Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,059 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye (73717 Views)

Gbadebo vivour desecrate our culture by putting his cap in obas palace - Photo / If You Cannot Vote The PDP,please Do NOT Vote For Gbadebo Vivour - Reno Omokri / Gbadebo Vivour-Rhodes: Lagos Is Far From Excellence, Not Yet Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Angelfrost(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
Please, let me know when you see the insult!

I merely saw a comment subject to varying interpretations.

APC and Sanwo-Olu, I understand that y'all are getting rattled and desperate, but this is beneath you na! grin
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Eriokanmi: 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

He doesn't have the aura of a leader...I don't know him but he has failed in his dealings..

In Ur mind u know he hasn't bn carrying himself well, unless u re not a tru Yoruba son.

Who even know if u re that irrational princeoflagos...that loser.
Is it sanwoolu who had been carrying himself well? Someone who listened to his oga at the top and mobilised military to kill youths at lekki, some of whom were yorubas? God bless Dr Ayo of Grandville @ Ajah that night. The casualties would have been much more than as recorded. Had his child been among the protesters, would he have acted that way? Till now, Tinubu's supporters still say nobody died.

Here in Alimosho, sanwoolu did nothing. He won't get our votes.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by tiswell(m): 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goodlady:
Firstly, no one knew GRV until elupeee people started hyping him after Obi's heartbreaking loss to them.
The energy elupeee people are wasting in Lagos Guber is enough to focus on east. When Tinubu was building political allies, he started from home by winning Lagos, spreading to Edo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun etc. Common sense should tell Igbos that the way they brag especially to Yorubas is uncalled for. This is the script they played in 2019 for Jimi Agbaje that made them start crying Oba said we can go n drown in the lagoon.
Now the unwarranted insult and hatred is in Sanwoolu.
These people didn't mobilize to have LP take over Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo but are making noise on Internet for Lagos. Eben Chinedu knows them.no born him papa well to win cos he's politically a nobody and an empty politician that's banking on opportunistic Igbo votes carry me trabaye!
Any ambition built in pretense and aim of let's spoil their plans won't work. It's indeed a labour in vain.

Exactly my opinion. He's so stupid to make more mistakes than Jimi Agbaje in 2019.
The man sef get speech disorder!

It's an insult to subtly say his kinsmen are quick to associate with APC. Cos if that Pastor had visited Obi, he ll say otherwise.
Imagine him subtly dissing Pst EA Adeboye, one if the most respected men if God in Nigeria. Gbadebo has become Gbadesonu!
a depressed single mom is incapable of Positive input.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by CaptainFM1: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
Whatever you like say, Lagosians have decided to end "god fatherism" politics.

Go exercise your right on Saturday and allow for a free, fair and credible election.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by tabaralph: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Lagos dey enter ibo eyes, una go carry gun thief am las las. If chinedu enter make i bend.

Bunch of opportunists. Person wey be tribal bigot na him con dey form saint. Make he go do honorable for him community first, he lacks the experience to govern a state like lagos.

He was brought up by an ibo mother so what do you expect?

4 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by christistruth01: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
kettykin:
How on earth is this an insult

1 Like

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Arutan: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
brutustech:
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party, made a derogatory remark on Twitter about Pastor Enoch Adeboye, a highly respected pastor and leader of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, in response to his compliment to El-Rufai during a visit. This tweet has generated widespread outrage and debates about the importance of respectful discourse in public conversations.

Although some supporters of the Labour Party have defended Rhodes, citing his right to free speech and claiming that his tweet was simply expressing his personal opinion, a significant number of people, particularly the elders, have condemned his language. They believe that insulting a revered public figure like Pastor Adeboye is unacceptable and disrespectful.

Furthermore, they see Rhodes' generalization of Yoruba people as those who are known to "lick ass" as a derogatory comment, that insults the entire Yoruba clan

Gbadebo's remark is not only harmful but also has the potential to escalate conflicts. It undermines the fundamental principles of civility, tolerance, and mutual respect, which are essential for a healthy and functional society. Making derogatory comments about someone with a differing opinion about others creates an atmosphere of hostility and division.
Moreover, as a Yoruba descendant, Gbadebo's comment is both condescending and disrespectful. It demonstrates that he lacks regard for others, which disqualifies him from being a suitable leader.

Notable elders in Lagos state have expressed their opinion that Gbadebo is not fit to be the governor of Lagos state due to his lack of respect. Therefore, Lagosians require a leader who can provide good governance, promote respectful discourse in public conversation, and work towards a society that values civility, tolerance, and mutual respect.

Gbadebo whose father is one of the most corrupt chief Justices Nigeria has ever known. Gbadebo lead a gang during Endsars to selectively destroy properties owned by yorubas in Lagos. Gbadebo took up a yoruba name to disguise himself. His ultimate aim is to destroy all legacies of past administrations in Lagos. He seeks to erode the yoruba culture and values. He hates Yorubas to the very core.

7 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Goodoldays(m): 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Lagos dey enter ibo eyes, una go carry gun thief am las las. If chinedu enter make i bend.

