Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,042 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State (51763 Views)

The Proposed Gelegele Seaport In Edo State / POLLS: Ijaws Table Jonathan’s Re-election Before Amasiekumor Deity -(PIC) / CAN President, Oritsejafor, Admits Ownership Of Cash-stacked Jet Seized In S.Afr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
Ama Onye nabo is an authentic Igbo word. I have heard it mentioned in traditional Igbo songs.

As Kiluyat aka Tom Briggs, what did Diet Spiff and Ada George do about the development of ur people as governors of River state? Nada. Biko look blame yourselves.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2011
the majority of the people in ISALE EKO came from OFA in far away Kwara state

even assuming this is true undecided

explain the difference between offa and oyo.

undecided
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by tpia5: 10:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
Apoi Ijaw is another case

apoi ijaw are ijaw, as the name shows.

ijaws are also grouped by the languages of their host communities, in this case, yoruba who they traded and maybe intermarried with.

so they're known as yoruba-speaking ijaw.

[most likely the group took yoruba wives].
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Ibime(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2011
@ Udezue,

Don't even go there! Diete-Spiff is BY FAR the best Governor Rivers State ever had in terms of infrastructure development. Everything Diete Spiff developed was to European standard, roads with proper drainage, business district with skyscrapers etc. Rufus Ada George was prolly the second best Governor of the state. He developed countless roads, such as Ada George Rd, linking Elekiah to Aba Road, Ogunagbali to Town etc, dredging and sand-filling of many beaches (infact almost every village in Okrika got sand-filled waterside during Rufus reign hehehehehe) and at the end of his short 15 month term, he returned budget surplus. Don't just bandy about names without knowing their record. Worst Governors are Odili, Adeleye and Okilo. I even believe Amaechi will end up a disaster cos people don't know how much debt he's leaving the state with which runs into hundreds of billions of Naira without a commensurate level of development.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2011
@Ibime, and after all those marvelous achievements Bayelsa still remained nothing but a swampy forest with one High-way? Come on dude! Even your Diete and Ada didn't even feel the need to touch current Bayelsa area back then and ur kolomental brother Tom Briggs got the nerve to cast aspersions on Igbos for his your people's lack of civilization. Una still dey clean nyash with water by the river side or have toilet tissues and latrine reach ur side of the world? Hehehe
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ChinenyeN(m): 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2011
ow11:

sim means 'to call'
Oh okay. I'm guessing "sim" is Kirike then.

udezue:

grin grin grin grin His rabid dislike of anything Igbo gave him away.
grin Eziokwu. He should really work on that, so as to not expose himself so often and so quickly, unless of course he enjoys the recognition. In that case then, may his canoe stay afloat.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
After Amaechi there will another Igbo governor from maybe Etche next should be Opobo, so continue to trash them but they will continue to rule River state. A correct Okirika / Kalabari man fit make am as well as long as he is not full of self-hate like Tom Briggs. Kalabari and especially Okirika bu rumu wenne anyi.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by alex14(m): 12:05am On Sep 24, 2011
udezue:

Another thing about Kiluyet aka Tom Briggs is that he is partly Igbo but due to extreme hateful indoctrination he can't help it but the Igbo in him. I feel sorry for the character.

Tufiakwa! angry Please bro, do not make the mistake of attributing "part Igboism" to these things called Ijaw. I support continued pollution of their land by nigerian govt via oil drilling. They're not worth anything and deserve whatever treatment they get from the northern controlled govt of nigeria.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 24, 2011
Quoting Udezue the pig After Amaechi there will another Igbo governor from maybe Etche next should be Opobo, so continue to trash them but they will continue to rule River state. A correct Okirika / Kalabari man fit make am as well as long as he is not full of self-hate like Tom Briggs. Kalabari and especially Okirika bu rumu wenne anyi. /quote]

