Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,467 members, 7,861,347 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51738 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2011
in fact Victoria island previous name was Iru

what does Iru mean in Ijaw ?

Iru in yoruba means locust beans or tail

Killayut, what was ajegunle previous name since it was ijaw ?

why did ijaw stop in lagos, why not continue to benin republic etc
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
even the leader of OPC has bini linage

Gani adams was born an Akoko in ondo state
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
These Igbo and Yoruba haters will never leave this Bini / Ijaw thread, Yesterday 5 Igbo Hausa worshippers were shot dead in Niger State at MADALA . The punks will only stay at home and weep and continue to lick Hausa ass But they are always gearing up to take on South Southerners, For the Yorubas very Soon Fulanis will take over Ogbomosho and the Cows will only say ahhhhhhhhh , This is a BINI / iJAW ISSUE so you punks pls stop posting opinion here .
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 3:48pm On Sep 24, 2011
killayut:

These Igbo and Yoruba haters will never leave this Bini / Ijaw thread, Yesterday 5 Igbo Hausa worshippers were shot dead in Niger State at MADALA . The punks will only stay at home and weep and continue to lick Hausa Bottom But they are always gearing up to take on South Southerners, For the Yorubas very Soon Fulanis will take over Ogbomosho and the Cows will only say ahhhhhhhhh , This is a BINI / iJAW ISSUE so you punks pls stop posting opinion here .

I suppose you understand that this is a public forum and calling for forumites other than Binis and Ijaws to stop posting is foolhardy.

I reserve my right to post opinions or ask questions as I see fit in this thread. killayut, who would you propose to resolve this land dispute other than demanding full transfer of ownership - what's your middle ground?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2011
Kilayut, leave the SS out of this. Look @ your sad attempt to now play the victim. Pathetic indeed. What u have going on are people becoming tired, hardened up and sick of your antics. You always claim to be oppressed by others but we can all see through your actions that if left with more power than others the rest of the South will suffer more under u than under Fulani sef. Your insatiable appetite for causing trouble where there isn't doesn't look good on you. U are one of the most hateful groups in the South hence u have fought battles with all your neighbors. Who haven't u had an issue with? 99 percent of the time u provoke such crisis. The Ibibio and Ogoni saw it and gave you 50 feet. The Ikwerre-Igbo done see u for who u are and went back to their Igbo kit and kin because if left alone you ppl will attempt to wipe them out. We all know about over 800 Ikwerre ppl who were killed in PH by Ijo militants during those crisis. Well they learned their lesson about isolating themselves from their larger Igbo group. The Itsekiri got a taste of it and called on their Yoruba cousins for help. The Bini are now experiencing ur madness as well and u have the nerve to play victim? You are a BIGOT. You should show remorse for the innocent people killed by miscreants from your community.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ak47mann(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2011
udezue:

Kilayut, leave the SS out of this. Look @ your sad attempt to now play the victim. Pathetic indeed. What u have going on are people becoming tired, hardened up and sick of your antics. You always claim to be oppressed by others but we can all see through your actions that if left with more power than others the rest of the South will suffer more under u than under Fulani sef. Your insatiable appetite for causing trouble where there isn't doesn't look good on you. U are one of the most hateful groups in the South hence u have fought battles with all your neighbors. Who haven't u had an issue with? 99 percent of the time u provoke such crisis. The Ibibio and Ogoni saw it and gave you 50 feet. The Ikwerre-Igbo done see u for who u are and went back to their Igbo kit and kin because if left alone you ppl will attempt to wipe them out. We all know about over 800 Ikwerre ppl who were killed in PH by Ijo militants during those crisis. Well they learned their lesson about isolating themselves from their larger Igbo group. The Itsekiri got a taste of it and called on their Yoruba cousins for help. The Bini are now experiencing your madness as well and u have the nerve to play victim? You are a BIGOT. You should show remorse for the innocent people killed by miscreants from your community.
cool cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by EzeUche(m): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2011
Why are my Igbo brothers discussing such affairs?

It is none of our concern.

This is between the Ijaws and the Binis.

