Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,431 members, 7,822,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55204 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 5:07am On Mar 10, 2023
kroger:

You can use cloudacademy.com for cloud and for cyber security use cybrary.it

Please which of these is marketable as I am New in these field?

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 5:07am On Mar 10, 2023
amuwo1980:

Cut me soap , am in Chicago

Bro like I have stated na tech I dey do nothing special. For business I have my e commerce site and also sell my brand on Amazon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Goldbw122(m): 5:07am On Mar 10, 2023
You can still be in your home town, Nigeria or any other place and still make it, the difference is the currency value and way of life nothing more nothing less..

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 5:08am On Mar 10, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Please which of these is marketable as I am New in these field?

Go for azure cloud then GCP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by NwaliE01: 5:09am On Mar 10, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Though some may be boasting but to raise 250m in naira is not hard for a real estate investor in US.

I believe so much in real estate investment and my new focus is on smaller cities with good prospects.

A lot of guys in the States especially Anambra boys are into real estate and they flip homes all the time which is how some of them get legit money to oppress people back home. cheesy

Don't hit yourself too hard, save another 10k making your savings 20k, use it as down payment to buy a home in a small city near you. Don't buy single family home, buy multi family so you can easily rent it out.

The rent you collect will pay the monthly mortgage and still give you some change. Don't use first time home buyer credit because IRS will make you pay it back oo.

After paying the mortgage for two years, buy a second multi family home and grow from there.

Don't worry about the IRS and rental income taxes because you can write them off as expenses when you file your tax return.

The first move to escape low class in the States is to buy a home because paying mortgage is like putting money into your own bank unlike paying rent.

Shalom.
Thank you. It sounds as if you're talking to me.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 10, 2023
kroger:

Go for azure cloud then GCP.

Please if I do self learning would it be enough for me to land a Job?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Crenzywilliams(m): 5:12am On Mar 10, 2023
CXLVII:

You said the truth!

But it’s also possible with high credit score and active LLC

But the debt one would be soaked-in, his/her kids won’t be able to offset it in their life time.
Personal, I have stopped comparisons, I just love our my plan and focus on my hustle, as long as baba God continues to bless me with health and life, I go continue to de okay and bless those around me. That’s what I think it’s about, being able to cater for your needs/wants, and be a blessing to those around you while u can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sonnie10: 5:16am On Mar 10, 2023
Villa12:
what is wheelers please?
Like dangote trailer.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 5:18am On Mar 10, 2023
CXLVII:

So one can keep soaking himself in loans.

Does high credit score pay bills when their is no source of hard cash to offset it?

Credit score indeed!

No mind am. Something that is more often than not, a trap. Unlike in Naija, they offer you everything on credit and you quickly find yourself buried in debt and can't afford to miss a single paycheck at work!
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 5:20am On Mar 10, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Please if I do self learning would it be enough for me to land a Job?

I am also self thought, follow the syllabus and do the labs. Once all is completed and your are confident create your resume,use chat GPT to build your resume and start doing interviews and soon enough you will land the job. The key is to be inundated with whatever u are learning and lab up everyday.

Remember me when cash don dey enter your aza cool

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by abuhusna1: 5:22am On Mar 10, 2023
fashrola:

Abeg dey lie small small lol
DJ Yk Mulee.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 5:23am On Mar 10, 2023
Viltron:
Many of them are scammers. Majority of Nigerians abroad are fraudsters

WE KNOW!! They're in the headlines everyday. Those who haven't been caught tell you how they are performing wonders flipping houses and working 3 tech jobs!
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 5:28am On Mar 10, 2023
SocialJustice:
Ask questions instead of talking like this. I haven't left Nigeria but when I do, I'll attain at least £1m networth of 5 years in the UK, it could balloon all the way to £10m in 5 years.

Ask questions.

Not ask questions.
Look at people who are already in UK and ask yourself why they don't have £10m. If you are so special, there are also people who become millionaires in Nigeria, why aren't you one of them??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by seanwilliam(m): 5:28am On Mar 10, 2023
Failure2019:

Nigeria don brainwash your cerebrum so tey you think say plumbing na poor man's job
so in your village plumbers make 80m in a week?

Even a senator doesn’t make that in a week. Arindin.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by abuhusna1: 5:32am On Mar 10, 2023
Everyone bragging about 100k job should stop lying about your savings cos you are high income category and you pay 45% tax then your annual net pay is 55k stop muleing for us

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:36am On Mar 10, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Though some may be boasting but to raise 250m in naira is not hard for a real estate investor in US.