You rat eating Igbos have again intruded in yet another Ijaw case, stupid useless shameless animals, You ll continue to hate Ijaws till you start hating God, Rivers state has always been and IKWERE /IJAW/ OGONI state and the Ikweres have always denied you OSUs. Ikwere people can rule Rivers state forever and we love it, Rivers wanna be punk ass or should I say you Rivers envying swine. This is not an Ikwere / Ijaw game so go and eat your mother's faeces and die.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 6:41am On Sep 24, 2011
Lmaoooo Ikwerre is not the only Igbo group in Rivers. Ndoni, Etche, Abua, Ekpafia full ground. Ikwerre get full representation in Ohanaeze, The VP of Ohanaeze is Ikwerre proper. U can't tell Ikwerre what they are u lost FOOOL. You commit suicide coz Igbo blood runs in ur veins. Your family get am all the way to Arochukwu. Useless self-hating foool. I bet when u approach an Igbo u no go talk such nonsense. Go to Aba or Onicha and spew the same jargon now.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 24, 2011
Quoting TPIA   even assuming this is true Undecided

explain the difference between offa and oyo

In Lagos  Island the natives  are mostly from OFA in Kwara  state. They are called IGBOMINA  Yorubas. The Igbominas were  among the first group of Yorubas to migrate to ISALE Eko    after the colonial era.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 6:48am On Sep 24, 2011
Alex unfortunately its true. Tom briggs is mentally unstable. His family get Igbo blood. He claims he doesn't hate his Igbo mothers but I don't think his Igbo relatives know much of him and his hateful antics. Probably one of those Ijaw-Igbo rejects still mad at Igbo ppl for whatever reason.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 6:52am On Sep 24, 2011
Tom Briggs, hey u still dey clean anu$ after shyting with water and bare hands? Na so privileged Ijo ppl still dey do am? Tamuno!!!Wokilemo!!!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2011
QUOTING ALJ HAREM Now there are states in SW nigeria that were never under the OYO empire but are now Yorubaland

places like ekiti, lagos, ondo, western delta.

I am an Awori myself and I can tell u that there are NO APOI CLANS IN LAGOS OR ANY OF HER ISLANDS

Apapa is just a name and does not mean Ijaws gave it that name

badary, oyingbo, alhausa, makoko, akoka, etc are all names does that mean they are not part of egun and awori land ?

Now you were talking of apoi ijaws in lagos (which there are none) what does apapa mean in Ijaw language ?

Apapa is a kalabari word for ground nut and kalabaris are found in rivers state which is too far off lagos

apapa mean nothing in apoi ijaw or conventional ijaw language .

Now ajegunle, is not also an ijaw town

what does ajegunle mean in Ijaw ?

the oba of lagos was stu.pid to have done that ( No tribalism)

so killayut. what does Ijora mean in ijaw ?

ijora means a stale day in yoruba ( Ijo ra)

Not being part of the oyo empire does not mean we are not yorubas. I hope you understand

the ilaje of ondo , awori of lagos, egun of lagos, ekiti paropo, the itsekiris, etc all this groups

We were never EVER part of the Oyo empire and if u read your history well, you would not find in the oyo empire quoting Awori, ilaje, mahin, egun people, itsekiri people in there

so you can check your history. but ask why I an Awori man would never ever be considered an Ijaw ? Because Ijaw ethnic group is a fraud

why can't the, ekiti ilaje, mahin, itsekiri, urhobo etc can never call themselves Ijaw because they are Not.

Apoi Ijaw is another case because in every group, there are some confuse bunch and unfortunately the apoi Ijaw fell for the bait.

Sahara reporter owner is apoi ijaw. does not act like Ijaw to me Undecided

you as a kalabari man, can u understand an gelegele Ijaw migrate speak ?

mind you, not all costal groups are ijaws. even in balysea, there are igbo groups there. believe it or not and yet they are not represented in the state.

Now you people want representation in other parts of the country. How is this possible

Even as far as lagos and kano state. Igbos are represented but baylsea state which some igbo groups are indigenous to, they are not represented in the cabinet. why is that.

thanks for your time

Before i go I would like to share the history of how ijaws gave land to itsekiri, urhobo, ekiti and bini people.

APAPA is an Ijaw word meaning ground nut and KALABARI is an Ijaw ethnic group. All Ijaws call it APAPA,

Tell me if the AWORI DIALECT is similar to AFONJA dialect or Ijebu ? And tell me if Ondo dialect is similar to Oyo.

