Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos (60898 Views)

Train Crushes Army Sergeant Jidean Samson On Motorcycle In Lagos / Train Crushes Truck, Tricycle In Kano. Many Feared Dead / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by oluwatis: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2023
God have mercy
Na their POLITICAL AMBITION trademark be dis. SORROW, TEARS AND BLOOD!!

This is a handing work of a particular political party in Southwest. We all know how they use innocent human blood in paving ways for their political life-long desperate ambition.

You have to have more than a single head to survive these wicked politicians wickedness in Lagos

Ask for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Legacy7438: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2023
May God Save us from this untimely death, Accept the return of the departed souls, and Grant the wounded ones quick and speedy recovery

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by kioski: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.
That's the "we own Lagos" mentality of the bus drivers. Mad driving with impunity

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by rickleye: 10:35am On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:
How can a train collide with a bus? Truly, there are so many sick people in this country.

In fact, Lagos State has a lot of mad people, but those people don't even know they are mad.

What the heck was the bus doing on the train’s tracks. You hear the sound of the train coming , the horn .
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Midehi3(f): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2023
emperorlaqrin:
This was my daily route when going to work at my previous route and I can say categorically that this is one of the problem most Lagos state government officials as.

Lack of patience, Abuse of power, in adherence to rules are just the order of the day of most of this people.

Let me analyze the only thing that would have cause this accident. Where that accident happened is a bus stop called PWD and buses coming from Oshodi access GRA, Old secretariat road.

There re usually a train guide stationed at that place at all times that controls and stop vehicles anytime that a train is about to pass.

First the only BRT that goes through that road is Local Government official staff bus which means the driver refused to listen to the train guide and also it is worthy to note that the road which the train line passes through is kinda hilly hence the driver would have no choice than to slow down and remember the train is coming in high speed.

This was an accident that could have been averted if the driver had waited patiently for the train to pass
Just what my friend explained to me now, exactly same thing he said, just imagine killing some innocent people this morning, and the worst part is, the passengers might be telling him to stop o, brt drivers are mostly agberos undecided

3 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Millimann: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2023
priceactionx:

No , thats FG own, old one. They still used them to carry the common people leaving in low cost area of mainland and those coming from ogun state. They are cheaper than the one brought by jonathan, that still works along that axis. They are the only one standing (i think they are 2 or 3 like that if my memory is right) among those old sets of trains that has tested many governments. Say train version of lagos molue. Always on high speed and over crowding like those indian one. Lagos own has not started on that route. I think the rail sections are still under construction. Its unfortunate situation.

Okay.

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by ttoyetade: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2023
Asquare84:
This is why it good to have a good pastor that will prophesis on our life to avoid this calamity.

Don't turn Pastors to God. Eventually they will mess up your life. Live right, read and obey Gods word, Know how God communicates with you, Pray regularly and be kind to others

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by ttoyetade: 10:40am On Mar 09, 2023
rickleye:

What the heck was the bus doing on the train’s tracks. You hear the sound of the train coming , the horn .
They are still signs of underdevelopment. Train can derail or bus have accident but for Bus and Train to collide live much to be desired by the authority
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Midehi3(f): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2023
Brt drivers most are all Lagos touts, let a qualified driver apply for that job now, they won't give him, only them them, mtcheweeweew

7 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by judedwriter(m): 10:49am On Mar 09, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
God save his children.
A lot of innocent blood wasting this period.

Too much blood shed, needless blood.

Indeed God save us from evil altars that cry for blood.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 09, 2023
cry lipsrsealed
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Lastbornomomama(m): 10:55am On Mar 09, 2023
incandescentena:
angry

God have mercy

This is a handing work of a particular political party in Southwest. We all know how they use innocent human blood in paving ways for their political life-long desperate ambition.

You have to have more than a single head to survive these wicked politicians wickedness in Lagos

So you have how many head now?
Let me ask you is is the Political party that is driving the Bus or Train?
Some time people just use the opportunity of social media to say jargons. Read news if you don't know what to say like and leave instead of finding who to blame for you or someone mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by izubext007: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2023
The driver is just like APC who does not know her route
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by henrybomb(m): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2023
gassbee:
I dont understand but brt buses dont cross the rail lines na for a very long time now
That is not a BRT bus it is a govt staff bus for the secretariat in Alausa

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by debetmx(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2023
Some big people in Lagos need blood. They have gone around begging thinking they were going to lose the elections.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Meedon: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2023
SmartPolician:

Walai, I don't like Lagos at all.