Bunch of opportunists. Person wey be tribal bigot na him con dey form saint. Make he go do honorable for him community first, he lacks the experience to govern a state like lagos.

It’s a pity you made this vow

Prepare to bend
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by dalass(f): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
makavell7:
You tried tribal bigotry it didn't work now it's religion you unfortunate APC animals are latching too. Shame on you all. Eluu peerr

LP used the Christian gimmick to win votes by attending big pentecostal churches with large crowds. Using IPOBIANS and youths. He only goes to Igbo market places to campaign in Lagos.... His supporters went to INEC to shout Peter Obi or Biafra.... Some friends that voted against APC just to try LP are regretting already because they realized they were used and cajoled not knowing LP is about igbo tribalism

Who is the real tribal bigot now?

4 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Goodlady(f): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
tiswell:
a depressed single mom is incapable of Positive input.
Your mom na the single mom you described and you are the bad fruit that made her depressed. This she told me at Lugbe Park last Friday.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Minjim: 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
seunmsg:
I have nothing against the Rhodes Vivour kid but his anti Yoruba comments are very disturbing. I’ve seen some of his comments calling Yorubas “Afonja”. He really needs to come out and disavow some of his previous social media comments.

I believe he isn't counting of Yorubas support.

He's counting the the support of non - Yorubas in Lagos and their anger and disappointment from last election.

This is why we all must take a side. I didn't vote in the presidential election but I must vote in the Guber.

The LP guy lacked the skill, experience and personality for the office of Lagos state governor.
Sanwo had been in the Civil service , has headed a government agency and he's a stAuch party man before he became governor.

I will rather go with the continuity of APC than the anger, hatred and bitterness of LP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by HardMirror(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
renderme:

I’ve edited and posted the links. Go back to my post.
well i think i agree with him even though he ia playing on the sentiments of obidients based on religion. I agree that mc oluomo and our shameless kings shld be dealt with thoroughly.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by OdefaGirl(f): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
brutustech:
Is it a compliment?

So you mean the "Yoruba behavior" which he meant is irritating?
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Geekhard: 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
Obviously trying so hard to smear GRV. Try harder. How much were you paid for this hatchet job? You obviously failed in your attempt to taint GRV. How many likes (5) and this made front page?😡😡
brutustech:
Is it a compliment?
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by playerinc(m): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
Just spitting facts. Nothing wrong here.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by hardbody: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
kettykin:
How on earth is this an insult

If I have a reason to insult him I will do so with my full chest. I can only respect his age but certainly all that rubbish about man of God and reverend gentleman doesn't cut it for me. Generally speaking, if you do anyhow, you see anyhow. It's always been a case of first come first collect, no apologies, no regrets.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by OdefaGirl(f): 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
seunmsg:
I have nothing against the Rhodes Vivour kid but his anti Yoruba comments are very disturbing. I’ve seen some of his comments calling Yorubas “Afonja”. He really needs to come out and disavow some of his previous social media comments.

You have a problem with name calling and you haven't done anything to curtail that in this forum?
Hypocrite
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by AlphaTaikun: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
brutustech:
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, the gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party, made a derogatory remark on Twitter about Pastor Enoch Adeboye, a highly respected pastor and leader of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, in response to his compliment to El-Rufai during a visit. This tweet has generated widespread outrage and debates about the importance of respectful discourse in public conversations.

Although some supporters of the Labour Party have defended Rhodes, citing his right to free speech and claiming that his tweet was simply expressing his personal opinion, a significant number of people, particularly the elders, have condemned his language. They believe that insulting a revered public figure like Pastor Adeboye is unacceptable and disrespectful.

Furthermore, they see Rhodes' generalization of Yoruba people as those who are known to "lick ass" as a derogatory comment, that insults the entire Yoruba clan

Gbadebo's remark is not only harmful but also has the potential to escalate conflicts. It undermines the fundamental principles of civility, tolerance, and mutual respect, which are essential for a healthy and functional society. Making derogatory comments about someone with a differing opinion about others creates an atmosphere of hostility and division.
Moreover, as a Yoruba descendant, Gbadebo's comment is both condescending and disrespectful. It demonstrates that he lacks regard for others, which disqualifies him from being a suitable leader.

Notable elders in Lagos state have expressed their opinion that Gbadebo is not fit to be the governor of Lagos state due to his lack of respect. Therefore, Lagosians require a leader who can provide good governance, promote respectful discourse in public conversation, and work towards a society that values civility, tolerance, and mutual respect.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by christistruth01: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goodlady:
Firstly, no one knew GRV until elupeee people started hyping him after Obi's heartbreaking loss to them.
The energy elupeee people are wasting in Lagos Guber is enough to focus on east. When Tinubu was building political allies, he started from home by winning Lagos, spreading to Edo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun etc. Common sense should tell Igbos that the way they brag especially to Yorubas is uncalled for. This is the script they played in 2019 for Jimi Agbaje that made them start crying Oba said we can go n drown in the lagoon.
Now the unwarranted insult and hatred is in Sanwoolu.
These people didn't mobilize to have LP take over Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo but are making noise on Internet for Lagos. Eben Chinedu knows them.no born him papa well to win cos he's politically a nobody and an empty politician that's banking on opportunistic Igbo votes carry me trabaye!
Any ambition built in pretense and aim of let's spoil their plans won't work. It's indeed a labour in vain.

