Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan (22521 Views)

Buhari's 'Loyalists': Eat Your Cake And Stop Criticizing Mr President!!! / I Won't Stop Criticizing Buhari – Fayose / Why Obasanjo Cant Be Arrested For Stealing $billions, Its 2 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by kingsceemark(m): 4:38am On Dec 16, 2012
The troubleshooting mission to Ota by the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party to reconcile ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and President Goodluck Jonathan has failed to yield the expected outcome with Mr. Obasanjo saying he won’t stop criticizing the present administration.

Mr. Obasanjo had angered Mr. Jonathan after he suggested that the president appeared a weak leader given the way he was handling the security challenges facing the country.

In his comment, the former President reminded the nation of how he directed security agencies to invade Odi, Rivers State, to fish out militants who killed some security men during his tenure.

An angry Mr. Jonathan however hit back at Mr. Obasanjo during his last media chat, saying the Odi invasion Mr. Obasanjo boasted about did not solve the problem but only ended up shedding the blood of the innocent.

Since then, elements loyal to the two men within the party have engaged one another in a war of words, and the national leadership of the party has been desperate for a reconciliation.

But when the peace team, led by party chairman Bamanga Tukur, visited Ota on Saturday, Mr. Obasanjo insisted he would continue to comment on national issues whenever necessary not minding whose ox is gored.

He said, “If there is anything that requires my own comment, position or views I will say it. “Because, if there is no Nigeria, there will not be a party and if there is no party, there will be nothing to govern on the platform of the party.

“It is my passion, patriotism and love that will continue to make me say my own. If I see something that is inimical to the growth of the party, I will talk.”

He said that keeping quiet on issues of national importance was not the best option for him because of his love for Nigeria.

Mr. Obasanjo expressed his delight over Mr. Tukur’s visit, describing the PDP chieftain a respected leader.

“It is always a delight to have our oga visit us to see what we are doing and what we are not doing. “Without Nigeria there will be no party even when I was in prison I was not quiet,” he said.

After a closed-door meeting where he tried to persuade Mr. Obasanjo to moderate his comment on national issues, Mr. Tukur told journalists the main purpose of his visit was to appreciate the former PDP Board of Trustees chairman for his service to the party, country and the international community.

“Your support has never been relenting and I have come to say “thank you sir,” he said.

To also pacify Mr. Obasanjo, Mr. Tukur informed him that the national leadership of the party would continue to recognize the leadership of the Dipo Odujirin-led executive in the state.

The Ogun State PDP has two factions with Mr. Obasanjo belonging to the Odujirin-led group, which was voided by a Federal High Court in November.

“Whoever the people have elected as far as I am concerned, is the chairman of our party in Ogun,” Mr. Tukur said, in disregard of the court order.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Sen. Odujinrin and 28 others were elected as members of the state Executive Committee in August 2012 and the election was supervised by the national body of the party.

But Mr. Odujinrin’s chairmanship was opposed by a faction of the party who claimed a court ruling was in their favour.

Mr. Tukur said : ”there is no crisis here in Ogun PDP at all.

“I have come here because of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who is the leader of our party and I’m now the chairman.

“We do this with the leaders of our party throughout the country and my own programme is about reconciliation, reformation and rebuilding.

“I have been going round to the leaders and stakeholders of our party. So I can assure you that there is nothing about crisis here.

“Secondly, about discipline in our party; if you listen to what I said in Akwa Ibom, first of all, our own principle today is rebuilding our party based on equity and justice, no imposition so that everybody will feel to be part of that great party.

“It is only when you give people the leadership they did not elect that is when you then start to get crisis.

“As long as you build on harmony, consultation and consensus you will see that the party will be less or at almost zero conflict,” he added.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/111381-i-cant-stop-criticising-jonathan-says-obasanjo.html

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by kulikuli26: 6:51am On Dec 16, 2012
This has always been ur style Baba and it won't change with GEJ,at this critical point in the life of our nation,patriotic leaders cannot afford to keep mute base on party alliance.Baba u fought for the unity of this country and u will surely not stand and watch it derailed with the way its been run presently like dey say"Somebody Build House anoda person destroy am".GEJ shd listen to d word of elders on dis national issues and see it as an opprotunity to perform better its obvious there are a lot of psycopants in his cabinet who would do him no good.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by geez1: 6:53am On Dec 16, 2012
God bless OBJ

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by omowolewa: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2012
I wish the opposition presents a credible candidate by 2015. Jonathan is really missing it.

