Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55408 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by juman(m): 8:53am On Mar 10, 2023
emmaodet:

See the way they are throwing figures up and down

I do not want to say one hundred percent.
Probably one hundred percent of people tell some form of lies.

Me sometimes when I see Nigerian, I would say I came from Latin America. But people doubt it. So I change it to togo or Benin Republic, because they resemble Nigerians also, particularly if I think I may not meet him in long time. I just want to avoid issues.

I told one Nigerian that I came from togo, but unluckily for me he live close to me so we see regularly. After sometime he wanted to borrow from me. I do not do that, I advice people to go to bank.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by AZUH: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2023
amtheone:

That was how a friend of mine took loan in the UK in 2010 and bought a land in Lekki. The land was not a genuine one. She ended up repaying the loan with her salary. It was not easy for her.

This high risk money making scheme is not always as simple as u guys put it. A lot is involved.
She can arrest the seller and court will return her money . It is very simple . Arrest the seller , charge them for criminal case and file another claim .
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by millionboi2: 9:05am On Mar 10, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are not doing well brother, to be honest with you.

If you are not in the IT or Medical field, and not ready to be doing overtime every month, then you are not ready to break financial boundaries.

Forget people telling you its Yahoo, its wirewire, not entirely true.

Imagine if you get a job paying you $90,000 to $135,000 per year and you live a frugal life and save 50% of your annual income.

In 3 to 5 years you should be able to build a 9 flat 2storey apartment in a Nigeria state capital.
oga xpt for your job type, some amount is impossible..... you just need to stop being in competition with anyone.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by SocialJustice: 9:06am On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So how do Nigerian billionaires do it without going to UK? Credit? How about all these loan apps? If you only knew how quickly credit can become a trap! Google how many credit counseling or credit repair agencies in US.
Bottom line, if you are average in Naija, you'd likely be average in UK too, unless you become exceptionally lucky there - which can also happen in Naija!
That's their own luck. I am speaking for myself and what I know to make that kind of money.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by juman(m): 9:07am On Mar 10, 2023
AZUH:
She can arrest the seller and court will return her money . It is very simple . Arrest the seller , charge them for criminal case and file another claim .

Not so easy to reclaim your money in third world countries where judiciary is less effective.

There are uncountable number of similar cases where money disappear for life.

If we could make our judiciary to be more effective to get one money's back if embezzled, many people abroad would pour in billions of dollars into the country's economy to start businesses.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by juman(m): 9:11am On Mar 10, 2023
Do not expect money to appear in your pocket just because you live abroad.
You have to work hard for it, and be sensible in spending it.
Some hard working people are doing well.
Just any job.

You are in America, grab your American dream, others in Europe or elsewhere, it the same.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 9:22am On Mar 10, 2023
SocialJustice:
That's their own luck. I am speaking for myself and what I know to make that kind of money.

You equally would have been showing signs of it in Nigeria. Believe it or not many underachieving in UK believe they'd become millionaires if they move to US or such. But you and I know they're fooling themselves
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:
I made a comment here that I gross $988k this 2022 and gross $750+k 2021 and have only been in the United States 3 years going to 4 years by June, someone said I’m lying and some other said no true. Now let me explain in details.

Firstly majority Nigerians in the US are not much exposed to living abroad, how things work in the United States, and many Nigerians, USA is their first travel experience/ destination.

What most Nigerians do when they travel to the United States is to get education and become either a Nurse, Doctor or Engineer, Work in the DC ( Distribution center or fulfillment centers) aka warehouse, housekeepers, some are Uber drivers and that’s all, which to me is not bad and maybe that’s what works for them and pays their bill.

You make money in healthcare especially RN if you’re ready to work overtime not only in Healthcare but in any other sector, you must work overtime to make more and remember the more money you make the change in your tax bracket, meaning you’ll be paying back to Uncle Sam ( IRS).

While Nigerians are working others are making it big doing business like the Russians, Indians, Chinese, Mexicans and Europeans but Africans are just working with no life.

US is designed in a way that you work and work then govt will take it back through health, that’s why Healthcare is expensive in US because you must surely end up in the hospital with either back injury, cancer or another sickness.

I live in Buckhead, Atlanta GA and to be honest most Nigerians are scared to try out new things and scared of challenges while the Russians, Indians and Chinese are taking the risk to become millionaires.

Russians and E. Europe controls the trucking industry in Mid-West, Indians owns 90% of all the gas stations in the US, Chinese are into importation, real estate flipping and food, Mexicans are into construction, trucking, restaurants, White own 90% of Trucking business in the US and are the major players.

