Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? (1500 Views)

Seeking Honest Advice That Could Save My Mental Health. / In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples / Word Of Advice For Men Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by shantti(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
VTJN:
Are you praying for bad thing to befell anyone? Do you wish anyone bad?

Pls answer d question
Don't deviate
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by VTJN(m): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
shantti:

Pls answer d question
Don't deviate
She will obviously stood by him and bounce back

1 Like

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by shantti(m): 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
VTJN:
She will obviously stood by him and bounce back

Ok
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by pps1759(m): 10:06pm On Mar 07, 2023
To my two generals,Never have unprotected sex with a woman you can marry.
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Sharonstone7719: 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2023
People seldom judge you as harshly as you are judging yourself.
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2023
If you can control your emotions, you can rule the world.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
Skyview01:
If you can control your emotions, you can rule the world.
Really grin
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by seanwilliam(m): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2023
Merch:
I will tell him to stay away from girls from broke family angry girls from broke family don’t care about feelings or emotions in relationships they are all about thier survival
Hmmm
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2023
Last week I was just talking to my niece, she's 14 years old... She told me that the reason she no longer visits our family home is because there's this boy in the neighborhood who'd constantly stop her and ask her for a relationship.

My 12 years old nephew did mentioned it during the festive season when they visited but I didn't take him seriously because I thought he was just joking.

This got me mad, but I was shocked by what this girl said afterwards... She said if only the boy had money, she was going to play along just so she could spend his money... I then asked her what was she going to give the boy in return after taking his money, she said nothing.

I immediately reminded her how she's her parents' only daughter and how her parents have high hopes for her and the last thing they want is to see her pregnant while still in her teens.

She kept on emphasizing how she was only going to take the money and nothing more, but I told her to be careful out there because some boys are going to use her love for money in order to take advantage of her and have her way with her, and some guys won't take it lightly with her just taking their money and leaving them in return... I reminded her of this one girl in our neighborhood whose boyfriend nearly ran her over with his car after she took his money and broke up with him afterwards.
Polynek:
Many of us have favourite advice or quote that we can't forget easily, and wish to give such advice to our younger ones.
Mine include the following...
There is no substitute for hardworking.
Work hard and dream big.
Be yourself.
Be self contend.
Listen more and talk less.
Spend wisely.
If you can control your 3rd leg, you hv solved 50% of your problem (boys).
Fear GOD .
And many others I can't really remember now.
So let's hear yours someone can learn something from it.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 11:28am On Mar 18, 2023
Samantha124:
Last week I was just talking to my niece, she's 14 years old... She told me that the reason she no longer visits our family home is because there's this boy in the neighborhood who'd constantly stop her and ask her for a relationship.

My 12 years old nephew did mentioned it during the festive season when they visited but I didn't take him seriously because I thought he was just joking.

This got me mad, but I was shocked by what this girl said afterwards... She said if only the boy had money, she was going to play along just so she could spend his money... I then asked her what was she going to give the boy in return after taking his money, she said nothing.

I immediately reminded her how she's her parents' only daughter and how her parents have high hopes for her and the last thing they want is to see her pregnant while still in her teens.

She kept on emphasizing how she was only going to take the money and nothing more, but I told her to be careful out there because some boys are going to use her love for money in order to take advantage of her and have her way with her, and some guys won't take it lightly with her just taking their money and leaving them in return... I reminded her of this one girl in our neighborhood whose boyfriend nearly ran her over with his car after she took his money and broke up with him afterwards.
WOW grin
But da girl is too small to hv such me to hv such mentality
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 18, 2023
That's the power of social media.

A lot of kids born after 2000 are mostly corrupted by the things they see on social media.

This niece of mine already has Facebook, l was never comfortable with the idea of her having it in the first place, but since she's not my child, there's nothing I can do about it.

One time she left her phone with me and I could see Facebook messages from boys popping up every now and then, I couldn't properly read them because her phone had a pattern.
Polynek:

WOW grin
But da girl is too small to hv such me to hv such mentality
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
Keep your virginity.
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Jollos(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
Don't marry from your mother's state. It is also written in my Will. I was warned but I didn't listen, he should not make same mistake.
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Starz825(m): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
*Love God with all your heart
*Love your neighbor as you would to yourself
*Be not faithless but believing in all situations
*take the redpill and then chase your dreams..

With the above, whatever you are predestined for will surely find you.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 7:39am On Mar 19, 2023
Samantha124:
That's the power of social media.

A lot of kids born after 2000 are mostly corrupted by the things they see on social media.

This niece of mine already has Facebook, l was never comfortable with the idea of her having it in the first place, but since she's not my child, there's nothing I can do about it.

One time she left her phone with me and I could see Facebook messages from boys popping up every now and then, I couldn't properly read them because her phone had a pattern.
Exactly social media has it merit and demerits
But U can still do something
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Something like what?
Polynek:

Exactly social media has it merit and demerits
But U can still do something
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Samantha124:
Something like what?
U can change the little girl attitude by constantly advising Her
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 19, 2023
I stay far and most of the time we only talk over the phone.

So I'm not always there.

I was just talking to her father about it today and I asked him to keep an eye on her... I also asked her big brother, my nephew to warn the boy to stay away from her.
Polynek:

U can change the little girl attitude by constantly advising Her
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
Samantha124:
I stay far and most of the time we only talk over the phone.

So I'm not always there.

I was just talking to her father about it today and I asked him to keep an eye on her... I also asked her big brother, my nephew to warn the boy to stay away from her.
Okay dax good at least U hv tried the little you can.
Are you a student (M or F) ?
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2023
I'm working while studying at the same time, it's distance learning.

And I'm an F.
Polynek:

Okay dax good at least U hv tried the little you can.
Are you a student (M or F) ?
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm working while studying at the same time, it's distance learning.

And I'm an F.
Working while studying
Very nice .
Which school?
I guess NOUN right? cheesy
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
University of South Africa.

Yep.
Polynek:

Working while studying
Very nice .
Which school?
I guess NOUN right? cheesy
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
Samantha124:
University of South Africa.

Yep.
Is the school in South Africa?
Or is jox the name?
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Davidave(m): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance.

Never compare your success to someone else's achievements - that's like comparing your behind the scenes footage to someone else's highlight reel, you have no idea how hard they worked for that one moment. The only person you should honestly compare yourself to is the person you were yesterday.

Be as kind as you can be in all situations, but never mistake kindness for weakness. The mark of a truly good person is how well he treats those with less power.

Question the things your told not to with the most scrutiny. Credulity is not a virtue.

Do what you love but in all things you do, be as informed as you can, for your mind is the sharpest tool you have. There is too much wonder in the world to know only half of the mechanics of that which brings you joy.

Remember that those who have the most, have the most to give.

Measure twice, cut once.

With great power comes great responsibility.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
It's in South Africa.

I'm a South African.
Polynek:

Is the school in South Africa?
Or is jox the name?
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2023
Samantha124:
It's in South Africa.

I'm a South African.
Alright
Can we chat privately?
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
Chat in private as what? Platonic online friends, online brother and sister, or what
Polynek:

Alright
Can we chat privately?
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
Samantha124:
Chat in private as what? Platonic online friends, online brother and sister, or what
Anyhow you want to classify it grin
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
follow your dream(s) and be true to yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Couple Reunited After 10 Years, 24hours Later They Died In Accident Topic: Coupl / .. / Is This A Deal Breaker........ Share Your Experience And Let Us Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.