Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,534 members, 7,865,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:02 PM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55816 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ebubu2:

nursing, pharmacy versus tech which would u advice

Let me break it down to the best of my knowledge::
1. Nursing you make that money, average of 100k but they work a lot harder than Pharmacist and Tech. I’d you can withstand the stress, and have passion for it, go for it. Also you could incure debt for the nursing school… if you can pay out of pocket great, you will enjoy what you make.

2. Pharmacist: you make good money too, they raise faster than nurses. The new trend now is e-pharmacist who work from home and prescribe medications online. Just like nursing, you will incure debt after school, people talking about them making this big figures and they mention how much they pay in student loans and stuff.

3. Tech: We mostly work remote, have unlimited PTO and all those fancy stuff. You don’t need a degree or incure crazy debt to get your first job and the more your experience the more your income. Here you must find your comfort zone cos it will become your hubby. If you hate what you do, you will be frustrated.

So choose what works best for you, at the end of the day.. all 3 fields guarantee 100k income with 2-3 years of experience.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Buliwyf: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
sunboy:

That’s how they compensate themselves that they are doing great 😊
I remember somebody back when I was in Lagos, he would come home and spend like a drug dealer lol he brags about how he throw a $50k birthday for his gf back in the US and how he works in IT… fast forward to when I moved to the US living in Cali, I decided to visit his state to go learn o make he show me the way lol
I got to realize that baba works in semiconductor clean room as assembling technician make about $17 back then, if we minus his rent from his income there’s no way he would survive. I realize he was a picker for yahoo boys 😂😂😂

At the end of the day, if person no show me their w2 or 1099, Abeg no pressure me 😂

Unfortunately, many innocent people will believe most of these online lies. Some will even leave good jobs and careers and burn bridges just to experience the fiction and start regretting later.

The average online Nigerian is a liar and very dishonest. They are just weak and feel oppressed so they always need to talk themselves up for psychological power over others. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Regex: 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
naijaboy99:
You don't know what you are saying. It is only in Nigeria such things happen. Abroad everyone knows their limit. There is no surprises. Doctors earning $250k annually can't even save $350,000 in 10years. The greatest liars are Nigerians living in Canada and America

UK low-key deh lie too.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
sunboy:

Travel nurses make close to that, what you see online is their base pay/hr, they get additional income from their daily upkeep allowances which goes to paying for their hotel, car rental and stuff. It all does add up.

Ok, so their base salary $51/hr on average (see below), then when you add travel allowance it jumps to $110/hr!!! Anyway what we are discussing is base salary.
$51/hr is still a whole lotsa dough. I can only imagine a poor nurse here in Naija reading this right now cheesy

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
Lewisjohnson:

Wow, am ready 2 be a Driver in one of ur Trucks

Thank you and you must live in the US especially the Southern Coast ( GA, FL, AL,) I can also hire from TN, TX . Must have a clean CDL A, no accident, no violations and no DUI. I Don’t hire SAP. You must be 6 months experience and Solo.

I also hire fresh out of school but but be ready to be team with a professional.

You must have Hazmat Endorsement or TWIC, Tanker

Be ready to 2-3 weeks on the road and 5 days off

My pay is

6 months experience 0.53cent/mile and you cover 3000 miles weekly

6 months and above 0.70 cent

Any endorsements 0.80 cent

I have Benefits

401k matching, health benefits, PTO, PSL, Vacation and tuition reimbursement.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2023
Fredge:

Amazing!