He needs more power to his tiny muscle to over power OBJ.
The north wants him out of power yet he still pick quarrel with part of the south. The mathematics is not friendly at all.

OBJ can criticise GEJ, its necessary if he really loves this nation.
OBJ (like any other past president)is not a success until his predecessor succeeds.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by RickyRoss1(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2012
OBJ should shut the fuk up, he is the most corrupt Nigerian president alive, and he is by far the most greedy and ugliest president to rule Africa.
Ugly people are always wicked, mean and heartless. In developed lands OBJ should be cooling off in prison by now. This is a bastardd that stole 16 billion dollars in the name of IPP without generating a single kilo of electricity.

17 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by aljharem(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross: OBJ should shut the fuk up, he is the most corrupt Nigerian president alive, and he is by far the most greedy and ugliest president to rule Africa.
Ugly people are always wicked, mean and heartless. In developed lands OBJ should be cooling off in prison by now. This is a bastardd that stole 16 billion dollars in the name of IPP without generating a single kilo of electricity.

Lets compare the first 4 years of OBJ to the first four years of GEJ

1. OBJ dealt with Militancy while GEJ is still confused on what to do with BH

2. OBJ IS A LEADER, FIRM AND STRAIGHT FORWARD IN MAKING DECISIONS, WHILE Gej appears to be very confuse.

3. OBJ GSM, GEJ NOTHING

In as much as OBJ is a thief, I would still prefer OBJ to GEJ by far

49 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by AbdulAdam56(m): 9:15am On Dec 16, 2012
Shegu they are the same,jst using our head.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 16, 2012
Magas! angry make dem go sLeep abegg!!
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by k2039: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2012
The earlier OBJ realises the more he critisizes GEJ the more OBJ shows his stupidity afterall GEJ's presidency had a lot to do with his own input too.

So OBJ only demomstrated his failure in leadership, a good leader ensures his successor is better than him and capable of running the office.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by outrage: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2012
omowolewa: I wish the opposition presents a credible candidate by 2015. Jonathan is really missing it.

He needs more power to his tiny muscle to over power OBJ.
The north wants him out of power yet he still pick quarrel with part of the south. The mathematics is not friendly at all.
So its a north and south thing? Not the best person for the job? GEJ is definately not the man but because he's from south then let him continue and we also suffer.. Just because of pride?
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross: OBJ should shut the fuk up, he is the most corrupt Nigerian president alive, and he is by far the most greedy and ugliest president to rule Africa.

i guess you are checking every minute to see if you've gotten any likes.

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by omarky(m): 9:51am On Dec 16, 2012

As much as I don't like this man, OBJ's 4 yrs tenure is by far better than that of GEJ. Action speaks louder than voice....

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 9:54am On Dec 16, 2012
Do what is expected of u, and u wont be criticized. But hell, everyone goes thru criticism one time or the other.
U know why i like OBJ, he says the damn thing as it is. He is the only one from the south that can counter the North, cos the North trust him and have allowed him get ever so close to them. The Igbo man would so love to conquer the North too, but they won't ever let us get close, cos they dont trust us, just as we dont trust them either.
Yes Baba has had his weaknesses as a human and a leader, but he's still a PATRIOT.
PROUDLY IGBO!

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by alaoeri: 9:55am On Dec 16, 2012
For those that are saying OBJ has lost his relevance, if its so then why the leaders of the party are trying to reconcile between him & GEJ?
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by oluwalexxy(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2012
kulikuli26: This has always been ur style Baba and it won't change with GEJ,at this critical point in the life of our nation,patriotic leaders cannot afford to keep mute base on party alliance.Baba u fought for the unity of this country and u will surely not stand and watch it derailed with the way its been run presently like dey say"Somebody Build House anoda person destroy am".GEJ shd listen to d word of elders on dis national issues and see it as an opprotunity to perform better its obvious there are a lot of psycopants in his cabinet who would do him no good.
[left][/left]
jt passin by..
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by highlandre(m): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2012
One of the reasons why I love Obasanjo is because he says things the way they are