Now to my story, I came to the US with $12300 after my tickets and others, I went straight to a boot camp with GTech and after graduation I got a job with Microsoft Atlantic Station as Data Analyst competing with Indians, after working for 7 months I upgraded my certificate to cloud engineering, then left the Microsoft to work for Walmart HQ in Arkanas as a System Admin, then Networking Engineer then Snr Cloud Engineer, I was earning roughly $110/hr working 40hrs/wk , which I was able to save and form my company ( s-corp).

I bought a 26ft box truck after I left my job to start a trucking company with hope, which after I got a loan from a community bank and added another truck, making it 2, I was driving one of the truck and have a driver in the other one paying him 25% after fuel deductions and both were doing OTR, hauling for Amazon and booking loads off Loadboards, I made in my first year almost $210k gross.

I enrolled for 3 weeks to earn my CDL A, which I saved enough from the box truck and bought a semi doing hook and drop for Amazon and booking off from other brokers I built up a relationship with during the Covid as rate was skyrocketing to even$10/mile and I was covering 4000 miles a week.

I made enough money from the Semi and 2 box truck, which I later sold off the box truck and venture fully into Semi. I approached 4 banks and luckily I was approved. I got firstly 3 semi and 3 trailers then got my Hazmat, Tanker, Twic, TSA endorsements.

I paid off my loans quickly and applied for another business loan with a business deal/plan to banks, I have BOA, Chase, Delta approved my loan/ financing with 3.5% interest rate and I was able to purchase more trucks ( semi and trailers ).

Today I have a fleet ( 12 Tractors with trailers), I have 4 53ft Refeer Trailers, 4 53ft Dry Van, 3 48ft Flatbed, I step deck. I am into LTL, FTL, Dedicated, Long Haul ( Coast -Coast) Hazmat,

I have a dedicated lane FL - Oregon ( Reefer ) 3 times in a week and each trip pays $65,600 3 times in a week

I have a dedicated hazmat lane from NY - CA 2 times in a week ( $88 ,000 a week )

My 3 flat bed makes almost $52000 each every week and my step deck makes almost $30,000 weekly

I have 14 employees, 12 drivers and 1 broker/dispatcher that dispatch my trucks.

I know my overhead expenses are high but as S-Corp, I pay myself $10k weekly as the ceo and works only 4 hrs daily and mostly from home.
Wow, am ready 2 be a Driver in one of ur Trucks

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by BigName101: 9:32am On Mar 10, 2023
mariahAngel:

Just focus on yourself.
As long as you're working hard, and doing your best, don't allow yourself to feel underachieved.
Don't be too bothered by what you see, read, or hear.
Aswear esp what you see online

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by AZUH: 9:40am On Mar 10, 2023
juman:

Not so easy to reclaim your money in third world countries where judiciary is less effective.

There are uncountable number of similar cases where money disappear for life.

If we could make our judiciary to be more effective to get one money's back if embezzled, many people abroad would pour in billions of dollars into the country's economy to start businesses.
Well Not anymore if someone duped you 10 years ago . Criminals case is criminals case . Get the persons phone number and arrest the suspect . He will be charged to court for fraud and file a claim . Doesn’t take one year in court .
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by nony43(m): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2023
franchasofficia:
I am not advising anybody to take loan in Nigeria oh lol

The friend I am talking about took loan in the US. He has been a regular borrower with good credit score cos he pays even before due time due to the nature of business he uses the credit for, so when dollar shot up, I alerted him, he and his wife got the credit and sent down and got the land and started the project.

Thanks. I am not in 9ja.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Unrated900(m): 9:51am On Mar 10, 2023
SavageResponse:

Abroad na abroad, once you don cross Nigerian border you don dey abroad be dat! grin

Lol

Na so he be
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Regex: 10:04am On Mar 10, 2023
frankson1:

Your moniker tells alot why you believed your friend who said he makes £80k per week as a plumber undecided undecided

E fit be say na only him deh run all plumbing work in the whole of Northern England 😂 😂
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Regex: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2023
amtheone:

That was how a friend of mine took loan in the UK in 2010 and bought a land in Lekki. The land was not a genuine one. She ended up repaying the loan with her salary. It was not easy for her.

This high risk money making scheme is not always as simple as u guys put it. A lot is involved.

For someone to be able to get loan, means that person has lived more than 2yrs in that country and this is in contrast to what the OP was saying.