Thank you but to be honest, this is a capital intensive business, I have much overhead but still we profiting,

My insurance for the fleets is more than $100k
Fuel/def/ maintenance is another thing

Drivers pay, tolls, and bank repayments
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Ok, so their base salary $51/hr on average (see below), then when you add travel allowance it jumps to $110/hr!!! Anyway what we are discussing is base salary.
$51/hr is still a whole lotsa dough. I can only imagine a poor nurse here in Naija reading this right now cheesy

No way just their base salary will be 110/hr, the person who said that later said they live in Canada lol 😂 😂 If I no see your w2 or 1099 I no dey believe those figures.

but for sure I know travel nurse who average 6-8k weekly/pre tax o and after adding her additional perks and bonuses.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by youngRx(m): 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2023
xandy84:
Everybody keep talking about doing tech jobs as if all tech jobs pays $100k and let's agreed you land 3 tech jobs that pays $300k annually. How much do you think you will pay in taxes? More than $50k and when you file taxes and uncle Sam sees you doing multiple jobs, you will be surprise how much they ask you to pay back.
The problem with this analysis is that you are assuming all tech jobs pay 100k. Even at that, if you earn 300k annually, even if taxes take away 50% that's 150k net income annually. If you're not extravagant, you can survive on 40 to 50k annually. (Most Americans survive on less than 40k yearly and they're doing fine) . If you save 100k yearly, what is 300k (#200M) that you won't save after 4 to 5 years of staying abroad??

The truth is, this may not be the reality of everybody abroad, but there is no denying that there are actually people who are earning this much and living within their means
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Buliwyf: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2023
naijaboy99:
You can keep dreaming. After dreaming you go still wake up and go your $15 per hour job. I doubt you don chop today. Even doctors will struggle to raise $100k cash. You are allowed to mumu yourself here. Your true reality will continue to flog sense enter your head

Guy you be savage. 🤣🤣🤣

I don mark your moniker here. Nothing go ever make me find your trouble for this Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by azpekuliar: 3:13pm On Mar 10, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
motor accident will take away your life untimely if you don't stop quoting me

My death won’t stop you from being a miserable low-life.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
post prove here or shutup

Sorry I don’t need to prove anything to you, believe it or not, I have said what I said

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2023
naijaboy99:
shut up your mouth forever. You and your wife earn a combined salary of $60,000. You can't even afford a ticket to Nigeria and still struggling to get your papers. Creating fantasy in your head is how you try to heal yourself from depression

You must be useni1 or Timesup247 grin

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by YorubaSamurai: 3:25pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

Sorry I don’t need to prove anything to you, believe it or not, I have said what I said
lying nincompoop grin
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

Thank you and you must live in the US especially the Southern Coast ( GA, FL, AL,) I can also hire from TN, TX . Must have a clean CDL A, no accident, no violations and no DUI. I Don’t hire SAP. You must be 6 months experience and Solo.

I also hire fresh out of school but but be ready to be team with a professional.

You must have Hazmat Endorsement or TWIC, Tanker

Be ready to 2-3 weeks on the road and 5 days off

My pay is

6 months experience 0.53cent/mile and you cover 3000 miles weekly

6 months and above 0.70 cent

Any endorsements 0.80 cent

I have Benefits

401k matching, health benefits, PTO, PSL, Vacation and tuition reimbursement.

How about life insurance? It's a dangerous job. Do you offer life insurance and how much?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
lying nincompoop grin

Guy you free the matter na, this is a public forum where anyone can contribute, whether their input is factual or not.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
keleto:
For us in Canada, how do we plan to make this money?. The money you guys are mentionng makes me shiver

Move to US. Once you move to US you become a billionaire. Just as when people in Nigeria move to Canada they become billionaire!
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by YorubaSamurai: 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
kroger:

Guy you free the matter na, this is a public forum where anyone can contribute, whether their input is factual or not.
ode shutup.. It is better to keep quiet, than to lie and mislead nigerians

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Cromagnon: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.
loans guy
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Cromagnon: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Moh247:

Living off loans is very risky.. say you are an IT guy with $3,307 to $7000 paycheck after fed and state tax, your Credit score is 700.

If you pay $2000 rent, car insurance, phone and other bills .. how then will you comfortably save to have a 350k hotel in Nigeria, with hostels here and there

so you want soft life
No risk no reward
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
ode shutup.. It is better to keep quiet, than to lie and mislead nigerians

All your entire post on nairaland is filled with curse and hatred. I am Really speechless

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
youngRx:

The problem with this analysis is that you are assuming all tech jobs pay 100k. Even at that, if you earn 300k annually, even if taxes take away 50% that's 150k net income annually. If you're not extravagant, you can survive on 40 to 50k annually. (Most Americans survive on less than 40k yearly and they're doing fine) . If you save 100k yearly, what is 300k (#200M) that you won't save after 4 to 5 years of staying abroad??

