Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers (37459 Views)

CBN Offical Tells Nigerians To Deposit Old Notes In Their Banks (Video) / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by HellVictorinho7: 8:59am On Mar 09, 2023
lexy2014:

Where is it in the constitution or CBN act that d CBN should cause pains to Nigerians because it wants to redesign the naira? Is this the first time cbn is redesigning the naira? Did previous exercises cause pain?

Which looters are you referring to? Can you pls name them?

Is it by causing pain to millions of nigerians that you go after looters?

Is it the job of cbn to punish looters?

Why can't some of you free yourselves from mental slavery?

Look at your hypocrisy: "Nigerians should charge on CBN to make the approved new notes denominations available and sufficient."

And yet you say the suffering is justified. Who are the nigerians that should charge on CBN?
that bastard must die a bastard, leave him.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by fasterwell(m): 9:00am On Mar 09, 2023
The cbn governor and his allies are playing with fire because come may 29 muhammadu buhari will relocate to his Street and tinubu will be in aso Rock.

Who will defend the cbn governor from the new government?

You have the opportunity to make things right before it gets too late but you're claiming to be hot headed and putting the citizens in chaotic mess.

Nobody should accuse Tinubu of fighting against the igbos when he start dealing with the cbn governor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by holocron: 9:02am On Mar 09, 2023
Quest7777:
Imagine banks deliberately issuing out money that is ILLEGAL TENDER without being seriously sanctioned by CBN.

Then CBN & Buhari disregarding Supreme Court ruling.
Such a lawless & confused country that have abandoned citizens to their own fate.

How can something sanctioned by supreme court be termed ILLEGAL?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Kobicove(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2023
The CBN governor should have been sacked long ago!

3 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by MuchAdo: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2023
magoo10:
Change comes with a price of discomfort,I am also feeling the pains.

Let those who have looted our monies in trillions and stored them in cash eat them raw.

Nigerians should charge on CBN to make the approved new notes denominations available and sufficient.

For looters sake ,old notes have passed away

Despite the Supreme Court ruling Are you daft

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by owoshuyi(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2023
Currently in Nigeria:

Worst Nigerian President ever.
Worst CBN Governor ever.
Worst Senate President ever.

Which one I forget abeg? grin

I remember another one.
Worst INEC Chairman ever

7 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Chetas81(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2023
SHITHOLE
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Chetas81(m): 9:04am On Mar 09, 2023
owoshuyi:
Currently in Nigeria:

Worst Nigerian President ever.
Worst CBN Governor ever.
Worst Senate President ever.

Which one I forget abeg? grin
Femi GBAJABI

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Mcdaniels06: 9:05am On Mar 09, 2023
habsydiamond:
Nigeria my country. The only country where politicians are above the law because there is no judiciary to check them. See how CBN governor is joking with everyone

Exactly. Sadly that, the Judiciary they set-up is immune to them but to only discipline the poor. They set-up constitution that would Favour only them, and not the masses, as long as you can kill to get there, you will enjoy it too. A court as high as the Supreme Court gave a ruling and it did not stand, in a federation where democracy is practice? That's Humanly Insane.
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by imoh4king(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2023
seunlayi:
Do you know that if it happened that military decided to take over, 80% of Nigerians will took to the street to celebrate it? Democracy is failing us
Truly, Military should PLEASE take over.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Emeka71(m): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2023
Quest7777:
Imagine banks deliberately issuing out money that is ILLEGAL TENDER without being seriously sanctioned by CBN.

Then CBN & Buhari disregarding Supreme Court ruling.
Such a lawless & confused country that have abandoned citizens to their own fate.
Meaning bankers are scammers.

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by omoyeni37: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2023
It's the silence of buhari for me, he just kept quite as if he's not concerned.

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Quest7777: 9:28am On Mar 09, 2023
holocron:

How can something sanctioned by supreme court be termed ILLEGAL?
Depends on your perspective.
Supreme Court consider it LEGAL
CBN & Buhari consider it ILLEGAL
Issuing Banks consider it LEGAL
Banks that reject it consider it ILLEGAL

Reason I said Lawless & Confused country.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Ubdavis(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2023
Dont collect old notes, when the matter burst, Supreme court would not be there for you!!
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Buikechukwu35(m): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
Bank don use these ones head! Emefiele hasn't spoken, you dey accept old notes from bank. Carry am go Supreme Court nah.

