Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng (49662 Views)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng / We Present To You, The (voluntarily) Redesigned Nigeria.gov.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2011
Very interesante thread. . . .caramba
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Afam4eva(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2011
DHTML, which one you dey?
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
I just dey chill jare, this is one of the best threads around at this time, i like it
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Maximip(m): 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2011
@yawa
Got the draft

each dept should also have a lead

project manager too can now proceed to give a more detailed design in
collabo with the dept leads
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2011
@maximip
Makes sense.

I will wait till the close out day for document modification (sept. 21) so that I actually know who have and have not signed up, before making next moves.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2011
This is getting more and more alicante by the minutos. dos puntos por yawatide
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by sisqology(m): 6:30am On Sep 20, 2011
omni, sent!
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by OmniPotens(m): 9:40am On Sep 20, 2011
sisqology:

omni, sent!

That yah format na die o, Check your email in some moment.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by OmniPotens(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2011
Please for contributors willing to send in their assignments, please you are urged to use the format below for easier and faster compilation. My email is on my profile.

Full Name:
Roles/Proficiency:

Skype Handle:
Facebook Username/URL:
YIM:
Email:

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Jencejyde(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ yawa,
Got the draft, but who is in charge of the SEO that we can contact
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2011
Jencejyde,

So far, to the best of my knowledge, no one has volunteered for this. Care to step up to the plate? smiley
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by clementcro(m): 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2011
@yawatide, when are we starting this project ?,
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by databoy247(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2011
@ yawa-ti-de

I thought i was placed under the SEO/ Graphics department. And now i can see that there is already some documentation and information sharing. Why am i not included? Or am i being sidelined?

What's going on please, angry
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2011
@clementcro
Per post #132, first things first. We need to close out any missing issues, with respect to requirements. After that, is wireframing (hopefully). If not, we go straight to design phase. At this point, I would like to get at least 2 versions from 2 separate ppl so that we all can judge. After that, coding.

Don't worry, we will start soon. Remember, I said 3 months for this project. There is a reason for that wink

@databoy
There has been no information sharing, outside of this thread. you are to check it at least once a day until told otherwise. So far, I have added the latest docs to this thread and pre-emptively created a facebook group. You were omitted from SEO cos omni didn't have your name down for that but I have added it. Sorry about that though

@all
Until told otherwise, please bookmark this thread and visit it at least 2ce a day, until told otherwise.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by databoy247(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2011
Please what's the name of the group on FB
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2011
@databoy:
Refer to post #127

@all
1) This may go without saying but just in case, please try and read all the posts from the last time you read them and not just the very last post. That way, you are always up to date.

2) So far, only 1 person has commented on the document I posted here. I will take it to mean that everyone is fine with its contents. That notwithstanding, I will wait till the self-appointed september 21 before proceeding with the next steps.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2011
I am very sorry that i will not be able to contribute to this development at this time, because the real *dhtml is still missing. . .
But seriously, i am on some kinda compulsory leave till 6-7 weeks time, the only coding i can handle are backlogs, frameworks and
every other stuffs must be on hold till then, even all new jobs are 100% outsourced at this time.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2011
wow ajaxify! You are making so much money that you can hire your very own outsourcers tongue

@all
Expect "next steps" tomorrow
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2011
I have to keep it like that for now, i have overworked myself this year, i may extend my leave till January if possible.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by tubiz(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

@lakelake
Information architect is the one who ensures that all information posted on the site is in the right place. So for example, taking into account the fact that people look at websites in an "F" pattern, the person would ensure that for example, logo is always at top left, search is at top right, the most important information is, "above the fold" and in general, information is easy to find.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend the book, "Don't make me think" by Steve Krug. It should be in the 2nd edition now

@afam4eva
You asked and I have delivered:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigeriagovng-Redesign-Group/197530770316668?ref=ts

Now, send me your invite smiley

By the way, this thread will still be open, for the purpose of providing updates. As much as possible, I would like for the FB page to be members-only, until we have something to show.

As regards the facebook group you created a page instead and anyboby can like a page and post updates, links and images to the page. It would be better you create a Closed group only that only members can post to. This way anybody that want to join the group have to send a request to join instead this way the group wont be bloated.

I have already gone through the two documents you uploaded and I noticed that my name fell under Tester (Quality Assurance) there is nothing bad about it but I would have prefered Frontend developer or Backend developer instead.

OmniPotens:

Please for contributors willing to send in their assignments, please you are urged to use the format below for easier and faster compilation. My email is on my profile.

Full Name:
Roles/Proficiency:

Skype Handle:
Facebook Username/URL:
YIM:
Email:

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

My details have been sent.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
@tubiz:
1) If you don't mind, create the closed group.  I only know enough about facebook to accept friend invites.  Once you are done, let all of us know wink

2) I transcribed what Omni sent me, regarding your role.  I have taken you out of tester and added you to both front and back end developer roles.  Sorry about that.