Let them fight and we shall see the victor.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2011
@udezue,

I'm really seriously worried that there is no armed group anywhere in Igboland.
We are about to make the same mistake of 1966.
Every group is armed in Nigeria today except Igbo.
That is why I don't support MASSOB. They are wasting our opportunity.  cry
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2011
@Ezeuche

I completely agree with you. I just posted to get udezue's input on the issue of no armed group in Igboland.
It is getting me very worried.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by EzeUche(m): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Ezeuche

I completely agree with you. I just posted to get udezue's input on the issue of no armed group in Igboland.
It is getting me very worried.

You should not be worried.

We already control the arms trade in Nigeria.

Even the Northerners buy from the Igbo.

If the time arise that we need an armed group in Igboland, it will not be very hard gaining weapons.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^
I hope you are sure about that.
My own intelligence  cool tells me otherwise. The whole thing still sounds like 1966. They were killing our people all over Nigeria, but Ojukwu was busy staying calm instead of seeking immediate international military alliances even before going to Aburi.
Our people have a history of complacency until is it too late.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2011
@Onlytruth, MASSOB is becoming a waste of time. While I admire their non-violent nature I find it stup!d that they think in a Nigerian environment that they will be taken serious or respected. If MASSOB was well armed to the teeth and always ready to strike back when attacked they would have achieved more by now. Even if they don't want to go that route they should have a militant wing that does the ground battle for them. They make the Igbo people and to an extent our neighbors look so damn weak. If they don't have the stomach for that then their leadership should stop wasting times and lives of its members who fall victims daily to murderous Nigerian authorities.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
EzeUche ka du ndu?

As for the arms thing, people should know that Igbo are manufacturers and suppliers of arms (i.e. southern Ngwa, Abala in particular, and it's ND militant clientele). So if necessary, Igbo can always manufacture for itself (Ngwa can manufacture and supply to other Igbo). It shouldn't even be an issue.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 4:39pm On Sep 24, 2011
Posted by: udezue

@Onlytruth, MASSOB is becoming a waste of time. While I admire their non-violent nature I find it stup!d that they think in a Nigerian environment that they will be taken serious or respected. If MASSOB was well armed to the teeth and always ready to strike back when attacked they would have achieved more by now. Even if they don't want to go that route they should have a militant wing that does the ground battle for them. They make the Igbo people and to an extent our neighbors look so damn weak. If they don't have the stomach for that then their leadership should stop wasting times and lives of its members who fall victims daily to murderous Nigerian authorities.

Even the non-violent African National Congress (ANC), still had to form Mkonto we sizwe (MK) to be taken seriously.
I'm really angry at Uwazurike and his philosophy of non-violence. All he has achieved so far is the death of his members. There is a time and place for everything. I am not against non-violence; but I am against MASSOB being non-violent because of what Nigeria is.
You can't go lion hunting with bare hands.  undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by nduchucks: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

I'm really angry at Uwazurike and his philosophy of non-violence. All he has achieved so far is the death of his members. There is a time and place for everything. I am not against non-violence; but I am against MASSOB being non-violent because of what Nigeria is.
You can't go lion hunting with bare hands. undecided

How dare you disparage Uwazurike? That man has done more for our people than you'll ever be able to match. As for the bolded text, you cannot go lion hunting from the comfort of your living room in the USA in front of a PC either. Talk is cheap, come down here and match your words with action.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2011
Posted by: ChinenyeN

EzeUche ka du ndu?

As for the arms thing, people should know that Igbo are manufacturers and suppliers of arms (i.e. southern Ngwa, Abala in particular, and it's ND militant clientele). So if necessary, Igbo can always manufacture for itself (Ngwa can manufacture and supply to other Igbo). It shouldn't even be an issue.

I'm sorry Chinenye, but that is THE SAME MISTAKE our leaders made in 1966/67.
They kept throwing about these myths of Igbo producing arms and all that stuff. Awka people produce guns, etc.
Yes, we finally got to produce some; but it was in the middle of the war -at the wrong time!  undecided

We dissipated energy, trying to manufacture arms, while our enemies simply had ready arms to import.
We must not make that same mistake again.

What we need NOW is a country to ally with; a strong country.
Our best bet for now remains ISRAEL.  cool
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2011
MASSOB should initiate contacts with MOSAD of Israel and go from there.
We need arms and TRAINED soldiers.  cool

And if war comes, we need a country that can equip us to take the fight to any part of Nigeria.
That is what MASSOB should be doing.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ak47mann(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: ChinenyeN
I'm sorry Chinenye, but that is THE SAME MISTAKE our leaders made in 1966/67.
They kept throwing about these myths of Igbo producing arms and all that stuff. Awka people produce guns, etc.
Yes, we finally got to produce some; but it was in the middle of the war -at the wrong time!  undecided

We dissipated energy, trying to manufacture arms, while our enemies simply had ready arms to import.
We must not make that same mistake again.

