Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? (418 Views)

As A Lady, Can You Start Life With A Man That Lives Here? (SEE PHOTO) / How Did You Discover Nairaland And What Year Did You Join / My Girlfriend Took My Phone And Uploaded Her Pictures On My Whatsapp Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Sukkyy2010: 11:45am On Mar 07, 2023
Gone are those days when ordinary Mtn Sim card was Sold 80k( the price my Dad got his own in mid2002). A great joy overwhelmed our house that very good day my dad finally walked into the house with his newly procured Mobile phone with brand name "SAGEM MW 3020" a portable and Antenna headed phone like that. Me and my siblings almost died of receptive feeling knowing fully that Dad was out to get his new phone, nothing as ever trigger Joy within me the way I was so happy that day, I couldn't resist the joy that almost all my friend in school that day I told "my dad is getting his new phone today". My Dad happened to be the first person to use phone in our compound, I could recall my mom friend "Iya Ibeji" had to pressurized his husband to get phone too knowing that my Dad her friend husband has gotten phone( women and their competition habit).

Fast-forward to 2005, I got my first phone( Nokia 1100) the phone has a deep power botton the phone was the first Torch light phone by Nokia, Dad got me the phone even though I had no genuine reason to use phone then. In 2007 I got my personal phone with my personal savings Nokia 2626, that year mobile phone had been well erupted in Nigeria, I was in SSS Class then alot of folk in my class was already using big colorful and web support phone( we call it Browsing phone then) this typical phones enabled users to have access to internet to download music, pictures and games. There was this Igboh folk named "Charles" in my class then, he was the first student in my class to use a web support phone this guy was blessed with almost all qualities ( brilliant, handsome and finally using a latest advance phone) that gave him a popularity among others male students in our class those years.

I managed to wait till Second term of the session, when I finally broke my "Kolo Savings box" after months of severe savings for my own web support browsing phone I was able to procured my own browsing phone Nokia 2626 I can recall the price of the phone till now #7500 nothing can wipe that memory off my head probably bcoz it was my first self finance phone purchased.

No lies money attract friends, the phone attract more friends( fake and genuine friends) to me due to the fact that I'm using a nice phone most expecially a Browsing phone, I noticed many class mate got closer to me so that they could have access to play game on my phone, Oh! this reminds me of real-football, Street Gangstar, Contrast, Hulk, Hellboy and lot more of trending games of those years. By the mention of those games I can never forget the impact of website that played a major role in getting access to those games, websites like Waptrick.com, Sefan.ru, Sharemobile.ro and etc. These websites real made a great impact offering a good childhood memories, Now I'm feeling nostalgic. End

Thank you for reading, Now back to the question, "WHAT YEAR DID YOU BUY YOUR FIRST PHONE OR START USING PHONE AND WHICH BRAND OF PHONE WAS IT?"

3 Likes

Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by sat70: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2023
2006 Motorola c112
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:47am On Mar 07, 2023
'Rock with me' Nokia 3310.

In 2007. sad

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by ProphetofOdin: 11:50am On Mar 07, 2023
2003 motorola timeport.
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Uchefame(m): 11:52am On Mar 07, 2023
2006 Motorola PDA
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Blupen(m): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2023
Nokia x2
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Sukkyy2010: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2023
Blupen:
Nokia x2
wow I know Nokia x2, it was the best of it time ooo, chai those years.

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by adontcare(f): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
2003 sagem
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by 2times2(m): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2023
My first was one Samsung flip phone like that. I can't remember the model number.
First time I brought the phone to school, I was literally worshipped by my classmates
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Sukkyy2010: 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
2times2:
My first was one Samsung flip phone like that. I can't remember the model number.
First time I brought the phone to school, I was literally worshipped by my classmates
Omo ! grin
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Freshtruth(m): 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2023
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Goodlady(f): 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2023
I refuse to comment.
Ok lemme talk. I think my dad got his phone in 2003. While my granny dash me her phone Nokia 3500, that navy blue phone with orange light beside it. They call it java phone, similar to the op expression. Then I later used Samsung R220 I inherited from mom. Can't recall if I v eber bought phone.
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by lagusboyyy(m): 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2023
My first time using a mobile phøne was 2003/04,my mum's Nokia(cant remember the model again,but it was nöt 3310).

But i got my first personal phone in the year 2009,Sony.
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by SenecaTheYonger: 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2023
'04, sony errickson with antenna
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Silentgroper(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2023
Nokia 6230i ...
Can't remember the year but I was just entering jss1 then..
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by visaclick: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
Sony flip, 2005 given to me by my police elder bro. RIP to him, the unknown gunmen that killed him and other teammates on duty shall never know peace till they suffer the same fate.
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2023
Blupen:
Nokia x2

This should be around 2012, right?

I think there was also Nokia Express music. 🤔🤔

We used This Fone to download and Flex those Early Wizkid and Davido Songs those days. 😎
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Bluezy13(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2023
Silentgroper:
Nokia 6230i ...
Can't remember the year but I was just entering jss1 then..
That must have been between 2010 and 2012, right ?
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Sukkyy2010: 3:13pm On Mar 07, 2023
Vinnie2000:

I think there was also Nokia Express music. 🤔🤔

We used This Fone to download and Flex those Early Wizkid and Davido Songs those days. 😎
you nailed it, the year was correct 💯

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Blupen(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=121548039]
I think there was also Nokia Express music.
Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Silentgroper(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2023
Bluezy13:

That must have been between 2010 and 2012, right ?
no ..

2007/6 .. I guess..

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Using Mobile Phone And What Brand? by Brandiebird: 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2023
Nokia 8110 Came out 1996; It was in the matrix movie. Man, I’m old!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Simp About To Eat Big Breakfast / Signs She’s Secretly In Love With You / Please Take Good Care Of Him For Me – Heartbroken Lady Tells Girl Who Snatched H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.