Infact the original Ondo dialect has a lot of Ijaw words and incase you do not know one typical Ijaw word used by Yorubas is OLOSHI

Oloshi or Olosi is an Ijaw word mainly used by eastern Ijaws and it means worthless person, Si or shi i Ijaw means bad or worthless OLO is an old Ijaw word meaning society, That is not enough, but I won't continue to give examples of Ijaw words used in Yoruba.

Now Aworis are even minorities in Lagos state . the entire Ikorodu are Ijebus and Egbas, Ekpe is an Ijebu town. There are no Aworis from Eti Osa to Ibeju Lekki and these are the Apoi mixed areas.

Ajegunle is not the name of that slum. AJEGUNLE is the coined name given to it, That area has different departments, like, Ifelodun, Tolu, Olodi, Owu ya ya ( might be wrong spelling ) and the first settlers of the area were the Ijaws hence Yoruba language was not commonly spoken there until recently, Infact Yoruba people were afraid to go there even up till 10 years ago. The influx of Yorubas to the area recently was the cause of inter tribal violence there. Till today no one knows what is an AWORI city in Lagos state. At first it was thought the AWORIS founded Ojo, Amuwo Odofin and Agboju But it 's found non Yorubas actually started settlement in those areas, AWORIS may be inhabiting Sango Ota and Ifor and the Agege area and never Coastal Lagos. The Oniru Family that owns APESE ( victoria Island are not AWORIS ? ISALE Eko IS NOT AN AWORI land, and from Ojo to BADAGRY ( Egun land ) while most of the coast were home to APOI, AROGBO IJAWS,
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 7:40am On Sep 24, 2011
killayut:

APAPA is an Ijaw word meaning ground nut and KALABARI is an Ijaw ethnic group. All Ijaws call it APAPA,

Tell me if the AWORI DIALECT is similar to AFONJA dialect or Ijebu ? And tell me if Ondo dialect is similar to Oyo.

Infact the original Ondo dialect has a lot of Ijaw words and incase you do not know one typical Ijaw word used by Yorubas is OLOSHI

Oloshi or Olosi is an Ijaw word mainly used by eastern Ijaws and it means worthless person, Si or shi i Ijaw means bad or worthless OLO is an old Ijaw word meaning society, That is not enough, but I won't continue to give examples of Ijaw words used in Yoruba.

I know this is not meant for me I simply have to reply to your post.

Is "Oloshi" meant to be an only Ijaw word?? Its like when Yorubas say "[b]Ewu[/b]re" (goat). I should now say Igbos got "Ewu" (goat) from Yorubas?? Or when Igbos say Okwute (Stone), I should conclude that Yorubas got it Okuta from Igbos?
C'mon, I am literally laughing . . . grin grin grin

killayut:

Now Aworis are even minorities in Lagos state . the entire Ikorodu are Ijebus and Egbas, Ekpe is an Ijebu town. There are no Aworis from Eti Osa to Ibeju Lekki and these are the Apoi mixed areas.
Yes, because Lagos HAS EXPANDED LIKE PH!

killayut:

Ajegunle is not the name of that slum. AJEGUNLE is the coined name given to it, That area has different departments, like, Ifelodun, Tolu, Olodi, Owu ya ya ( might be wrong spelling ) and the first settlers of the area were the Ijaws hence Yoruba language was not commonly spoken there until recently, Infact Yoruba people were afraid to go there even up till 10 years ago. The influx of Yorubas to the area recently was the cause of inter tribal violence there. Till today no one knows what is an AWORI city in Lagos state. At first it was thought the AWORIS founded Ojo, Amuwo Odofin and Agboju But it 's found non Yorubas actually started settlement in those areas, AWORIS may be inhabiting Sango Ota and Ifor and the Agege area and never Coastal Lagos. The Oniru Family that owns APESE ( victoria Island are not AWORIS ? ISALE Eko IS NOT AN AWORI land, and from Ojo to BADAGRY ( Egun land ) while most of the coast were home to APOI, AROGBO IJAWS,
Okay, like you said Apapa is an Ijaw word. There Apapa is Ijaw land, abi?? What does Ifelodun, Tolu, Olodi etc mean in Ijaw Ifelodun is "Love is sweet" and Olodi is "Opposite area". I can equally proclaim that as Yoruba land!!!
Again Aworis are Yorubas. Have you EVER since an Awori say he is not Yoruba?? You guys are funny! Its like what you tried doing in Ondo state, by trying to tell Ijales, Mahins and co that they are Ijaws. Well, I am happy with their response! This is the WEST! You can cause identity crises in the East, especially with Ikwerris and co BUT in the West, NO. Apart from some Ijaw settlements, EVERY ETHNIC GROUP IS EITHER Yoruba (whether they were part of the Oyo empire is irrelevant) OR Edo/Edoid (whether they were part of the Benin empire is irrelevant)! Anything outside those two is IRRELEVANT IN THE WEST . . LOL!!!!