Mr. president said only N200 should be circulated and banks are circulating N500 and N1000 and you dey accept am.
executive order isnt a law. Get your fact right

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Eriggayabdem: 9:33am On Mar 09, 2023
Typical of a zootopia..
Where the oppressed joined in chanting the slogans of their oppressors...
Nigerians too like suffer..suffer no dey taya dem. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Gabbriell: 9:44am On Mar 09, 2023
zinaunreal:

What ever supreme Court says is final don't be daft

What the guy is saying is that Supreme Court gave their rulling but the other arm of government that should enforce it will not do so because the rulling is against them.

In a normal climate, they will be the first to obey the law just to set example, but this is Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Minjim: 9:45am On Mar 09, 2023
Why is CBN and Buhari playing ping pong with Nigerians?

Businesses are already collapsing...

And Tinubu they want to stop had already won the election.

So why all these silence ?

2 Likes

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by oliseh99: 9:46am On Mar 09, 2023
Qnet Investment A Scam?
One of my old friend has been telling me about Qnet investment in Lagos
That I should come down to Lagos and register...
Any experience about the company
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by nedu666: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2023
rxmusa:
Useless Emefiele!
Just sabotaging everything in order to make people angry against APC!

Emefiele will definitely go to jail

Which jail. By april he will flee naija like desani
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by RSVP: 9:59am On Mar 09, 2023
[quote author=oliseh99 post=121596082]Qnet Investment A Scam?
One of my old friend has been telling me about Qnet investment in Lagos
That I should come down to Lagos and register...
Any experience about the company[/quote;]

A quick search on Nairaland sef would sef you lots of stress and possibly getting kidnapped.

Qnet
Q1
Quest international

All nah scam.

If you like no hear make you carry ur two legs go der dey find watin no lost..

Ur eye go shishumshi.

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Mike008(m): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2023
ijustdey:

•As CBN unveils guidelines on open banking

https://sunnewsonline.com/banks-issue-reject-deposits-of-old-notes-by-customers/

Sue the bank for breach of duty. Let them pay you damages on top.
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by JustPowerApps(m): 10:15am On Mar 09, 2023
Nation in shambles, divided from top to bottom grin
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by MATEX30: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2023
But supreme Court release a statement last week that says the old naira notes should be spent and remain I circulation till December 31st.

https://hoursnearby.com/supreme-court-orders-old-n200-n500-n1000-to-remain-in-circulation-till-december-31/
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Marvellsmart(m): 10:25am On Mar 09, 2023
Una never even dey see anything sef, shey una leave human being go they vote animal? Una leave Peter go dey vote Tinubu? You have another 8years of suffering and gnashing of teeth remaining... Una go suffer tire! Even ur children will partake in the shege... Bunch of imbeciles

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by blowjohn(m): 10:28am On Mar 09, 2023
Anyone who goes to the bank and collects old not shud be flogged. Its the height os stupidity.

If u must be forgiven for ur stupidity, u must forcefully return the old notes by fire or by force even if it means creating a scene and fighting inside the bank.

1 Like

Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Khastro(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2023
ijustdey:

•As CBN unveils guidelines on open banking

https://sunnewsonline.com/banks-issue-reject-deposits-of-old-notes-by-customers/

grin grin grin
Omo, see ping pong. Hahahahaha
Court says old tender valid.
Bank sharply disposes old tender it could not return to CBN to customers.
Customers cash in, go out with to spend largesse.
Largesse value denied at the markets.
Customers run back to bank to return the largesse.
Banks deny customers.
PMB and CBN laughing roughly.
Hahahahahaha
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by EmekaBlue(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2023
Buhari is a stupid man for sure...very useless presidiot
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by bizhop01: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2023
No reason to pity Nigerian, they deserve every bad thing buhari offered them
4+4 next level too sweet cool
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by Everlastingson: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2023
Coolcash1:
Jagaban should first SACK Emefiele immediately he is sworn in as president! Honestly, he , emefiele will go down as the worst CBN governor ever had in this country.

You're far worse than Emefiele. Customized hypocrite. Is Emefiele your President? Does Emefiele not take orders from Buhari and APC? Lying dingbat. Trying hard to exonerate APC from their own wickedness. If you're not evil you'd know that Tinubu will not be sworn in anyway.
Re: Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers by bizzibodi(m): 11:51am On Mar 09, 2023
Where are d khaki boys?this democracy is not for us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga Loses $300 Million / Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized / How I Recycled Wasted Disposable Cups To Chandelier Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.