Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,934 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved (55370 Views)

World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Abroad People How Often Do You Eat Nigeria Foods / Toll Gates In Dubai: See What Can Be Achieved With Technology (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Fredge(m): 12:51am On Mar 10, 2023
SocialJustice:
Ask questions instead of talking like this. I haven't left Nigeria but when I do, I'll attain at least £1m networth of 5 years in the UK, it could balloon all the way to £10m in 5 years.

Ask questions.

How will you do that.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by poseidon12: 12:53am On Mar 10, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are not doing well brother, to be honest with you.

If you are not in the IT or Medical field, and not ready to be doing overtime every month, then you are not ready to break financial boundaries.

Forget people telling you its Yahoo, its wirewire, not entirely true.

Imagine if you get a job paying you $90,000 to $135,000 per year and you live a frugal life and save 50% of your annual income.

In 3 to 5 years you should be able to build a 9 flat 2storey apartment in a Nigeria state capital.

You'll save 50% in US/Europe?? Keep dreaming.

6 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by poseidon12: 12:55am On Mar 10, 2023
Failure2019:
Trade day pay big time abroad

My guy way be plumber for Strasbourg day cash out £80,000 per week

Yeah right. Lie Mohammed.

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by ayinba1(f): 12:59am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.

If you are abroad, you should know better and have a more robust idea of how money works. Crunch the numbers and tell yourself how being in “abroad” for 2 years translates to such amounts.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by RussellRutherfo: 1:02am On Mar 10, 2023
franchasofficia:
You are revealing too much in an open forum, learn to keep some things to yourself angry

Let others learn. Stop hoarding knowledge black man.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by eazyd(m): 1:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I was once a Snr cloud engineer earning $70 - $120/hr before start up a S Corp. I have fleets and each cost me between $80k - $200k. I gross $988k and have 14 employees

I’d like to reach out and ask a few questions on energy transportation.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by ddeola: 1:14am On Mar 10, 2023
Bros, abeg maintain your honest life o. All these boys dey do thingz wey you no know. sad sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by akube34: 1:14am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:
Seriously, I've stopped reading the hype of these guys abroad because they're making some of us feel less achieved.

One was talking about a project of #250M hotel completed in Nigeria and I don't even know if na this same abroad I dey with them too. Also talked about him being here for just two years or so and he's bought a condo home, build many hostels for student in Nigeria and on his way to complete a #250Million hotel in Nigeria also.

I been here in this abroad and I can't even boast of $10k USD. It's well Sha. I just hope they're not lying with all these things they're saying.
lol no be only you oooo. I Dey confuse if na same one I dey

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by akube34: 1:18am On Mar 10, 2023
Failure2019:

your guy Dey lie

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Najdorf: 1:22am On Mar 10, 2023
ednut1:
Only people with low self esteem can be oppressed. 250m is definitely not doing legit stuff lol
And you assume 250m means he's doing something illegal?? Quit your backward mentality

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by amuwo1980: 1:29am On Mar 10, 2023
Which abroad is this person in ? He is lying to u, this same America bills want to injure person , even cancer physicians are not getting 400k that easily after every every , abeg make una cut soap for us

7 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Intrepid01(m): 1:29am On Mar 10, 2023
Failure2019:

You are liar and even the devil and his demons are screaming at the level of your lie…..😆😄😁

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Najdorf: 1:31am On Mar 10, 2023
frankson1:

Your moniker tells alot why you believed your friend who said he makes £80k per week as a plumber undecided undecided
You guys won't kill me grin

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Originalsly: 1:32am On Mar 10, 2023
If you keep measuring yourself with others who have achieved more than you can see yourself achieving... then you will always feel this way. Do the best you can and stay in your lane ... all cars don't have the same engine under the hood.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Najdorf: 1:35am On Mar 10, 2023
xandy84:
Guess everybody not in tech is missing out? You must be one dimensional to think so. What happen now when tech industry is in hot red and even the Indian guru losing their jobs? I own a business and I am contented with what I make...

Nairalanders would have you think you're destined for poverty if you don't go into tech lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by xammy(m): 1:36am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:

whats your zipcode ?
which kind job you dey do?

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by adonainana: 1:37am On Mar 10, 2023
Following this thread carefully

Thank God it was in the US the person made his 450k dollars and not in the UK

Uk na your mate, they no born any immigrant in the UK to make £300 k cash in even 15 years self more less 4..

Even the British prime minister earns just about 150k per year and tax is 45 percent for him . ( tax rate in the UK is 20 percent from between £12570- 50720PA, then its 40 percent tax BTW £50721- £150,000.)

So if the prime.minister of a country is been taxed of up to 50 percent and he hasn't even paid his rent, living expenses, etc where he wan save £300k from more less an immigrant with a less paying job

Like they never born that immigrant that would dream of making such big amount here in the UK.

I have never been to the US before but wages there are extremely higher than the UK albeit higher taxes but real good emphasis on high wages

12 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by sulaak(m): 1:37am On Mar 10, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Drug and Yahoo

250m is close to $400,000 USD.. for you to pay your bills mortgage and still have $400k left to build an hotel in Nigeria, you must be earning $50k a month like an athlete

It is very simple: you remortgage your home and release capital to invest in new assets. When the interest rates were low I remortgaged my house and bought three properties that I rented them out as interest only rental.