On a real, who are the Ijaws to be giving history lessons to every ethnic group undecided. Can't you see that everything depends on POVs?? All these "ITK" attitude is just not worth it! My humble opinion.

You don't have to reply, JUST IGNORE IT!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2011
Welcome back killayut.I like argument without bitterness.You earlier insinuated that Igbos marginalised Bayelsans under the Eastern Region.I will like to remind you that the Eastern region lasted only for 6 years(1960-1966).Now Bayelsa has had 41 years outside your presumed Igbo marginalisation,how well has it fared regardless of the fact that it gets more allocation than the entire South-East?

2ndly,why does Ijaw claims not extend to Cotonou,Lome and Accra?Or Ijaws already knew that Nigeria would stop at Lagos.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2011
Killayut, stop spreading lies. Ijo are not natives of Ajegunle. If that is the case then Igbos should claim natives of Lagos. Is Ajegunle Ijo land? So Yoruba ppl don become settlers in their own land? LOL guy please have a limit. OPC had Ijo settlers in Ajegunle running to the ocean when Ijo attacked Itsekiri and Ilaje ppl. Why don't u claim parts of Benue state and attract the wrath of the Tiv. Claim Niger state while u @ it. Claim Bakassi as well. U erect a few sticks and cover the top with palm leaves and u think that is enough to assert ownership of the area inhabited and owned by others?
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 7:47am On Sep 24, 2011
Abagworo:

Welcome back killayut.I like argument without bitterness.You earlier insinuated that Igbos marginalised Bayelsans under the Eastern Region.I will like to remind you that the Eastern region lasted only for 6 years(1960-1966).Now Bayelsa has had 41 years outside your presumed Igbo marginalisation,how well has it fared regardless of the fact that it gets more allocation than the entire South-East?

2ndly,why does Ijaw claims not extend to Cotonou,Lome and Accra?Or Ijaws already knew that Nigeria would stop at Lagos.

grin grin grin grin

I have asked that question before, no one answered!!!!

MAY GOD ALMIGHTY CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU WISDOM!!!!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2011
@ Abagworo

You see the problem?? ANY MAN CAN SIMPLY Ride A BOAT and call it Ijaw land. It does not mean it is actually Ijaw Land. If Ajegunle is Ijaw land, why is it named Ajegunle?? And if it was renamed by the Yorubas, what was its previous name

SMH at these people!!!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 7:52am On Sep 24, 2011
Its like Ijaws knew the exact boundaries of Nigeria! shocked shocked shocked
ROMFLMAO!!!
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 7:59am On Sep 24, 2011
LmaoOoooooooo @ Jason. "Its like Ijo knew the boundary of Nigeria" For real!!! Like one of their high priests predicted the map and told to claim those places. Wait ooo one Ijo guy like Kiluyet claimed Ijo also owned coastal cities of Ghana, Benin and Togo. LOL I laugh laugh. I almost broke a rib-cage.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2011
udezue:

LmaoOoooooooo @ Jason. "Its like Ijo knew the boundary of Nigeria" For real!!! Like one of their high priests predicted the map and told to claim those places. Wait ooo one Ijo guy like Kiluyet claimed Ijo also owned coastal cities of Ghana, Benin and Togo. LOL I laugh laugh. I almost broke a rib-cage.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Guy, no kill me this morning!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 24, 2011
This is definitely going to make Ijaw stronger, When people gang up to hate you cos of your resources it builds your strength and gives you courage to defend your self. A Benin / Ijaw small misunderstanding over GELE GELE thread turned out to be a mass Igbo/ Yoruba hate groups on the Ijaws, shame on you duo SOUTHERN NIGERIA BIA/ WA tribalists. God is with us and no inch of IJAW land will be lost to you hungry rags.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by jason123: 9:11am On Sep 24, 2011
killayut:

This is definitely going to make Ijaw stronger,   When people  gang up  to hate you cos of  [b]your resources  [/b]it builds your strength  and gives you courage to defend  your self.  A Benin / Ijaw    small misunderstanding  over GELE GELE thread  turned out to be  a mass Igbo/ Yoruba hate groups on the Ijaws,  shame on you duo SOUTHERN NIGERIA  BIA/ WA  tribalists. God is with us and  no inch of IJAW land will be lost to you hungry  rags.

You see, that is the problem. How come ANY oil producing area is Ijaw land?? Yet, Ijaws know the exact boundaries of Nigeria?? I know of Hausas, they are all the way to Niger. I know of the Yorubas also. Igbo land is clearly defined! How come Ijaw land is not.How come?

Let us imagine that all the claimed Ijaw land is actually Ijaw land (that is, from Cross river shore line to Lagos shoreline). How come it does not go beyond that Have you ever asked yourself that?? How come Benin rep does not have any significant amount of Ijaw population? or Cameroun

Did Ijaws know the EXACT boundaries of Nigeria??

This is not hating (forget the jokes. They were simply jokes) but we need to ask ourselves these questions. How comes Ijaws know the origins of every southern ethnic group Does that not tell you something? that they are all fables??

Btw, I am an Itsekiri man.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Abagworo(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2011
killayut:

This is definitely going to make Ijaw stronger,   When people  gang up  to hate you cos of  your resources  it builds your strength  and gives you courage to defend  your self.  A Benin / Ijaw    small misunderstanding  over GELE GELE thread  turned out to be  a mass Igbo/ Yoruba hate groups on the Ijaws,  shame on you duo SOUTHERN NIGERIA  BIA/ WA  tribalists. God is with us and  no inch of IJAW land will be lost to you hungry  rags.

I dey laugh at your ignorance.You were the one that started making claims of peoples land.I came into this thread because I saw someone claim that Oru is Ijaw while we are Igbo.Anything around Aboh,Ndoni,Kwale,Oguta is Riverine Igbo known as Oru or sometimes Ndosimili.I had to come in and correct that lie and you came up with the Eastern region stuff whixh you are now dodging after realizing that Eastern region only lasted for 6years while Bayelsa has been under democracy for 12 years.

2ndly,I don't believe you are Kalabari because Kalabari people are peaceful and are a clear hybrid of mostly Efik with Ijaw and Igbo mix.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2011
Our Ijo land grabbing miscreants won't dare try their BS outside Nigeria's territory because that will be seen as an act of war and will attract the wrath of the military from those countries. Cameroun won't waste laying the deluded f00ls to waste by the side. They can only operate within Nigeria because the issue will be treated as local issue and the govt won't explicitly take sides in the matter as long as it doesn't threaten the flow of oil.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2011
@ Tom Briggs, gone are the days when southerners and Igbos in particular ignored ur hate-filled lies and rant. Gone are those days when restraint was the order of the day. U don't have monopoly on antagonism. U antagonize us we will pay you back well well. If u have a thing or two to say about us be assured we will have 1000 to say back to u. The more deluded f00ls like u continue to antagonize ur neighbors for no cause the more isolated u will become. Already the Ogoni and Efik-Ibibio (very important groups in the East and SS region have already distanced themselves from ur ND project so keep it up and u will regret it. You are as dumb and ugly as u look.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ak47mann(m): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2011
udezue:

@Ibime, and after all those marvelous achievements Bayelsa still remained nothing but a swampy forest with one High-way? Come on dude! Even your Diete and Ada didn't even feel the need to touch current Bayelsa area back then and your kolomental brother Tom Briggs got the nerve to cast aspersions on Igbos for his your people's lack of civilization. Una still dey clean nyash with water by the river side or have toilet tissues and latrine reach your side of the world? Hehehe
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin is true i see ijos taking a shit from their boats in river Niger cheesy cheesy cheesy laugh go kill me here i swear tongue
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by udezue(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2011
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Ak4

