Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? (25061 Views)

Is This Being Clingy? If Not, Tell Me What It Is. / Is It Polite To Ask For The Price Of A Gift Given To You? / How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by don3e(m): 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
We've been friends since 2021. She acts clingy, I don't like it, but I've been enduring it so I won't hurt her feelings. I've told her more than twice, but she doesn't stop.
Fail to upload am and let INEC rig am for you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by DrMuzungu(m): 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
We've been friends since 2021. She acts clingy, I don't like it, but I've been enduring it so I won't hurt her feelings. I've told her more than twice, but she doesn't stop.

If you really want to get rid of her, ask her to lend you money.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
sonofthunder:

What do you mean by Clingy?

Any examples?
People that are very attached to you, depend on you too much and don't give you space.

Stalking your social media activities and texting you 24/7.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
nairalee:

well, I give her an E for effort even though it lasted just 2 days.

I totally relate with what you're saying cause I've been in this boat before. back then I was so mad but thinking about it now I wonder why I even find it amusing now. that's why i dont want u to cut off from her completely.

but for the sake of your own sanity and to get your space u just have to gradually quench the clinginess in her.

after threatening her, I'm sure she'll promise to reduce. Make it a point of duty to always inform her when she's crossing the boundary. Gradually gradually she'll calm down. Like i told u before it ain't gonna be once. It will take your constant guidance and a gradual adaptation from her.

Put simply, you have two options
1) Cut off from her abruptly (effective but brutal)
2) Take her through the gradual process of healing (not instant but diplomatic)

I recommend the 2nd option. It's better to maintain friendships than burn bridges
You're so smart. Thank you.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by TheMaharajah: 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
There's no polite way to deal out rejection.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by manmade(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
If she no care you go complain if she does you go still complain,
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 06, 2023
Isabi4lov:
Maybe she's a lesbian
She's not.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Emmaari: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
Wetin you wan use her number do?

Oga drop number and stop asking irrelevant question, you want help and we your brothers on cyberspace are here to help.

Note..if you don't like the clinginess some piple here may like it, unless u want your case to be like person wey no wan drink water bt yet won't give others
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by beejaay: 1:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
CrudeSon:
You are so lucky you have someone who is clingy when most don't care

She won't understand this point until later in life..
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2023
qtguru:

Is she a good friend or just looking to gain something from you, some people have no one in their lives.................................................................or she could be a lesbian and into you (you never know)

She's a good friend, she's not a lesbian.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
ObeyPaul:
Tell her she has body odour and you're not comfortable with it
grin Wicked.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Emmaari:

Oga drop number and stop asking irrelevant question, you want help and we your brothers on cyberspace are here to help.

Note..if you don't like the clinginess some piple here may like it, unless u want your case to be like person wey no wan drink water bt yet won't give others
😂😂😂
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2023
beejaay:

She won't understand this point until later in life..
I understand it perfectly. You might like clingy people, I don't.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by phemmyfour: 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
Act it!
She will get the message

Stop calling her

Stop visiting her

When she visits, look for an excuse to discharge her

Stop picking her calls

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Isabi4lov: 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
She's not.
Okay or probably she likes you kind of person .

Someone like me , if I love someone I love the person for real and I do respect their privacies.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by DrDunamis(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
Elaborate...
Not enough data to make analysis
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by iamsolasoul(f): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
What about impersonating via stolen lines
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by afiaonline: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
start asking her for money
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by LaSenior: 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
Berrityga:
Any girl that is clingy to me, nah her Toto go suffer am.
and you think your dick isn't suffering it too

Toto no go tire na you go still tire

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by rickleye: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
There is no polite way.
Be clear , precise and let the chips falls where they may.

Expatiate on what you mean by clingy.

I had a gf who I could say was clingy.
Wouldn’t eat without me or off my plate.
Would always lie down next to me on the couch.
Always wanted us to go out together.
Watched almost the same programming or her appropriate TV because she was sacred of my preferred viewing.
Would call 4/5 times when with friends.

At that time, I couldn’t take it.I was not matured.

Now, I miss it cause once I was Hot she was always available.
It usually due to being an only child where the mother was a helicopter mum/parents.

In any case cherish the time cause when /kids come along she would not have your time again.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
DrDunamis:

Elaborate...
Not enough data to make analysis
She doesn't give me space. You know who a clingy person is right?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by MissOpe(f): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
CrudeSon:

That's correct, most people don't give a rat ass about another, but on the other hand, too much of everything can be very irritating...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by MrAndre07: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Strawberries97:

😆I am a female and I am straight besides she has a boyfriend.
Maybe she saw what she wants to become in future in you.
Or you are one of the encouragement for her to attain her ambition.
Or maybe you have similarity in life outlook, and she hardly saw that in others. You just made one of your 'genders' to go astray now. Better call her back o
Or probably you had no boyfriend and thought you needed company, lol.
But Opposite sex clinginess is love sha!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Hermionegranger(f): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
You can't get rid of someone like that in a polite way. You have to be blunt and mean with it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by jeromestarks: 2:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
She doesn't have a bf.
She's a lesbian.
Stand your ground if you aren't a gay.
Tell her to her face that she should always call you first before she comes to your house.

Don't let her ever touch you or use your things again. Tell her you hate it.

If she comes to you house without notice, speak to her from behind the door and say "I am busy right now. Come back later"
Do not open the door.

Make new friends and tell them how much this girl follows your around.
Be frank about not wanting her around all the time.

But if you're one of those stupid lesbian gurls, rob your pvssy against hers until you both cum. NA GOD GO LATER PUNISH U AND THE STUPID GIRL.
Idiots!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by SavageResponse(m): 2:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
I've tried that. It got worse.

Maybe she's a lesbian and she's trying to come on to you?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
why is she clingy.

def

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Don't waste time, Just tell her, you need space to be you. Be honest.

Don't compromise your sanity, tell her, you need your time, but it does not mean you don't want to be friends, be very clear. You need time for yourself, to be a well rounded human, to hear your thoughts, to think about some tasks. cheesy cheesy

Or if you want to be indirect, tell her you need time to do some stuff, and time to do this and that, keep telling her, She will get it eventually. And be firm like a firm parent, do as you say.

Nia69:
She doesn't give me space. You know who a clingy person is right?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by bluefilm: 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
CrudeSon:

Obviously, you have never experienced clingy person/s or people in your life.

At some point, you might even feel like running away from them forever.

To tell you how terrible the situation can be at times!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by nairalee(m): 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
You're so smart. Thank you.

nah, I'm just for peaceful resolution without cutting off ties with her

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Kizito55: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Nia69:
Omo maybe she be Lesbian oooh and she likes you.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of A Clingy Friend In A Polite Way? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2023
jeromestarks:

She's a lesbian.
Stand your ground if you aren't a gay.
Tell her to her face that she should always call you first before she comes to your house.

Don't let her ever touch you or use your things again. Tell her you hate it.

If she comes to you house without notice, speak to her from behind the door and say "I am busy right now. Come back later"
Do not open the door.

Make new friends and tell them how much this girl follows your around.
Be frank about not wanting her around all the time.

But if you're one of those stupid lesbian gurls, rob your pvssy against hers until you both cum. NA GOD GO LATER PUNISH U AND THE STUPID GIRL.
Idiots!
We aren't lesbians. You need to get a brain scan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bus Crushes Man To Death In Lagos (pic) / Another Big Monitor Lizard Got Trapped In My Backyard (2.0) / Who Is Your Birthday Mate On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.