I believe so much in real estate investment and my new focus is on smaller cities with good prospects.

A lot of guys in the States especially Anambra boys are into real estate and they flip homes all the time which is how some of them get legit money to oppress people back home. cheesy

Don't hit yourself too hard, save another 10k making your savings 20k, use it as down payment to buy a home in a small city near you. Don't buy single family home, buy multi family so you can easily rent it out.

The rent you collect will pay the monthly mortgage and still give you some change. Don't use first time home buyer credit because IRS will make you pay it back oo.

After paying the mortgage for two years, buy a second multi family home and grow from there.

Don't worry about the IRS and rental income taxes because you can write them off as expenses when you file your tax return.

The first move to escape low class in the States is to buy a home because paying mortgage is like putting money into your own bank unlike paying rent.

Shalom.

Saving 20k to buy a multiplex while still not using his FHA… how much % you need as deposit if you’re not making that house your primary residence and not also using your fha lol

You people just say this things only sha lol

Anambra boys in ATL and TX, no worry we know as he dey go lol no come online drop Lamba lol
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by abuhusna1: 5:36am On Mar 10, 2023
kroger:

How much is your net profit.
Abroad will humble you when it comes to net profit or take home but people will be bragging about gross like say na dem get am all

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 10, 2023
I made a comment here that I gross $988k this 2022 and gross $750+k 2021 and have only been in the United States 3 years going to 4 years by June, someone said I’m lying and some other said no true. Now let me explain in details.

Firstly majority Nigerians in the US are not much exposed to living abroad, how things work in the United States, and many Nigerians, USA is their first travel experience/ destination.

What most Nigerians do when they travel to the United States is to get education and become either a Nurse, Doctor or Engineer, Work in the DC ( Distribution center or fulfillment centers) aka warehouse, housekeepers, some are Uber drivers and that’s all, which to me is not bad and maybe that’s what works for them and pays their bill.

You make money in healthcare especially RN if you’re ready to work overtime not only in Healthcare but in any other sector, you must work overtime to make more and remember the more money you make the change in your tax bracket, meaning you’ll be paying back to Uncle Sam ( IRS).

While Nigerians are working others are making it big doing business like the Russians, Indians, Chinese, Mexicans and Europeans but Africans are just working with no life.

US is designed in a way that you work and work then govt will take it back through health, that’s why Healthcare is expensive in US because you must surely end up in the hospital with either back injury, cancer or another sickness.

I live in Buckhead, Atlanta GA and to be honest most Nigerians are scared to try out new things and scared of challenges while the Russians, Indians and Chinese are taking the risk to become millionaires.

Russians and E. Europe controls the trucking industry in Mid-West, Indians owns 90% of all the gas stations in the US, Chinese are into importation, real estate flipping and food, Mexicans are into construction, trucking, restaurants, White own 90% of Trucking business in the US and are the major players.

Now to my story, I came to the US with $12300 after my tickets and others, I went straight to a boot camp with GTech and after graduation I got a job with Microsoft Atlantic Station as Data Analyst competing with Indians, after working for 7 months I upgraded my certificate to cloud engineering, then left the Microsoft to work for Walmart HQ in Arkanas as a System Admin, then Networking Engineer then Snr Cloud Engineer, I was earning roughly $110/hr working 40hrs/wk , which I was able to save and form my company ( s-corp).

I bought a 26ft box truck after I left my job to start a trucking company with hope, which after I got a loan from a community bank and added another truck, making it 2, I was driving one of the truck and have a driver in the other one paying him 25% after fuel deductions and both were doing OTR, hauling for Amazon and booking loads off Loadboards, I made in my first year almost $210k gross.

I enrolled for 3 weeks to earn my CDL A, which I saved enough from the box truck and bought a semi doing hook and drop for Amazon and booking off from other brokers I built up a relationship with during the Covid as rate was skyrocketing to even$10/mile and I was covering 4000 miles a week.

I made enough money from the Semi and 2 box truck, which I later sold off the box truck and venture fully into Semi. I approached 4 banks and luckily I was approved. I got firstly 3 semi and 3 trailers then got my Hazmat, Tanker, Twic, TSA endorsements.