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by easyflex: 1:48am On Mar 10, 2023
Even though your logic is right, PMI is not that expensive. I also used to think like you with an Ultrconservative approach to investing. Thank God for reading some books and speaking to some people which changed my outlook.
For example, a property I acquired early COVID, I payed only 5% down for a 450k house. PMI is $1800/pa, avg 150 / month. House has appreciated in value and is now about $780k. You can do the math on hiw much equity I have accrued. I used the capital I would have used in down payment on one property to buy several. My average APR is 2.75, my only regret is having not started earlier.

sonnie10:

With 20% you won’t have PMI on your bills. That would have reduced your monthly payment with about $500 monthly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Najdorf: 1:51am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

I’ve been here in US for 3 years and will be 4 years next year June and I make more than $700k annually.2022 I made $988k
Fear God lipsrsealed
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Generalwoodz(m): 1:57am On Mar 10, 2023
EvangDrGeo:

I am a Medical Doctor here in Nigeria. I am 40 years on the dot and I have been working for 10 years here in Nigeria.

How can you help me relocate? I can work and pay back all that you may spend outside my own funds I have saved here.

Everyone here is dependent on me and they all think I am rich because of the Doctor title. It's not so easy for me.

Kindly help me.. I have a daughter but I am still single.

I wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Generalwoodz(m): 2:02am On Mar 10, 2023
Anybody hiring remote position here? I need to just eat

1 Like

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by xandy84: 2:07am On Mar 10, 2023
Average Nigerian always jump on bandwagon just to stay relevant. Couple of years ago, you have to be a nurse or you're a looser, now it tech field. The surprise part is everyone that talks about tech will say they are software engineer and no tele support or mid-level employee. Someone will live a miserable life if you listen to their fake ish life.

Najdorf:

Nairalanders would have you think you're destined for poverty if you don't go into tech lol

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by xandy84: 2:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Did you know rich dad, poor dad author had to filed for bankruptcy cos he can't manage his finances well. It's easy to tell people how to make money and get paid than going out there to make the money yourself.

grandstar:

What you are lacking is financial literacy and that's what the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" series tries to teach you.

You're thinking strictly on a 9-5 level. You work hard for money. Financial literacy teaches how to make money work hard for you.

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Emmanuel909090: 2:23am On Mar 10, 2023
irumole1975:

Your financial speed is dependent on the people you connect with.
Get a better job, and connect with new people, and see magic

6 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by ednut1(m): 2:24am On Mar 10, 2023
Najdorf:

And you assume 250m means he's doing something illegal?? Quit your backward mentality
https://www.nairaland.com/6210302/jamb-utme-2021-thread/34#102956996 this you? Wetin small pikin sabi

5 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by yom2(m): 2:28am On Mar 10, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Have you ever gotten a loan in US and invested in a business in naija? Repaying the loan is no biggie. Ogbeni, possibilities yapa in Yankee.

Btw, where did I mention hostels here and there? I only just completed students hostel block and looking forward to my next project, which is to build a hotel worth 250m. Yo no believe am? cheesy
so why all those ur other bros come dey deceive us now? Abi na wining dem dey wine us? Always tellings us as things take hard for Yankee

3 Likes

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by godwon01(m): 2:30am On Mar 10, 2023
My brother don't listen to all this trash they are saying. I don't know where and how they are getting this money. It is not easy to get this money in the UK . A lot of new emigrants were contemplating of coming back to Nigeria. Honestly , it is very tough here. You pay a lot of bilsl and you spend a lot on foods. The most important things is always pray for good health and enjoy your life as it emanate. Don't look at others wall clock to judge your clock. Good luck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by omoyeni37: 2:44am On Mar 10, 2023
Kingofmykingdom:

There is no shortage of CDL A drivers.
Boss, please can i email you?
Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by Najdorf: 2:44am On Mar 10, 2023
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6210302/jamb-utme-2021-thread/34#102956996 this you? Wetin small pikin sabi
Did I hurt your ego to that extent grin

Like I'm just imagining how much of a sad individual you are. You opened my profile and dug through multiple pages of my comments just to find something you could respond back with. All this from a supposed grown ass manundecided

Sadly, all the time you wasted doing that doesn't change anything. If you believe anyone earning over a certain amount is doing illegal things, you are either extremely ignorant or trying to compensate for your mediocrity. Simple as that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by kroger: 2:47am On Mar 10, 2023
amuwo1980:
Which abroad is this person in ? He is lying to u, this same America bills want to injure person , even cancer physicians are not getting 400k that easily after every every , abeg make una cut soap for us

Bro achieving an income of 400k or more is feasible, but typically requires a profitable business that can reliably generate such earnings. Personally, I earned nearly $450,000 in the previous year through my own business, not even including the income from my two remote tech jobs. Your Circle (friends) and access to valuable information are crucial factors in achieving success.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hype Of These Abroad People Is Making Some Of Us Feel Less Achieved by InvertedHammer: 2:54am On Mar 10, 2023
xandy84:
Did you know rich dad, poor dad author had to filed for bankruptcy cos he can't manage his finances well. It's easy to tell people how to make money and get paid than going out there to make the money yourself.

/
LOL.

There are Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
There are many reasons to file bankruptcy. Remember that it is called Bankruptcy protection. Sometimes it is more of a financial game. Did he file for Chapter 7? If not, he gamed the system like Trump gamed bankruptcy and taxation.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

The Stairs Used To Climb Out Of Arik Airplane (Photo) / Yankari Games Reserves In Bauchi In Pictures / Car Carrying Another Car In Ketu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.