In the weird world of Kuliyat, that is a sign of civilization.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by ak47mann(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
udezue:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Ak4

In the weird world of Kuliyat, that is a sign of civilization.
i tireooo lol
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by Dede1(m): 1:37pm On Sep 24, 2011
killayut:

This is definitely going to make Ijaw stronger, When people gang up to hate you cos of your resources it builds your strength and gives you courage to defend your self. A Benin / Ijaw small misunderstanding over GELE GELE thread turned out to be a mass Igbo/ Yoruba hate groups on the Ijaws, shame on you duo SOUTHERN NIGERIA BIA/ WA tribalists. God is with us and no inch of IJAW land will be lost to you hungry rags.

This delusional mindset spurred by incessant drunkenness is one of the reasons the call for Nigeria disintegration remains loudest. Before you make further fool of yourself, I suggest you take a look around what is purported to be so called Ijo land. I have maintained and will continue to imply that crude oil struck on territorial waters belongs to all Nigerians.

As for strength of Ijo in case Nigeria gravitates toward the areas of greater disorder, I can honestly say Ijo has zero chance.

The so-called Ijo have no land talk less of acreage capable of producing a gallon of crude oil. Foolishness could be considered inherent on the part of Ijo if they could not discern as being used like a toilet paper. I guess time will tell.
Re: Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State by aljharem3: 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
killayut:

APAPA is an Ijaw word meaning ground nut and KALABARI is an Ijaw ethnic group. All Ijaws  call it APAPA,

Apapa is NOT  an Ijaw word but a kalabari word. an apoi or arogo ijaw does not know the meaning of Apapa. so what is your point.

there are towns in yorubaland named in fula (fulani) language which are shagamu, shingisha all this are in Oyo state etc. does that mean it is fulani land. ?

or would you call minna the capital of Niger state ? Minna is not a nupe word but is a nupe settlement.

In lagos, we have laifigi. this is not a yoruba word but a nupe word. does that mean it is nupe's land

In lagos we have a popular market called Oyingbo which mean white man in igbo. does that mean it is igbo land?

killayut:

Tell me if the AWORI  DIALECT is similar to AFONJA dialect  or Ijebu ?  And tell me if Ondo dialect is similar to Oyo.

Infact  the original Ondo dialect has a lot of  Ijaw words    and   incase  you do not know one typical Ijaw word  used by Yorubas  is OLOSHI

Oloshi  or Olosi  is an Ijaw word mainly used  by eastern Ijaws and it means worthless person,  Si  or shi   i Ijaw  means bad  or worthless  OLO  is an old Ijaw word meaning society,  That is not enough,  but I won't  continue to give examples of Ijaw words  used in Yoruba.

again I am an Awori and I know my history quite well in fact very very well.

I told u earlier that not all yoruba groups were part of the Oyo empire. Awori was never ever part of the Oyo empire or any other empire but are yorubas today.

Lagosians today is majority Awori with some ibadan and ogun state people. There was never a time in history of egun and awori that we ever ever met or communicated with apoi or argbo ijaw.

We never had ijaws in lagos from the times of the egun people, to the awori, ofa people, to bini people invaded, etc.

Oyo traded through ikorudo area of lagos which was controlled by the ijebus. That was why the ijebus controled the trading route in the Oyo empire.

There are Only 4 groups indigenous to Lagos and can lay claim. which are

1. Awori people

2. Egun people

3. Ijebu people

4. Egba people

lagos island are populated by the Egun people and Awori people. Never ever were the so call "Ijaw" were there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awori dialect is similar to Afonja of kwara dialect in fact almost the same. Awori is not similar to Ijebu

Ondo words does not have a lot of Ijaw words in them. Majority of Ondo words were gotten from the Bini people and thus this people share a lot of words with the Bini people of edo state. You mean to say Ijaws got the words from the yoruba people and not the other way around.

In yorubaland, the only words be borrowed are

1. of course the yoruba language

2. the Bini language. eg it oro e se re gele ni yen ( that is the truth of the matter ) gele is true in bini language and gele is true in yoruba language. or Omo child in but bini and yoruba

3. Nupe people

4. fulani people/ hausa language= Alafiya in bi o ( Peace be here ) in yoruba but in hausa Lafiya ( peace)

No ijaw word was used by the yorubas unless u mean the ijaws borrowed some words from us like the western ijaws did.

