Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? (25048 Views)

Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. / Is It Polite To Ask For The Price Of A Gift Given To You? / How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Blupen(m): 8:29am On Mar 06, 2023
Strawberries97:

This is true. Some people will never understand no matter how you try to put it out to them politely. They don’t even look at your facial expression to at least get the clue.
I had a clingy friend (and by clingy, I am particularly referring to people whose presence around you only deducts and adds little to nothing to your life and they just want to stick around). I had to abruptly stop talking to, I stopped picking up her calls, moved and I’ve made sure she doesn’t know where I stay. I never pick up her calls, only texting once in a while. And I always tell her that I am not in town, I am in the village. I am free now, we chat once in a while.

No polite way for some people, just take the steps and free yourself.
Maybe she want you to knack her nah bros you self jonze

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Strawberries97: 8:32am On Mar 06, 2023
Blupen:
Maybe she want you to knack her nah bros you self jonze

πŸ˜†I am a female and I am straight besides she has a boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Blupen(m): 8:34am On Mar 06, 2023
[quote author=Strawberries97 post=121511432]

Sorry i thought you were a guy

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Sniper101(m): 9:46am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
We've been friends since 2021. She acts clingy, I don't like it, but I've been enduring it so I won't hurt her feelings. I've told her more than twice, but she doesn't stop.

You made her fall for you
Just so you can bed her

Now that you've had ur way with her
She's all over you like bees on honey

And you just not comfortable with the
clinginess she's exhibiting towards ya?

Hahaha grin
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2023
Sniper101:

You made her fall for you
Just so you can bed her

Now that you've had ur way with her
She's all over you like bees on honey

And you just not comfortable with the
clinginess she's exhibiting towards ya?

Hahaha grin
Rest.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Sniper101(m): 10:07am On Mar 06, 2023
I obviously stated the facts.
*smiles
...feels good to be right sometimes
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 06, 2023
Sniper101:
I obviously stated the facts.
*smiles
...feels good to be right sometimes
🌚 You're wrong. She's straight and definitely not my type.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by jimmychang: 11:38am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
We've been friends since 2021. She acts clingy, I don't like it, but I've been enduring it so I won't hurt her feelings. I've told her more than twice, but she doesn't stop.

Those kind people have trauma.Tell her to love herself first.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Candidlady: 11:38am On Mar 06, 2023
CrudeSon:
You are so lucky you have someone who is clingy when most don't care

irony of life

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by JaneDoe2(f): 11:38am On Mar 06, 2023
I don't think it will be possible to get rid of her in a polite way πŸ€”
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by SmartyPants(m): 11:38am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:

Be a little specific - what sort fo clinginess does she show exactly? Coming to your house every day? Blowing up your phone? Following you every where?

The particular nature of the act and the intensity of it will determine how best to discharge her.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by baralatie(m): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2023
Defines clingy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by nairalee(m): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2023
sometimes in life just talking matters out helps

Sit her down, explain why her clingy attitude can be regarded as toxic and why its draining you
Make her see the up sides of being clingy and the down sides.
Make her understand that the downside outweigh the up side.
Let her understand that you value her friendship that's why you've not abruptly cut her off
Then let her know that cutting her off, though is your last resort, but remains an active option
Then advise her to reduce her clinginess so that you can both still maintain your friendship in pure happiness

You may get two reactions
1) She may totally withdraw from you (immature)
2) She may gradually withdraw (maturity)
However, don't be too hasty to experience this change from her. Remember habits take time to change.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Spanki(f): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2023
Berrityga:
Any girl that is clingy to me, nah her Toto go suffer am.

I pity you, it shows you're a kid! The more sperm you give her the fresher she gets, the slimmer you get till you dry up. Then when she gets pregnant, the upper cut will finish you completely. RIPπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜…

12 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Lamanii22(f): 11:40am On Mar 06, 2023
CrudeSon:
You are so lucky you have someone who is clingy when most don't care

As in eh… i wish I had a clingy friend… I have never had a close friend

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by blessedlajah: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2023
Try Dey eat lots of beans and egg your fart go bad na she go dey avoid you 😏

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by DMCA: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
🧐
But you have no problem when its time to bump coochies right?πŸ€”
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Angelfrost(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:

My style is Ghost mode! cool

It never fails... Worked for me well, especially when I was still in the dating game!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2023
INEC did not rig the elections in a polite manner. They compulsively and menacingly perpetuated unbridled impunity, then shoved it down our throats without recourse to propriety or any sense of responsibility.

So tell your friend to her face that she's annoyingly clingy and you've had enough of it.

No need sugar-coating anything!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Popeonah(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
You beg too much. That's why she is too stringy
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by shadrach77: 11:43am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
The truth is you'll never feel someone is clingy if you truly love them. If you feel she is clingy you need to ask yourself if you truly love her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Dshocker(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
I'll try to act mad.

What if you come mad dey go from there? grin
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by DMCA: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2023
Honeybadgerxx:
Turn the relationship to a parasitic one, she go free you bu herself
Become parasite to a pest 😎. Nice😎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by cohimas: 11:44am On Mar 06, 2023
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by CallmeTrinity: 11:46am On Mar 06, 2023
Offer him your anus to drill , tell.him you are suddenly gay and you want him to drill your anus. He will run away.

Idiot since you need advise from totally strangers at your age so take my advice then. Mugu pS: if you are uncluck and he turns out to be a closet gay and jumps at the opportunity to drill your anus well consider it a surprise.

🀣
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by EazyMoh(m): 11:48am On Mar 06, 2023
It simply means she's benefiting more from your friendship.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 06, 2023
SmartyPants:

Be a little specific - what sort fo clinginess does she show exactly? Coming to your house every day? Blowing up your phone? Following you every where?

The particular nature of the act and the intensity of it will determine how best to discharge her.
Blowing up my phone and expects me to be with her throughout the day whenever we meet in school.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by cassidyjosh(m): 11:50am On Mar 06, 2023
Well I am currently experiencing such too, and I was thinking of what to do but I discovered that all you need to do is be true to who you are, don't go out of your way to satisfy her because she is a woman and also dont take advantage of her because she is clingy because you will regret it. Just be yourself bro and once she sees that you are there because of your sincere heart she will respect you and your boundaries. Good luck bro
Nia69:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

* / Bus Crushes Man To Death In Lagos (pic) / Another Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard (2.0)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.