Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,114 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto (54455 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Kills Private Diko, His Colleague, In Borno State / Tension In Ekiti As Soldier Kills DSS Officer / Angry Soldier Kills Four Of His Colleagues In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by 2mercy: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
A soldier of the Nigerian Army, Lance Corporal Nwobodo Chinoso, has shot dead the Commander of the Forward Operating Base, FOB, Rabah in Sokoto State, Lt. Sam Oladapo.

The incident happened at the weekend.

Mr Chinoso, also shot the FOB Rabah Command Sergeant Major (CSM), Sgt. Iliyasu Inusa, and another private soldier, Attahiru Mohammed, after he had killed Oladapo.

PRNigeria further gathered that, after gunning down his army colleagues, Mr Chinoso thereafter committed suicide by opening fire on himself.

But credible military sources in Sokoto when contacted, however could not ascertain the mental stability of the trigger-happy soldier.

One of the sources told PRNigeria that: “At the moment, the Commander 8 Division Garrison and Commander 26 Battalion are at the location.

“They have made efforts to move the corpse of the slain personnel to the Usmanu Dan Fodio Teaching Hospital, even as they have since ordered an investigation into the cause of the incident”.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a top military officer in Sokoto, told PRNigeria that, “The soldier who killed his FOB Commander at Rabah, and two other colleagues of his, may perhaps be battling operational and psychological stress.

“It is something that is common with military personnel. But that’s not a justification for any of our soldiers to go haywire. Definitely, necessary action will be taken to forestall a recurrence. ”

https://dailynigerian.com/nigerian-soldier-guns-fob/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by worried222: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
FTC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by fortunateme: 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Wasted effort. While not take out the imposter instead? copl chinonso no try

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Machinegun91(m): 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2023
Rest in peace Chinonso?

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by incandescentena: 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Zenith Bank is the most useless banking company in the whole of Nigeria today. Its staffs, share holders, board members, CEO's(pass & present) are all worthless useless folks.

To the topic: What sort of unprofessionalism is displayed by some men of the Nigeria military these days

RIP Soldier!

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Goodmarlian: 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
Them don frustrate him life.

170 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
Family matter. As a bloody civilian I have nothing to say.

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
2mercy:

But credible military sources in Sokoto when contacted, however could not ascertain the mental stability of the trigger-happy soldier

PTSD or maybe something personal.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Parachoko: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
This is so sad

He might be suffering from PTSD

May their soul RIP

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Quality20(m): 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2023
fortunateme:
Wasted effort. While not take out thiefnubù instead? copl chinonso no try
I'm not shocked at ur statement.Igbo's are just too wicked n bad such that they can actually bite a human being n commit genocide. Let's see how u guys gonna produce a Nigerian president?

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by AustineE1: 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
In military tradition when ugly incidents like this happen,names of parties involved are kept secret. Moreso,it is not pleasant for the families of both the offender and the victims to hear of there death via social media. This is against military rules of engagement. RIP to the dead,so sad.

152 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Racoon(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Two things! Person beef or post-traumatic stress disorder.

10 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by incandescentena: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
AustineE1:
In military tradition when ugly incidents like this happen,names of parties involved are kept secret. Moreso,it is not pleasant for the families of both the offender and the victims to hear of there death via social media. This is against military rules of engagement. RIP to the dead,so sad.
Is the media keeping up to it professionalism? This is jungle jounalism practice in naija

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by loosecanon50(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
Too bad. I’m sure the gallant man who misfired must be suffering from mental illness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Berrityga: 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
How can one have the courage to kill himself. Some people get mind sha. Me here kill mosquito I will be shooting blood of Jesus up and down.

14 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Phoen1X: 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
Quality20:
I'm not shocked at ur statement.Igbo's are just too wicked n bad such that they can actually bite a human being n commit genocide. Let's see how u guys gonna produce a Nigerian president?
Seems like madness runs in your family DNA.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Babalegba(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
fortunateme:
Wasted effort. While not take out thiefnubù instead? copl chinonso no try
I hope you get arrested by the DSS for wishing our president in waiting dead. You knuckleheads will soon get your comeuppance. Free speech does not give you the right to incite criminal and murderous activities. I'm sure examples will be set eventually.Knucklehead tosser.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by fortunateme: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
Babalegba:
I hope you get arrested by the DSS for wishing our president in waiting dead. You knuckleheads will soon get your comeuppance. Free speech does not give you the right to incite criminal and murderous activities. I'm sure examples will be set eventually.Knucklehead tosser.
Can you proof this ur allegation in court? Urchin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by fortunateme: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Phoen1X:
Seems like madness runs in your family DNA.
No it doesn't. I am sane and more saner than you and ur generation of bastards.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by RZArecta(m): 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
Chai grin these people know the regular idiôts will swallow this story like akamu. God dey sha

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by fortunateme: 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2023
Phoen1X:
Yorubas that i know dont insult strangers except if you are a bat-stard.
you know you're from a generation of bastards.ask what your forefathers did 7generations back. Beginning with ur great grand children will be free borns.
Go hang your self or better still use the lagoon. Were

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Princebest(m): 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
Wahala. Omo, this is scary and disturbing

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Johnn78: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hian
Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by Justicemy8(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
blame tinubu for dis
Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Solders psyche is important. Not many of our army officials are happy. This is where military psychologists come in.
Military Psychologists are the first line of defense when it comes to helping service men and women readjust to civilian life and cope with their problems in a healthy manner.
They also help in assisting military members as they navigate the challenges of military training and their new lifestyle. Nigerian government should make provision for psychologists in the military.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Lt. Sam Oladapo In Sokoto by atobs4real(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
ogun afowofa. so be it . not bad taking suicide as answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnenna Agnes Nnamani Is Dead (Ex-Enugu Governors Wife) / Photo: New Boko Haram Victims: Mass Grave Of Almost 100 Bodies Found In Nigeria / Aminu Tambuwal And His New Wife Maryam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.