Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers (37457 Views)

CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by JetStar: 8:38am On Mar 09, 2023
magoo10:
Change comes with a price of discomfort,I am also feeling the pains.

Let those who have looted our monies in trillions and stored them in cash eat them raw.

Nigerians should charge on CBN to make the approved new notes denominations available and sufficient.

For looters sake ,old notes have passed away

You dey crase. I wish you would pass away

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by olaric(m): 8:38am On Mar 09, 2023
Not surpised to be reading this...Nigerian banks would give you old or dollar notes, but when it comes to collecting it, would tell you they don't want any note reelased before 2013.
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Chuknovski(m): 8:38am On Mar 09, 2023
grin
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by tabaralph: 8:38am On Mar 09, 2023
Dreal1247:
Lastly, after the elections, the money becomes useful. If you can access the money, buy as much as you can. Finally it will be useful until 31st December.

This I have also seen
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by zinaunreal(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2023
Thanksful:

Them don't know anything. They were busy shouting supreme court said? They don't know supreme court interprets law, they don't enforce it.

What ever supreme Court says is final don't be daft

4 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Brushstrokes20: 8:39am On Mar 09, 2023
The LAWLESS, lifeless animal in human skin and emeFAILURE are hell bent on sinking the shithole beyond redemption undecided undecided....
But One thing is certain...

the DIABOLIC DUO WON'T END WELL!

Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by sofeo(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2023
Alright

Check my Signature
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by zenith114(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2023
Nawa
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Gbajure(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2023
magoo10:

Let those who have looted our monies in trillions and stored them in cash eat them raw.

Nigerians should charge on CBN to make the approved new notes denominations available and sufficient.

You must be very stupid and incapable of thinking. If there are enough new notes, why will the bank even be thinking of disbursing the old notes?

6 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Faiththatworks(m): 8:39am On Mar 09, 2023
Hi
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 09, 2023
zinaunreal:

What ever supreme Court says is final don't be daft

No doubt. But they don't make that final statement happen.

Court don't enforce judgement. Though they make it.

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Trustme2(m): 8:43am On Mar 09, 2023
Confusion everywhere. Which kind of country is this

3 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by SmartPolician: 8:43am On Mar 09, 2023
habsydiamond:
Nigeria my country. The only country where politicians are above the law because there is no judiciary to check them. See how CBN governor is joking with everyone

Politicians are not above the law; they only flout court orders because they control all the institutions of government that ought to enforce such orders.

The day you will know that politicians (even the president) are not above the law is the day a tribunal will declare that they didn't win the election and the Supreme Court's judges okay the ruling.

The president will be bundled out of office the next day if he refuses to step down. Buhari is only toying with the Supreme Court ruling because it doesn't nullify the authenticity of his victory.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Akharmony: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2023
when it come to political matters they are quick to implement thr court order but now it a case of the masses suffering they seem so b silemt about the curt rulling. . This supreame court rulings clearly shows that many Nigerian are just living by hope and fate, we just living in a risky country, only the rich and affluent has the right to court. .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by jUeLiZ: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2023
Can a country be this confused?😕🤔
Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by lexy2014: 8:47am On Mar 09, 2023
magoo10:

Where is it in the constitution or CBN act that d CBN should cause pains to Nigerians because it wants to redesign the naira? Is this the first time cbn is redesigning the naira? Did previous exercises cause pain?

Which looters are you referring to? Can you pls name them?

Is it by causing pain to millions of nigerians that you go after looters?

Is it the job of cbn to punish looters?

Why can't some of you free yourselves from mental slavery?

Look at your hypocrisy: "Nigerians should charge on CBN to make the approved new notes denominations available and sufficient."

And yet you say the suffering is justified. Who are the nigerians that should charge on CBN?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by ufuosman(m): 8:47am On Mar 09, 2023
Dis country tire person
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by millionboi2: 8:47am On Mar 09, 2023
Even banks are now doing anyhow bank ooo
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by deltateam: 8:48am On Mar 09, 2023
ijustdey:

•As CBN unveils guidelines on open banking

https://sunnewsonline.com/banks-issue-reject-deposits-of-old-notes-by-customers/

Buhari is causing it by remaining quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Confirm4real(m): 8:48am On Mar 09, 2023
I'm happy because, those that voted for APC again to continue from where Buhari will stop will also enjoy the suffering.

Is God not wonderful grin

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by lexy2014: 8:48am On Mar 09, 2023
Dreal1247:
Lastly, after the elections, the money becomes useful.

How did you come by this information?

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Osibajo2023: 8:49am On Mar 09, 2023
magoo10:

mumu, by may 29, with TINUBU, dey will start spending it

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2023
Emefiele must not go unpublished
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by kelspinall(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2023
Nigeria and confusion all the time...

you give out Old notes and reject it, what's that supposed to mean? so you are playing smart one

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by adonainana: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2023
Just because of this failed naira redesign

I know at least 2 international investors who will think twice before investing their money and bringing their hard earned money into the Nigerian economy

Investors confidence is the keyword

How can you invest in an economy that doesn't even know what its doing

This is why I don't get along with my dad, that man is very proud and arrogant, even worse than emefiele, never agrees he is wrong

Just obvious arrogance and pride for no apparent reasons

One of the reasons why Nigeria is a mess today, too many proud people who won't accept wrongs or just be humble to learn

The naira swap has failed, return and maintain status quo..
But pride

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Itisallright: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2023
Confusions in the land.... inec is confused, bubu is confused, CBN is confused, Sanwoolu is confused, Nigerians are confused, Seyi Makinde is confused, Wike is confused, Otum is confused, in fact we're all confused...

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Jostoman: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2023
Apc looters in lagos that are sharing 10,000 naira Old note to Poeple in lagos to buy Vote on saturday should continue till march 18. Thank you
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Spiff20(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2023
Emefiele will suffer for 400 years.
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by gfelo(m): 8:56am On Mar 09, 2023
the country is as confused as Buhari
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by HellVictorinho7: 8:56am On Mar 09, 2023
magoo10:

nonsense
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by ImoleNaija: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2023
I am very upset right now. I got the old notes from the counter, went out to buy something and everywhere I went, they rejected it and when I came back to the bank to deposit back the money, to my surprise, the teller rejected it saying they cannot take it back. The annoying thing here is if they could give out these old N1000 notes for us to withdraw, why can they accept deposits?

The bank in this mention deserves whatever grievances people shower on the bank & its staff undecided.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized / Mike Adenuga Loses $300 Million / How I Recycled Wasted Disposable Cups To Chandelier Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.