Too many mad people there, claiming agbero and wokeness.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by do4luv14(m): 11:27am On Mar 09, 2023
Ceenachi:
BRT re always acting like they own the road... this area they hv some guys tht use to stop cars when ever the train is coming maybe he did not listen to them... they are always rushing

It's not even a matter of listening,
what ever the train is coming, the ground usually shakes, and there is always a loud siren from afar showing the approaching train,

So what was the Driver of the bus thinking,
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Ikea81: 11:31am On Mar 09, 2023
The road is so bad at the crossing, all those gravel Sanwo poured there , keeps sinking vehicles...road no gree complete for four years. Smh..the bus must have been stucked trying to cross and the train no get break. Unavoidable loss of lives....Nigeria keeps happening to people on a daily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by juman(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Why blame only the driver. Are there no workers employed to man
those train intersection, to flag down or halt vehicular movement as train approaches? Overseas, traffic light does this job for man. Why hasn't lagos state government installed them there? Must they only be concerned about how much they can make from lagosians? Their lives don't matter to these people, just to collect money. That's what we've been talking about. We don't have a givernment who cares yet, na only noise Mr governor sabi make.

The akere market that was set ablaze, the same government was alerted when those boys said they were going to come. The police was also alerted 2 times yet, they didn't do anything, because they don't care. Let it be something that makes money for them, you'd see them manning armoured tank, calling military to invade and kill people at sight , just the way it happened in lekki at the toll gate in oct 2020. We're wiser now. We need a governor who truly cares.

Advanced countries no be heaven o
In some advanced countries sometimes train kill motorists at some train intersection. People always complain that their government should upgrade it to be more secured.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Originalsly: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2023
kingmsookwagh:

That BRT bus has got no business on that spot at all. What was the driver thinking?

What were the passengers thinking?... maybe it was a shortcut route they all agreed on ... get there the quickest way possible. I'm almost sure this is not the first time crossing here.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by IamAsiri: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2023
This is terrible cry.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Funflipper: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2023
Millimann:
Is that the Lagos train they always talk about on the internet?

That scrap.

It is not.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by vannessa7(f): 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
incandescentena:
angry

God have mercy

Don't commit sin with impudence with false accusations and insinuations.
FYI, this is all about the spiritual, number 3 and number 9 are some of the numbers that can allow the activities of the evil ones and it also allow the power of God to be mighty if one is very godly at this time, this year 2023 generally have that attributes because of the 3 and now that we are also in March which is number 3 and today is 9, we all just need to be more prayerful in this month and this year too because of the 3, it's likely some other such calamity might occur again today anywhere all over the world, this effect will reduce in April though.

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by mywells: 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
All the drivers of BRT are all bastard,crazy, stupid, slowpoke, clueless, unreasonable pest,biggots, foolish, mother fucker of all sort and those idiot that employee them are nothing to reason with.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by jessylaurel(f): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2023
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Nicerazor(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
I still don't understand how bus route and train tracks pass through each other. This needs to be looked into.
It's so pathetic.
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Sleekfingers: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
Re: Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2023
Originalsly:

What were the passengers thinking?... maybe it was a shortcut route they all agreed on ... get there the quickest way possible. I'm almost sure this is not the first time crossing here.

No, it's the normal route for both of them (train heading towards or away from Ikeja Along, and Bus heading to secretariat)

Buses and cars are supposed to stop at the intersection anytime a train is approaching. There is an official there who tries to ensure that, however, some buses and cars try to "quickly" cross before the train gets to that intersection (I've seen danfos do that a lot)

I believe that was what the bus wanted to do but somehow, it couldnt get through fast enough

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Denied Canadian Residency, To Be Deported For Having Baby (pics) / Drone Shots Of Second Phase Road Of Ikirun-Ila-Odo Road (Pictures) / Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.