Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. (22915 Views)

Uberfacts: Yoruba Twitter User Threatens To Ban Uber / Thugs Attack PU In Dipo Olubi Street, Cart Away Ballot Boxes, Injure Voter / Dipo Awojide Condemns BBNaija Stars Getting State Government Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by naptu2: 12:08am On Mar 08, 2023
Famous Twitter user and personal development expert Dr Dipo Awojide (aka Ogbeni Dipo) reacted to a Twitter spaces audio recording in which some people threatened to send traditional rulers and other people out of Lagos after the governorship elections (https://twitter.com/jeffphilips1/status/1632620579755896833). He preached peace and tolerance and this led to a discussion about the Lagos State governorship election.

During that discussion, someone asked Dipo, "Who gave the order" and Dipo replied with the chain of command of the Nigerian Army (president → chief of defence staff → chief of army staff, etc). Then a Twitter user, @NDGOONER26, threatened to kill Dipo if he sees him in Birmingham (Dr Dipo Awojide is a lecturer in the UK). Some other Twitter users immediately notified the Metropolitan Police and other police forces in the UK and @NDGOONER26 subsequently locked his Twitter account.

The Metropolitan Police has started investigating the matter.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by naptu2: 12:08am On Mar 08, 2023
More.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by naptu2: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2023
Even more.

1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by naptu2: 12:10am On Mar 08, 2023
The third screenshot shows NDGOONER26's profile.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by naptu2: 12:10am On Mar 08, 2023
Dr Awojide created a Twitter spaces to preach against online and offline bullying, intimidation and violence and actress Toyin Abraham talked about how she has been bullied because of her choice of candidate.

https://twitter.com/Magiclammy_/status/1633015492356059139

Ogbeni Dipo has also been the victim of bullying. For many years people wrote to his former employers to demand that he should be sacked. He recently changed jobs and people started a rumour that he was sacked because of sexual harassment. He subsequently posted letters from his former and current employers to prove that the claim was false.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Reactions.

1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by naptu2: 12:21am On Mar 08, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by helinues: 12:24am On Mar 08, 2023
Have the gubernatorial election in SE states have all been cancelled? How about the state assembly election?

Had your region have political leaders like the ones in SW, there wouldn't have been anything like UGM hope you know.

Yet you guys are less concerned about the happenings in your region. Had other regions being docile in their approach to security and development matter, your people would have remained put cos they had it better.

What exactly is this mentality of having solutions to others problems while clueless in solving theirs? Fishes are inside water not untop of trees

If you want to be happy for a day, drink beer

If you want to be happy for weeks, get married

But if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, then mind your business..

80 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by signature2012(m): 1:31am On Mar 08, 2023
This issue is far deeper than what you have above there.

Prior to 2015 elections, Ogbeni Dipo and Omojuwa were paid influencers and used profane words to attack Goodluck Jonathan and his wife.
Go and check their old tweets.

8 years down the line, the Gen Zs are doing same to them.

Dipo charges money from Nigerians to help them write their CV which I feel is exploitation due to the economy of the country.Fine CV without no job, of what use then?

He lives in the UK, enjoy good Governance and support bad Government in Nigeria.

He's a Pro-Buharist!!!

As for Omojuwa, he's a known APC paid influencer.He only cares about his pocket.
He's married to a Canadian and japa is very sure for him.He is less concern about what the average Nigerian youth faces everyday.

By the way;I dont and will never support bully, threat of life or attack of any kind.
There are other constructive ways you can be an opponent.

SAY NO TO CYBERBULLY OR THREAT TO LIFE!!

These 2 folks Dont give a damn about how people are suffering daily in the hands of the person they campaigned,influence people to vote for.They are more concerned about the money they will make from a heartless Administration.

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Buccalcavity2: 1:37am On Mar 08, 2023
Obidients again!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by 2elliot: 1:38am On Mar 08, 2023
Let the idiot answer for his crime, e no concern me.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by nedekid: 1:43am On Mar 08, 2023
People can be Mumu sha? How do you threaten someone out in the open, with full evidence to back it.
Wonderful.
Stupidity of the highest order.
I have been threatened with evidence 2ice before. Those people are my bitches for life due to the evidence. One had to hurriedly abandon his house and relocate when the wahala stated. Stupidly, while high smoking weed and filled with emotions, he sent a threatening video with his full face showing. Lol.
Anytime, even in the next 10 years, I can use that video to destabilise him. grin

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by dfrost: 1:56am On Mar 08, 2023
Will the average Nigerian ever learn? The answer is no.

