Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court (25619 Views)

God Of Iron Will Kill You', Policeman Tells Arrested Protesters / Maina: I Have No Case To Answer / BREAKING: Tribunal Dismisses Onnoghen’s No-case Submission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by nwekeugochukwu: 5:53am On Mar 08, 2023
Bolanle Raheem: Discharge me, I Have No Case To Answer – Killer Policeman Tells Court

Drambi Vandi, the Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) alleged to have killed a Lagos-based lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, on Christmas Day, has asked the Lagos State High Court to discharge him because he has no case to answer, IGBERETV reports.

Drambi, who is standing trial before the court, was accused of shooting Mrs. Raheem on December 25, 2022, near Ajah Underbridge, Lagos.

The death of the lawyer triggered nationwide uproar as she was eight months pregnant with twins when she was murdered allegedly by Drambi.

Consequently, the Lagos State government filed a murder case against him in accordance with Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

“ASP Vandi on the 25th of December 2022 at Ajah roundabout along Lekki-Epe Expressway Lagos in the Lagos Judicial Division unlawfully killed one Omobolanle Raheem (F) by shooting her in the chest,” part of the charge against him read.

Vandi pleaded not guilty and trial has since commenced.

At the resumption of proceedings on Monday, March 6, Justice Ibironke Harrison adjourned for ruling after the prosecution and defence counsels had adopted their final written addresses. Defence counsel Adetokunbo Odutola, in adopting Vandi’s final written address on a no-case submission filed on February 28, prayed the court to dismiss the suit. Odutola argued that the ballistics report tendered by the prosecution showed that the gun did not match the bullet that was shot.

According to him, the pathologist called in evidence by the prosecution stating that the bullet penetrated from the left through the armpit while the prosecution said that the deceased was shot in the chest. He concluded that with these “inconsistencies” and several others, the prosecution had not made out a case against his client to warrant him to enter a defence.

However, the prosecution team led by the Attorney-General of Lagos State, Moyosore Onigbanjo, opposed him, arguing that it had made out a prima facie case against the defendant making it necessary for him to put up a defence. The defendant’s no-case submission was dated February 20 while the prosecution’s reply was dated February 24.

The defendant filed a reply on point of law dated February 27. The court finally fixed April 3 for ruling on the no-case submission filed by the accused ASP.

https://igberetvnews.com/1440252/bolanle-raheem-discharge-case-answer-killer-policeman-tells-court/

4 Shares

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Fahdiga(m): 5:53am On Mar 08, 2023
Just imagine the audacity from this serial killer? I only blame the corrupt judiciary.

148 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by olgaa14: 5:59am On Mar 08, 2023
This guy has been killing innocent people for a while now,no remorse what so ever.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by incandescentena: 6:00am On Mar 08, 2023
I know Nigerians lack trust in the judiciary system, but mr Killer policeman, the blood of that woman and her twins WILL GET JUSTICE. You will pay the price for what you have done. Even your immediate families know there's no escaping justice and also the Judges will never allow you go free for killing a citizen and one of their colleague in the tempo of Lawyers.

My heart goes out to the Bankole family

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by sweetonugbu: 6:10am On Mar 08, 2023
A murderer with super boldness, and with confidence that the system doesn't work.

36 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Racoon(m): 6:16am On Mar 08, 2023
Cold blood murderers are always heartless. This is one of those wicked souls.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 08, 2023
Waiting to see how this unfolds...
It's crazy knowing people think their actions have no consequences.
Even if he had suspicion that the car was stolen because of no plates, he could've disabled the car by shooting at the tires.

11 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Nuhskhut: 6:23am On Mar 08, 2023
You are a mumu man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Atarakpa: 6:24am On Mar 08, 2023
Nah Wetin see finish dey cause be this. When the oga's at top were saying he is a good police officer, I smell amaka sky from that day.
NBA if you guys allow this to be swept under carpet. I will denounce my Nigeria citizenship.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Olarewaju89: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2023
undecided
See this murdered undecided

Though, I am not surprise because the heart of a man is desperately wicked.

Whether you like it or not the wrath of God will come upon you one day.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2023
Mental

5 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Offpoint1: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2023
I do wonder how lawyers know someone is guilty of murder but yet they'd still defend such persons.

If any unfortunate human is unfortunate enough to mess with my Family or Gs, and one unfortunate lawyer take up his/her case... Such lawyer will suffer the most gruesome "kpai" known to mankind.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by princeade86(m): 6:26am On Mar 08, 2023
K
Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:26am On Mar 08, 2023
Hmmmn
Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Mindlog: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2023
To him, he still believes he did no wrong. He needs psychiatric assessments.

6 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by lesbiconverter: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2023
imagine the audacity. I'm sure he has connections that's why sad

4 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Curious346: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2023
Fhhb
Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Mase2020g(m): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2023
What a country!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by donestk(m): 6:27am On Mar 08, 2023
On radio, a man said a woman's nag can cost her life. He might be right.

2 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Toneypen247(m): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2023
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Goodlady(f): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2023
What rubbish is this?
Is it his hun that killed the woman that has case to answer?

1 Like

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by wethebest(m): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2023
They re learning from their masters. buhari nd tinubu 🤣🤣. They commit attrocities against Nigeria as a nation bt keep getting accolades so the policeman is right

3 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by juman(m): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2023
He would be discharged.
The car with no number was stopped but refused to stop.
So the police man thought it was armed robbers car.

The husband who was the driver of the car should also be charged to court.

6 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Tribal: 6:29am On Mar 08, 2023
angry Why does he still have his Testicles?! Killing each part of his body daily is the best for such an incorrigibly wicked Soul

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by juman(m): 6:30am On Mar 08, 2023
NPF has good case.
The man will be freed.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by inoki247: 6:30am On Mar 08, 2023
Lol the country is gone....

1 Like

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Classicalman(m): 6:31am On Mar 08, 2023
Nigerian judiciary sef. Whether the bullet penetrated from chest or side, the issue is that he shot and killed her. Why wasting time in passing sentence?

7 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Zico5(m): 6:32am On Mar 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Theunbothered: 6:32am On Mar 08, 2023
This man deserves to rot in jail, imagine the audacity. angry

2 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by Badguy77(m): 6:33am On Mar 08, 2023
Make them leave me and this man for one room for 5 mints I wan ask am something... Rubbish man

4 Likes

Re: Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court by tammie24: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2023
He thinks he has been forgotten cos of election

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Tinubu Arrives In Nigeria After AU Summit / Thugs Stab Eyitayo Jegede's Supporters (Graphic Pics) / Zulum Distributes Palliatives To 5000 Widows, Aged & Vulnerables In Borno (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.