The truth is, this may not be the reality of everybody abroad, but there is no denying that there are actually people who are earning this much and living within their means

Sooo, patiently explain the below to us

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 3:58pm On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

If this, if that. You people forget we can easily look these things up online. Bureau of Labour Statistics (BLS) deals with these people's salaries directly and puts everything online. It is not like Nigeria where you are unsure

Do you know how averages work?

And is your argument that there is no RN (regular RN) who’s makes hourly pay that’s up to $110/hr? Is that your argument?

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
cococandy:

Do you know how averages work?

And is your argument that there is no RN (regular RN) who’s makes hourly pay that’s up to $110/hr? Is that your argument?

That was never my argument and you know it. Do you know what mean is? I'm sure the health aide of some billionaire in NY probably clears more than $500K a year. That does not change the fact that 99% of home health aides in NYC make less than $20/hr. That's what mean is - the vast majority

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by cococandy(f): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That was never my argument and you know it. Do you know what mean is? I'm sure the health aide of some billionaire in NY probably clears more than $1m a year. That does not change the fact that 99% of home health aides in NYC make less than $20/hr. That's what mean is - the vast majority
The man said his colleagues make over $110 and you guys called him a liar. I told you that if they are in NorCal then he’s saying the truth and you called me a liar. Neither one of us said this was the norm for every nurse. Now you’re changing story. Are you so sure and want to bet on it?

4 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by LastProphet: 4:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
SocialJustice:
Whatever you believe is not possible for you will never be possible.

You have no clue where I am right now, and I know how many years it took, always know what is fiction even if you have faith
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

Yea trucking and transportation is a big headache when you venture newly into it but with time you will learn, the regulations, insurance, compliance, drivers and again if you are starting with one truck, I will advise you to first get a CDL A, drive for a company and learn,

I admire those who have the time and expertise to delve into the trucking industry, but from what I've heard, it sounds like a complex and risky business. With the potential for truck drivers to abandon their vehicles in remote locations, high repair costs, and insurance expenses, there are numerous moving parts to manage. Personally, I prefer the convenience of selling my own branded products on Amazon and utilizing their fulfillment services, which allows me to operate from the backend.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
cococandy:

The man said his colleagues make over $110 and you guys called him a liar. I told you that if they are in NorCal then he’s saying the truth and you called me a liar. Neither one of us said this was the norm for every nurse. Now you’re changing story. Are you so sure and want to bet on it?

You obviously haven't followed the thread closely. It turned out he was actually talking of Canadian dollars and nurse practioner (which is almost a doctor), and you are still here arguing it!
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by digitalheadline(m): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Hey buddy, are you open to mentoring or partnership?
Kingofmykingdom:

I will teach you on that. I have fleets and run East - west coast. I do reefer, dry van, lowboy, flatbed. I'm into Energy transportation too. Alignment is $150 for Steer tires and $100 for oil differentials. PM is $200 -500

I also do warehousing
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
kroger:

I admire those who have the time and expertise to delve into the trucking industry, but from what I've heard, it sounds like a complex and risky business. With the potential for truck drivers to abandon their vehicles in remote locations, high repair costs, and insurance expenses, there are numerous moving parts to manage. Personally, I prefer the convenience of selling my own branded products on Amazon and utilizing their fulfillment services, which allows me to operate from the backend.

Please brother how does the bolded work?

How can it help a petty trader?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Please brother how does the bolded work?

How can it help a petty trader?

It's a unique industry that requires a thorough understanding of its operations, as well as a significant investment of capital. However, the rewards can be very satisfying."
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2023
kroger:

It's a unique industry that requires a thorough understanding of its operations, as well as a [b]significant investment of capital. [/b]However, the rewards can be very satisfying."

What's the starting capital please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? / Lagos Beach On Fire (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.