10 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Omoawoke: 1:58am On Mar 08, 2023
BombAttack:
The same politicians telling you GRV can't be Governor because his mum is from the South East.. they have wife's from the South East and are currently dating South East babes.

If its the turn of their children the narrative will change.

Seyi Tinubu will soon be Governor of Lagos and his Igbo wife will be first Lady grin grin grin

FFK has children from his Igbo wife, tomorrow they will become Governor of Lagos grin grin grin

Wise up and vote for GRV for Governor.

You will do anything to defend your ipob hero

67 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Omoawoke: 1:58am On Mar 08, 2023
angry

They average IQ of obidients is comparable to that of a Turkey

One person gives instruction and they all attack like zombie
Any idiot can be voted into power as long as they are under LP, only an idiot thumprint ballot paper without knowing who they are voting for.

Obidient is an epidemic, a zombie attack

Beware of Obidents, if any one bite u, you don turn zombie be that.
Symptoms include shrinking IQ, anger, curses, acting irrationally, pain and distress.

ZOMBIEEEEEE

108 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Zincfingers: 2:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Ipob rodents

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by BossGerald: 2:53am On Mar 08, 2023
Zincfingers:
Ipob rodents

You're a very unfortunate individual.

So dipo I'd living in UK where things work?? Where an India can become the PM and yorubas major and councillors...yer he's busy promoting tribal hatred against a true lagosian GRV who's only crime was having an igbo woman.

Pls someone should provide details of the right UK authority to report him, he needs to be deported back in nigeria to exercise his tribalism well well

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Buhari4sale: 3:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Majority of nairalanders arent smart enough to be a Nigerian.

Success and anything positive doesn't attracts crowd, this us the main reason why I quickly understand the agenda of the key people behind endsars and obedience.

The funny thing is that, they will vanish just like those that started the journey of biafra in '67.

Nigeria is bigger than your ideologies, aims and óbjectives.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Buhari4sale: 3:15am On Mar 08, 2023
Whose side are you on?

What exactly have they done wrong other than trying to put food on their table?

You sound like a pained PDP agent. Your narrations are biased bruh

signature2012:
This issue is far deeper than what you have above there.

Prior to 2015 elections, Ogbeni Dipo and Omojuwa were paid influencers and used profane words to attack Goodluck Jonathan and his wife.
Go and check their old tweets.

8 years down the line, the Gen Zs are doing same to them.

Dipo charges money from Nigerians to help them write their CV which I feel is exploitation due to the economy of the country.Fine CV without no job, of what use then?

He lives in the UK, enjoy good Governance and support bad Government in Nigeria.

He's a Pro-Buharist!!!

As for Omojuwa, he's a known APC paid influencer.He only cares about his pocket.
He's married to a Canadian and japa is very sure for him.He is less concern about what the average Nigerian youth faces everyday.

By the way;I dont and will never support bully, threat of life or attack of any kind.
There are other constructive ways you can be an opponent.

SAY NO TO CYBERBULLY OR THREAT TO LIFE!!

These 2 folks Dont give a damn about how people are suffering daily in the hands of the person they campaigned,influence people to vote for.They are more concerned about the money they will make from a heartless Administration.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Occurstaem(m): 3:33am On Mar 08, 2023
Nice one from Ogbeni Dipo for reporting the guy to the police.
Let the idiot be taught a bitter lesson.
How can you be threatening someone over his views just because it doesn't align with yours.

He must have thought he was still in his land of the rising crime where sit-at-home is holding sway.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Crimecity: 3:42am On Mar 08, 2023
Occurstaem:
Nice one from Ogbeni Dipo for reporting the guy to the police.
Let the idiot be taught a bitter lesson.
How can you be threatening someone over his views just because it doesn't align with yours.

He must have thought he was still in his land of the rising crime where sit-at-home is holding sway.

The coward Dipo is lucky he blocked me. If not, I would have reported his bigoted and inciting tweets to that same Met Police for him to be dealt with.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by FBS: 5:23am On Mar 08, 2023
Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by raskymonojendor: 5:23am On Mar 08, 2023
Obidients are like a cult group. Very violent set of people and agents of darkness. You only need to listen to them on twitter spaces whenever they hold one of those their meetings.

You would almost feel their rage, hate and venom jumping out of the mobile phone. The last one I listened in, they were discussing about how outsiders where recording and sharing their violent conversations from the space.

