Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng (49664 Views)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng / We Present To You, The (voluntarily) Redesigned Nigeria.gov.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by instinctg(m): 9:19am On Sep 23, 2011
good work folks
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 10:47am On Sep 23, 2011
webguru:
I assume you meant your email address is segebee@yahoo.com?  Please clarify.

Welcome aboard.  I was actually thinking of SMS but then thought that, assuming there are 150m ppl in Nigeria of which say, 100m are adults who own phones, sending SMS to them would be an expensive venture.  All the same, it doesn't hurt to have it on the site.

instinctg:
Thanks. We are slowly getting there. We just need to get all our ducks in a row, as stated in an earlier post.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by clementcro(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2011
I have sent a Request to join the page on Facebook, please accept my request,

Full Name : Adetunji Opeoluwa Clement
Email: clementcrownrise@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
300m of 400m. . .

If you see your name on this list, it means you've volunteered but haven't sent me your contact info (at least your email address.  Please send it to omnipotens asap as beginning September 26, 2011, communication will be only via email and/or the closed facebook group.  If you've submitted your info to omni already, now is the time to bug the crap out of him  cool

Petres_007
Databoy247
Scopgel1
ajaxify
Timileyin
Shy-One
Frankjoe
Spysense
Maximip
Ogzille
Chillaz
Adewaleh
Afam4eva
LynkYinka
WeMaStER
Develop3r
Slyr0x
Yamakuza
Dual Core

Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by webguru(m): 2:30am On Sep 24, 2011
Nooo,

Its segebee at gmail.com

Bulk SMS is cool tho, but who will be paying?
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2011
@webguru
1) Thanks for the correction. It has been made to the master doc
2) Who will pay for the SMS? My point exactly smiley
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by sisqology(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2011
omni! Where are you oh, i have sent my contact na
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2011
Weekly Update:
We are about to get our hands dirty on this project. We are currently in the wireframing phase. Deadline for this is September 26, 2011. After that, we will have 1 day to review (amongst the volunteers) before we start talking about coding tactics.

I will be providing a weekly update here, every Sunday, till the project is done.

Thanks
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2011
Muy muy bien, carry on por favor
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by OmniPotens(m): 6:34am On Sep 26, 2011
sisqology:

omni! Where are you oh, i have sent my contact na

You can always tell that I am ever here. Your contact info? PM me lemme see if it's on the Master Doc already. Thanks for bugging me grin

@yawa-ti-de You can tell my mailbox is crying with more than Qs and I'm tired providing As. Imagine when someone is asking me if we were going to have the names of all regular webmaster board posters also listed at the end. . . I've answered more than required yet I still keep getting more. Some are even asking me how much we intend to be paid and one especially when I answered me "We weren't seeking for any payments but just trying to continue the rebranding process technologically" he called me a "FOOL". Wonders will never end shocked
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by farouqzaib: 8:26am On Sep 26, 2011
@Omni,
Kpele(sorry)! Just ignore the obnoxious ones. If not for anything, it's enough PR for the volunteers. Nice work guys!
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2011
Yeah omni, ignore biko bia eba smiley

Make use of your email's delete button or the spam button sef, if need be.

Thanks for all you are doing. Just remember, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. D crown dey your head now cheesy
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by instinctg(m): 11:58am On Sep 26, 2011
" Just remember, uneasy lies the head that wears the crown "
Spot on
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by OmniPotens(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2011
Thanks brothers.
But I want to ask something very very very important here.
After populating the list, I never saw a LADY's name on it.
Is Web Designing/Development basically a masculine profession?

Just straight answers needed and don't call names or insinuate anything. I'm all eyes and hands on my mouse ready for action. cheesy
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by databoy247(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2011
i wonder why omni has not submitted my contact details, anyways, my email addy is nwakstar@yahoo.com (not for spammers oh).
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2011
@databoy
1) Sorry for the inconvenience. I have added your email ady to the master doc. You will be receiving emails beginning with the next round. Meanwhile,

2) Go to the closed group on facebook and request an invitation to join: http://www./172013582877604/

3) Wireframes have been submitted and are pending review. You will see that and other stuff on that FB page.

