of Lagos know their original and there are facts in that documentary. Mind you, it was not made by Igbos but chiefs from Lagos. The slaves that returned back to Lagos where over 10% of the Lagos population. There are of different tribe of Nigeria. Are you now telling me that they are not also lagosians?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by codemaniacs: 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2023
truthhurtsnaira:

Wrong... Nigeria was practicing then CORRUPTION and TRIBALISM.... The Wild Wild West- CORRUPTION, The North with Ahmadu Bello who would rather hire expatriate OYIBO than other Nigerians- TRIBALISM.

It was only East and Midwest that had some sense of normalcy....

One Nigerian soldiers led and SUPPORTED the military coup that tried to end Corruption and Tribalism- not ending the Regions.

The most famous picture of Nzeogwu was officially cropped because HASSAN KATSINA was standing next to him as a supporter of the coup. (DO your research).

By 1967, Ojukwu in Ghana officially asked for the British model- not ZIK, not Awo, not Bello, not Balewa.... but Ojukwu.... but Gowon was advised by the colonizers to not gree for am..... and the rest is history

A group of greedy and hateful Igbo soldiers accused the other regions of Nigeria of corruption and tribalism because Igbos weren't the ones in control of those regions and because those other regions were richer than their own region..

It's the same as seeing a hard-working rich man and out of the blue accuse him of corruption because he is richer than you..

that's the same thing Igbos are doing to Tinubu today.

The corruption in the SW is not Igbos business.

The corruption in the north is not Igbos business.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by yom2(m): 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2023
kellyjc:
A moniker that was created yesterday yet has spent more time here than some that are a month older is here to talk about tribalism while quoting an inconsequential fool who could not put his home in order from the same tribe he detest. Lagos is a south western state but also a cosmopolitan just like Abuja. Every Nigerian has equal rights no matter where they live in Nigeria.
For those of you quoting me, you haven't pointed out to me what part of my comment is wrong.
Nobody is arguing whether or not Lagos is a Yoruba land.
If this has to do with Grv and Sanwolu, then I will tell you that this is the first time a true lagosian is going to rule Lagos. And again,sanwolu is just a place holder.
then let them sort out themselves ok
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Amaggedon: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
Tell them Yul, tell ur flathearded brodas

But God knows that they can only say that online, not especially now that Tinubu is President
When Tinubu dies I wonder what you will start worshipping ?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by yom2(m): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2023
[quote author=Goodmarlian post=121465053]Nobody dey drag land with them,it was just because obi won lagos they felt igbos have outnumbered them in their land hence the yoruba ronu noise.[/quotle] how many people voted
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Shattuck(m): 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2023
LeonSaab:
nobody is asking you not to live anywhere in Nigeria but to say the states don't have their host is a big no no.....you won't go to kaduna and claim it's no man's Land, a Yoruba man will not go to Akwa ibom and claim it is no man's land , so don't come to Lagos and say it is a no man's land, your father has no knowledge of its history and its host are clearly visible......
i'm not Igbo and neither do I believe that Lagos is no man's land, my major issue with this argument online what I have noticed is that you folks always bring the Lagos talk as a form of political blackmail, like oh you have to support tinubu and if anyone disagrees you tend to call them anti- Yoruba, if they decide not to vote for apc you call them ungrateful pdp's jandor and labour parties gbadebo vivour Rhodes are both Yorubas but if non indigenes decides to support either of them you guys on the internet always act like you are being backstabbed or betrayed there was a Lagos before apc and tinubu, most non indigenes have lived in Lagos before the tinubu era, no matter the outcome of Saturdays election one thing is certain a Yoruba man will still be the governor of Lagos, for me Lagos is yoruba land.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Iykoto86(m): 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol "Yoruba Ronu" is not noise, it was coined by Akintola a prominent Yoruba politician back in the 60s in a broadcast when Awolowo decided to bring igbos into the party.....he warned that the igbos were not to be trusted, and that if we are not careful one day they would claim our land is theirs.....guess what happened? The igos betrayed Awo during the elections and ensured he failed, the igbos then went to start a coup killing leaders from other tribes including Akintola while sparring the lives of their own elders infacr fir deniability purpose zik and ironsi were conviently out the country the day the coup happened but somehow magically appeared the day after to take power......today we have igbos claiming Lagos is no man's land when none of their fathers know of its history......so when we say "Yoruba Ronu" it is not noise, it is a stern warning to all Omoluabis to remember who they are and not allow outsiders who cannot welcome us in their house to take over ours......
Agreed,but the igbos want to leave this country and every other tribe is working against that.if igbo man can not be trusted by nigerians and other major tribes who have ruling the country is the reason nigeria is a big mess,then let every body go their saperate ways naa.no be fight bros