@all
1) Webmonk has joined the fray as a graphics designer.

2) In the absence of any feedback, Phase 1 (assignments) ends tomorrow and phase 2 (detailed documentation) starts.  Expect to hear from me regarding this

3) To the effect of #2, an Updated document will be posted tomorrow, complete with breakdown of features for each of the pages
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Koolwilly(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
I'm liking every bit of this, waiting patiently for phase2
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by tubiz(m): 12:23am On Sep 22, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

@tubiz:
1) If you don't mind, create the closed group.  I only know enough about facebook to accept friend invites.  Once you are done, let all of us know wink

2) I transcribed what Omni sent me, regarding your role.  I have taken you out of tester and added you to both front and back end developer roles.  Sorry about that.

I have created the closed facebook group this is the link http://www./172013582877604/ members have to approved before they can join and post. All you need to do @yawa-ti-de is to request to join. After which I will accept the request and make you an admin so that you can accept requests to join as well.

Would be better if the facebook page you created can be deleted.

Members of the group can chat together as if they are all in a chat room.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Koolwilly(m): 6:30am On Sep 22, 2011
I just Sent a request to join. Please Accept it
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by databoy247(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2011
@ tubiz, i have also sent a request to join. Waiting for your acceptance (name: Nwaka Osakwuni)
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2011
tubiz:
1) I have sent you my request to join. Please approve.
2) From facebook rookie (too lazy to google at the moment cheesy) to facebook pro: How do you delete a page?

@all
Currently modifying original doc, to include break down of the home page and all the inner pages (basically, the inner pages will be based on one template). Expect to hear from me soon.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
I have sent a request to join also. ogundipe Anthony (Señor DHTML) or something like that.
I will be contributing to the backend programming / frontend programming later on.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ajaxify
Thanks for signing up.  I have added your name to the positions you've specified.  Please send your contact details to Omni who in turn will send me a combined list.

@omni
You haven't sent me the latest list.  Please do so soonest.

@all
We are now one step closer to actual work.  I have updated the projects doc (attached).  If you don't feel like reading it again (thought it would be a good thing to, considering I have updated "risk areas", "sections" and "assignments"wink, just scroll to the last page ("Page Specs"wink.  This highlights what the pages should look like, assuming no one has any input.  Once approved, wireframing starts (remoranger, are you getting ready?) and after that, we can finally get our hands dirty (design, then coding).

2 of the stated risk factors have raised their ugly heads: communication (not everyone has sent in their contact info) and there not being enough people to fill needed positions.  The latter can be easily fixed though as database work can be combined with back end work and I, and a host of others can handle testing. 

PLEASE SEND IN YOUR CONTACT DETAILS AND REGISTER AT THE (CLOSED GROUP) FACEBOOK PAGE!!

Feedback for the latest addition the projects doc will last till September 23, 2011.  Wireframing will start no later than September 26, 2011.

Next 3 steps (so various peoples can start getting ready):
- Wireframing
- Graphical design, based on wireframes (hopefully we get more than 1 submission, from which we get to vote on 1)
- Front end Design specs (what to use, how to use, peer reviews, etc)

Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by tubiz(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2011
@yawa-ti-de I have accepted the request to join the facebook group and I have added you as an admin.
So you ca now accept request to join.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by OmniPotens(m): 7:17pm On Sep 22, 2011
@tubiz
Thanks for the group initiative!
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2011
Update:

1) Please see attached for updated contact info.  If you have volunteered but don't find your info on there, but have submitted it, I will assume Omni has it and will be sending it to me eventually.

2) Number of volunteers: 38.  Number of those whose contact info I have: 14, or ~37%. Number of people subscribed to our subscribed group: 11, or ~29%.  Communication is key folks

Beginning September 26, I am hoping at least 80% of volunteers will be on the facebook page so we can start communicating from there.  5 pages of NL posts, though appreciated, is getting laborious.  I intend to use this thread to broadcast project progress only, from September 26.

One more thing:
As we start to wade into the "coding bush", it is time for those of you who have volunteered in this aspect to think of your core competencies and where you will fit in best.  We need to get all our ducks in a row before we shoot them.  In other words, we don't want to be in the process of mixing our cake materials, only to find out we forgot to buy eggs.  If you feel you are better off in another area, no worries.  No one will fault you.  Everyone is learning.  Worse case, you can shadow others while working on where you thrive best.

Thanks, and I look forward to your feedback, regarding the page specs.

Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by webguru(m): 2:32am On Sep 23, 2011
Great stuff Yawatide and the team.

Would love to come in, in the area of Social media.

SM strategy, apps, integrations et al.

I have requested to join the fb group.

Name: Segun
Mail: me at segebee.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Saad Abdulganiy Built A House In Ilorin (Photos) / Jack Dorsey Visits UNILAG (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg And Wife, Priscilla Step Out With Their Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.