I paid off my loans quickly and applied for another business loan with a business deal/plan to banks, I have BOA, Chase, Delta approved my loan/ financing with 3.5% interest rate and I was able to purchase more trucks ( semi and trailers ).

Today I have a fleet ( 12 Tractors with trailers), I have 4 53ft Refeer Trailers, 4 53ft Dry Van, 3 48ft Flatbed, I step deck. I am into LTL, FTL, Dedicated, Long Haul ( Coast -Coast) Hazmat,

I have a dedicated lane FL - Oregon ( Reefer ) 3 times in a week and each trip pays $65,600 3 times in a week

I have a dedicated hazmat lane from NY - CA 2 times in a week ( $88 ,000 a week )

My 3 flat bed makes almost $52000 each every week and my step deck makes almost $30,000 weekly

I have 14 employees, 12 drivers and 1 broker/dispatcher that dispatch my trucks.

I know my overhead expenses are high but as S-Corp, I pay myself $10k weekly as the ceo and works only 4 hrs daily and mostly from home.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:38am On Mar 10, 2023
CXLVII:

So one can keep soaking himself in loans.

Does high credit score pay bills when their is no source of hard cash to offset it?

Credit score indeed!

Baba just Dey look o 😂😂
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:40am On Mar 10, 2023
sonnie10:
why are you jealous ni?

If you own two 18 wheelers , owner operated , you could make $15k monthly after all expenses including paying loans on the vehicle.

Transportation is at its lowest right now sir.
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:41am On Mar 10, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Anambra boys
Real Estate grin

You think you're talking to fools here.

Baba just Dey look o 😂
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 5:44am On Mar 10, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Things work out differently for people abroad...

Let me say... maybe people who make so much money in just 2 years abroad are destined to shine overseas... it's not like other won't make it... but the grace will be different...

So grace matter
Then we have people running jobs that are not legit.. it may work for them presently.. but the day dey got arrested... they lost everything...

My advice... just ignore and focus on your own success story..

Try and learn Tech pls... easiest way to make it large in overseas

NO MATTER WHAT, if you are doing a regular job and living a regular life, you can't have that kind of money. The only way is if you do deals or something illegal.
Regular 9 to 5 job? No way!!

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 5:45am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:
I made a comment here that I gross $988k this 2022 and gross $750+k 2021 and have only been in the United States 3 years going to 4 years by June, someone said I’m lying and some other said no true. Now let me explain in details.

Firstly majority Nigerians in the US are not much exposed to living abroad, how things work in the United States, and many Nigerians, USA is their first travel experience/ destination.

What most Nigerians do when they travel to the United States is to get education and become either a Nurse, Doctor or Engineer, Work in the DC ( Distribution center or fulfillment centers) aka warehouse, housekeepers, some are Uber drivers and that’s all, which to me is not bad and maybe that’s what works for them and pays their bill.

You make money in healthcare especially RN if you’re ready to work overtime not only in Healthcare but in any other sector, you must work overtime to make more and remember the more money you make the change in your tax bracket, meaning you’ll be paying back to Uncle Sam ( IRS).

While Nigerians are working others are making it big doing business like the Russians, Indians, Chinese, Mexicans and Europeans but Africans are just working with no life.

US is designed in a way that you work and work then govt will take it back through health, that’s why Healthcare is expensive in US because you must surely end up in the hospital with either back injury, cancer or another sickness.

I live in Buckhead, Atlanta GA and to be honest most Nigerians are scared to try out new things and scared of challenges while the Russians, Indians and Chinese are taking the risk to become millionaires.

Russians and E. Europe controls the trucking industry in Mid-West, Indians owns 90% of all the gas stations in the US, Chinese are into importation, real estate flipping and food, Mexicans are into construction, trucking, restaurants, White own 90% of Trucking business in the US and are the major players.

Now to my story, I came to the US with $12300 after my tickets and others, I went straight to a boot camp with GTech and after graduation I got a job with Microsoft Atlantic Station as Data Analyst competing with Indians, after working for 7 months I upgraded my certificate to cloud engineering, then left the Microsoft to work for Walmart HQ in Arkanas as a System Admin, then Networking Engineer then Snr Cloud Engineer, I was earning roughly $110/hr working 40hrs/wk , which I was able to save and form my company ( s-corp).

I bought a 26ft box truck after I left my job to start a trucking company with hope, which after I got a loan from a community bank and added another truck, making it 2, I was driving one of the truck and have a driver in the other one paying him 25% after fuel deductions and both were doing OTR, hauling for Amazon and booking loads off Loadboards, I made in my first year almost $210k gross.