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by nedekid: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2023
kellyjc:
A moniker that was created yesterday yet has spent more time here than some that are a month older is here to talk about tribalism while quoting an inconsequential fool who could not put his home in order from the same tribe he detest. Lagos is a south western state but also a cosmopolitan just like Abuja. Every Nigerian has equal rights no matter where they live in Nigeria.
For those of you quoting me, you haven't pointed out to me what part of my comment is wrong.
Nobody is arguing whether or not Lagos is a Yoruba land.
If this has to do with Grv and Sanwolu, then I will tell you that this is the first time a true lagosian is going to rule Lagos. And again,sanwolu is just a place holder.
Well said.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Major77: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
Who told you Mr sabi sabi.that how you people continue to cause problem in this so called country.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Dottormentor: 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2023
Good of you the only Igbo boy wey get sense the rest na Amukunmeko
windofchange:
The talks that Lagos is a no mans Land by igbos has been flying around so he decided to respond.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpXSlaBsFPU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by vannessa7(f): 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
okuta007:

Soludo APGA houseboy - if you know what the meaning of Federal Republic means- you will know that an Igbo man can be Governor of Lagos State likewise an Hausa/Fulani man can be Governor of Enugu State or a Yoruba man can be Governor of Kaduna State - IF they have the votes to win

no one no tribe owns any state in nIgeria 🇳🇬 going by the dictate of the constitution

Believe me igbos would have easily become the governor of Lagos state if only they are not lousy, insultive and overbearing, Tinubu already gave then so many opportunities and if only they can live with love and harmony in Lagos the sky would have been their limit, but instead they prefer to challenge the Yorubas and they exhibit hatred towards everyone, even America will not tolerate a foul mouthed uncultured group of people to do anyhow among them and the black American and other nationalities in America knows this, only igbos among the many tribe in Lagos exhibit this toxic characteristic.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by codemaniacs: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
class0247:

Lol What do you know? I bet you are just under 18 trying to suggest an opinion instead of fact. Go and watch that documentary and you will see that elders of Lagos know their original and there are facts in that documentary. Mind you, it was not made by Igbos but chiefs from Lagos. The slaves that returned back to Lagos where over 10% of the Lagos population. There are of different tribe of Nigeria. Are you now telling me that they are not also lagosians?

I don't watch false documentaries.. I look at what was on ground and decode the original events.

Slaves were never returned to Lagos. The people they call slaves are people the Bri:tish brought to replace the indigenes and make them more influencial than the indigenes and also gave them Yoruba names because the British did not want to empower and employ the indigenes..

That's why a part of Lagos island was the capital and was exclusive for Whyte people only and the "returned slaves". While the places outside the capital were left to decay.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by nnamdi640: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol your not Yoruba, you have no right to call on Ogun.....don't be ashamed call amadioha with your full chest.....🫠
That is your business. You and your people go soon cry fire, the riot you did in Ogun and Oyo just because Buhari your favorite president that made you guys to call us 5percentile is still testing his speaker based on new currency you and your people will smell pepper because of bad leadership, don't expect Tinubu to start throwing money from aso-rock.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by UnabashedIPOB: 9:52pm On Mar 04, 2023
MelesZanawi:

But you are spending naira.
Foolish dwarf Biafran goat

You're a mindless idiot!