What we need NOW is a country to ally with; a strong country.
Our best bet for now remains ISRAEL.  cool

Israelite they secretly going to back us up when the time comes.  The only good thing massob did, they have made themselves known in UN.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2011
It's not a myth that Ngwa produced arms for MEND and other ND militants.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth, I see the samething as well. We keep waiting on the D-day unprepared. Making weapons in the middle of a war is stup!d. Are the Ngwa, Awka ppl making these weapons and stockpiling them or are they waiting until the shyt hits the fan? I don't get why we MaSSOB have sought the assistance of MOSAD. We have so much in common with them. Israel is a big stumbling block to Islamic fundamentalists in Middle-East just like we as a people are in Nigeria. We are one of the largest non-muslim xtian groups in Africa. Our defeat will signal the defeat of other smaller groups and that we can't afford.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
Chinenye, you still don't understand me.
Did Ngwa produce these?

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
I hope you are sure about that.
My own intelligence  cool tells me otherwise. The whole thing still sounds like 1966. They were killing our people all over Nigeria, but Ojukwu was busy staying calm instead of seeking immediate international military alliances even before going to Aburi.
Our people have a history of complacency until is it too late.

I honestly believed Ndigbo are behind the curve in stockpiling arms clandestinely when compared with other major ethnic groups in Nigeria.

The bolded part could not be more truthful about Ndigbo.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2011
or these

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
or these

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
Believe me Biafra-Israeli alliance is almost one designed in heaven. We have things they don't have; and they have things we need badly.
I don't know how we have not made serious effort to cement that relationship.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2011
@EzeUche, nwannem' ole ije? Otego
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ak47mann(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Believe me Biafra-Israeli alliance is almost one designed in heaven. We have things they don't have; and they have things we need badly.
I don't know how we have not made serious effort to cement that relationship.
THE ONLY WAY THAT COULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE IS IF AN IGBOMAN BECOME PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA, THAT'S THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN FULLY CORPORATE WITH US BUT OUR NEIGHBOR KNOWS AND THAT'S WHY THEY CANT LET US.BUT THINGS ARE CHANGING THEIR EVIL PLANS IS GOING TO CONSUME THEM ALL,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^
I don't think that is true. The international space is a very funny space. It is truly an Orwellian world out there.
You think countries deal based only on international treaties? You gotta be kiddin' me.

It hasn't happened because Ndigbo are busy sleeping as usual until the 12th hour.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Onlytruth(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2011
. . .and those who say they are doing something about it (MASSOB) are actually busy deceiving themselves and leading gullible folks to their deaths in the hands of Nigerian security men.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
Onlytruth, firearms were manufactured. The exact kinds and make I cannot say, but one thing I'm sure of is that they were good enough to have been actively supplied to ND militants, and we all know how well-armed they are.

Now, if you're talking about manufacturing and stockpiling, then that is a different discussion. Firearms can be and are locally produced. Whether or not stockpiling occurs or is occurring though, is a good question.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Relax101(m): 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2011
Ohhhh my my,  Wonderful thread by wonderful people with wonderful contributions.

Support your sister[b] Nneka Egbuna the best conscious/afrohiphop/ musician in the world today[/b], She's Igbo by blood but repping these ungrateful people of the ND.
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fI5TZOfjj8[/flash]

Listen to her mention Biafra in 0:18. Calling for the head of shell BP. calling for justice for the ND people esp Ken Saro Wiwa and Isaac Boro.
But we still have f00ls here saying trash about one ethnic group or the other.
This is 2011 people,

Stupiood ungrateful people,

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkDgnVJa7SU[/flash]

Stop fighting eeddioottsss.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by EzeUche(m): 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
My brothers. . . enwerem otutu ihe m ga eme. O ga di mma ma emasia. Am planning to go back home permanently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Explain Why Gov Ameachi Is Not Clapping In This Picture(photo) / What Buhari Plans To Do To Obasanjo, Jonathan If Re-elected - Daily Post / Lere Olayinka Drinks With Friends As Sheriff Loses At Supreme Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.