Oloshi has always since the beginning been a yoruba word. Infact back in the days way way before the Oyo empire was even formed. some yoruba people use to worship gods such as esu or sopono and they curse using oshi and when they added olo -shi. olo mean the owner.

killayut:

Now Aworis  are even minorities in Lagos state . the entire Ikorodu are Ijebus and Egbas, Ekpe  is an Ijebu  town. There are no Aworis   from Eti Osa  to Ibeju Lekki and  these are the Apoi mixed areas.

Eti osa and all it's local governments from ikoyi to VI/iru to lekki etc were never ever mixed with apoi whatever.

the Onikoyi was never mixed with apoi ijaw. . what does eti osa or ibeju lekki mean in ijaw ?

infact all the royalty in lagos answer to both alafin and oba of bini. so where did apoi come in. again there have never been any apoi ijaw and any other group related to ijaws in lagos .

there is no mixture or what so ever. Ko ! Zo mana i hope u understand

killayut:

Ajegunle is not the name of  that slum. AJEGUNLE is the coined name given to it,  That area has  different departments,  like, Ifelodun,  Tolu, Olodi, Owu ya ya (  might be wrong spelling )   and the first settlers  of the area  were the Ijaws  hence Yoruba language was not commonly spoken there  until  recently,  Infact Yoruba people were afraid to go there even up till 10 years  ago. The influx  of Yorubas  to the area  recently was  the cause of  inter tribal violence  there.  Till  today  no one  knows  what is an  AWORI  city in Lagos state. At first it was thought the AWORIS founded  Ojo, Amuwo Odofin   and  Agboju But  it 's found non Yorubas  actually started  settlement in those areas,  AWORIS  may be inhabiting   Sango Ota and  Ifor and the Agege area  and never Coastal Lagos.  The Oniru Family  that owns  APESE  (  victoria  Island  are not AWORIS ? ISALE Eko IS NOT AN   AWORI land,  and from Ojo to BADAGRY   (  Egun land )  while most of the coast  were home to APOI, AROGBO IJAWS,

Please shut it if u do not know what u are talking about.

Ajegunle is a slum of lagos and please tell me if any yoruba person would live there ?

Yorubas don't like living in slums, and as such urhobo, itsekiri, igbos, ijaws all migrated to the place and call it home. How can u now call it ijaw land. Are u thinking at all ?

what recent yoruba migration. currently ajegunle has 3 royalty which are the igbos (eze ndigbo), yoruba baale of ajegunle and ijaws. the most respected among this 3 are the yoruba, then the igbo and lastly the ijaw

------------------------------------------

I know what an Awori settlement is in lagos so don't talk of what u do not know of.

infact in lagos it is call awori/egun clan.

awori/egun ethic group covers every single part of lagos even to ogun state which they are called YEWA

part of non- awori egun settlement are just 3 or so

1. abule- egba(egba)

2. Ikorodu ( Ijebu)

the costal lagos has always been in habited by egun - awori people. infact the returnee slaves from brazil etc. why did they not speak Ijaw since Ijaws were always there before the aworis.

why do they speak awori yoruba ?

egun-awori food are fishes, alligator, oysters, crabs, coconuts etc. so how did they get this shore line food if they did not inhabit the costal area.

I am waiting,

even as costal as epe is, egun awori people are indigenes there, not to talk of victorial island which is part of the land controled by the onikoyi.

there is nothing like apoi or arogbo ijaw in lagos. so do not bring that UP !

Infact the nupe or bini people still have more claims any any ijaw person in lagos.

don't think u are talking to an ignoramus here that does not know lagos history in and out.

also, which part of ondo state do ijaws inhabite in these maps

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeLe-LxX11eZVUCn47yNUAeSrhoZK2XjVb-JdSpW1r3Otv-ev_VA[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Supreme Court Victory: Orji Uzor Kalu Reacts / Nnamdi Kanu Cancels Kaduna Visit. See Reactions / 10 Governors Visit Dangote Refinery, Say It’s A Pride To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.