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Joebayo217: 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2023
observanc1:
Lagos is forever no man's land. Yorubas should go back to oshogbo where they migrated from
na y yourba governor dey govern u ur foolishness dey do press up
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by codemaniacs: 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2023
Iykoto86:
Agreed,but the igbos want to leave this country and every other tribe is working against that.if igbo man can not be trusted by nigerians and other major tribes who have ruling the country is the reason nigeria is a big mess,then let every body go their saperate ways naa.no be fight bros

The Igbos are the ones who truncated regional system and fought to unify Nigeria so that they control the revenue of all regions..

They don't want to leave Nigeria.. if they wanted to leave then all their businesses will be in the SE.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by infogeneral: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2023
Anambra is no man's land!

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Dagenius53: 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
Goodmarlian:

But the land belongs to Nigeria na!
All Nigerians must live anywhere in Nigeria its a must the military will deal with anybody that tries to change that.
And yet Igbos won't allow outsiders to succeed in their own land?
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Dottormentor: 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
What kind of stupid question is that? Moraina
nazicartel:
Who's dragging Lagos with the Yorubas?... It's their land and ppl should respect that.
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Dagenius53: 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol "Yoruba Ronu" is not noise, it was coined by Akintola a prominent Yoruba politician back in the 60s in a broadcast when Awolowo decided to bring igbos into the party.....he warned that the igbos were not to be trusted, and that if we are not careful one day they would claim our land is theirs.....guess what happened? The igos betrayed Awo during the elections and ensured he failed, the igbos then went to start a coup killing leaders from other tribes including Akintola while sparring the lives of their own elders infacr fir deniability purpose zik and ironsi were conviently out the country the day the coup happened but somehow magically appeared the day after to take power......today we have igbos claiming Lagos is no man's land when none of their fathers know of its history......so when we say "Yoruba Ronu" it is not noise, it is a stern warning to all Omoluabis to remember who they are and not allow outsiders who cannot welcome us in their house to take over ours......

God bless you, they want to rule in other man's land but will never allow such in their own land.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by samfrancis1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
They want new Lagos. But keeping Anambra old.. whatever they’re thinking they’re failing

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Ojady(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
Thanks Yul, your Dad raised you well and you represent the few who know the implications of certain misguided statements. Should anyone ride on that statement, such a one is only calling for conflict. If you're Igbo and believe Lagos is no man's land, show or tell us where in the East, a non-Igbo owns a common square foot or allowed to develop? #DoNotAbuseTheHospitalityAccomodationOfYourHost

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by yom2(m): 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2023
LeonSaab:
nobody is asking you not to live anywhere in Nigeria but to say the states don't have their host is a big no no.....you won't go to kaduna and claim it's no man's Land, a Yoruba man will not go to Akwa ibom and claim it is no man's land , so don't come to Lagos and say it is a no man's land, your father has no knowledge of its history and its host are clearly visible......
some times they mean to say: its a cosmopolitan city where all cultures blend
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Tzar(m): 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2023
One of the few sensible SEasterners!
Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Tee2027: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2023
Yul no need telling them the time will come they will push the Yoruba to the wall and they will have no option than to send those ingrates back to the claves wherever they came from.

Our own side we do not allow any stranger to breath but we can come to another man's land and started claiming it, this situation is a big lesson to the Yorubas and I think at this point Sunday Igboho should return home enough of this shit.

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by Skeduw20(m): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
Tell them Yul, tell ur flathearded brodas

But God knows that they can only say that online, not especially now that Tinubu is President

No b Thier faults as all youth voted for labour party... Since we refused to follow our own brand they will say alot abeg if una get gun make una start to dey eliminate the Yorubas so that u ppl can take over.
Awan were

Re: Lagos Is Yoruba State And Yoruba Land- Yul Edochie by bellotaofeek: 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2023
This one get sense ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

June 12, 1993 Election Results By States (Photos) / #EndSARS: Femi Adesina Blames Churches, Mosques / Ekiti Election: Atiku Reacts To Fayose's Distress. Nigerians React

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71