Exactly my opinion. He's so stupid to make more mistakes than Jimi Agbaje in 2019.
The man sef get speech disorder!

It's an insult to subtly say his kinsmen are quick to associate with APC. Cos if that Pastor had visited Obi, he ll say otherwise.
Imagine him subtly dissing Pst EA Adeboye, one if the most respected men if God in Nigeria. Gbadebo has become Gbadesonu!

An Ipob Commander Cannot lead Lagos and
Lagos Cannot Sit at home every Monday guarded by Cannibals

4 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Ikea81: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
I am Obidient to my bones , but Gbadebo needs to step down for Jandor. Not like that one looks serious too o, Sanwo Olu still remains the candidate with capacity, just mad at his role in the end SARs. E go hard....Jimi Agbeje would have tried more last time, would have won this..
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by shantti(m): 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2023
brutustech:
Is it a compliment?

It is the truth
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Angelfrost(m): 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Yeah he doesn't... You are right!

Please, what experience did Sanwo-Olu have over Ambode in 2019?!!

Let's start assessing your intelligence from there.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by YeyeGbami: 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
Goodoldays:

It’s a pity you made this vow

Prepare to bend

Abi you wan put money ni. 100K
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by AlphaTaikun: 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
Minjim:

I believe he isn't counting of Yorubas support.

He's counting the the support of non-Yorubas in Lagos and their anger and disappointment from last election.

This is why we all must take a side. I didn't quite in the presidential election but I must vote in the Guber.

The LP guy lacked the skill, experience and personality for the office of Lagos state governor.
Sanwo has been in the Civil service , has head a government agency and he's a stAuch party man before he became governor. I will rather go with the continuity of APC than the anger, hatred and bitterness of LP
I agree... Well said.

You can see right from the page 1 comments that those supporting him here and attacking the OP are some NL members of Ibo origin that have been well-known to make highly inflamatory posts, and spread fake news, and fake videos on this Website. I have used this Website since 2005 and I can tell that some of the Ibos here are highly dishonest and very insidious. Instead of condemning the 39-year-old Gbadebo's anti-Yoruba posts or ethnic slurs on Twitter, they are busy attacking the OP.

This young dude called Gbadebo is NOT fit to be the Governor of Lagos State, which is the 4th largest economy in Africa made possible through the flow of investments and sagacity of the incumbent political party since 1999, and more work needs to be done. Gbadebo clearly lacks the mental and emotional intelligence to be the Governor of a traditional Yoruba state such as Lagos. He doesn't even speak fluent Yoruba which any Lagos State governor would need to communicate with all the Obas of the major towns in Lagos State, Lagos traditional High Chiefs, the indigenes, and folks on the street level.

NOT even one word of apology from him for his past tweets... some of which he has deleted.

What has this Gbadebo dude been smoking?

4 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by nedekid: 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2023
brutustech:
Is it a compliment?
It could be.
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
Parachoko:
Redeem members will reply him on Saturday
You wish..🤡
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by reddingtonblack: 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2023
iwaeda:

Why is APC afraid of this guy? grin grin grin grin

APC are not afraid, we have just decided to stoop low and play the game Igbos want to play. Becos we keep quiet most times and play maturity Igbos think they can rubbish south west and use social media to manipulate people against yorubas , they forget yorubas are the kings of social media, besides no one as monopoly of propaganda, now we want to Play the game

7 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by 0monnak0da: 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
pacespot:

And is it a lie what he said, that Yorubas are double faced?
Your mother is double faced

4 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Ashirioluwa: 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
This is nothing but a cheap lie because I see no insult here.

The bad news is that APC will do anything they can to make sure they win Lagos gubernatorial election
Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Injera(f): 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2023
TinubuShet:
Finally it make front page, Gbadebo Chinedu is omo ale, product of night stand of an asewo woman from East with randy Rhodes Vivour , He will never come close to Alausa, he is also Biafra apologist, never, I don't want to sit at home on Monday morning
Notice how the vivour family openly endorsed Sanwo olu

5 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by Fiscus105(m): 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
seunmsg:

Yet such a person want to become gov in Yoruba land?

I think Yoruba is becoming no man's land gradually.

4 Likes

Re: The Internet Never Forgets: Gbadebo Vivour Accused Of Insulting Pastor Adeboye by YeyeGbami: 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Yeah he doesn't... You are right!

Please, what experience did Sanwo-Olu have over Ambode in 2019?!!

Let's start assessing your intelligence from there.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Secondary School With Shehu Yaradua In 1961(photo) / Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline / Yoruba Community Take To The Streets Of New York As Buhari Lands In US. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.