Thanks
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by farouqzaib: 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2011
@Remoranger,
Nice work with the wireframe. Nice layout. The FAQ section can be used to quickly clarify some myths about Nigeria IMHO. Great work everyone!
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
farouq:
1) Man! Remoranger impress me big time. I was expecting it in 3 days but he did it basically that same very day, including my feedback. If ever I am to establish something in the future and am in need of a wireframer, he is the person I will hire first. This is one of the "side benefits" of this project - us knowing who we are not what we are good at. Hopefully, others see it as such. At the rate at which we are going, we might be able to finish this by no later than October 31st.

2) Yep, I had originally had news and events on that wireframe but after looking at it again, I figured, a "why Nigeria?" of sorts would be better there. Besides, it's not like Nigeria has a lot of official events. Another thing I thinking of is a short video explaining Nigeria on that home page. Still thinking about it though. What do you think?
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by sojimade(m): 9:48pm On Sep 26, 2011
sign me up, you can contact me at sojimade@yahoo.com, i'm gud with graphics and animations, i'm also versatile with php and html. So also sql
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by ajaxify: 12:32am On Sep 27, 2011
Remoranger is an off-the-wire interface developer, a top-klass one for that matter.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by dhtml1(m): 12:40am On Sep 27, 2011
Too good a thread to miss out on, caramba!
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by farouqzaib: 8:16am On Sep 27, 2011
@yawa-ti-de, I agree with your idea.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2011
sojimade:
You are now a part of my official records. Since you mentioned graphics and animation first, I take it that is what you are really good at. Welcome aboard.

You still need to register at https://www./172013582877604/ so that you start getting communication from us. This thread will only be for weekly updates till the job is done.

Thanks. I look forward to working with you.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Maximip(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2011
@yawa

requested to join the group, waiting for approval, the nerdy green guy.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by Ymodulus: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
just sent a request
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by dhtml1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2011
I have already requested to join, thank you.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2011
Yep, you 3 have all been added.

So, back end developers (you know yourselves), how come you haven't chimed in on the latest phase? We have been ahead of schedule so far. Don't slow us down now.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by farouqzaib: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2011
@yawa-ti-de, I aready posted a comment on the FB group as regards the back end dev.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by webmpro(m): 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hello, i love this topic, and i would so much like to take part!

Please let me know how to get in contact.

Regards.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
@webmpro:
Send the moderator, omnipotens and email with: your full name, your contact info and your core competency area(s).

Thanks, and welcome aboard!
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by yawatide(f): 7:55pm On Sep 27, 2011
Backend developers, where are you? No one is communicating.

Backend developers, visit this link:
http://www.acewebdevelopment.net/redesign/documentation/nigeria-website-redesign-draft-documentation-091911.pdf

and get your email addresses. Then get together amongst yourselves and set up no more than 3 teams. We NEED to get the issues laid forth below hammered out before designers can start.

You know who you are.

Then report back to the team, no later than September 29, 2011.

The rubber is about to hit the road. Wireframe feedback phase is over. We need to start thinking of the back end coding. Without this, graphics designers can't start their work.

1) CMS or no CMS?
2) If CMS, it must support all the features we want to have and SEO as well.
3) If no CMS, Framework or no Framework?
4) If Framework, which?
5) What back end language?
6) SEO strategy

I personally would like to go out on a limb and assume that even with updates to the site, it will be handled by technical individuals and so we should not go with a CMS. This will also have the added benefit of allowing us to be as creative as possible, design-wise.

Database or no database? Why I ask:
1) I think we should have a database for the following areas:
a) States (info about states, governors, etc)
b) Ministries, Departments & Parastatals (info on these)
c) LGAs? (might be overkill, but if you say we should have one, I'm down with it)
d) Other things I haven't thought of, yet.
Re: Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng by dhtml1(m): 1:16am On Sep 28, 2011
The backend developers dom vanish?

Madre de dios! Ogundipe Anthony Front End Developer
Since when did Senor *DHTML become a front end developer?

BTW, who is supposed to be the LEAD frontend backend developer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Saad Abdulganiy Built A House In Ilorin (Photos) / Jack Dorsey Visits UNILAG (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg And Wife, Priscilla Step Out With Their Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.