I enrolled for 3 weeks to earn my CDL A, which I saved enough from the box truck and bought a semi doing hook and drop for Amazon and booking off from other brokers I built up a relationship with during the Covid as rate was skyrocketing to even$10/mile and I was covering 4000 miles a week.

I made enough money from the Semi and 2 box truck, which I later sold off the box truck and venture fully into Semi. I approached 4 banks and luckily I was approved. I got firstly 3 semi and 3 trailers then got my Hazmat, Tanker, Twic, TSA endorsements

Very impressive,kudos to you bro. Some of my friends are into trucking and they tell me how much they make but they are very busy with client calls etc. I am not into the truck thing as it seems to me I don't have the strength handle the wahala that comes with trucking.

I am close to buck head area,let's link up.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:45am On Mar 10, 2023
chimpad:
Bunch of lairs on this thread! I live in America. I work IT, I'm comfortable and successful, but I can tell you your figures are fictitious and lies.

Preach it sir! They make the IT and nursing look like the money is unlimited forgetting that Uncle Sam is in the corner smiling lol
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 5:50am On Mar 10, 2023
frankson1:

What type of fresh/new business or investment in Nigeria managed by another person that will make you millions in a short time undecided

Something many abroad have tried and swore NEVER AGAIN!!

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Gadgetmobil(m): 5:50am On Mar 10, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are revealing too much in an open forum, learn to keep some things to yourself angry

Why are Nigerians wicked like you.

So you don't want a fellow citizen to succeed because you have a secret?
That's why the Asians are faring better.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:54am On Mar 10, 2023
naijaboy99:
You don't know what you are saying. It is only in Nigeria such things happen. Abroad everyone knows their limit. There is no surprises. Doctors earning $250k annually can't even save $350,000 in 10years. The greatest liars are Nigerians living in Canada and America

I remember on Dave Ramsey show, some surgeon guy called that he makes 400k and still living paycheck to paycheck 😂😂😂

4 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:56am On Mar 10, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
if you don't stop lying, you will sleep and not wake up
😂😂😂
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 10, 2023
sunboy:

Transportation is at its lowest right now sir.

You are a newbie in the industry and probably you’re taking left over load from the loadboards, the rate is low to you because you’re dealing with brokers.

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sunboy(m): 5:57am On Mar 10, 2023
Okonandmary:

Like they dont pay at all or what? Lol

Also no expenses or bills to pay.

How about experience, who goes about paying 142k to a fresh developer?

Lol leave him. That’s not even an average pay for a developer, that’s like the higher end lol 😂 😂😂 the way they call money in this thread is pretty scary sha

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by PoliteActivist: 5:58am On Mar 10, 2023
Okonandmary:

We don't know if you are lying or not, that is the problem

He/she is lying. See below, the HIGHEST paid nurses make $3k a week, possibly up to 5K with lots overtime

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 10, 2023

I made enough money from the Semi and 2 box truck, which I later sold off the box truck and venture fully into Semi. I approached 4 banks and luckily I was approved. I got firstly 3 semi and 3 trailers then got my Hazmat, Tanker, Twic, TSA endorsements.

I paid off my loans quickly and applied for another business loan with a business deal/plan to banks, I have BOA, Chase, Delta approved my loan/ financing with 3.5% interest rate and I was able to purchase more trucks ( semi and trailers ).

Today I have a fleet ( 12 Tractors with trailers), I have 4 53ft Refeer Trailers, 4 53ft Dry Van, 3 48ft Flatbed, I step deck. I am into LTL, FTL, Dedicated, Long Haul ( Coast -Coast) Hazmat,

I have a dedicated lane FL - Oregon ( Reefer ) 3 times in a week and each trip pays $65,600 3 times in a week

I have a dedicated hazmat lane from NY - CA 2 times in a week ( $88 ,000 a week )

My 3 flat bed makes almost $52000 each every week and my step deck makes almost $30,000 weekly

I have 14 employees, 12 drivers and 1 broker/dispatcher that dispatch my trucks.

I know my overhead expenses are high but as S-Corp, I pay myself $10k weekly as the ceo and works only 4 hrs daily and mostly from home.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge / UK Streets Flooded After 2 Weeks Worth Of Rain Fell In 24 Hours (Photos) / Agbero Train Ride In Brazil (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.