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 16, 2012
obj coming to terms with his legacy to nigerians . . .the government of a drunken simpleton being pushed around by a party of brigands
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Ibangap(m): 9:58am On Dec 16, 2012
OBJ should go ahead nd critisize GEJ, i guess if there had been any1 critisizing him during his tenure he would hav done better dan he did.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2012
Obj is totally wrong, I believe in Jonathan govt , d humble man is just following d rule of law, even if those folks are terrorist , remember they are still Nigerian, if obama were in his shoes ,he would do likewise. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by vislabraye(m): 10:01am On Dec 16, 2012
OBJ is always fond of picking up fight. That's his way.
You people shouldn't be fooled, his interest is not in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by highlandre(m): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2012
One of the reasons why I love Obasanjo is because he says things the way they are. Even when he was president, there was no forming of cosmetic lifestyle about him.

Baba, carry go jor, and expose the incompetence of that guy called GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2012
Obj has ruled Nigeria for more than 11yrs, is that not enough 2 turn Nigeria 2 paradise on earth, I think he is old, and that is affecting him seriously. God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by jaymichael(m): 10:04am On Dec 16, 2012
alj harem:

2. OBJ IS A LEADER, FIRM AND STRAIGHT FORWARD IN MAKING DECISIONS, WHILE Gej appears to be very confuse.

3. OBJ GSM, GEJ NOTHING

GBAM
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Clemzy16(m): 10:05am On Dec 16, 2012
Take banana till you go yoo.. Na dem sabi jooo?!
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by templeinyou(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2012
alj harem:

3. OBJ GSM, GEJ NOTHING

1. OBJ WAS ABLE B/C MILITANTS WE KNOW THEY WERE IN THE CREEKS, NOW WHERE ARE THE BH, THEY ARE AMONG THEIR PPL.
WILL U USE THAT OBJS MEYHOD TO FINISH ALL MEDUGIRIANS. TELL ME

2. OBJ WAS MORE OF AUTORCRATIC.

3. GEJ. ONFOLD OIL CABALS.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by bankyblue(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross: OBJ should shut the fuk up, he is the most corrupt Nigerian president alive, and he is by far the most greedy and ugliest presi[b][/b]dent to rule Africa.
Why ur father no go arrest am. U just open ur toilet called mouth
And start saying nonsense. What dose ugliest and greedy as to do with
Ruling a country? Go and read ur government text book again.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by segzicres(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2012
Even ABACHA's tenure is better dan that of GEJ. Not to even talk of OBJ

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by jason123: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2012
Ugly people are always wicked, mean and heartless.
In developed lands OBJ should be cooling off in prison by now. This is a bastardd that stole 16 billion dollars in the name of IPP without generating a single kilo of electricity.

Immaturity

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2012
alaoeri: For those that are saying OBJ has lost his relevance, if its so then why the leaders of the party are trying to reconcile between him & GEJ?

It so clear to see that OBJ hasn't lost his relevance, cos he's always been a charismatic leader. People know the truth but just wont admit it.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by newacca: 10:23am On Dec 16, 2012
vanstanzy: Do what is expected of u, and u wont be criticized. But hell, everyone goes thru criticism one time or the other.
U know why i like OBJ, he says the damn thing as it is. He is the only one from the south that can counter the North, cos the North trust him and have allowed him get ever so close to them. The Igbo man would so love to conquer the North too, but they won't ever let us get close, cos they dont trust us, just as we dont trust them either.
Yes Baba has had his weaknesses as a human and a leader, but he's still a PATRIOT.
PROUDLY IGBO!

+1
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by vanstanzy(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2012
vislabraye: OBJ is always fond of picking up fight. That's his way.
You people shouldn't be fooled, his interest is not in Nigeria.

He's not picking for a fight, but saying the truth.
GEJ can't afford to "play it safe" when it comes to security, internal or external.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by ChimaAdeoye: 10:27am On Dec 16, 2012
So funny Obasanjo likes to criticize someone else.Yet , OBJ could not stand even constructive criticism in his time. Bola Ige, Pa Rewane are all in the grave today because OBJ couldn't stand being told the truth.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ambode Presents 4 Mobile CCTV Cameras & 4 Back Up Cars To RRS (Pics) / Bidemi Rufai In More Trouble For Deceiving US Court In Desperate Bid To Get Bail / Insecurity In South-East Will End 2 Minutes After My Release - Nnamdi Kanu (Vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.