Franchasofficial
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by YorubaSamurai: 10:18am On Mar 10, 2023
azpekuliar:

Na wa o.. dey calm down na. Is he the cause of your financial predicament? When you are on Nairaland shouting Yorubaronu and engaging in tribal wars from morning till night how will you make it. You can't na cheesy Now you are angry at his success.
hahahahaha see this fool.. I get families and siblings for abroad...
You be real mumu I swear grin
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by larrypourl(m): 10:25am On Mar 10, 2023
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6210302/jamb-utme-2021-thread/34#102956996 this you? Wetin small pikin sabi

Not worth stressing yourself over. Still writing jamb or 100 level student sef grin
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by SocialJustice: 10:26am On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You equally would have been showing signs of it in Nigeria. Believe it or not many underachieving in UK believe they'd become millionaires if they move to US or such. But you and I know they're fooling themselves
I have been a landlord in a highbrow area of my town since 2017. I'm here to correct the opinion not talk about material results. I could get into the UK and decide to do only £5m deals and above. Believe me 5 years is too much for me to get to £1m. Credit economies are on their own level, Nigeria is nowhere near that league.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by pacespot(m): 10:53am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.

$10k is a lot of money in Nigeria o, that is about 7.5 million Naira. The fact that you mentioned it this way shows that that amount is a small money in abroad.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Ebubu2: 10:59am On Mar 10, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Things work out differently for people abroad...

Let me say... maybe people who make so much money in just 2 years abroad are destined to shine overseas... it's not like other won't make it... but the grace will be different...

So grace matter
Then we have people running jobs that are not legit.. it may work for them presently.. but the day dey got arrested... they lost everything...

My advice... just ignore and focus on your own success story..

Try and learn Tech pls... easiest way to make it large in overseas
nursing, pharmacy versus tech which would u advice
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Ebubu2: 11:03am On Mar 10, 2023
Emetex22:
Especially in the San Francisco Bay area, it is crazy, I guess I was lucky
boss tech versus nursing versus pharmacy which would u recommend
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 11:06am On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

No you won't win the argument. You are certainly not making $110 per hour regular as a nurse!
If he’s in Northern California in one of the union hospitals he is. Please stop arguing: argh

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 11:07am On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well, you said your nurse friend makes $110/hr. Indeed has the salary range straight from all the employers as 34-85k

Indeed is not a reliable source of income estimate actually

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Kobicove(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2023
AZUH:

You make it sound so easy undecided
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Ebubu2: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2023
chimpad:
Bunch of lairs on this thread! I live in America. I work IT, I'm comfortable and successful, but I can tell you your figures are fictitious and lies.
can you quote the likely average salary you earn in IT annually? it would do us good in estimating.

some people here be claiming 100k per annum. can you validate or invalidate this?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Emetex22(m): 11:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Ebubu2:
boss tech versus nursing versus pharmacy which would u recommend
It depends bro, If u have support, pharmacy is awesome and pays better with ease, Tech is fun and rewarding because it will be a hobby and takes u round the country, nursing is more flexible but stressful but u can work in between shifts and probably easier to attain while doing other hussles.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Manuelmarvyy(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Irumole grin So, you had to create a thread because of my jeje submission on another thread cheesy

250milla is just about $350k. So, that's too much for you to achieve in US within 4 years. Well, we don't do same job. One thing I will say, you will never know what you can achieve if you don't try. And please, do not take me out of contest cheesy Go back and read my post very well cheesy

Can you share link to the post for me to read bro?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by 0monnak0da: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2023
millionboi2:
shot up......no go kill yourself for nothing.
Your mother will did like a rat
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Kobicove(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2023
Villa12:
what is wheelers please?

An 18 wheeler is basically the same as what we call trailers here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by frankson1(m): 11:44am On Mar 10, 2023
Regex:

E fit be say na only him deh run all plumbing work in the whole of Northern England 😂 😂

No mind the guy. He said that his friend works for the "big boys". Some people sha..
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Samuelpaul23: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2023
Good
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 10, 2023
emmaodet:

grin grin grin

I think these people are confused. Most of these guys quoting figures think the same way they easily rake in #1M monthly in Nigeria is the same way it dey easy to rake in $50k monthly in America 😂. LoL, except you're actually a business owner. Most of Those guys quoting figures are actually students on student Visa in the US making nothing more than $1500 monthly. But then it's a faceless forum

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Regex: 11:57am On Mar 10, 2023
frankson1:

No mind the guy. He said that his friend works for the "big boys". Some people sha..

Which big boys? You know eh, Nigerians believe say once you are rich na to deh spend anyhow. UK wealthy men are prudish when it comes to spending.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos / Lagos The Beautiful (Pics) / What Bode Thomas Street, Surulere Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.