If Nnamdi Kanu was not in prison, he would have been a host and umpire on those twitter spaces.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by AntiChristian: 5:23am On Mar 08, 2023
If you work among obidients you'll see that most are aways filled with hatred against other tribes.

When they hate you, no amount of good you do for them will make them like you.

They sabi share bad news about Nigeria. They do not share good news!

The toxicity of this set of people is bewildering...

I just pray they lose woefully from top to bottom on Saturday!

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by nonxo007(m): 5:25am On Mar 08, 2023
In my entire life, I have never experienced this level of division amongst Nigerians. Hatred flowing from the gut of most people online, if they aren't calling people Afonja, it's IPOB or other derogatory names.
The APC government has failed woefully in uniting Nigerians, funny enough suffering doesn't separate tribes.
I was at the fuel station today, and didn't see any line strictly for Hausas, yorubas, Igbos or even Efik, but you all will come on line with your hearts filled with hate to cuss each other out and then return to suffering.

Divide and Rule is the strategy of this politicians, they do not mean us well. But You keep fighting for them,making enemies and hate other Nigerians for someone who doesn't know you or care about you.

I voted for Obi, but as the case may be he wasn't announced winner, I have not lost hope. But as it stands if it is actually God's will for Asiwaju to be Preisdent then so be it and i will keep praying for him to succeed if he has good intentions for Nigeria, but you all must understand that if he doesn't perform well it's everyone it'll affect, look at how badly the North was affected with insecurity despite the fact that PMB is from the North.

In the spirit of love for Nigeria, cleanse your heart of hatred for another tribe, the Igbo man isn't the reason you are suffering, neither is the yoruba man nor Hausa man. Hold your politicians to account.

Just so you know I've been on the fuel queue since 3am, hoping that I'll get fuel to buy, guess the tribe of guy who is right in front of me and we've been gisting? A Yoruba guy, and an Hausa guy is right in front of him. Guess what ? There isn't any preferential treatment to anyone of us because of our tribe na all of us dy suffer the suffer.

Thanks and so have a great day my brethren.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by theophorus(m): 5:26am On Mar 08, 2023
There is Freedom of Speech but Freedom after speech ehn, that one is not guaranteed ooo.

If you Parents didn't teach you well and you think you can cyberbully anyone, no worry, Hand go soon touch you.

Even those ones wen dey post false info and insult anybody wen no support their Candidate go soon hear am.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Reviewer(f): 5:27am On Mar 08, 2023
Dipo used to be very annoying during the Jonathan era, but nobody deserves to be bullied or threatened because of their political views.
Why exactly do we want everyone to have the same views politically?
Well, it happens on nairaland too. lipsrsealed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by Hussein035: 5:28am On Mar 08, 2023
BossGerald:

You're a very unfortunate individual.

So dipo I'd living in UK where things work?? Where an India can become the PM and yorubas major and councillors...yer he's busy promoting tribal hatred against a true lagosian GRV who's only crime was having an igbo woman.

Pls someone should provide details of the right UK authority to report him, he needs to be deported back in nigeria to exercise his tribalism well well

You want Yoruba to elect Chinedu Gbadebo as Governor but in your useless region you can never allow an Abia indigene to even get primary election nominate in Anambra let alone being chairmanship flagbearer.

You people hate Yoruba too much yet you cannot go anywhere except their state to find livelihood still you want to take over their land due to jealousy. Thunder will strike you people in Saturday in Lagos. You will learn that this is SW and we don't need Igbo agenda in Lagos.

Bunch of Yoruba haters. Tueh

66 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by bigdammyj: 5:29am On Mar 08, 2023
Noted.
Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by chinchum(m): 5:33am On Mar 08, 2023
I simply laugh at the compromised stupidity of certain Yorubas who cant see beyond their nose, i talked about this woke generation many months ago. You cant be liberal with an individual or group who covertly hate and reproach you.

They showed their hands more in this 2023 election, they bullied many others. They accused Yorubas of what they are primarily guilty of. It hurts many omoluabis bought in to their evil agenda because they were rightly angry with APC. Yorubas need to see the big picture and play smart. You are angry,but theirs is hate. Dont let them recruit you to execute their hate agenda.

Yoruba Ronu.

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Twitter User Threatens To Kill Ogbeni Dipo. by BigBrother9ja: 5:37am On Mar 08, 2023
BASTARD

Fear fear talkative

42 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Pastors Endorse Osinbajo’s Nomination- Guardian Newspaper / Excess Crude Account Now $2.26bn – FG / I Rather Die Than To Have APC Win Rivers State In 2019, Gov Wike Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.